Author Topic: Divine Deception -- S4E24: Series Finale  (Read 77949 times)

Offline experience

• Occult
  • If you pity a snake, you're bound to get bitten.
    • Nolan M Cruz
Re: Divine Deception -- Episode Twelve: Cold Feet
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2015, 08:23:42 PM »
Divine Deception
"Cold Feet"

Rainbow. It's seven letters, one for each of its colours. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. Each one merges into one another like a family member who embraces a child during a summer storm. The stunning band of seven colours stretches far beyond the eyes can see, and supposedly, if one is ever capable of meeting the rainbow's end, a pot of gold waits to be captured. I never believed in that. It's what an optimist sees. A light in a dark tunnel, to keep them moving during a rainy day. That there is always good in the worst of situations. To me, a rainbow is as simple as water meeting light. Logical, realistic and straight to the point. Then again, I've been rather pessimistic lately and I haven't seen light for a very long time.

It doesn't help that Nick didn't decide to come home last night. I've been calling him all morning and afternoon and he refuses to answer my calls, his voicemail is full and if I hear that automatic voice tell me to leave a message after the beep again, I just might lose my head and toss my cellphone across the lawn. I hang up instead.

"Is something the matter, dear?"
Just the sound of Vita's voice gets the current under my skin bubbling. It's not so much that she speaks but how. Her soft tone and phony attempt at concern. She doesn't care, she's made that blatantly obvious, and I don't blame her, but the way she's able to stick the knife in and give it a good twist makes my nails bite my palms so much that I have to be careful not to draw blood.

I turn around to face her. "Nothing I can't handle."

Vita makes a noise that transports her disbelief into the air. "I couldn't help but notice that Nick didn't come home last night. Hopefully he isn't getting cold feet." I catch her gaze. Before I can reply, Vita's speaking again. "I mean, it's so close to the wedding. To back out now would be... devastating."

"I wouldn't have thought you'd care."

"Well, I would hate to waste my time if such things were being planned before the big day." She pulls out an envelope from her pocket and drops it at my feet. "My RSVP. Hopefully your wedding day will give me some answers."

I squint at her, taking in her relish. "Answers? Such as?"

"Like who you are, where you came from..." She pauses, looks me up and down as if scrutinizing my every flaw and finally says, "and why the hell you are still here."

By the time I make it to my party, Nick still hasn't made contact with me. I am starting to get worried and have started checking my phone every few seconds just in case I miss him. It's not like Vita's great words of wisdom stick tick at the back of my head like a clock that's stuck in time. I hadn't realized it until now, for the amount of people I come in contact with every day, I have never felt so alone in my life. While I could never tell Nick about what I've been hired to do, I can't say I've never thought about it. I just need somebody to talk with. My normal assignments take little time, a month at most. My emotions were able to stay in check until the mission came to its end. Now, it's different. This mission has almost lasted a year, twelve times my longest and the destruction I have been inflicting on this family has started to splash back at me to the point where I just want to call it quits.

I can't say I haven't considered it. Peters wouldn't be happy, though I am sure I would be able to make amends. But I would still have two problems left. First, I wouldn't be able to avenge my parents and I have gotten myself so close to the Altos that to break from their grasp would be as hard if not harder than getting involved in the first place. My name is intertwined with theirs. My image has been tacked onto Nick's side... To disappear would leave too many loose ends.

Maybe one day I will be able to speak to one of these ladies openly. Tell them how much I just want to leave Vita alone to swallow her venom and that the life of a Destroyer has broken me so much that I don't want to be a part of it anymore. But for now, I take a deep breath and forget it. Right now, I can't do anything other than have a good time...

Like Judy. She seems to be enjoying herself quite a bit.

I grab a bottle of wine and spray Rayne as she tries to make a toast about my last night before marriage.

