Author Topic: Snow - a Sims 3 retelling of Snow White  (Read 8385 times)

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
Re: Snow - a Sims 3 retelling of Snow White
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2014, 05:20:52 AM »
The idea of Morgana being able to see threw other people's mirrors is a brilliant, plus it's a good jump-scare for Snow.
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2014, 06:42:13 PM »
Yes, I liked the idea of her using the mirror.  It was a way of connecting to the original tale ;D

An Apple

An old beggar woman came to the door one day.

'You answered the door? The brothers did warn you.' My friend was back.

I ignored her knocking for a good time but she was determined. She was weeping and near collapse. My heart softened.

I let her in and gave her cool water to drink and some bread to eat. She told me she had travelled a long way and was exhausted.

I offered her shelter for the night thinking I could talk the brothers around but she refused.

She thanked me profusely for my kindness but said she had a distance to yet travel. She dug into her sack and offered me an apple as thanks.

'Of course you refused.'

In truth I did not want it. It was a strange shade of red and recalled to me the scarlet of my step-mother's lips.

I was loathe to take food from her that she might need on her journey.

She insisted I take it. She said it was one from her home town and the apples were unsurpassed in their sweetness.

'Take a bite.' She urged.

More from politeness than desire, I bit into the apple. It was indeed delicious but deadly.

Through my fading senses, I heard her triumphant cackle and I knew that I had been duped.

'Your name?' He asks but the link was dissolving.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2014, 12:08:01 PM »
The inevitable apple scene! I really like how she was determined not to open the door but was still kind enough to feel for a 'stranger'.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2014, 06:56:27 PM »
Ha ha.  Yes, didn't take much to fool her.  ;D

The Prince

Reynard handed his horse to the groom and set off to the main door of the castle, his long stride in his mud-splattered boots making short work of the distance.

The exercise had been just what he needed to clear his head. Soon he would call his servant to him to discover what intelligence he had uncovered on his adventures.

His man had returned late last night but Reynard had been caught up with his father's guests so could not break away.

His father. Reynard worried how long the old man had. He had not been the same since he had returned from that battle – the only one he had lost – and it had cost him dear. It was not just the gold, though surely their coffers were a lot leaner for the experience, but he had lost good men and his reputation. The defeat had broken him in subtle ways.

Many years had passed but each year his father retreated a little more.

Reynard stopped in his room and stripped off his sweat-laden clothes. His body was firm and well-muscled.

He caught a reflection of himself and it pleased him.

No witches in this mirror. Lord, did he really say that?

The girl of his dreams or the mad fantasy of a weakening mind? He wasn't sure. His family obeyed the royal requisite of breeding a madman with almost every generation.

It could be his turn.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2014, 10:02:29 AM »
Ooh, we meet the stranger at last and he's hot  ;)

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 07:24:10 PM »
 ;D Yes, I like Reynard.  He is a worthy Prince Charming, not like my brat prince in Cinderella :D 

I apologise for the lack of pictures.  I am sure I had more at one time but cannot find them now. :-\

A Child's Tale

'I believe we have an impossible quest ahead of us.'

Reynard and his servant sat facing each other across the large oak table, littered with maps and papers and two sturdy mugs of ale.

If only his own father was not so fragile. 

He would surely know the names of the nobles who died for his cause, but Reynard was not insensitive enough to tug on that thread. 

Reminders of his failure and the naming of former friends could very quickly send the old man into a downward spiral that nothing could halt.

Reynard's servant had travelled far and wide, seeking what information he could from whatever source seemed likely.

Phillip of Wintersong should have certainly been a good lead. Everyone knew of Phillip and he was a cousin of sorts to Reynard. It should be a simple matter of identifying the girl he once had planned to marry and taking it from there.

Unfortunately Phillip had died.

His horse had kicked him in the head and, although he survived the kick, he wasted away and did not see year's end. Some said he died of a broken heart.

Others suggested he had finally had some sense kicked into him and couldn't cope with the strangeness.

His successor, Ellis the Bold, was far too busy galloping off to battle to take the time to search the records.

Reynard's man had turned then to the villagers.

They were an odd lot. Very reluctant to speak. Perhaps because he was a stranger but there seemed, as well, a fear laid on them.

Finally his man had broken through. It was a small child, a girl. She was richly dressed and accompanied by several servants, as you would expect of the daughter of a noble.

His man had spoken to one of the servants, a young woman, easily flattered by the smooth tongue, quick wit and courtly manners of his agent.

The servant had nothing much to give him except her coy smiles but the child had drawn breath and tugged at his sleeve in impatience.

Unfortunately, before she could say a word, she was quickly pulled aside by another attendant.

He had moved on, but later, as he inspected some wares at a stall, the child had appeared at his side. It seemed she had eluded her attendants if only for a moment.

'You ask of Isolde of Whitesnow.' She had hissed.

'They tell me she is dead but I...' She stammered, reluctant to confess.

'I have dreams where I see her.  She lives in a house in a forest with seven brothers.  They are kind and care for her but she is sad.  Sadder than I.'

'Please find her and help her. Tell her I am sorry for the deeds of my mother.'

So, Reynard had a name and location – well within several dozen leagues every which way. A house in a forest, a house with seven brothers or so the child had dreamed.

How difficult could that be to find?

'We go to seek a damsel in distress.'  Reynard grinned. 

