Author Topic: Divine Deception -- S4E24: Series Finale  (Read 76870 times)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: Divine Deception -- Episode Two: Code Twinsr2cute
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2015, 12:18:42 AM »
O_O
Wow that is blackmail... He's blackmailing her into becoming an assassin O_O tell him to shove his money where it hurts and give it back to him! And then go destroy Vita XD

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Katala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2015, 12:34:44 AM »
When someone doesn't want to get the job done and you blackmail that person, it won't always get the job done.

Also, please ask Marlie what they did with the hotdogs ;)
"Two paths diverged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled...And it hurt man! Rocks! Thorns! Glass! Not cool Robert Frost, not cool."
- Kid President

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline experience

• Occult
  • If you pity a snake, you're bound to get bitten.
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2015, 10:09:49 AM »
O_O
Wow that is blackmail... He's blackmailing her into becoming an assassin O_O tell him to shove his money where it hurts and give it back to him! And then go destroy Vita XD

And it's just the beginning. I think Sadie better get to business because who knows what else Peters has in store for her.

When someone doesn't want to get the job done and you blackmail that person, it won't always get the job done.

Also, please ask Marlie what they did with the hotdogs ;)

This is very true. You can only push someone so far before they lose control, as Sadie said in the first chapter.
And about the hot dogs: That would have been such a good little trinket to have in this episode! Why didn't I think of that? Going over to the Stixs and having hot dogs for dinner, or better yet, breakfast. Man! Missed opportunity.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2015, 12:16:10 PM »
Yeah if he's willing to hire an assassin, what is he willing to do to said assassin once the hit has been completed?!?
Honour amongst thieves doesn't exist!

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2015, 03:32:47 PM »
That's a great observation, Magpie. I didn't even think about the repercussions of the phone call between them. I will handle them in the upcoming episodes. Thank you!

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
Re: Divine Deception -- Episode Three: Leisure Day
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2015, 08:44:38 PM »
Divine Deception
"Leisure Day"

I can't help but stare at the blue skies above me and the few clouds that slip by with the summer breeze. It's a perfect day, this Leisure Day, with the sun shining. Deep inside of me, however, it feels strangely contradicting. Black energies, dark shadows and a deepening sense that my insides are in the middle of creating their own summer storm. While it may seem short, I always thought summer storms could be the most violent of them all.

"I want her to suffer and him dead."
I haven't slept. I haven't eaten much since I last spoke with Mr. Peters and his demand for the Alto's end. I usually know where I am going after my clients speak with me, yet ever since Peters shined some light in my dark, little corner, I've become blind from it. Where do I go from here? He wants me to kill a man I have never seen. Would it make any difference if I knew who I was after? I wonder as my head continues to spin.

"Heads up!" One of the guests says as she attempts diving in the pool with me. Her voice jolts me back to reality and I finally remember where I am. It's Leisure Day and Gobias decided it would be fun to host a pool party. Friends from all over town travel to the backyard of this small piece of property to celebrate a day where we are supposed to not find shame in doing absolutely nothing. I am trying, really I am, but Peters had made it difficult. I should have given him his money back, told him to hit the road, but I signed a contract. He could sue. He could expose me. Heck, knowing what he does, I don't know what he couldn't do to me if I pushed him far enough. I can't keep thinking about this, I say to myself as I pull out of the pool. I'm going to drive myself mad.

I grab a bite to eat, the nearest thing I could find. Lobster. Somebody is bringing high-class food to a potluck. When I look at my burnt waffles, I have to shake my head at myself. One of these days I am going to make a better meal. It's the only thing I can cook. I should be a pro at it by now. Yet, here we are.

"Not too bad, huh?" A serene voice appears behind me as I take another mouthful. When I look over my shoulder I see Vita standing there, hands on her hips.

"Vita, you made it!"

Gobias was kind enough to let me bring one person on my own list of friends to come to the party. I had called her earlier this afternoon. It was very late minute, but so was the party as a whole. Vita had said that she didn't know if she could show because of something that had to do with her daughter. Daughter? Until then, I hadn't heard of a daughter in this family. One thing after another. It's not until I look down at Vita's bathing suit that I realize that I've been left out of a lot of information. A lot of valuable information.