Everybody makes their way to the hot tub outside. Marley and a few begin to dance and Judy keeps taking drink after drink. For an older woman, she can really hold her own. After drink, after drink, after drink...

after drink, I come to the conclusion that I don't think Judy's gone out in a very long time.

By two in the morning, she's out like a light and I have had enough. I head up to my room.

I didn't notice it when I first arrived, but the bathroom hadn't been cleaned. Hand prints smear the mirror's surface, pieces of toilet paper litter the floor and I don't even want to describe what I see in the toilet. Right then, my cell phone goes off. I bring it to my ear.

"Nick?" I say with excitement, both that he returned my call and that he didn't get cold feet like Vita had suggested. I know that it seems wasteful to listen to Vita, but as much as I hate to admit it, the woman was able to get into my head.

"Yeah, honey, you called me?" Nick's tone is halfhearted to the point where it almost seems like he's being flippant.

"Hours ago, where have you been?"

"I'm at the art gallery," he answers. "It's my bachelor party."

I can imagine what that party would be like. I keep my thoughts to myself, though. I know I am letting Nick's carelessness get at me. "Sure, and I am at mine too, yet I still found time to try and get a hold of you. Where were you this morning or last night?"

Nick sighs. "I got taken in."

"What?"

"The police wanted to ask our employees some questions. This is a normal thing, don't you worry about it."

"This is normal?" I can feel my fists tightening again. "I shouldn't worry about it? What if something happened to you? Something worse than being questioned?"

"I don't get why you're mad." It's probably the most thoughtful thing Nick has said yet. Darn right I'm mad. The fact that he understands that and not why is what aggravates me the most. That he can't comprehend what is wrong with his disappearance act and why it would affect me. Am I mad? Simply put, yes.

"You don't get why I'm mad? You don't get why on the eve of our wedding day you don't see that your disappearance could mean a number of things?" I snort inwardly. "If you could have heard Vita this morning, telling me how you could have gotten cold feet and some senses."

"You know that she's just trying to tear us apart--"

"And I believed her." I pause to catch my breath. "I thought you left."

Nick exhales deeply. "Sadie, listen to me. Don't, for a minute, listen to one word my ex-wife says. She's manipulative and will do anything to pull anyone down to her level of hatred. And I am not leaving. You and I are destined to marry tomorrow and we will be husband and wife no matter what that woman says or does. I'm sorry, but I thought you knew."

I don't know what Nick's referencing what he suggests that I knew: Vita or him and I. I decide not to question it. "I need to get some sleep," I say.

"Okay. Well, I hope to see you at the altar tomorrow evening. I love you."

Tears sting my sinuses. "I love you too." I hang up without another word and get ready for bed.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2015, 05:21:15 AM »
So... one more sleep til the big day.  I do wonder how that is going to pan out.  Run Sadie, run far, run fast!
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2016, 12:27:11 PM »
So... one more sleep til the big day.  I do wonder how that is going to pan out.  Run Sadie, run far, run fast!

Hahaha! I don't know why, but this made me laugh hard.

There are only two more episodes until the big season finale!

Offline Katala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2016, 11:47:26 PM »
Poor Sadie, but will she have the power to destroy Nick if she has fallen in love with him?
"Two paths diverged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled...And it hurt man! Rocks! Thorns! Glass! Not cool Robert Frost, not cool."
- Kid President

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2016, 09:19:06 PM »
Answers only breed more questions...

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
Re: Divine Deception -- Episode Thirteen: Slipping Between Knots
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2016, 07:06:17 PM »
Divine Deception
"Slipping Between Knots"

As I stand looking myself in the mirror in front of me, I can't help but go over my vows over and over again. I hadn't thought this day would come. The day that all of the attention is on me. When I am supposed to feel like a princess, my dress demanding everybody's attention while the engagement I agreed to months ago encourages me toward the altar. Tears sting the back of my eyes and my heart has been hammering against my breast bone all night and all day. Nick and my engagement was a commitment, though the alter hardly seems like the ending phase to a life full of love and happily ever after. It's the gateway to a battlefield. One that I must fully commit to my enemies on until death do us part.