If his man was upset over being dragged away again after just returning from a long journey, he didn't complain. 

But Reynard suspected, deep in his heart, that their adventure would be pure folly.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2014, 02:51:29 PM »
So Philip is related to Sarah! Love it. I'm super happy the little girl isn't evil like her mother  ;) I'm also always losing screenshots - I end up regretting deleting so many when it comes to writing what goes with each picture.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2014, 07:09:50 PM »
Thanks Brooke

Yes, I like to have a sort of back history going in my stories where the families are linked even if they are not in the same time line. I believe I used the name in Beauty and the Beast as well. 

One day I might do something with it - maybe. ;D

Winter

I wonder what will happen to me when the brothers grow old and die.

Who will keep the wolves from my helpless body then?

It is not a pleasant thought and I put it aside to be taken out again when I am so bored that even unhappy musings are welcome distractions.

It is winter now. I watched through the windows as the trees dropped their golden brown leaves until bare grey branches were all that remained.

The snow has not yet fallen but the skies are dark and the brothers huddle by the fireplace.

They have moved me into the main room to share in the warmth just as they have done in past winters. I feel neither heat, nor cold, but it is a comfort to be near them.

They cast anxious glances towards me and I wonder if that is significant. Am I changing in some way? I seem to spend a lot more time in darkness since summer ended.

Darkness, yes, but not this utter black.  Impenetrable clouds of stygian ink roil across my vision and a dread that chills me to my bones seizes my heart.

'You should have died already, wretched girl. How you do cling to your miserable life.'

Morganna. Her voice, hate-filled, menacing and cold breaks through the clouds, shattering what little senses remained to me. 

My mind recoils with a violence that sends me almost to the bottom of the abyss. I fight to regain the surface, to rise again, for down there is death or madness with little to choose between.

But I cannot make progress. There is a weight forcing me down.  I hear her chant. Words, float about me. Malevolent, cruel and evil. I cannot fight those words.

Death lurks nearby.  His grin, a rictus of anticipation.  He has waited patiently but hungrily for my soul and now his cruel hand stretches forth. 

He will have me soon.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2014, 08:06:35 PM »
This is a cool story, Figwit! I will check out your other stories too.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2014, 01:23:21 AM »
Thanks Lisa.  I hope you enjoy them too. :D

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2014, 09:40:48 AM »
Poor Isolde, I can see the brothers love her a lot and must also be wondering what to do to help her  :(

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2014, 07:01:24 PM »
They need some help.  Oh look, here he is  ;D

Rescue

Reynard and his servant reined in outside the cottage.

It had taken many weeks and much gold to find their way here.

It was a pretty cottage, rough hewn but homely with well tended gardens, cleverly shaped hedges and neat pathways paved with white river stone.

Reynard leapt from his saddle and knocked at the door. The sudden silence indoors was proof that the knock had been heard.

'Come, my good men. We mean you no harm.' He called.

The door cracked open and a flushed, bewhiskered face looked out. A pair of sky blue eyes appraised the visitors, noting the quality material, albeit mud stained, of their travel cloaks.

'Let him in.'

I know him. He is the stranger of my dreams, the man whose voice oft-times breaks into my narrative.

Amid the descending dark and the fearful words he ushers in a golden light that cuts through the gloom and brings with it a glimpse of the outside world where pine needles sparkle with ice crystals, horses stamp their mud-crusted hooves and snort with white puffs of breath and the smell of their oiled leather harness mingles with the wood smoke hanging in the still, frosty air.

I know, in my heart, that this man, alone, can save me.

I send my plea to the brothers. They haven't heard me before but I throw all I can, the last of my strength, into my thoughts.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2014, 10:52:42 AM »
I love the imagery used in this update, I can see the little cottage in my mind so well done  ;)

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2014, 06:50:04 PM »
Thanks Brooke.  That is so kind of you to say.   :D

Morganna's chant is twisting me around, pummelling me, trying to send me further into the dark but the nearness of the prince lends strength to my fight. 

I see Death retreat a little.  His greedy claw closes on empty air.  The battle isn't won though and I sense she is building to a final assault; one which I doubt I can win.

And then, amazingly, the chant ceases.  It stops mid word.  Quiet both welcome yet dreadful because surely the respite is just a cruel tease.  She is playing with me as a cat with a mouse.

All the same, I begin to feel a small hope growing like a tiny spark of light in the black.

Then, like the gathering of winds of a fearful storm, I feel a rage beyond reckoning. It hits like a wave but it is not directed at me.

Somewhere, there is a child's anguished scream and then an ominous silence.

My sister.

Reynard

She is beautiful beyond my imaginings and I know this lovely creature will be my bride.

She sleeps now in her glass casket her eyelashes black smudges on her milk white face.

Her keepers watch, nervously, as I gently raise the lid. They do not care that I am a prince and heir to the throne.

They will punch me to the ground if I harm their beloved in any way. I would reassure them, if I could, but I know, in my heart, that time is short.

I slip my hand beneath her neck. Her midnight tresses are silk on my skin. I lean forward and brush her ruby lips with mine. I half hear the collective outrage as her keepers get ready to throw me out of the door but I care not.

If they break every bone in my body, it will be worth it for this fair moment of pleasure.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2014, 06:35:00 AM »
Ah no, her sister  :'( I think if a stranger suddenly kissed Isolde the brothers would most certainly be angered, great job again  :)

anything