Author Topic: Divine Deception -- S4E24: Series Finale  (Read 77833 times)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: Divine Deception -- Episode Fourteen: New Beginnings
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2016, 08:53:15 PM »
Lol its cool. These things happen! Besides, if its the finale, then its probably better that we have some suspenseful waiting period lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline experience

• Occult
  • If you pity a snake, you're bound to get bitten.
    • Nolan M Cruz
Re: Divine Deception -- Season Finale: Destruction
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2016, 01:15:11 PM »
Divine Deception
"Destruction"

The light in her eyes are like two of the brightest stars in the darkest of night. I've never seen anything more perfect in all my life. Her smile, the way she giggles. I don't think I've seen anything so beautiful or that I've ever been this truly happy. Destruction has always been my way at filling a hole inside of me that I knew never could be filled, to make others feel the same. Now, I don't feel the need to hurt anybody anymore. I never believed that moving on could ever be a possibility for me. That I could walk away from hurting others just to feel some balance in my own self. Now I know that it is possible. Delilah has made it possible.

I put Delilah down and pick up my vibrating phone. "Hello?" I say.

I am met with Peters' voice. "Sadie, I expect that we are still on schedule?"

"Of course."

Delilah is the reason why I can't just walk away from this assignment. Finishing it off means that it's over and that I can move on. If I don't find a way to make Peters happy, I know that he will expose me and that would mean taking me away from my daughter when she needs me most and I know better than anyone how much that can affect a child.

"Good. Everything has been put into place."

I take a deep breath. "What happens when it's all over? What if I get taken in?"

"You call the number that I have messaged you. You call it and we will pull you out with a snap of the fingers." Peters' words make me have difficulty swallowing. To know that he has a power greater than anybody I've ever known. That he has the ability to take a criminal out of jail without a second glance. It also reminds me of how appreciative I should be to be on his side. Not against it. "I'll see you on the other side, Sadie. Know that we have full confidence in you."

I hang up without saying another word and look myself over in the full-length mirror across the room. It feels as if my heart is going to break through my chest, shatter any bones in its way, but from anybody looking at me, I seem pretty calm and confident. That's good, because I would hate for anybody to question me when I am already questioning myself.

"That's the end of discussion, Vita," I hear Nick in the other room. Vita's in there with him. They've been arguing all morning. "Alto Manor is going onto the market and that's final."

"How can you do this to me?" She asks with a hint of hysteria. "After all that we've been through together?"

"Been through together?" He scoffs. "You were the one who was going to abandon this family with your bag of donations and the hired help. That was, of course, before the whole town saw what you really are: a vile creature that cares little for anything other than herself." He chuckles. "Oh look, there are two drinks on the table. One for each of your two faces!"

They make their way through the house, room to room. I can't figure out if Nick is trying to find something or if he is just trying to escape from Vita's bickering.

"You are despicable." Vita's heels thump against the ceramic flooring just outside the room I'm in. "Might I remind you that what happened the other night will hurt you just as much as it has me? While I may have needed your assistance to keep crime hidden and the community thinking that it's decreased, you need me just as much. How else do you plan on keep your hired thugs on the streets? Without me as leader, you're going to have to play by the rules!"

"I'm sure we'll survive without you." Nick spins back to the front door and Vita follows as he yells back, "Sadie, we're leaving!"

"And how are you going to manage financially?" Vita prattles on.

I give Delilah a kiss on the head and right as I step out into the hall, I see Nick shoot Vita a dark look. "While it's none of your business," I start, "I have offered to aid him in any way that I can."

Vita glances over her shoulder, rolling her eyes and returning to Nick immediately. "Seeking financial help from the town harlot?" She gasps in amusement. "I didn't think cheap thrills would be able to cover off any missteps your business might be having."

The blood under my skin starts to heat as I make it next to my husband. I raise my hands to encompass the room. "Well, once we get paid for this place, we won't have to worry about anything. You on the other hand..." I grab the door and open it, calling back at Vita as I make my way out, "Goodbye and good luck, Vita."

