Author Topic: Sims 4 Guides  (Read 89204 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Sims 4 Guides
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2014, 08:50:45 PM »
Sorry I missed that question! Thank for answering, ClayMask.

dethdukk, you're very welcome! I love helping and hope to refine the guides to be more specific on the mechanics as I go. Nothing has got the attention gardening has, so there is definitely room for improvement on all the released pages. I will not be lacking something to do for many months.

Romance will be out as soon as I can tear my attention away from Civilization. I have been working to redesign my main site that links everything together, and that's not quite done yet, but close. I've just now finished the notes I need for the main Beyond Earth Guide I want to write, so should be able to get back to Sims very soon. Nothing else I make on that game will take as long as this one has (affinities, for those interested), and life has been less distracting lately. I should be more productive in the near future. I still think I have time to meet my goal of 50 pages on Sims 4 by December. :)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2014, 09:51:08 PM »
I just want to say to guide readers that I will be back and updating more regularly when I am able. I've had a lot of technical problems lately that have prevented me from writing. I wouldn't want anyone to think it was disinterest or that I was focusing on another game. Getting a good Sims guide written is what is most important to me right now! I am actually putting the Civ:Beyond Earth project on hold for a while, having not started it yet there is no commitment.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2014, 12:42:35 PM »
Looks like Collectibles are up next, then information on Weddings and other types of Parties. I have probably 20 pages to go to finish the base game coverage, and maybe some extra misc articles to fill in gaps in information. I'm taking the better part of this week off for Thanksgiving, some time with family and my girlfriend, and will resume writing heavily in December. Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans. To those of you who have to work on that day, I am sorry that our society is getting worse and worse about saving money and forgetting family values and decency.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2015, 03:34:05 PM »
Not all families, Carl.  Love you so much.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2015, 04:52:25 PM »
@Joria Aww, thank you :)

I just stopped in here to work on the list, as i hadn't updated it in a while.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2015, 05:31:28 PM »
Hey wasn't sure exactly where to post this... the guide:  Sims and Gameplay (http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/sims.php) is missing the length of the Teen age.  I believe it's 13 days on normal?
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2015, 05:20:54 PM »
While I can still think of about 10 pages I can make, I've been bogged down with other things for some time. I want to get a building section created eventually, but it seems like something that should wait a bit for efficiency's sake because of how new features are being added to the game (like the upcoming basements feature). It kind of feels like it's still being developed, but it's not a bad thing because they are doing an excellent job bringing in new features some people thought should have been included at launch and we know how budgets/time constraints can affect game development. I love how they are doing patches and the extra information I'll need to incorporate into the site because of that.

I am taking a break from Sims 4 site development for a while (again) to pursue other thing. I need some self improvement and to work on other sites. I still love my Sims and will get back to that in due time, but do not want to burn myself out on the game at any point as I did with TS3. I'll still release something once in a while to make the site more 'complete'. It's just a matter of what I want to do and what I'm capable of doing. I look forward to the Expansion this April and the upcoming Summer with all the new people who will join us here on the Forum. It's a little slow lately, but it's just that time of year and the old game's declined in popularity while the new one continues to rise. The Expansion, for me as a writer and free-spirited person, gives me broad choices on pages to create and the enjoyment that brings me. I like chasing whims and writing on something based on how I feel and with a lot of options available to me. Now that we've published so much, I feel constrained.

My work is going to be featured in the Sims Magazine app that can be found on the app store for both iOS and android. I'm not sure when the first Sims 4-era piece is released, but I've given them work on both Careers and Outdoor Retreat for publication. It'll be great to see it in a magazine, whether it's print or not. I'll let people know when that magazine is released, because it will be something a lot of you guys will want to check out. I'm sure they will secure some great interviews in the future.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2015, 01:23:54 PM »
Just wanted you to know I'm always praying and thinking about you.  Take some time to renew yourself once in awhile.  We all love you and appreciate the millions of hours you put in to the guides you create.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2015, 05:51:58 PM »
Your support matters a lot to me @Joria and I thank you.  I do feel a lot better than I did then, but succumb to stress and other issues like anyone else I guess. I have the option to push hard and focus on one thing a lot, but it doesn't mean I always should. I did find some peace there, so all is well now, just behind on writing!

I will resume writing on the base game as summer approaches and try to polish off my to-do list. It's exciting building a new site with an established following, and I'm grateful to everyone who has continued to come here, share their thoughts about the game and even help me with the guide by providing little tips :)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2015, 03:59:05 PM »
I just updated the gardening guide with a tip from a player that I received a while back. She made a guide to combining plants in an efficient way so that you can complete the collection and simultaneously have one of every plant growing on a fast-blooming plant. It can be downloaded here. Thanks to charlottecupcake for this list :) In the document you will see the total amount of grafts you need to collect, and where to graft them. This has been refined a few times, and she's done a really great job with this.

We also found that Mixology can actually make a lot of money. Not sure if I just missed this, or they updated them. Prices scale with drink quality/level and can be sold through your Sim's inventory. The price list is updated

Offline gendalf

• Nooboo
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2015, 01:55:17 AM »
- Add info about hidden skills, at least a list of them. (areas where your sim will start getting better result after a while, by repeating an action over and over, but there's no in-game indication)

- Does "Go to Work!" in Daily Task & Promotion Requirements after reaching lvl10 in a career, means that I can force my sim to work more hours to get more $? If so how do I do it?

- Is somewhere a list of all of the Items with auras sorted by aura?

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2015, 06:05:52 PM »
- Add info about hidden skills, at least a list of them. (areas where your sim will start getting better result after a while, by repeating an action over and over, but there's no in-game indication)

- Does "Go to Work!" in Daily Task & Promotion Requirements after reaching lvl10 in a career, means that I can force my sim to work more hours to get more $? If so how do I do it?

1. There is actually no hidden skill this time around. The only skills that is not available to common player is called Reaping and it is related to Grim Reaper. I have my suspicion about the singing skill though but all my level 10 guitar could sing perfectly in Outdoor Retreat. Even the new career in Get To Work only have job level that influence the success rate of their respective career related interaction.

2. There is actually no way to force staying late in normal career unless there is some specific chance card that we haven't yet come across since even in Sims 3, there is no option either to intentionally stay late. For Get To Work Expansion yes we can stay late and earn more money by cancelling the timer icon right at the jobs objectives. It will ask you if you want to stay late or leave job early.

3. Do you mean somewhere in game? I don't really know about his though.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2015, 06:13:06 PM »

The only hidden skill I can think of is skill at specific video games.  You can get better at individual video games by playing them, but you need to keep playing them often to keep the skill.

There is a list of items that cause emotional auras, but it is intermingled with other ways of obtaining these moods.  It's here:  http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21776.0.html

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2015, 01:21:54 PM »
The only hidden skill I can think of is skill at specific video games.  You can get better at individual video games by playing them, but you need to keep playing them often to keep the skill.

There is a list of items that cause emotional auras, but it is intermingled with other ways of obtaining these moods.  It's here:  http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21776.0.html

Doing homework has a hidden skill related to it as well.  I also believe that fighting/practice fighting may have a hidden skill, but I haven't tested this. 
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2015, 05:12:00 PM »
Isn't dancing a hidden skill? It sure seems like there are levels of it.