Our guests started to arrive little less than an hour ago. Cars fill the parking lots and if I sit by the west window, I can watch as everybody comes in. I reserved the honeymoon suite The Wedding Place offered with my rental of the facility. It's a bed and bath, decorated for the newlyweds to stay over after the party. Warm colours surround the room. Reds and pinks. Plush rugs and silk sheets. All of it gives off the ambiance of Valentines Day. I headed over this morning after I left the Sunset Motel. I had left Nick to stay at the manor with Vita. It's my wedding day and the last person I want to stay in close quarters with is that woman.

Seeing them downstairs confirms that I made the right decision. I can only imagine what the night had offered them. While I can't be one hundred percent sure, something tells me their scene below is tame in comparison. To be completely honest, I am shocked Vita chose to come this evening. When she dropped her RSVP at my feet yesterday telling me she would be attending, I was sure it was a strange attempt at being snide. Seeing her now... I don't know what I feel. Am I happy she came? Surely seeing Nick and I committing to one another will hurt her undeniably. Of course, that is if she believes we will commit at all.

A sudden knock pulls me from my thoughts and as I turn, I catch his unwavering gaze immediately. It's not Nick. His deep blue eyes look me up and down, his black hair catching a shine from the bright florescent up above. He's dressed in a charcoal grey suit, a crimson dress shirt underneath, one that I find strangely out of place. Actually his whole being feels out of place especially since I didn't even think the man in front of me was invited. 

"Vic?" My eyebrows knit together with confusion and I step toward him.

"So it's true." His eyes drop from me and he chuckles at himself. "I didn't believe it when I first heard about your engagement."

I am reminded of the last time I spoke with him. When he asked me out and I turned him down, telling him a bogus story about how I had just gotten out of a bad relationship. Now, here I am with a ring around my finger and the man who gave it to me waits at the altar. I never wanted to turn down Vic. I just didn't want him involved in this. In any of this. Yet here her is in front of me.

"Vic, I know what this looks like..."

"It looks like you're getting married." He doesn't let me respond. "Hey, if you didn't want anything to do with me, you could have just said so--"

"That's not what it's about."

"Isn't it? It's been almost six months since that night and not once did you send me a message or call."

"You know how to use a phone," I jet in. I know how difficult this all must be for Vic, and yet his words still sting. When I see him flinch, I bite my tongue from letting anything else past them that might hurt him. "I wish I could tell you, Vic. I really do."

"But you can't," he assumes. "As secretive as ever."

I smile, but there is nothing happy about it. I am smiling simply because I agree. I can't tell him everything and, yes, I am being secretive. Why can't he just listen and go with it? "Look, one day you will understand and I will tell you. But that day is not now." I turn and take a seat in front of the vanity mirror opposite the door. Tears have started to roll down my cheeks and need to be cleaned up.

Silence stays between us for a few moments, the only sound coming from the guests outside. While I can see Vic's reflection in the mirror, I don't look at it straight on. Instead, I watch it in my peripheral vision while I reapply my makeup.

"I remember when we first met," he starts again. "It was Leisure Day at Gobias's and I saw you and I thought, 'Wow, she's something.' You weren't like the others of Sunset Valley. You weren't self-centered. You were kind and genuine. You had substance."

I catch him fully in the mirror now. My emotions wrap around me like a vice. "And I thought the same about you," I whisper.

Vic shakes his head. "And now you're going to marry an Alto."

Before I can say anything in my defense, Vic steps out of the room. "Vic!" I yell, but I know he's not returning. So I sit there, staring at myself in the mirror until my reflection transforms from the Sadie Lawrence I was when I first arrived in Sunset Valley to the Sadie Alto I am about to become.

