Author Topic: The Four Better or Four Worse Challenge: The Final Chapter  (Read 18856 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
The Four Better or Four Worse Challenge: The Final Chapter
« on: March 16, 2015, 08:00:03 AM »
So, I just had yet another Decadynasty meet with miserable failure.  That said, I'm going with a challenge rather than another dynasty attempt.  This is a challenge I had created about a year or so ago and posted on another site.

THE FOUR BETTER OR FOUR WORSE CHALLENGE

Overview:
The goal of this challenge is to have a total of 8 Sims (a full household) reach their LTW's. Four of those will be good, positive LTW's (four better) and four of those will be evil, negative LTW's (four worse).

Starting Up the Challenge:
To begin this challenge, set lifespan on medium. You will create a household of 4 young adult Sims. Two of those must have "Better" LTW's and two must have "Worse" LTW's. At the completion of this challenge, you must have the Sims who have completed the 8 LTW's all living together in the same household. You may have other Sims live in the household during the process, but the Sims who complete the required LTW's must never move out of the household. No Sim that moves out of the household can ever move back in. If one of the eight Sims dies after or while completing their LTW, they must be replaced.
The empty plot of land where you start your household is to be the permanent residence for the household. Your initial household must have starting household funds of only $1,000 AFTER you have purchased your starting lot (use the familyfunds cheat). There is no size requirement for the lot. However, each of your eight Sims are to end up having their own, equally sized portion of the lot. The portion each Sim gets can be their own, individual home OR simply their own room in the same house. This portion is to contain all "trophies" they create or receive while achieving their LTW.
No methods of extending life may be used in this challenge (no ambrosia, tattoos, etc.) and at least six of your Sims must be regular humans or witches (a total of two Sims from the vampire, genie, werewolf, etc. lifestates may be used, though you will receive a penalty in the final scoring). Deathflowers may be carried ONLY by the original four Sims you create.

Adding Sims:
As stated, you start with only four Sims in your household, but will need a total of eight to complete the challenge. The following ways of adding Sims are acceptable:
-Adopting a child: You may only adopt a Sim of ages baby through child age-state, so no teens). The child must maintain A's throughout school (elementary and high school) to be eligible to be one of the final eight
-Marriage: You may marry a Sim and move him/her into the household. However, this must be a Sim who does not already have one of the required LTW's. Instead, you will use the "Change LTW" Lifetime Reward to make them fit the necessary LTW.
-Pregnancy: You may add to the household through standard procreation. Only the Sims with the four "worse" LTW's may have children out of wedlock.
-Imaginary Friends:  You may make an imaginary friend real and add him/her to the household.
-Clone Voucher: One of your original four Sims may use the Clone Voucher LTR to add a new member to the household. Clone Drone is NOT allowed as it creates a Sim that is the same age as your original Sim and does not require raising the new Sim.

The Eight LTW's and the Required Trophies
Four Better:
-Become an Astronaut (3 space rocks of any size and a painting of the Sim in his/her 10th level career attire)
-Descendant of DaVinci (two masterpiece paintings, two perfect sculptures, and a time machine)*
-Firefighter Super Hero (all trophies and rewards gained through promotions must be displayed)
-Perfect Mind, Perfect Body (two different types of bookshelves and two different types of exercise machines)

Four Worse:
-Gold Digger (a painting and a sculpture of the spouse made prior to their demise, the grave marker of the spouse must be kept out in this Sim's area)
-Emperor of Evil (the urns of three Sims he/she had to "get out of his/her way," three stolen items)
-Master Romancer (a medium-sized photo of each Sim he/she woohoos and a medium-sized photo of each woohoo location)*
-Monster Maker (a medium-sized photo of the first monster created, a painting of the second, and a sculpture of the third)*

*If you are lacking one of the necessary expansions for one of these LTW's, simply choose one that seems and equivalent (for example, Heartbreaker instead of Master Romancer) OR if you want to exchange one of the LTW's for another that seems suitably matched, you may do so (for example, swapping Seaside Savior for Firefighter Super Hero)

Scoring:
-For each of the eight LTW's you accomplish, you receive 25 points.
-If a Sim who is working on one of the LTW's dies and must be replaced, you receive a -5 penalty.
-If members of the household outside of those eight achieve a LTW, you receive and extra 15 points.
-For each of the trophy items on display for your eight Sims, you receive an additional 5 points.
-If one of your original 4 Sims dies during this challenge, you will receive an additional -10).
-For each supernatural type (other than witches) in your household, you receive a -10.

