Author Topic: You know you've played too much Sims when..  (Read 428673 times)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: You know you've played too much Sims when..
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2010, 01:38:33 AM »
I've just discovered some examples of this exact topic on tvtropes! Go to this page: [Link removed.  Pam] and read the section starting "Maxis' Sim games...". Mostly for TS2, but still quite funny  :D. More stories about 'sizing up people on the street or television, thinking "I have that skirt/top/hairstyle on the Sims... I could create you."'.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2010, 03:04:27 AM »
Sorry, Ausette.  That site had some inappropriate content for this Forum, so I had to remove the link.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2010, 03:18:25 AM »
Oh, alright, sorry (I'm new, I need to learn... :(). Is it OK if I post quotes?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2010, 03:31:12 AM »
Oh, alright, sorry (I'm new, I need to learn... :(). Is it OK if I post quotes?

No worries.  That's why we have moderators.  Yes, you can post quotes as long as there is no profanity or inappropriate content.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2010, 04:03:33 AM »
Thanks Pam. Here are some of the better quotes I've picked out, with grammar edited slightly to make them easier to read:

The above mentioned: "I have found myself, after many hours of gameplay, sizing up people on the street or television, thinking "I have that skirt/top/hairstyle on the Sims... I could create you." "

"I was quite spooked one day when, while I was riding on the bus, a young man sat down next to me, who looked EXACTLY like a Sim I had created a few days ago. Same hairstyle, same eye color/face shape/features.... I tried very hard not to stare. "

" It was rare for me to go to a place without thinking about how I would create it in the game. "

"When I play too much Sims, I end up imagining a bladder or hunger bar that's going down whenever I'm hungry or need the toilet. And sometimes it takes me a minute to work out that I have to actually interact with things rather than clicking on them.... "

"I once got home from work after being awake with the Sims all night before. I fell onto my bed and closed my eyes and almost immediately started dozing, and thought "I should take a nap." After a second, I then thought "Nah, I'll just use the cappuccino machine." After a second, the realization of what I'd just thought me hit hard enough to wake me up completely. "

"Writing my username on my school work instead of my name, then feeling embarassed and crossing it out."

Classic, all classic  ;D

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2010, 08:14:38 AM »
"Writing my username on my school work instead of my name, then feeling embarassed and crossing it out."[/i]

:-[ Been there.

Also, I think I forgot to mention, one day I played so much the sims, that when I woke up the next day, after nearly 4 hours of sleep, I got up and tried clicking my desk to pick up my stuff...

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2010, 10:02:23 AM »
Four hours of sleep, don't think I've pulled that one before! Yikes. But another thing I do whenever I'm on a school computer is to instinctively type "sims3.com" instead of whatever I was supposed to be looking up into the browser, then realise what I've done and frantically mash backspace before anyone notices. Funny thing is that the site's not blocked by the school filter. Pity I graduate soon, I could have really abused the school's internet server (kidding!).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2010, 09:17:39 AM »
You know you've played too much Sims when..  you wake up the next morning with a print on your cheek that mirrored corresponds to the following keys:

F1 F2 F3 F4  F5 F6 F7 F8 F9 F10 F11 F12
                                                 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   0  -    =
                                                 q   w  e    r   t    y   u   i    o   p
                                                  a   s   d   f    g    h   j   k   l    ;
                                                   x   c   v   b    n   m  ,   .   /

Than, and only than you can consider that you may have played to much that previous day...
But who am I?

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2010, 03:59:14 PM »
You kinda forgot Z.

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2010, 04:35:19 PM »
You know you've played too much Sims when..  you wake up the next morning with a print on your cheek that mirrored corresponds to the following keys:

F1 F2 F3 F4  F5 F6 F7 F8 F9 F10 F11 F12
                                                 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   0  -    =
                                                 q   w  e    r   t    y   u   i    o   p
                                                  a   s   d   f    g    h   j   k   l    ;
                                                   x   c   v   b    n   m  ,   .   /

Than, and only than you can consider that you may have played to much that previous day...
But who am I?

Do not make fun of people with keyboard tattoo's, Leto...
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2010, 04:37:50 PM »
Is there anyone else who ever finds themselves wishing real life had some of the great Sims features?  I mean, my life would be so very much easier with a Motherlode or two ...  ;D

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2010, 04:43:43 PM »
Is there anyone else who ever finds themselves wishing real life had some of the great Sims features?  I mean, my life would be so very much easier with a Motherlode or two ...  ;D
YES! I would love some familyfunds! Also I would love to make my needs static, I would never have to eat or sleep!! What would I do with all the extra time? Why play sims of course!  ;D ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2010, 03:46:22 AM »
Do not make fun of people with keyboard tattoo's, Leto...

You two are hysterical!  :D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2010, 09:18:43 AM »
I would be happy enough with some stuff like Steel Bladder, Fast-Learner, Multitasker and the teleporter. If Motherlode and familyfunds would ever happen, it could shake the world's economy.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2010, 11:30:56 AM »
I would be happy enough with some stuff like Steel Bladder, Fast-Learner, Multitasker and the teleporter. If Motherlode and familyfunds would ever happen, it could shake the world's economy.
But the economy is already bad, maybe it would help!!  ;D