Author Topic: Positive moodlets for infants / toddlers  (Read 9394 times)

Offline MegTrog

• Llama Wrangler
Positive moodlets for infants / toddlers
« on: October 29, 2010, 06:00:46 PM »
I don't often post these days, because I'm so busy that if I want to spend some time on Sim-stuff, I want to spend it on the Sims!  But I do check in on the forum frequently, because it's such a great place for tips!

One thing I couldn't find was a list of positive moodlets that infants and toddlers can get.  I've just reached the 4th generation of my legacy, and a recurring problem for me has been getting lifetime happiness points early on, to the point that I've become quite obsessed with keeping everybody in a good mood.  Only it's tough to do that with infants and toddlers who don't get all the moodlets that the older Sims do (my third generation heir rolled grumpy and neurotic at birth--I thought she'd never cheer up!).  No beautiful vista or well-decorated, for example.  So has anybody worked out a list of what they can get so that I can design the ultimate Sim nursery?

The ones I have been able to use:

The teddy bear one
Squeaky clean
Having fun (can babies get this, or just toddlers?)
Fire (I'm using flamefruit, because I suck at building fireplaces, but I assume a fireplace would also work).
Eye candy (it's a really short duration, but if all the adults have it, it's a nice boost)
The incense from Egypt moodlet
The stereo playing favourite music (the youngest child is a heavy sleeper, so I never have to turn it off--result!)

Any others?

Offline Holmes

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Positive moodlets for infants / toddlers
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 06:23:40 PM »
Changing to fresh clothes (by caregiver) if house is doing laundry. Not sure about infant, but toddler definitely gets this.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 08:15:39 PM »
Use the incense from all 3 WA locations as they are each a separate moodlet.

Offline MegTrog

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 06:49:00 AM »
I only have the Egypt one.  I'm planning a trip to France once the current toddlers are grown, so I'll pick another burner up for the 5th generation! ;)  I also haven't bought any washing machines for the clothes, simply because I didn't want the hassle of another chore.  I might try it out for the next baby, since they're the hardest to boost their moods up.

One correction to my original list, toddlers can have the beautiful vista moodlet.  I'm sure the baby didn't, but there's no way I'm having another just to check!  ;)

Ankaret

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 08:09:55 AM »
I've been able to get random good moodlets for infants by having a Mad Scientist Sim experiment on the crib.  I think one of the cribs had 'Cheered Up' on it for +20, and the other one had 'New Car Smell'.

Offline LL22

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 04:15:38 PM »
My infant is getting the beautiful vista moodlet.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 04:43:15 PM »
A minor one, but fairy toddlers get a +5 moodlet during the full moon (and a negative one during a new moon).

I haven't tried this myself, but babies and toddlers get the +30 moodlet from the culinary career fridge if they're in the same room as it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 04:53:47 PM »
Toddlers get one from Imaginary Friends, can't say how much of one, but it only lasts a few hours.

Offline Meisbrie

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 02:25:53 PM »
I've also been able to get the "Had a Good Stroll" moodlet when one of my adults took the baby for a walk in the stroller, and the "New Friend" moodlet when the baby got to know a non-relative well enough to be friends.

Offline Rektascensja

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 10:35:06 PM »
Placing floor hygienators under the crib can give New Car Smell and Minty Breath moodlets, though if it is not made by master inventor , it can also make them nauseous.
If baby is  magically cleaned by a genie , they get short time magical clean buff in addition to normal squeaky clean.
I think seasonal  holiday moodlets work for them too.
Trait-specific:
Evil babies can benefit from fiendishly delighted,
Loner from being alone in room
Insane from full moon.
Loves the outdoors from being outoor.

As for toddlers:
they can also get moodlets from high quality meals. You have to put them in high chair and serve food using food processor.
Birthday party when aging from infant to toddler gives 24 h bonus

That's all I remember now., but I can  check some more later.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 06:08:32 PM »
About the music moodlet - it's +30 with favorite music. It goes up to +40 with improved speakers and +45 if there's also a wall speaker nearby.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2018, 09:34:49 PM »
Premium content that can provide positive moodlets for infants/toddlers include
* the tiny suns from the Sun Flowers
* the chocolate fountain
* initial purchase of the ice cream and deep fryer
* infant/toddler swing
I think the playpen that comes with Aurora Skies might as well

Offline Florana7

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2019, 12:02:40 PM »
Found another one that infants can get: 

"Just Like Mom used to Make"  from the baker's station, premium content.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2019, 05:14:10 PM »
I hope this isn't wrong and this is just for anybody who is still wondering, but I'll just add that the only thing you need to do for infants is to take care of their needs. Their social goes down pretty fast so you'll have to do interactions like play, toss in the air, etc... frequently. That's it. Once they get to toddler, their social will go down a little slower, but still just take care of their basic needs. Babies and toddlers do not have wishes at all. This only appears once they become a child. The special days also add positive moodlets and as KRae said, favorites like music. As Dek said, the swing and/or the playpen and walker which are premium store content keep everything green to the max.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2019, 08:41:51 PM »
Another piece of store content that comes with the toy shop from Midnight Hollow is the baby mat you can put infants on. You need to unlock it with buydebug if you don't craft it from the toy machine, but I love it. It helps keep their needs full like a lot of the other store content. It's really handy if you have a big house and the baby's crib is on the other side from where your sims are.