"You're pregnant," I half-assume, half-ask. When I'd seen her last at the Summer Festival, I hadn't noticed her baby belly. It was hidden under that ugly coat she'd been wearing. Obviously that coat was able to hide plenty because she looks about ready to pop.

"I--" Vita tries to speak before she grabs for her stomach. "It's coming."

I laugh at what I believe to be her joking. "Very funny."

"I'm not joking, Sadie," she snaps. "I need to get to the hospital. Can somebody take me to the hospital?" She's asking the group of thirty people and not one of them turns to give her any attention. Gobias is more interesting in himself, shocking, and everybody else turns and looks away. These people have more money than brains, could have her at the hospital in a snap of the fingers at the rate their expensive cars move, but none of them budge.

"Let's go," I say to her as I help her through the crowd and out the front door. I get her into my car and I start it up as fast as I can.

To say my car gets her there in the nick of time is a bit of an understatement. For a beat up old thing (not her, the car), we make it to the hospital nonetheless. I get her inside and the only thing left to do is wait.

It's strange. I had always believed that I would meet my targets when I decided the time is right. When I have snuck up on them when they don't think I am looking. But to have them walk straight into my sights without me having to plan a thing... I can't say I hate it.

He argues with the secretary to see his wife, telling her that "She's the pregnant one!" when the secretary asks who his wife is. The first thing I notice is that he must believe the whole world revolves around him. That or he really isn't that bright. He's the top criminal in the town so I have to go with the former. He's not exactly what I've been expecting. Heavy set, muscular but in a chubby kind of way. His hair is slicked back in what looks like a container worth of grease and his face was shockingly slim. I admit, I had been expecting a landslide of fat to jiggle from his chin to chest. He's out of sight before I can take in anything more.

Two hours later and the family of three are walking out of the hospital and into the waiting taxi that I called for them. Vita looks exhausted, but she thanks me and introduces me to her husband. Into the palm of my hand he goes. Now I have a name, a face and as I help them into the taxi, I snatch his wallet without him noticing. Now I have everything.

When I get back to the party, there is only one person left. He's been calling taxis for all of the polluted partiers since Gobias past out right after I left with Vita. Surprise.

"That is really nice of you," I say to him as he helps the redhead from earlier into the taxi.

He sighs. "Somebody has to in this town or else nobody would get home... They'll get stuck somewhere out of reach."

"We've all been there. I'm Sadie." I raise my hand.

He takes it and gives it a firm squeeze. "Vic."

Vic. His full name is Victor Solomon, but Vic is simple and I take simple over anything these days if I can. He tells me that he usually comes to Gobias's parties to help the management of getting everybody home afterwards. That and the free food. Simple, kind and cheap. Even so, I don't care. He is the first person, other than the twins, that has a soft gaze... One that isn't scrutinizing my every flaw. I can't say he isn't nice to look at either.

We spend the rest of the night swimming and talking about things I haven't talked about in years. Favourite colours. Favourite movies. Where I went to university and so on. It's strange. He wants to know about me, not talk about himself all day long just for the sake of hearing himself. When he leaves, he jots down his number and tells me to call him sometime. I don't know what to say so I just smile at him and watch him get into his car and drive off into the darkness. A different darkness that I had forgotten was taking my insides over earlier that day.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2015, 11:16:43 PM »
OMG! That was... Vita, pregnant O_O I keep forgetting she's not a geriatric elder yet! I wonder what they named the baby...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2015, 10:01:23 AM »
Yeah, you're telling me. You should have seen how surprised I was when I received the ingame message about how Vita and Nick were expecting. Nraas's Story Progression really catches me off guard sometimes. It's all good, though. It's made for some really good twists, now and especially for the future of Divine Deception.  :o

Offline Katala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2015, 11:49:13 PM »
I wonder if Vic is all that he seems...  ???