"I will never forgive you for this, Sadie!"

I smirk as I walk down the steps. "Good, then you will never forget it either. C'mon, hun," I call Nick as I get closer to the car.

Vita grabs onto Nick's shoulder to stop him from taking another step outside. "You can't do this," she says. "That horrid woman has taken everything from me, don't you understand? You, my career, my friends, and now this house, and if you aren't careful, Nick, she's going to take everything from you too!"

Nick wiggles his arm free. "You've been through a lot lately, Vita. Take a long walk and figure things out." He shrugs into his jacket. "Go take a wander down by the beach and look at the house my mother left to us before she died, because right now, I'm going with my wife to go see her like I do every year." He heads out the door, following my exact footsteps, leaving Vita screaming behind him about how he needed to believe her, that I am the very definition of evil and if he doesn't return to her, that I will find a way to hurt him like I have so many other people. He doesn't respond as he takes a seat in the passenger seat and I drive out of Alto Manor.

The car ride to the cemetery is a silent one. Nick just stares out of the window, reminding me of the day this assignment was put into action. The day Peters told me about my parents and the fact that the Altos were involved in their demise. I can still remember how focused I had been jogging from the beach to Nick's workplace with the world passing me by, yet feeling as if I wasn't moving a beat. The difference is that I have done that only once and Nick does this every single year.

We arrive not long after. The place is deserted and the rain has started to pour harder to the point where my umbrella is doing little to protect me from the sky's tears. Nick is quiet, though he explains to me that he would have expected this to get easy every year, but it doesn't.

"I'm here for you, Nick," I say, placing a hand on his shoulder and giving it a soft squeeze. His smile shows me that he's appreciative and he grabs my fingers into his palm and squeezes back. "Does anybody usually come with you?" I whisper as if I might wake the dead.

Nick shakes his head. "Usually I come alone." He looks up into my eyes. "You're the first person I've felt should come with me. I want to show my mother that I finally made the right choice."

It takes me a moment, but I realize what he means. That I'm the first choice in his life that his mother would approve of. My gut twists and I taste bile at the back of my throat. I have to swallow hard to force it down again. "Nick..."

"Come on, she's this way."

Nick leads me off the brick pathway onto the grass. "My mother never accepted Vita as my wife. She always said that she was a woman with an endgame and would ruin my good nature. I was always too arrogant to listen to her, too young." He crouches down to the gravestone, kissing his fingers and touching them to the wet stone. "I'm sorry for that, Ma. I should have listened."

I put my umbrella down and put my hands in my pockets, the rain running its icy fingers down my spine. I tighten around the handle. "And you come all the way here every year to beg for forgiveness?"

He nods, though he doesn't turn around. He just looks at the engraving to Delilah Alto, the woman our daughter is named after. "I was never a good husband, Sadie, and I was even a worse son. I wish I could take everything I said to this woman back. She was right about everything. Vita, the life I'd chosen, how unhappy I would be." He takes a deep breath. "You're the only good thing in my life and I don't think that I deserve you."

"That's not true," I mumble as tears start to pool in my eyes. He starts to stand. "Don't... Don't turn around."

Nick does anyway. The look of surprise on his face, the look of betrayal as he spots the knife in my hand. I can't hold his stare as his eyes make their way to mine. They're streaming with tears and it feels as if somebody else has taken control of what my body is doing. I clear my throat in a weak attempt at recomposing myself. "Just turn around," I tell him. "Just turn back around and this will all be over."

"Sadie, what are you doing?"

"Just turn back around and this will all be over," I repeat.

The emotions on his face are like a freight train that's lost all control. Treachery and bewilderment, revelation and malice. "You..." he sputters. "It was all you."

"I'm sorry."

"Vita was right. You targeted us since the beginning."

I don't speak. I just watch his every move, waiting for him to act.

"Devil's Night, the motel, our child!" He huffs with exasperation. "You set it all up. It was all a lie!"

