Author Topic: Lighting the Path - A Life States Dynasty  (Read 23003 times)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Lighting the Path - A Life States Dynasty
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2015, 10:00:38 AM »
@Nettlejuice , I'm just happy she's left the love charms alone.

Time for cake! First Usher...

Then our sweet little Utah.

The children ate their cake and quickly planned their clothes and hair for their first day of school. It would be a busy one for Utah as she would have ballet straight after.
Her first day of ballet, Utah was offered an opportunity to try out for lead dancer. She of course won the role and was awarded a lttle ballet slipper sculpture.

Life was not just about requirements. There was time for play.

Sometimes it was about the whole family being in one room just enjoying each other's company. No one scorched, no one on fire.

And there was time to become best friends with one's favorite toy.

Presence: Okay Sweetie, just remember to actually walk through the door and you'll make the honor roll today.
Utah: Got it! You know, you don't actually have to follow me everywhere.
Presence: Yes I do.

Marty has passed on.
Presence: What have you learned, Iris Lumen.
Iris: That living forever is empty without the ones you love, but with the support of my family, I will go on.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2015, 06:46:58 AM »
I love that shot of everyone together, doesn't look chaotic at all.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2015, 09:55:33 AM »
@Nettlejuice , It was one of those times where everyone was free-range, no interference from me. You may have noticed that Oscar has joined the culinary career. One generation will have the nice fridge anyway.

Time for Usher's birthday.

After much foot stamping and complaining, everyone ate cake. By then they were all exhausted so Utah waited until morning for her celebration.

While Usher went to school, Utah went to the cemetery and signed-up for a job. She stayed and went on her first real hunt.
(Note: I carefully saved the collection challenges for my werewolf.)

With a little reminding, Utah always completed her homework. Snuggles was a bit distracting, though. She somehow found him oddly attractive.

Snuggles found Utah upsetting at times as well.

It was at about this time that Usher became a young adult and moved out with his mother to 442 Skyborough Blvd. His final traits were Artistic, Evil, Ambitious, Irresistible, and Charismatic. He got a job in business.

He did come back for frequent, prolonged visits.

On Saturday, Utah invited a babysitter friend from school over. Poor Duane Loyd never new what hit him. Utah had become quite Flirty. Well, this is a bit awkward.

And another heart is broken by a Lumen heir. Sorry, kid.

Utah drank Persia's potent bliss and left early for work everyday. She reached level 3 in her cemetery job sooner than expected. She quit work at once. No job that required you to be barefoot on a cold stone floor was worth keeping.

Besides, she had another career in mind.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2015, 11:37:13 AM »
Wow, Utah grew up pretty! She's the first sim I like for that hairstyle. Collection skills and nectar-making skills, good luck, girl, you are going to need it (but I'm sure Snuggles will help her through it in whatever capacity she decides)!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2015, 04:50:12 AM »
Oh, Snuggles, I bet he was afraid she'd shred him to pieces as a werewolf?

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2015, 10:39:42 AM »
@Malley, Except for the lack of shoes, she looks pretty cute, but inappropriate for her place of employment. Perhaps that's why she got heckled from time to time on the job by visitors.
@dontmindme , Collecting is easy for werewolves. She went out on the weekend as a child and got the basics and once her wolf skills were high enough, filling in the blanks was easy. I only planned on using 3 nectar skill challenges leaving Vizard of Vine off the table so not so scary.
@Nettlejuice , I always sent her outside to transform, of course, Snuggles just had to follow.

Everything was in place for Utah's next birthday. She gained the Gatherer trait (what?? something useful??) And decided becoming an Alchemy Artisan was her unenthusiastic best option.

After a quick trip to the mirror and dresser, she took a special potion to her special friend.

Not bad, but go change your clothes. They're scorching my retinas.
Snuggles Lumen: Sailor, Absent-Minded, Clumsy, Heavy Sleeper, Angler and he wants a perfect aquarium...we'll see (my kids always said that means forget about it). He has a level 5 in handiness and wants to be a scientist. Go for it, Snuggles.

The next day Utah graduated Valedictorian and was voted Most Popular. Snuggles graduated with Merit and was voted Most Likely to Burn Down Their Own House. Snuggles and Utah discussed it, and decided all the times she took him to school in her backpack must have counted as attendance.

Their relationship developed quickly.

Very quickly.

One more butterfly and you can lay off the hunting.
Utah: Good, when I transform I get my age up hair.

Utah and Snuggles enjoy fishing together. They're both tearing through the fishing levels.

Utah: How many bottles to go?
About 150 for your 500 wish. If you would just wish to marry Snuggles, you could quit now.
Utah: Apparently that's not going to happen. I'm Flirty.
Keep cranking then.