When I am summoned to the altar, I head down. I force a happy smile on my face as I walk to the platform. I know tears have streaked my cheeks to the point where I wouldn't have been able to cover them no matter how hard I'd tried. I hope they can be seen as a sign of happiness and not because I hurt Vic and, even if he's hurt me too, I know it was warranted. If there was one person I didn't want to be affected by my actions, it was him. The man who had been there for me wanted me and I turned him down. I look down the aisle at Nick. And I gave up my happily ever after for revenge.

I still don't understand how he'd been invited. I sent the invitations out myself and everybody invited was based off of Nick's circle of friends and family, not mine. So then how did Vic know about the wedding? Like he had said, I haven't spoken to him since the night I had been kicked out of Gobias's house.

The questions continue to spin inside of my head as I step forward. I glance back at the guests. Some are crying. Some look honestly happy for Nick and I. And then there's that one person that sticks out like a sore thumb and everything comes together like a puzzle.

Vita Alto. The wife I had taken a husband away from. The person I have done so much damage to, it's shocking she is still functioning. I admit that I did find it strange that she was so willing yesterday to say she would be attending the wedding. How had I not seen it until now? She was there the night at the festival months ago. She was on the grounds when I turned down Vic and her invitation came back as her plus a guest. Her guest had to have been Vic. She must have thought seeing him again would bring back old memories and have me stop the wedding just like she's been trying to do since the moment Nick and I got engaged. This is her way of unhinging me.

"And do you take Nicolas Alto to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

If Vita wants to continue this fight between us, I say go for it.
I look up into Nick's eyes. "I do," I say.

"Then I pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Nick takes me into his arms and kisses me. I peek through my closed eyes. The guests have gotten to their feet. They're clapping their hands, throwing confetti and balling their eyes out. Yet it's Vita who grabs my attention. She's gotten up from her seat and walks off the platform to her car.   

Offline Katala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2016, 11:41:24 PM »
Poor Vic, and poor Sadie.

I wonder if this kind of destruction is the kind Mr. Peters wanted when he thought of Vita...
"Two paths diverged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled...And it hurt man! Rocks! Thorns! Glass! Not cool Robert Frost, not cool."
- Kid President

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2016, 06:53:54 PM »
Well, I guess we will see. There is only one episode left until the finale!

Also, just a reminder to everyone, check out Sims3StoriesTV for all the latest info on Divine Deception as well as deleted scenes and extra screenshots!

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2016, 09:11:06 AM »
Sorry for the two weeks off, guys. I am hoping to have the finale up by the end of the weekend if possible.

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
Re: Divine Deception -- Episode Fourteen: New Beginnings
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2016, 09:48:00 PM »
Divine Deception
"New Beginnings"

I stare at the picture on my phone, down at the photograph taken back when this mission had first started. There I am looking back into the lens of the camera, my face clean while Gobias's is painted from ear to ear. Over my mouth is a smile, while faked, compared to now, I know that it was pure. I looked like a completely different person. My eyes held beauty. My faces was tight. There was not one bag under my eyes and it provides a point in time that I can reference. That was where it all started. And this is where I am now. It's been several months since the big day and pretty quiet on the home front since the moment I agreed to marry into this family. Vita hates me more than ever. She hasn't spoken to me in weeks and as much as I hate her, I can't say that it's a breath of fresh air. With her daughter out of the house and her commitment to keep silent, it leaves the house uncomfortable and eerie, especially when Nick goes to work and it's just the two of us.

On the positive side, the house isn't empty tonight. Vita's invited a group of friends over for dinner to announce that she will be running for mayor again and to snag some donations. Luckily I was able to invite a few friends of my own because I don't know how well I'd be able to act in front of a bunch of judgmental people again. Snowflake day and my wedding were enough for me and I know one of those days are approaching again. Out of the few people I do know, two are available. Charlie and Marlie.

"You are getting so big," Marlie says as she leans forward to my swollen belly and murmurs gibberish to whoever is inside me.