Optional Rules (you are not required to use any of these, they are merely additional challenges you can give yourself):
-None of the original four Sims can have any of the same traits.
-Each of your four "Better" Sims needs the good trait, each of the four "Worse" Sims need the evil trait.
-Each of the original four Sims must have one child and these four children complete the household (in the event of twin/triplet births, a suitable heir is simply chosen by the Watcher).
-No supernatural states AT ALL are allowed.
-Try this challenge on short lifespan.
-Each of your "better" Sims must have 4 best friends and each or your "worse" Sims must have 4 enemies.
-Add a Sim using four different methods.

I'll be taking on this challenge with the following adjustments:
-I'm not going to bother keeping score because I prefer no to.
-I'll be adding to the household with one of each of the following:  pregnancy, adopt, imaginary friend made real, and marriage.
-Each of the "betters" have the good trait, each of the "worse" have the evil trait

Hope you enjoy it!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: The Four Better or Four Worse Challenge
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 03:26:19 PM »
Best of luck to you, Pup, I'm looking forward to seeing how you play the challenge  ;)
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 06:51:44 PM »
-I'll be adding to the household with one of each of the following:  pregnancy, birth, imaginary friend made real, and marriage

I'm a little confused...pregnancy and birth? Did you mean adoption for one of those, or am I being dense.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 08:30:45 PM »
This sounds really interesting, Pip! Looking forward to seeing this challenge in action  :)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 09:23:01 PM »
Best of luck to you, Pup, I'm looking forward to seeing how you play the challenge  ;)
Thanks!  I think it should be a lot of fun.

-I'll be adding to the household with one of each of the following:  pregnancy, birth, imaginary friend made real, and marriage

I'm a little confused...pregnancy and birth? Did you mean adoption for one of those, or am I being dense.
Oh.  Haha.  Yes.  The birth should be adoption.  Note to self, re-read things I type up and post early in the morning before running off to work.

This sounds really interesting, Pip! Looking forward to seeing this challenge in action  :)
Thanks.  I look forward to playing it out and seeing how it goes.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Four Better or Four Worse Challenge: The Story Begins
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 10:41:42 PM »
Pippin:  Welcome, one and all, to the Four Better or Four Worse Challenge!  A challenge which will...well, follow the rules from the first post.  Anyway, let's meet the family.  I gave them the last name Mythos and each character name will be grounded in some type of mythological concept...
Promethea:  Blah, blah, blah.  Enough with the speech, Pippin.  As they say, "On with the snow!"

Pippin:  No, that's not a thing.  People don't say that.  Anyway, this is Promethea...
Promethea:  Hi folks!  And lady-folks!  And men-folks!  And children-folks!
Pippin:  Okay, they get the point.  At any rate, she will be our monster maker, so she is evil, eccentric, genius, lucky, and childish.
Promethea:  I like puppies!
Pippin:  Okay.  And this is Sigurd, our firefighter super hero. 

Sigurd:  Actually, the name's Captain Amazing!
Pippin:  No, your name's Sigurd.  It fits the theme and everything.
Sigurd:  No, Sigurd is my alter ego, like Superman, I don glasses and become some lame, normal guy.
Pippin:  But you never wear glasses...
Sigurd:  Exactly!  All Captain Amazing, all the time!
Pippin:  Anyway, Sigurd's traits are good, brave, athletic, handy, and a daredevil.
Sigurd:  That's right, ladies.  Captain Amazing is a daredevil!
Set:  I could kill him for you, Pippin.  I wouldn't even charge.

Pippin:  Thank you, Set, but that won't  be necessary.  Mostly because he's necessary to complete this nonsense.
Set:  Well, my part is not nonsense.  Evil's not going to manage itself.
Pippin:  Indeed.  The aspiring emperor of evil is, well, evil, as well as irresistible, a kleptomaniac, inappropriate, and a mooch.
Set:  Oh, Pippin, you flatterer.
Pippin:  No, those are just your traits.  And finally, we have Muse.

Pippin:  She's our descendant of DaVinci.  She's good, artistic, eccentric, excitable, and friendly.
Muse:  Sometimes I set fires to bring myself joy.
Pippin:  ...and so it begins...