Just one more thing.
Utah: Hello, Derick Fitzpatrick, you elder witch you. You're my best friend whether you like it or not.
Derick: Okie Dokie.

Generation Six

Utah Lumen-Werewolf
Clumsy, Absent-Minded, Eccentric, Flirty, Gatherer  LTW - Alchemy Artisan (sorry probably not going to happen)

Toddler - Best Friends with both parents, learned all toddler skills plus Xylophone and Pegbox
Child - On the honor roll, completed the Quest for the Lead opportunity
Teen - On the honor roll, Level 3 Cemetery worker, Romantic Interest - Duane Loyd

Best Friend - Derick Fitzpatrick
Career Rewards - Nectar Maker's Symbol of Honor, Nectar Making Skill Certificate
Unique Opportunities - Fresh Fish, Funny Looking Fish, Fishing for Suits
Lifetime Rewards - Professional Slacker, Office Hero, Nerd Influence, Alpha Wolf
Unique 5K Wishes - Master Nectar Making Skill, Reach Level 10 Nectar Maker Career, Make Nectar Worth 250, Master Fishing Skill,
                             Make 500 Bottles of Nectar
Unique Skill Challenges - Gem Collector, Metal Collector, Mix Master, Butterfly Collector, Nectar Master, Flavorful Feet
Mausoleum Piece - Bottles of Nectar
Travel - 0 of 40 possible

Utah in the Mausoleum

Utah: I did everything you asked.
Presence: Well done, Utah Lumen. Time to get married and have a child.
Utah: Well, maybe not in that order.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2015, 01:52:36 PM »
I guess that did count as attendance for Snuggles, lol. Congrats on yet another heir! Six down, one to go!!  ;D

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2015, 05:38:14 PM »
@Malley, Things may not be so easy.

Utah and Snuggles tried for baby right away.

The next day Andrew insisted on telling Utah about the recipes he saw on "Cooking with Kelp".

Blurrgh

Maybe it wasn't the recipes.

Utah told Snuggles about the coming baby right away.

Snuggles wanted to get married immediately. He'd been wishing to for a long time. Utah went along to make him happy.

Soon the nooboo arrived. Meet Yuri Lumen who Loves the Outdoors and is a Heavy Sleeper. Too bad he's also a werewolf.

Aging up spam.
Child trait added - Easily Impressed

Teen trait - Can't Stand Art

YA trait added - None. I don't mean that the trait didn't stick. I mean that he wasn't even offered one. Time to shut down and clear caches. He did complete Living in the Lap of Luxury, got a job in business, and moved to 72 Water Lily Lane.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2015, 06:02:16 PM »
Isn't that always how things go in a life states dynasty? Instead of getting spares when there's plenty of room in the house, all of the spares are instead born in the later generations when there's no room  ::)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2015, 06:29:39 AM »
Congrats Utah! Oh, I hope you get an heir soon unlike poor Malley, lol.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2015, 12:00:48 PM »
@Malley @Nettlejuice , Thanks for reading and commenting. It keeps me motivated.

Later that day, with Utah's assistance, Snuggles completed his lifetime wish. Oscar seems awfully excited about it.

I guess he needs to find enjoyment where he can, as he puts up with a lot of this.

In the late evening, chimes once again rang out in the Lumen household.

Perhaps a midnight fishing date at the graveyard will bring luck.

While Utah was in labor, Snuggles was busy aging to Adult. Who needs a mid-life crisis when you have a sweet little bundle to cuddle.

Presenting Yvette Lumen, a Good, Clumsy Imaginary Friend!

Andrew took over and had her potty trained in no time.

It was Snuggles' day off so he used the time to teach Yvette to talk.
Snuggles: Amazingly enough, no one in this family has a bit of interest in athletics. Maybe you might.

They were best friends in no time.

Utah was already best friends with her daughter when she taught her to walk. All was in place for Yvette to become a child.

Adria has passed on.
Presence: Oscar Lumen, what have you learned.
Oscar: That sims as different as vampires and werewolves can find love and build a life together. And that I will always miss her.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2015, 02:15:10 PM »
Yvette is so cute! And yes, Nettlejuice is right, I totally understand about getting several spares at the most inopportune time. Lol

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2015, 06:51:23 PM »
I have a cousin called Yvette, as far as I know, her hair isn't blue, however and her parents aren't a werewolf and an imaginary friend. Your Yvette is very pretty.

How many of the spouses are still alive? Are there many/any of the spares still alive?

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2015, 05:22:01 AM »
Poor Oscar getting slapped and losing his love. Welcome Yvette, she's a cutie.