"It wasn't--"

"Don't lie to me anymore!" He yells at me. "I bet every chance you got, you laughed at me, laughed at Vita for questioning you. You just fed us more and more of your lies! Vita's right. You are a horrid person. Now get out of my way!"

Nick pushes past me and it's that quick. I can feel as his body tightens in an attempt to protect the muscles in his body. The way he stands there in complete shock, still questioning the pain that he feels, both physically and mentally. Then it's as if his legs can't hold his balance any longer and reality sinks in. He doesn't fight it. He can't, and he collapses back into my arms.

"I'm sorry," I say, resting my head on his shoulder. As much as he needs me to keep upright, I need him. The scent of his woodsy cologne reminds me of the first time I'd met him and the memories of the last year rush in, flashing back and forth at the back of my head like a strobe light.

"It wasn't all a lie," I tell him as his body goes limp and I let him slide to the ground, trying to steel myself from the hatred I know Nick has for me, but it's nothing for how much I have for myself.

He reaches out to me. I drop the knife and raise my own. It's the least I can do. I don't know what else to say to him. I can't apologize anymore than I already have and even if I could, I doubt he would listen. He looks at me with pain in his eyes. I can only wonder what he must be thinking. Is he reaching out to say sorry for what he's done to my parents? Or is he accusing me of being the demon that swindled the naive? Before I can get an answer, before I can grab his hand, he's gone.

The graveyard becomes eerily quiet as I look at him, tracing his body with tear-filled eyes. Water pools around him and for some reason unknown to me, I want to put up his umbrella and protect him from the harsh rainfall. Instead, I cover my face and burst into tears. Sirens can be heard in the distance. This is the end. I keep my eyes close, imagining Nick looking over me like he believed his mother did when he would come here.

When I close my eyes, I see Death. He's there to take Nick to the afterlife.

Babe Hart's there too. She's come to comfort me, support me in this difficult time where I have lost my husband. She tells me that it's not my fault. That Vita came in and took the man that I loved away from me. That Vita hated both Nick and I so much that she wanted to make sure I suffered. Vita's the Destroyer in my mind. Vita did all of this.

"She's telling the truth," Death says, stepping forward on the opposite side of Nick. Death's cold and dark, although something inside of me tells me that I can trust him. "Now, do you allow your husband to be transferred over?" He asks and I say yes.

When I open my eyes, I am in the back of a police car. My hands are cuffed behind me and an older woman sits in the front, driving. She doesn't seem to be one to talk and to be completely honest, I don't even know what I would say. I'm not innocent. It wasn't Vita who killed Nick and gradually I am forced to accept who I am. I am a Destroyer, sent on a mission to ruin the Alto family. I befriended a woman who would later despise me. I seduced a man from his wife. I stole a child from her family and married into it just to hurt Vita. I set everything up all the way to the point of conceiving a child with a man who was targeted for death. I scorned and swindled everybody within a ten mile radius and it led to blood on my hands.

The car stops and the officer assists me out. "This way, Ms. Alto," she says, taking me to the doors of the police station.

I go through hours of questioning. Pictures are taken of me and I have to give my fingerprints up. When I am given the opportunity, I demand that I get my one phone call. I am taken to a cheap phone and rummage through my pockets for the number Peters gave to me earlier. I have to take a deep breath to stop myself from shaking. I don't want to accidentally hit the wrong keys. Once I have finally steadied myself, I type in the number and listen to the tone on the other end.

"The number you have dialed is no longer in service. If you think you have reached this number in error, please hang up and try again."

"What?" I say aloud. My heart has sunk to the pit of my stomach. "No, that can't be right. Peters, pick up the phone."

"The number you have dialed is no longer in service. If you think you have reached this number in error, please hang up and try again."

"Peters pick up the phone, Peters pick up the phone!" Anger swells inside of me and I punch the wall as it forces its way out. "PETERS PICK UP THE FREAKIN' PHONE!!!"

