Author Topic: The Does of Dragon Valley  (Read 43467 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Does of Dragon Valley
« Reply #180 on: September 18, 2015, 04:55:01 PM »
John Doe is one creepy kid! Poor wee fellow. Lee and Cliff being babysat by the dragon, heh, wouldn't be a KRae story without that.  ;D
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #181 on: September 18, 2015, 06:56:50 PM »
It looks like the carpet is eating poor Lee!
I love the sounds of Marla and Mario's names together.  Also loved that Marla was hanging out by Leona's grave when she realized the next generation was coming into the picture.  She knows who's really in charge of the Doe clan  ;=)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #182 on: September 19, 2015, 01:13:14 PM »
@Playalot: John added Workaholic as a teen. Coco is apparently considered his half-sister and seems aware of his traits.
@PeregrineTook , I not sure who's in charge of the Doe clan, just that it doesn't seem to be me.

Marla’s marriage is not going well, but she and Mario have two wonderful children, and for that, she is grateful.  Keeping busy is not a problem.
Marla: I’m a vegetarian, and we never prepare anything with meat. It makes Mommy sick.
Lee: * Grumble*

Mario and Hannah keep busy, too.

Okay, Mario, it’s off to the park for you. While there, he reached level 10 in his acrobat career and decided to retire. Chloe and John helped him celebrate.

Soon little Cliff became a toddler. Welcome to the world of continuous betrayed moodlets, Cliff. Sorry, I’ve given up on your dad and grandma.

Whatever else may happen in their lives, the brothers have each other and they are already the best of friends. They are best friends with their mother, friends with Coco, neutral with Hannah, but their relationship with Mario is as far into dislike as possible.

The boys like to watch video games together and have little chats.
Yes, Lee, tomorrow is your birthday. How perceptive of you.

This is Lee as a child, undressed and ready for the waterslide. His traits are Loves the Outdoors, Perceptive, and Photographer’s Eye.

The next day was Lee’s first at school. He went home with some school mates to do homework. He was shocked at how peaceful it was there. Why, there weren’t any grownups around at all.

When he went home this is what he found.

The next day Coco became a young adult. Her traits are now Flirty, Genius, Hopeless Romantic, No Sense of Humor, and Friendly. She wants to be a Master Romancer. Fortunately she is not attracted to Mario at all. In fact, she dislikes him extremely.

Before going to Coco’s graduation the next day, Cliff had his child birthday. His traits are Good, Heavy Sleeper, and Shy. A little boring, but right now boring looks good.

After graduating, Coco ran into Augustine Baca outside the courthouse. She had no problem convincing him to go on a special tour of the judge’s chambers with her. So one down four to go and still in her graduation robes.

Back at home Marla had a midlife crisis wish to divorce Mario. It was time to yank off the bandaid. No more constant betrayed moodlets, just one wicked two day divorce moodlet.

At this point, Hannah is 95 and Mario is 87. For once I’m ready for one of them to die. Not Hannah so much, but Mario seems to prey on her and her insanity works against her.

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #183 on: September 19, 2015, 01:52:07 PM »
I like the way Cliff's eyes match his wings :). It seems odd that the boys don't dislike Hannah - but maybe they sense her insanity.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #184 on: September 19, 2015, 06:12:40 PM »
This family must be really crazy to play right now! Cliff's eyes are amazingly intense. As for Mario's constant flirting...well.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #185 on: September 20, 2015, 11:54:01 AM »
@Alex , Hannah has the Attractive reward and very high charisma with the Super-friendly and Everyone's Best Friend challenges completed. Those really do help a lot.
@Playalot , It's been crazy, but, when I finally let go, also a lot of fun.

Growing up with Marla and Mario’s marriage as her only reference, Coco was unsure if she could ever have a normal romantic relationship. She was definitely exploring her options. She went on a tour of the theater with Marion Perez. Backstage will never be the same.

The next day, Coco did a little more exploring with Jarod Brandt at the local nectary.

Mario and Hannah were still carrying on, but the family had stopped caring.

Just moments after that picture, Grim came for Hannah, age 96. I hope there are tiny plants wherever he takes you.

The young folk were particularly devastated by Hannah’s death. Marla spent long hours at the theater working hard as a classical musician, and Mario, well Mario was off at parties and dates most of the time. He picked up a black dragon somewhere and never needed to sleep.

