Author Topic: Sims 4 Guides  (Read 89154 times)

Offline ObsidianMyst78

• Nooboo
Re: Sims 4 Guides
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2014, 11:40:15 PM »
It's mentioned in the guide for fishing that the only place to catch the tree fish is in Sylvan Glades, but Sims can catch it at other locations. I caught one tonight in the park in Willow Springs (I believe it was while I was fishing at the pond).  I haven't caught the bat fish yet so I don't know if the same holds true for it. The guides are great, this is my favorite website for all things Sims!!!!!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2014, 02:09:50 PM »
Thanks! I changed it to a 'reliable' place to catch the treefish. I kind of figure it's true for the batfish but can't be sure. It just seems appropriate since it's in a cave of sorts. Kind of figured it was true for the treefish but haven't written fishing yet, as you know! Thanks for the compliment. They always make my day :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2014, 04:01:00 PM »
I didn't read this in your gardening guide as yet. Cutting plants twice (one after the other in the same day) can kill them. This includes wild plants. I tried doing cutting once a day, and the plant survives. Needs further testing as I did it only once.

I "killed" a wild apple tree and a strawberry bush in one of the parks. The strawberry bush emitted a greenish (and probably foul) hazy smoke, much like a sim who didn't have a bath for days. The apple tree just turned brown. I disposed the apple tree but left the strawberry bush.

After a few sim days, the strawberry bush continue to exist but still dead. The wild apple tree never came back. :(

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2014, 05:35:44 PM »
I was sometimes able to do it twice and they'd die. I did mention you should only do it once as it can kill it, and that you may get the option to revive it for $100.. but I've seen the option NOT there too, so don't understand what's up with that.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2014, 05:10:45 PM »
The list is updated with the Aspirations Guide :)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2014, 06:58:45 PM »
I put up the Skills list and made some edits to cheats, babies, and careers today. I am taking a couple days off development to handle life so that I can come back with a fresh attitude. I would like to hear if I've missed the mark on the ideal Emotion for some of these. I haven't been able to play every skill, but know some of them and tried to test others.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2014, 07:42:03 PM »
With the skills guide, you could add in that the skill books are another option as well, it all depends on your household funds. I know the books have a separate topic but you could just mention that the books might be another way of gaining the skills.

For the Video Gaming, I'd say your ideal mood should be focused, as it helps with some of the interactions, especially if you do the tournaments later on, also with your mood being focused you gain the skill a little faster.

Edit: never mind about the books, just re-read the guide.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jen2912

• Townie
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2014, 09:39:15 AM »
I have a list of all teen careers, if this is helpful to anyone.

Offline JengaHare

• Nooboo
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2014, 02:12:16 PM »
Hello,

if you need help with the collectibles guide I almost have all of them, so I can provide pictures.

Specifically the mysims trophies, crystals, elements, metals, and both microscope and space prints

JengaHare

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2014, 05:49:51 PM »
I have a list of all teen careers, if this is helpful to anyone.
Did you put up this list?  My Sim family has 6 children, and some will be teens soon.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2014, 07:27:59 PM »
I missed the posts here. Wouldn't mind seeing teen careers on my suggestions board.

As for collections, see what is missing in the thread there as well. Sorry for being short. On mobile.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2014, 06:27:59 PM »
I am taking a few days off development to handle some things, while I also hope for a patch. I don't like how many things I'll have to edit if I keep going with Skills and am a bit frustrated by the time I've wasted on some of the bugs. I will finish the Careers section on Friday, as there are not really bugs associated with that area of the game. From there, I'll try to find things that won't need editing. I expect some Aspirations to change and perhaps some changes to Skills for issues I'm not yet aware of.

Soon I'll work on Emotions, a Party Guide, and a few less buggy skills (Charisma, Cooking, Video Gaming). I also want to make a Tips page for newcomers.

If you have ideas for articles, please share them on my suggestions board! I will post a full agenda soon so that folks may submit ideas that are not on the list. I myself haven't even come up with a full to-do list yet, as I knew there was plenty of obvious work to be done in just completing careers and skills.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2014, 08:59:03 AM »
Gardening updated with Grafting combos and the Death Flower.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2014, 09:37:10 AM »
Gardening updated with Grafting combos and the Death Flower.
I noticed you removed notes about grafting being bugged.  Was this just so you wouldn't have to do it when they fix it, or does it work for you now?

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2014, 10:15:53 AM »
It really works, all but sage to basil... which is what I tried yesterday that made me think it was still broken. I harvested a death flower this morning. I guess it's not part of the.collection.

Much easier to have many flowers now, as the plant doesn't die when you harvest.