And a baby!? I also wonder what her name is
"Two paths diverged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled...And it hurt man! Rocks! Thorns! Glass! Not cool Robert Frost, not cool."
- Kid President

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2015, 06:42:47 PM »
I think Vic is one of the nicest sims I've made... I don't make pretty sims often, but when I do it's a big moment for everybody lol.

The child will make a reappearance, promise! With a name too!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2015, 12:20:20 PM »
Story Progression is a funny thing. Glad to see you can use it to your advantage, though!

Sad to say, I usually find myself unable to trust the sudden handsome male characters in stories. Sorry Vic!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2015, 09:34:13 PM »
It's a good thing I don't like over-creating stories. Meaning, I don't force my characters to do something for the story's sake. I just let them go on their merry way and do their thing. If I did, I'm sure I would be getting rid of SP because of how much is does out of the player's control. SP is so much fun, though. You never know what's going to happen next! :D

We'll have to see what happens to Vic. I don't even know.  :P

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
Re: Divine Deception -- Episode Four: Coffin Nail
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2015, 09:52:25 PM »
Divine Deception
"Coffin Nail"

The sound of water. It's one of the few things that helps me organize my thoughts, takes me to a place of tranquility. I used to come to this very beach often with my parents when I was a little girl. We'd spend hours here building castles in the sand, playing in the water and even digging small tunnels that connected to each other so it was like my own little water system. The water would drain back into the ocean, but I was persistent. My father would help me lug another bucket to the top of the tunnels where we would dump it and watch the shapeless liquid run through the maze built by my own hands. My mother would watch on the side lines, laughing as she peeked over the thick book she was reading. The salt in the air. It's as if I'm six years old again right now.

The sound of my phone going off snaps me from my thoughts. I see the name. I know who it is and for that exact reason I have mixed thoughts about answering. It's my client, Mr. Peters, and the last time we spoke he left me rather speechless. That doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's like a punch to my stomach. It's shocking a first and then dissolves into a dull ache. He ordered me to kill a man and that's not something I offer up. With destruction the party that has been affected will live on suffering, trying to replenish a hole in themselves that will never seem filled. To kill someone would mean to end them right then and there. They'll feel nothing. To me, it's useless. Seeing Peter's name now makes that pain reappear.

"Mr. Peters," I say when I finally click the accept button on my phone. There's a pause and I wonder for a moment if he hung up. I'm not so lucky.

"Ah, Sadie, I got your message from yesterday. You said you had something to tell me?"

"Yes," I answer as I build as much confidence as I can muster. "I just wanted to let you know that when I get home, I am refunding the amount of money you sent me."

"Oh, how come?" He asks a little too innocently. "Is something the matter?"

I look around the beach to make sure nobody is around me. "I am sorry, Mr. Peters, but I can't go through with what you've asked me to do. I can't kill someone."

"Oh." The line goes dead for a moment. "I thought we spoke about this the other day?"

"And it's all I have thought about since--"

"Do you want more money? I can have another cheque sent to you by tomorrow morning if that is the problem."

I can't help but notice how simply he speaks about the matter of the death of another person. It's as if he has hired me to remove a raccoon from his attic. "No, the money is not the issue."

He sighs heavily on the other end of the line. "Sadie, we've been over this. The Altos have done some very bad things. They have hurt lot of families."

"And I am sorry to say this, but those families are going to have to deal with it."

"That's precisely why I came to you!" He loses his cool but regains it quickly. "Your parents would have wanted you to do this."

Two things make me laugh. One is that fact that he believes somebody's parents would want their child to kill for them. I know I deal with some mentals, but the more I deal with Peters, the more I realize he has tipped past the point of complete lunatic. The second is the reality that he actually brought my parents into this conversation.

"Don't you dare bring my parents into this," I spit, not caring about Peters. He's no longer a client. He's a nuisance.

"Your parents would have wanted--"

I cut him off. "My parents didn't know what they wanted. They thought they wanted a child before they dropped off the face of the earth. Couldn't give me a word of what was going on, but they had no problem taking all the family funds. They just tucked me into bed that night and I never saw them again. So, please, keep the family card in your pocket." My face is burning and my tranquility has turned into huffing and puffing.