Pippin:  The girls went to a random house to inflict themselves on the general populous.

Promethea:  You're so handsome, Jarad.
Javed:  Umm, my name's Javed.
Pippin:  Muse, are you sneaking into that poor man's house?
Muse:  He has a fireplace!
Pippin:  This can't go well.

Pippin:  Let's look away before this goes badly.

Muse:  Toasty on my tushy!
Pippin:  Too late.

Sigurd:  You're no match for Captain Amazing, puny weights!

Sigurd:  And Captain Amazing has a surprise twist for you, ringy bell thingy!
Pippin:  Your name is Sigurd, not Captain Amazing.

Set:  Good day, ma'am.  My family and I are new in town and I just wanted to come introduce myself.  I'm Set, and may I say, what a beautiful home you have. 
Diane:  Oh, how very sweet.  I'm Diane.  Won't you come in?
Set:  Well, if you insist.
Pippin:  Well, this is going to end badly for the Whitfield family.

Promethea:  You're so handsome, Jarad.  Like a yeti!
Javed:  Thanks, I guess.  And my name's really Javed.
Promethea:  Oh, Jarad, you kidder!
Pippin:  I wonder if Muse has burned down this poor man's house yet.

Pippin:  Oh, I guess she's actually being productive.
Muse:  I'm painting hopelessness...with sprinkles!
Pippin:  Okay, she might be the oddest one in this...

Sigurd:  Well, hello, lovely lady.  I'm Captain Amazing.
Sonoko:  I'm Sonoko.
Sigurd:  Sonoko?  Weird name...anyway, you aren't single, are you?
Sonoko:  (Giggles) No, I'm afraid I'm happily married.

Sigurd:  Well, I am a firefighter.
Sonoko:  What?!?!?  I guess we have...an open relationship.  Yeah, that's it!
Pippin:  (Sigh)  This can't end well.

Pippin:  And speaking of newfound relationships not ending well...
Promethea:  As the song says, "Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number, let's have a baby."
Pippin:  That's not what the song says!

Pippin:  Ugh.  Well, at least Set seems fairly level-headed.  Wait...

Pippin:  Oh no.  Tell me you didn't just ruin that poor woman's marriage?
Set:  Nope.

Set:  Just biding my time to get more resources for our poor family.  "Poor" literally.
Pippin:  Hmmm, I might not agree with your methods, but it's hard to argue against your results.  So, he and Promethea slept over with their new friends while Sigurd and Muse slept at the fire station.  This meant he woke up already at work and she woke up where there was...

Pippin:  I was going to say an easel, but apparently, she found something else.
Muse:  Teehee, Hi, heehee!
George:  Hi.  Haha.  Hi there.
Muse:  Heeheehee
George:  Heh heh.
Pippin:  (Sigh)

Sigurd:  There's trouble in our fair city.  This looks like a job for...Captain Amazing!!
Pippin:  Whose house could possibly be on fire?

Pippin:  Oh.  Of course it's Javed's house.
Sigurd:  I had expected more damsels in distress.
Pippin:  And later that day, a certain damsel was in distress in the bathroom of that same house...

Pippin:  Nooboo.
Promethea:  Yes, that's exactly the sound I was making.
Pippin:  But not everyone was making friends.

George:  Boo!  Evil people are...evil!
Set:  Muse, I think I may have to kill your gentleman friend.

Muse:  That's okay.  I've already painted him in a dress being swallowed by a rainbow monster of hopelessness...named Fluffy!
Pippin:  At this point, I'd like to offer a formal apology to the town of starlight Shores.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: The Four Better or Four Worse Challenge: The Story Begins
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 08:53:26 AM »
Such colourful characters, I love them all. Captain Amazing is amazingly good looking  ;) And I seem to have called you Pup instead of Pip, oops.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 11:39:07 AM »
Promethea:  As the song says, "Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number, let's have a baby."

Yeah, that's how it goes in the sims  ;D

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2015, 12:31:25 PM »
I love Starlight Shores and I'm quickly falling in love with your sims.
Thanks, I rather love them too.