I haven't seen her in ages. Ever since the wedding day, we both have gotten incredibly busy. She tells me she got a promotion in business and also met a nice guy named Eric. "You should have invited him," I tell her, but she shakes her head and tells me that it's been a little tense between Charlie and him. The three of them live in the same small house and personalities had started clashing. It seems it's not just the Altos these days. It's too bad for Charlie, Marlie and Eric, though. At least Alto Manor has two floors and a dozen rooms for escape.

"And how about you?" She asks. "When are you due?"

"Due date's in a week."

"And what are your names?"

I glance across the room at Nick. "If it's a girl, she'll be named Delilah, after Nick's mother." I inhale deeply. "And if it's a boy, he'll be named after my grandfather, Matthew." 

We are all called down for dinner. Vita's at the head so Marlie and myself take a seat at the other end. Grady, our manservant, brings out plates and plates of hot dishes, placing each one in front of us with precise technique and Nick finally makes his way to the chair next to me.

"How are you feeling, dear?" He asks me, kissing me on the forehead.

"Fine," I say softly. "A little tired, but I'm fine."

Vita taps the side of her wineglass to get everybody's attention. The Wanabango sisters are down the line. Men I have never met before are on the other side. Babe Hart, I recognize her from Snowflake Day. And many more. The long row of guests all give Vita exactly what she demands.

"Everybody, I would just like to thank each and every one of you for coming this evening." She takes a deep breath, wiping a tear from her cheek that was never there to begin with. "It's been four wonderful years leading and helping those of Sunset Valley. Crime has decreased. Taxes have been reduced and with all of that, we still have such beautiful people."

It takes everything I have not to speak up. Crime has decreased? I'm sorry. It hasn't decreased, it's just been hidden better than it was in previous years. I remember arriving at Nick's work back when Peters revealed what happened to my family. A company funded by the mayor herself. This isn't news to me, but it's still hard to swallow.

Vita raises her wine glass into the air for a toast. "With the election on the horizon, I hope that I can continue to lead this town to greatness!" The men and women in the room cheer and clink their glasses in agreement. As Vita brings her glass to her lips, the television turns on automatically.

Vita appears on screen with the words BREAKING NEWS at the bottom. She's in a bed, but not the one upstairs or in the one that used to be her daughter's room. No, it's sickly green, the light coming from the one working lamp next to the queen-sized bed, casting the look of mold over the whole room. She's got the cheap sheet tucked close to her as the arms of another man cradle her like some lost lover. It's not until I get a better look at him that I realize it's Grady.

"She's taken everything from me," Vita says.

Grady pulls her closer. "I know." He kisses her on the head as she nuzzles her face into his chest. 

"Let's run away."

"Run away?"

Vita looks up into Grady's eyes. "We'll take the donations that I make during dinner next week and run off. We can leave and never look back. We won't ever have to see any of them again. Not Sadie. Not Nick. None of them. We'll just go!"

A dinner plate hits the ground next to me and I turn to see Grady standing there. He's staring at the video that has since started replaying in the background. A woman speaker has come into view now, a news anchor. "There's no word on how our signal was hijacked, but it seems the footage you just saw was sent in by an unknown source."

Vita's guests get up from their seats and head for the door, spewing profanity at the one woman they had contemplated giving a donation to in furthering her career as mayor. They walk the door and get into their cars, not bothering to give the place another look.

Vita's eyes connect with mine. "You did this!" She screams at the top of her lungs. If I've ever seen her angry before, it's nothing in comparison to what I am witnessing now.

"Me?" I ask. I stumble to my feet in defense even if my stomach makes it difficult.

"You have been targeting me since the beginning, taken everything from me and now you've left me with absolutely nothing! No family, no friends... Not even a career!"