Peters finally returns. "Sadie, I know this is hard for you to understand, but please believe me when I say I have your best wishes at heart."

I ignore him. "How do you even know my parents?"

"We worked together until Vita Alto's husband burned us all," he answers. He then tells me about where they worked and how supposedly my parents were attacked. I shove it to the back of my brain to think about when I feel like it. "I know you don't believe me, it's a crazy story, but if you need proof, you can get it."

"How?"

"You said in your message that you were able to get Vita's husband's wallet?" He continues without waiting for my reply. "I'm sure he has a business card in there somewhere. Use it to find his workplace. You don't have to go in, but I can assure you that you will find what you are looking for there."

"I'll see," I say to him, not suggesting if I will check it out or not.

"You'll go," he chuckles. "You're as stubborn as your father and as nosy as you mother."

I don't laugh. I hang up. That's not to say I can't get what he's said out of my head. So I stand there, looking across the water's surface, doing all I can to ignore the words Peters spoke. I can't. Without hesitation, I have Nick's wallet in my hands and I am searching for anything that can lead me to his workplace. Business card, brochure, even a scrape piece of paper with directions will do. I get something better, though. A key card with an address imprinted along the edge. I head there straight away.

It's not a long hike from Gobias's house so I decided to jog there. Jogging has become therapeutic to the point where, like the waves at the beach, it can help organize my thoughts. I've got nothing to do on my way there, so I go over what Peters said about my parents.

Supposedly my parents didn't desert me when I was six years old like I had believed. When I had woken one Sunday morning, they weren't there. Our house had been abandoned, what else was I to think? From what Peters said, he, my mother and father and Nick Alto had all worked together at the Science Lab. They had all been great friends too, until one of their experiments went wrong and took seven lives. Nick betrayed them by pinning the blame on my parents. So my parents ran off. My parents leaving me in the middle of the night was supposed to be seen as an act of love and sacrifice. To give me a chance to live without being hunted. I don't know what I think about this news. Is it real or not?

I make it to the address a half an hour later. It's an old shack of a building. Broken windows line the walls, the wood trims destroyed by bad weather. The grass is over grown in the front, but as I venture through it and around the back, I am shocked at what I find.

A fingerprint scanner and a place to swipe the key card I stole from Nick. Peters said that I wouldn't need to go inside to find what I am looking for so I go for the first thing that comes to my mind.

The bins on any lot will always give me answers to my questions. They are usually always the first things I check when I take on a new client. There's a lot of junk on the top, almost like it is disguising whatever's underneath. Once they are out of the way, I find files, some dating all the way back to the nineties. Peters said that Nick was the top criminal in Sunset Valley. Nick's business could hack into computer terminals, aid in a robbery, be hired as a getaway car. Heck, from some of the files that I read, he'd been hired for assassination. Peters wasn't lying when he said that the Altos had hurt a lot of families.

It isn't until I see her file that it feels like the world around me stops and all I can hear is the sound of my own heart. It's my mother. I remember her and I know that the black and white photo attached to the file is of her. She's smiling to somebody out of sight. Those dimples. They're the same ones I had seen when she'd look over her book when my father and I were playing in the sand. I look at the big, red letters under the photo. My heart starts to quicken and then it feels as if somebody's squeezing it with their bare hands. TERMINATED.

Well, I think as I climb out of the trash bin. The temperature has fallen and it has started to rain. That puts the nail in the coffin. For so many years I had blamed my parents for leaving me when in reality, they didn't have much choice. I hate myself for thinking so narrowly, but yet I have enough sense to push my emotions under the surface again. The Altos will pay.

Offline Katala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2015, 12:13:27 AM »
Poor Sadie, how did you manage to take care of yourself since you were six?

Has it occurred to her that Peters put he mother's file there for her to find ?
- Kid President

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2015, 10:03:45 AM »
It is quite possible Peters did just that. I guess we'll have to see how far Sadie's willing to go to find out. Or will she be blinded by hatred? The thing is, it wasn't only her mother's file she found. She actually got proof that Nick had hurt many families, just like Peters had said. Personally, I think seeing her mother's file there was just the icing on the cake. :)