Life goes on and so does exploring. Coco took Orlando Frederick on a tour of the science facility where they put the test chamber to the test. He seemed awfully happy still even after Coco asked to just be friends.

Coco convinced Kristian Elam to visit the Doe house and decided they both needed a shower. And so, Coco’s lifetime wish was completed. Kristian seemed to be a genuinely nice guy and stuck around to use the rocker and help celebrate Lee’s teen birthday.

Lee seems to be a male version of his mother. He gained the Unflirty trait to go with Loves the Outdoors, Perceptive, and Photographer’s Eye. Unflirty makes total sense.

Mario came home for his meeting with Grim.  As a fairy he’d had a long life of flirting and partying and was ready to go. The family was saddened, even though no one liked him. Not one bit.

Three days after Lee, Cliff became a teen. His traits are Good, Heavy Sleeper, Shy, and Workaholic. Other than his coloring, he looks a lot like his brother.

And through it all, Leona rocks and smiles.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #186 on: September 20, 2015, 01:10:14 PM »
Lee and Cliff both look good as teens (and with good traits!)

How many generations is that now?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #187 on: September 20, 2015, 03:46:12 PM »
lol Can't help but feel a little sad for Mario that no one liked him, even though he brought it on himself!!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #188 on: September 20, 2015, 10:58:24 PM »
@hazelnut , Lee and Cliff are generation 8. It's going to be difficult to chose an heir. Lifetime wishes will probably be the decider.
@Playalot , Unbelievably, Hannah seemed to be the most forgiving.

The boys hadn’t really given too much thought about what they wanted to with their lives. Lee mostly liked fishing in his swim trunks, well actually doing pretty much everything in his swim trunks.

Cliff tried out the science station, but quit before accomplishing much. Maybe the ancestors intimidated him.

Mostly they enjoyed ping pong and the waterslide.

Marla reached the top of her music career and brought home a new stereo.
Yes, Marla, Mario would have loved dancing to it.

Then one day Lee’s doll indicated that it would like to come out and play. Coco had given him a special potion, so he tossed it at the suddenly life-size doll.

The newly real girl is named Hesper. Her traits are Bookworm, Clumsy, Never Nude, and Snob. Not bad for an IF.

That worked out so well for his brother that Cliff decided to try it too.

Cliff's new friend is named Fluffs, and her traits are Snob, Charismatic, Inappropriate, and Irresistible…could be worse.
Quite suddenly there were 4 teens in the house.

Cliff may be shy, but he wasted no time in asking Fluffs to prom. She agreed, but asked him to make sure she actually showed up.

Hesper and Lee took a break from the waterslide long enough to agree to go to prom together.

Well, all four made it to prom just barely. Fluff’s got distracted by Marla and her guitar and did need to be reminded to get in the limo. Maybe that’s why she didn’t wear her formal dress.
There was chicken dancing, punch fetching, and first kisses. Lee was voted prom king, but no prom queen was announced.

Three out of four made it home safely. King Lee, however, was nabbed by the police for breaking curfew. Marla grounded him for about 5 seconds, before letting him off the hook.

What’s that, do I hear ghostly laughter?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #189 on: September 21, 2015, 01:37:40 AM »
Those IF's really come in handy...when they're not hanging out at the cemetery! ;)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2015, 04:27:42 PM »
Not too bad of traits for your IF's  :D Certainly could be worse.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #191 on: September 22, 2015, 10:34:39 AM »
@Playalot , The cemetery's getting a wee bit crowded anyway. These girls are way less creepy.
@Malley , At this point anything besides mean-spirited looks good.

This is pretty much about burglars and birthdays.
So yes, burglar lady, sneak past the expensive cars to the front door just to make sure you trigger the alarm.

This was a tough burglar who beat the cop. Of course the cop stopped to explain to Marla that the burglar got away this time while Lee fought her and lost three times. Apparently the alarm doesn’t shut off until the burglar leaves the property. Coco seemed to be enjoying herself.

Then it was Marla’s turn. I was beginning to think this would go on until daylight, when on her third try, Marla finally beat her. The cop had left at this point. The only one who got fully rested that night was heavy sleeping Cliff.

Cliff and Fluffs are a very affectionate couple. Cliff seeks her out a lot, usually finding her near the magic mirror.  The only problem is that they block the mirror, and Hesper is also a mirror addict.

Marla aged up to elder, and was not jazzed about it.
I’m not going to say we can fix it, Dear, but we can make it better.

See?