Such colourful characters, I love them all. Captain Amazing is amazingly good looking  ;) And I seem to have called you Pup instead of Pip, oops.
Yeah, Pup instead of Pip.  That happens.  Captain Amazing is amazingly narcissistic, but I'm glad you enjoy him  ;=)

Yeah, that's how it goes in the sims  ;D
Yep, they have such short life spans anyway, and then you add a challenge's time limit babymaking becomes an Olympic event!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Four Better or Four Worse Challenge: Expanding the Influence
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2015, 01:31:51 PM »
Pippin:  So, it took some convincing, from my end rather than Muse's, but Set ended up not killing Muse's manfriend, which will prove to be convenient later.

Muse:  I'm painting him in a puffy, yellow dress...made from skin.
Pippin:  You terrify me.

Pippin:  Umm, why are you working at you inventing table, particularly with a blow torch, while you're pregnant?
Promethea:  Because pregnancy involves hard labor.
Pippin:  That's...not the kind of labor that goes with pregnancy...

Sigurd:  While the city slumbers, it also burns.  That's why Captain Amazing never sleeps!
Pippin:  Yes, actually, you do.
Sigurd:  It's an expression.
Pippin:  No, I don't think so.  And what are you doing?!?!?

Sigurd:  Fire starts from within the fire, so that's where you have to go to put it out.
Pippin:  I named you well, Sigurd.
Sigurd:  Captain Amazing!

Paul Best:  That was the most amazing thing I've ever seen!  I have a beautiful, single daughter, you know.
Pippin:  No!  She's a teen.  Not okay!

Set:  Hello, the aforementioned teen daughter of the Best family, may I come into your home?
Mandy:  Sure thing, dude.

Set:  Math time, kids.  Four cars,

Set:  take away three, makes what?

Pippin:  I know!  A nice, big house!
Set:  Correct.

Promethea:  I'm sparkling.  Is that normal?
Pippin:  Actually, yes.

Promethea:  I made a man!  Who's a girl!  I'll call her Aphrodite!  Because it's her name!  I'm making exclamations!

Sigurd:  Hmm, people seemed to like Promethea more after she was having a baby.  I think I should order a baby too.

Sigurd:  Hello, small child!  I, Captain Amazing, will be your new father.  Now smile for all the cameras.
Apollo:  Thank you for giving me a home and welcoming me into your family!
Sigurd:  Yeah, yeah, kid.  Photo shoot's over.  I've gotta get back to work.

Apollo:  Umm...bye?  Maybe he'd want to spend more time with me if I was athletic like him.

Pippin:  So, our household has grown, but they also have some significant connections outside of the household.

Maria:  Did you dye your hair?
Apollo:  Yeah, I wanted to look more like my dad.
Maria:  It's cute...I mean...nice...that is...not that you're cute...or not cute...
Apollo:  Thanks.  You're cute too.
Maria:  (Blushing)

Promethea:  She's sparkling.  I must have been contagious.  Sweet!
Pippin:  And so, Aphrodite ages up but doesn't get her imaginary friend.  Where will we ever come up with another child to fill the role I'd planned for the IF?

Pippin:  Oh.  Well.  I guess that would take care of it.

Pippin:  And it looks like things are going well in other areas too.
Set:  Eh, it's a good chance to meet more folks in my line of work.
Pippin:  You're such an optimist.

Promethea:  Fire in the soul!
Pippin:  No, it's "fire in the hole."
Promethea:  The whole what?
Pippin:  What?
Promethea:  Exactly!
Pippin:  Umm, shouldn't you be running into the shower?
Promethea:  I'll wait.  The bathroom's occupied.

Pippin:  So, even as our crazy family continues to grow, it also expands its impact in Starlight Shores.

Sigurd:  Well, I am a firefighter.
Layla:  Oh my gosh!  Really?!?!  Squeeeeee!!!
Pippin:  How does that even work?  She's also a firefighter!

Muse:  Sometimes I just stare up at the stars and ponder when I'll feel the sweet, tender release of death.
George:  Umm...that's adorable?
Pippin:  And yet again, my apologies to the residents of Starlight Shores.

Cristina

Re: The Four Better or Four Worse Challenge: Expanding the Influence
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2015, 01:43:33 PM »
 ;D I love this. It's so funny and I'm already getting attached to your sims, I can't even choose a favourite. Good luck!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2015, 03:05:46 PM »
Apollo is sweet, I like his way of thinking.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2015, 07:03:57 PM »
Very funny!  Thanks for the giggles  :D