Author Topic: Adjusting screen size.  (Read 10356 times)

Offline ajshn

• Nooboo
Adjusting screen size.
« on: August 10, 2014, 02:50:47 PM »
Due to having two monitors, i don't play the sims in fullscreen mode. I am posting here wondering if there is a way to make my game take up the entire screen, without rendering my other monitor useless. This is how my game looks right now:
If i make the screen size bigger, its gets too big for the monitor and the in game text looks all weird. Is there anyway to change this?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Adjusting screen size.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 05:12:46 PM »
Hi Ajshn,

Have you tried putting a check mark in the Enable Fullscreen box?

Go to Options (...) Select the monitor tab, which is the Graphics Settings and look under Screen Settings.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ajshn

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 08:01:16 PM »
If i enable fullscreen mode i cannot use my second monitor.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 08:13:30 PM »
What do you actually need the second monitor for while playing anyway?

I have 2 on my desktop and I just run the game in full screen, then alt+tab if I need to use the other monitor.

Offline ajshn

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 08:17:33 PM »
Multitasking, I normally have a video open while playing, or i'm reading something on a webpage. I just don't like sitting there waiting while a sim sleeps, goes to work/school, or just doing something that doesn't require my to tell them what to do.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 08:32:50 PM »
That's what speed 3 or 4 is for. Slap that on and it's usually over in pretty much no time at all.

Besides, I can use my second monitor to watch video's while playing Sims 3 full-screen. I just have to pause, alt+tab to the monitor to select a new video when it's done, and then go back to the game.

That works absolutely fine.

Also, to answer the question, no there isn't a way to fix it. You either have to have 2 monitors of the same resolution and stretch the game across both (a lot of people with high-end rigs use 3 monitor setups in this manner), or run the game in a window, without it filling the screen like your screenshot shows... or run it full-screen.

When playing on my desktop, I use my primary monitor at 1920x1080 and the secondary at 1600x900 and either use it to look up tips (which requires pausing and then alt+tab), or watching netflix.