"Vita, I had nothing to do with this--"

"Save it, Sadie. I don't want to ever see your face again." She runs out of the room right as my phone vibrates in my pocket. I tell Nick that I need some air and take a step out to the front porch. The air is chilly with a hint of salt in it, yet after the heat inside, its briskness is more than welcome.

I bring the phone to my ear. "Hello?"

"Did you enjoy the show?"

My eyes narrow in confusion. I know the voice, but for the life of me I can't place it. "What? Who is this?"

"It just goes to show how little we've stayed connected to one another," they say. "Sadie, it's Reginald Peters."

My heart stops for a moment. Reginald Peters. The man who hired me to destroy Vita and the man whom I haven't spoken to for a very long time. My mouth goes dry and I have to clear my throat before I can speak. "Mr. Peters, how are you?"

"Not very well, I'm afraid. Sadie, I hired you almost a year ago to take down the Altos--"

"I told you it was going to take some time," I butt in.

"That's very true, but please understand my concern when I've seen little progress as of late."

I look down at my stomach. "I've come in contact with a few obstacles..."

"Your pregnancy you mean?" Peters snorts. "You do look as if you could pop at any moment. Lovely green blouse you're wearing, but tell me, should a woman so late in her pregnancy really be in heels?"

My eyes dart around me. How is he able to know that? He must have eyes on me, scrutinizing my every movement, my every flaw. A sharp pain hits me in my stomach, like a knife ripping through layers and layers of muscle. I grab the railing for stability as a thought hits me. "It was you," I gasp. "You leaked that video of Vita."

"And if you don't quicken this assignment, Sadie, I will be forced to do the same to you."

The pain intensifies and I don't think I can stand anymore. "Nick!" I yell back into the house.

"Safe travels to the hospital, my dear. I've sent out a taxi for you. Keep in touch this time." And he's gone.

"Nick!" I scream again as I crouch. He's at my side soon after and the taxi pulls up right as we make it to the end of the driveway.

"Keep breathing. Keep breathing," Nick coaches me, and as much as I know he's just trying to help, I want more than anything is to tell him to shut it. Just stay quiet. Whatever! His hand is in mine and I am squeezing it so hard that his fingers are turning white. He doesn't object, though. Instead, he's there, telling me I'm beautiful and that we're going to get through this together.

"Together," I repeat in something just above a whimper. I howl in pain right as the next contraction hits.

The next morning I am released from care with a beautiful baby girl in my arms. She's got my eyes, Nick's jaw. She screams at the top of her lungs every thirty minutes and has the name of a grandmother that she will never know. She's absolutely perfect. Delilah.

Nick opens the door to the taxi and we head home. We don't speak. We just look at the baby girl we've created. The child we will raise into a grown woman. Every time I fell asleep in the hospital, on instinct, I told her that I would never abandon her. I know Nick didn't understand me, but he never questioned it. One thing I love about him. He doesn't judge the things that I do. He just let's me do what I believe is right.

I look at him now. He's staring out the window as Alto Manor comes into view. I never wanted myself to get to this point. The point where I actually feel something for him. Could this be love? To be completely honest, I don't know. I rub my head to ward off a headache. All I know is that only one final piece of the puzzle is needed to complete this assignment and that is his death.

Offline Katala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2016, 11:02:00 PM »
Yay, nooboo :) .

Poor Sadie, I would like to know the real story behind her parents "abandoning" her.

She did do a part of what Mr Peters wanted, she broke Vita when she took away her child, she just didn't break her enough...
- Kid President

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2016, 10:26:38 AM »
With Vita completely in ruins, there is only one person left. I hope everyone has enjoyed it and would love to hear what everybody thinks about the finale once it is posted! :D

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2016, 02:13:28 PM »
Can't wait! I hope Reggie Peters gets dead and quickly! I don't like him and haven't ever since the beginning. I think if anyone killed Sadie's folks, it was probably him!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2016, 07:16:49 PM »
Well, I had a third of the episode written and the power went out. Hopefully it comes back on soon.

anything