The next day was Lee’s young adult birthday. His traits are Loves the Outdoors, Perceptive, Photographer’s Eye, Unflirty, and Brooding. His lifetime wish choices were Master of Mysticism (already used), World Class Gallery (requires travel – not going to happen at this point), Grand Explorer (can’t move to Isla Paradiso – what triggered that?), and Pervasive Private Eye. So that’s his LTW. Lee, I think you just sealed your fate.

As Lee ages, so does Hesper. Her traits are Bookworm, Clumsy, Never Nude, Snob, and Schmoozer. Her lifetime wish – Bottomless Nectar Cellar, which auto-completed thanks to an ancestor’s efforts (who was that?). Unless she produces the next heir, it won’t count, but at least she’s Hardly Hungry now.

Somewhere in here, Coco aged to Adult, unphotographed.

In a few days it was Cliff’s turn. He’d been sitting on The Perfect Garden lifetime wish for a few days, but so far only had a lettuce plant. There’s a lot of perfect produce in storage. His traits are Good, Heavy Sleeper, Shy, Workaholic, and Hopeless Romantic. We have our heir. He’s joined the gardening career.

It was Fluffs’ birthday too. Her traits are Snob, Charismatic, Inappropriate, Irresistible, and Handy. Her lifetime wish is Super Popular which can be completed quickly. She’s also joining the gardening career to benefit from Cliff’s hard work.

The game delayed Lee and Hesper’s graduation by three days so that all four graduated together. Thank you!

Fluffs asked Cliff to forsake the Fae. I’m going to miss those wings, but no long-lived heirs for me.

Lee and Hesper moved out to a cute little house close by. Hesper’s got a job in business, and I’m sure we’ll see Lee around town not working on cases (he was a level 4 PI on moving day).

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #192 on: September 22, 2015, 03:22:19 PM »
Fluffs and Cliff are s cute together, I'm quite pleased he's the next heir.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #193 on: September 23, 2015, 10:43:15 AM »
@Playalot , They make a wonderful couple and I hope her hair color is passed down.

That same night, even though it was dark, Cliff went out to plant several different kinds of perfect produce and a bunch of red berry beans.

After a good night’s sleep, Fluffs went out to meet the town. This fairy police officer was her 25th acquaintance. Her talks with the magic mirror have really paid off.

The next day, Hannah made stops around town, befriending everyone she met. Olga was her 18th friend.  While talking to Olga, Hannah telepathically learned that Cliff had completed his lifetime wish.

She’d been to the park, the nectary, and the library. Where else could she go to meet new instant friends? The Salon! She made two new friends there, but 20 were not quite enough. She made a quick phone call to an almost friend and completed her lifetime wish. Both Cliff and Fluffs still were only 18 days to adult.

Note: I don’t know about anyone else, but in my game the 20 friends doesn’t register until the 21st friend. It’s the same with perfect garden. It always requires one extra.

Fluffs and Cliff worked the garden together now.

They, in fact, did a lot together.

Fluffs wanted to make even more friends. The next day out at the park, Fluffs realized that sometimes there are consequences to all that togetherness. Lee was there for the happy news.
No new blond friend, were talking nooboo, not ghost.

When Coco heard the news, she rushed down to the basement lab.
Meet Cole, our latest and last C-Leona. She is a Hopeless Romantic and Friendly.

Coco called her old, were talking really old, romantic interest Kristian Elam, over for a visit.
Coco: Woopie, I’m getting married!
Kristian: *Hehe, she thinks I own a house.*
Which he did not.

They moved out as soon as the family bought them this little place.

Marla was happier than she’d been in a long time. With a grandchild on the way and a tiny clone to snuggle, life was good.

Cliff and Fluffs made her even happier by getting married, next to their friend the magic mirror, of course.

The next day there was guitar strumming, dancing, floorbooing, and child birthing. Just another day at the Doe house. *what do you mean, Word, floorbooing isn’t a word?*

Added to the floorboo array, we have Armon Doe, Brave and Eccentric. Good work on those traits tiny tots. Generation 9 is underway.

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #194 on: September 23, 2015, 02:52:26 PM »
Note: I don’t know about anyone else, but in my game the 20 friends doesn’t register until the 21st friend. It’s the same with perfect garden. It always requires one extra.

How odd ??? It works as intended for me (unless some of the friends are also family members, in which case it's a bit variable) - but there's usually a bit of a gap before the wish registers.

Also, I love Fluffs' hair style (and colour) - it really suits her face.