Author Topic: Rules: The Wonder Child Challenge  (Read 10123 times)

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
Rules: The Wonder Child Challenge
« on: January 28, 2015, 09:46:05 AM »
I don't know where to put this as there is no Project Story thread yet, so I put it here. Feel free to move it to the Project Story thread when it gets created.

Pinstar, that rascaly devil who created the Legacy, has created a new challenge that has become popular on Youtube called the Wonder Child challenge. Here is the gist of it:

Greetings Citizen. You have been randomly selected to participate in the Wonder Child Project. The government has noted your unmarried status and desire for children. We are here to remedy both.

We have paired you with a fellow citizen of similar age that we have determined to have complementary personality and genetic qualities optimal for child rearing.

You will be given a $22,000 stipend and the choice of lot to purchase. There you will take up residence as a normal person. You will take jobs in the area of your choosing, and otherwise blend in with the neighborhood.

As part of this program you must reproduce at least once with your selected mate. The first child born of the coupling will be the ultimate focus of this project. The “Wonder Child”.

Once this child is born, you are to devote your entire lives to raising them as successfully as possible. Leave no advantage ungranted, no assistance unrendered. Your undivided attention must be given to this child. Any efforts to improve yourselves or any subsequent children are to be for the indirect betterment of your Wonder Child.

This is a competition. There are hundreds of other couples doing the same as you. Show us your child rearing skills, make the best child that one can make, and you will be rewarded handsomely.

Basically, you create two Sims at the adult stage - a man and woman - put them in a house - and then have them Try For Baby, and the first-born child(in the case of twins and triplets; I heard that the constant birth of twins was a bug that EA patched) is a special child who scores points based on how well they do in school and how many reward traits they earn and how many skills they master up to Young Adult.

I've tried it and it's pretty interesting. I've put a link to the rules HERE. Pinstar has completed it and has some interesting strategies on how to get stuff done and now several other Simmers have uploaded their challenges on Youtube as well. Tell me what you think.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: The Wonder Child Challenge
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 09:54:30 AM »
I've cheated to get all childhood aspirations complete, but would love to give this a go.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 04:34:38 PM »
I'm going to have to try this after my Aspirations Challenge is completed (or I get too bored with it lol). Thanks for posting it here!
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 11:15:12 PM »
I'm sure Pinstar, who created this challenge, will be pleased as punch. He did a video series of himself doing the challenge.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Rules: The Wonder Child Challenge
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 08:09:26 PM »
Depending on how soon your Wonder Child's parents take to conceive their Wonder Child, the entire challenge takes roughly five sim-weeks.
It's great fun and you can either play it for maximum points or for creating to a founder to continue on to an Apocalypse Challenge.

For those of you interested in doing a Wonder Child Challenge but hesitate to start, you might enjoy watching Pinstar's Youtube video series.
The entire series consist of roughly 40 twenty-minute videos, with Pinstar talking you through the entire challenge--from creating two parents until the end of the Wonder Child's young adult birthday party--with his own tips and tricks.

Here's the Youtube link:
Introducing the Sims 4 Wonder Child Challenge

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 09:28:49 PM »
Just wanted to point out that the Wonder Child Challenge will be overhauled to allow for the toddler stage.

Here's a link to the official announcement:
http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/updating-legacy-wonder-child-challenge-include-toddlers/#more-3089

This news makes me want to do another Wonder Child Challenge...

Offline boomboomraccoon

• Llama Wrangler
  • Boom works, so does Rowan!
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 02:38:03 PM »
For anyone interested in Immortal Dynasties without a lot of advanced or challenge-style play, the knowledge I learned through reading about other WCCs -- and playing my own, was invaluable. Also, I'm definitely going to have to do a new one with the Toddlers!

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 02:31:44 PM »
The updated rules for the Wonder Child Challenge, which have been changed today to reflect the introduction of toddlers (extra points) and vampires (banned), can be found here.

Offline amy_apocalypse

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 03:42:09 PM »
Does anyone know where I can find a score sheet for the Wonder Child Challenge that is updated to include toddlers?

Offline angelD

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2017, 11:55:30 AM »
I do not see anything about the Get Together clubs. Are we allowed to use them?

Online Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
New Attempt
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2022, 06:30:20 AM »
I'm just in the planning stages to attempt this challenge again. All advice, links, etc welcome!