Author Topic: Sims Anonymous  (Read 111330 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Sims Anonymous
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 11:05:34 PM »
Just those three? Can't we call you Pam? :P

Well, ok.  I guess you can call me Pam, too.  ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 11:06:39 PM »
Yay!  :)
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2010, 12:32:11 AM »
Hi I'm Ruby, and, well the name says it all.
I Love Sims. More than love actully. I started playing in 2003, When I was just 7 ;), I'm not sure if I played the story side much, but boy, did I love my little families!
Eight years on, the addiction is still going strong. I've been playing legacy style for... 3 months and I'm now up to my 3rd Gen! :D As a little side project, I'm re-designing a little town called Cape Clarvel, by My Sims Realty. My friends often ask, "Is this the sims your're talking about, or real life?" Still, I need Sims!
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2010, 01:08:26 PM »
Hi. My name is Lilygirl and I'm a Sims addict.

My addiction started in 2008. I had moved to Calgary in 2007 for university and had to leave my boyfriend (now husband) in Saskatoon. The summer of 2008 he got a student apprenticeship type position in Calgary and we had an awesome summer! So when he moved back to Saskatoon that fall I almost died of boredom. He had introduced me to Sims 2 over the summer but my laptop couldn't run the game so I got my boyfriend to find Sims 1 for me. I played the Sims 1 until my husband and I got married summer 2009 and his beautiful, state of the art gaming computer he moved in. We then bought Sims 3 and here I am today. Except I play on my new laptop as it seems having a husband who loves computer games means I can't play on the PC unless he's at work and I happen to have the day off.

A month ago we moved back to Saskatoon and I am currently unemployed. After working full time for 8 months at a job I didn't like this unemployment feels like a much needed vacation! And it leaves me awesome amounts of time for my Sims! In fact, my much increased social life here sometimes leaves me wanting some quiet time with my Sims, lots of it!

I'm Lilygirl and I'm a Sims addict.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2010, 03:05:32 PM »
Thank you *place your name here* for sharing. I hope everyone is clapping.

I would like to share today:

My name is Platnum and its been 30seconds since my last Sim play. Yes its running in the background. I never turn it off. I hope no one laughs when they read this but I had a small tear when I checked back to see the replies. I am so glad that there are people who play like I do. And that are in my age group. My friends think I'm totally wonky so after awhile I stopped sharing my Sim sagas with them. I have the game on my cell phone and now I'm unstoppable!

I've also turned to converting, pushing people into the ways of The Sims, I've got a little girl hooked on the game and she now owns her own copy, and my friend and I design homes all the time together. Now, I'm working on my girlfriend, which is going a lot better than I thought it would.

I have 5 followers now. Two of my brothers, my sister, my son can't get off my cellphone (I won't let him near my laptop). And now not only did I get my boyfriend on it, we are doing our own family together. We have a huge house which we built from scratch together, a first for us both, and is up on the official site. We are married with 7 kids. We were bummin because he wants our first son back in the house with us but we are over capacity.

Which brought me to why I came out of the game.. I was trying to find some kind of cheat that would allow more people in the house. But all I could find was something called ________ mod. Which scared me so I am just gonna have to stick to 8.

*edited to remove name of mod.  We do not endorse mods on this forum.  
wildredchild (forum moderator)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2010, 04:35:22 PM »
Hi. My name is Lilygirl and I'm a Sims addict.

A month ago we moved back to Saskatoon and I am currently unemployed.

Someone else from Saskatoon!  Soon there will be enough of us to start our own branch of Simaholics Anonymous.  I wouldn't join, though.  I'm still in denial about my addiction and have no desire to be cured.   ;D

The story of how I started simming is in my moderator profile, here:

http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,1339.0.html

I won't bore you by repeating it here.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2010, 06:12:43 PM »
Nope, I do not want to be cured either.  It is just too much fun. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2010, 07:15:14 PM »
Nope, I do not want to be cured either.  It is just too much fun. :)
Just cause I joined SA doesn't in any way say I wanna be cured! I was just admitting I have a problem lol.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2010, 07:22:06 PM »
Well, I thik I'm still in dental! ;)
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2010, 10:36:28 PM »
Hi. I'm TollingBells here, but mostly I'm called Strings. I first saw the sims when I was a young girl, when the older girls at the Daycare I went to would play. From there, I had a distinct interest in Sims, but my mother deemed it too much for me at the time, since I was still young, and the sim two games were rated T. After I graduated from High School, I got a nice monetary gift from my aunt, and since I decided to stay home a year before going to College, I figured I'd need something to do when I'm not working. I bought all three expansions out at the time, and HEL as well. I started playing, and I couldn't belive how fun it was! I'm not as addicted as I am to RPG's like WoW(Which I'll eventually go back to, after a long hiatus), and recently Dragon Age, but I enjoy it very much.

However, I can stop whenever I want.  :o
You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew, what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2010, 11:17:15 PM »
I fear my Sims addiction is flagging since Late Night came out. I think it should have been named Sims Behaving Badly, or Sims Gone Wild. For a game marketed to young teens and tweens, I find it pretty disturbing.

Let me first say that I'm no prude; you'll have to take my word on that. What concerns me is the glamorization of the narcissistic, extreme club scene and ultra-casual "hook-up" culture, to the degree that one of the opportunities is to have woohoo in a certain number of public locations. Sure, the girly clothes are fun, but they make Metro's "hotpants" look like granny pants, and the S&M styling seems a bit much for kids.

Gawd, I sound like an old lady, something I've never been accused of before. Actually I'm coming more from a feminist position, or viewpoint of an observer of society and the directions teens are pulled in, ever younger and younger.

I won't go on and on, and I suspect this kind of conversation breaks a rule somewhere, but if anyone else feels just a tad disturbed by Late Night, feel free to PM me.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2010, 12:10:55 AM »
Sorry wildred. Slip of the finger and they have been punished. Won't happen again.

HalfJack

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2010, 06:17:41 PM »
Hi my name is Jack (not really, but it's more exciting than my real name) and I am a Sims addict.

Have played the game since the Sims2 and have been an addict ever since. I find the Sims an enjoyable game for many reasons, my boyfriend however thinks it satisfies my desire to play god ha ha. I often think I am too addicted, as when thinking about things I need to do, like washing clothes, I imagine myself right clicking the washing machine. Yeah, I am a true addict.
Nice to find some like minded people.
 I am currently experiencing great envy at all you guys with LN, as amazon yet again didn't deliver on day of release as promised. But I am not bitter...going a little cold turkey on my Sims playing at the moment as it seems pointless to start again from scratch before I get it.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2010, 07:04:59 PM »
I am currently experiencing great envy at all you guys with LN, as amazon yet again didn't deliver on day of release as promised. But I am not bitter...going a little cold turkey on my Sims playing at the moment as it seems pointless to start again from scratch before I get it.

I feel your pain! I can't get it til next month!

HalfJack

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2010, 07:49:23 PM »
Oh no. I feel a little selfish whining about waiting 3 days, only a little, I have an addiction to feed :D

anything