Officers have pulled me away and I am kicking and throwing my hands around, screaming at the top of my lungs at Peters even if I know that he can't hear me. This was his plan. I know it was. I was hired to destroy a woman and man who brought havoc to my family and yet, here I am, screaming into a phone that has nobody on the other end.

"I am the Destroyer, not the Destroyed!"

I can hear Vita laughing back home. I can hear her asking "who really got destroyed?" I'm here and the one thing I care for more than anything in the world, is stuck back in the house with a woman who despises me. A woman who will bring Delilah up as her own and I can't do one thing about it. I've lost everything.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2016, 03:40:37 PM »
OMG!  :o  Totally did NOT see that coming!  Sadie should have trusted her own instincts and forget the end Peters insisted on.  Relying on Peters was a mistake - HUGE mistake.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2016, 10:06:24 AM »
I kinda expected it when he was so insistent that she call the number. But, to the same extent, I still thought she would have a reasonable alibi set up before doing it!

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2016, 11:08:03 AM »
Well, DUH lol Season 2 better be just around the corner!

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2016, 05:04:43 PM »
Aww thanks guys!

I have just finished "filming" the mid-season episode. Half way there. I will keep everybody updated and create a promo like I had when Divine Deception first started. I just downloaded the posing mod so maybe a picture ad will be uploaded as well!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2016, 01:49:59 PM »
I defiantly didn't see that coming, poor Sadie.  :'(

I wonder if this was all planned by Vita... :o
"Two paths diverged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled...And it hurt man! Rocks! Thorns! Glass! Not cool Robert Frost, not cool."
- Kid President

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
Re: Divine Deception -- Season 2 Ad
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2016, 10:28:43 AM »
Season 2 is on its way!

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
Re: Divine Deception -- Season 2 Promo
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2016, 11:27:20 AM »
Divine Deception Returns April 2nd 2016

I would never have believed I'd be the one caught in my own web of hatred.

I've hurt a lot of people. An act of revenge for the family they stripped away from me as a child. I thought it would give me closure, answers even, but what I've been left with is a dark hole I will never be able to refill.

I've ruined a woman's marriage. I've taken away her child. I've even gone the distance of killing my own husband just to spite her.

But there was one good thing in my life and I haven't seen her in fifteen years.

In my darkest moments, when my failures flash before me, I see her...

Delilah Alto, my daughter, and she lives with the woman I've taken everything from.

She is what keeps me going...

My name is Sadie Lawrence and I will find you.

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
Re: Divine Deception -- Season 2 Premiere: OITNB
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2016, 10:09:21 PM »
Divine Deception
"OITNB: Orange Is The New Black"

"Devil's Night, the motel, our child!" Nick huffs with exasperation. "You set it all up. It was all a lie!"

"It wasn't--"

"Don't lie to me anymore!" He yells at me. "I bet every chance you got, you laughed at me, laughed at Vita for questioning you. You just fed us more and more of your lies! Vita's right. You are a horrid person!"

I bolt straight up before the frost in Nick's voice can cover the entirety of my body. Goosebumps have formed over my forearms, the hairs on the back of my neck have stuck straight up and it feels like a block of ice has been dropped down my spine. When my eyes are able to adjust, I realize why. I'm in one of the darkest corners of prison. The ones held for murderers. I've been here for fifteen years and every night I wake from the same nightmare. The first of many regrets and being held here just allows me to relive it day in and day out. This is my punishment. This is what I deserve for following the way of the Destroyer.

I swing my legs over the side of the bed and look through the bars of my cell. There isn't an inch of privacy on this floor. No cement walls to separate cell from cell. Only a line of iron bars keep my cell from joining the one next to me. I use the toilet before any of the other girls wake up. From the little light I can see down the hall, it must be almost sunrise, which means an officer will be out shortly to get everybody on their feet. I like to be on my toes before then. The psychologist who volunteers her time to hear us tells me that me being up before the officers gives me a false sense of security that I am on top of things. I never liked her much. I only saw her once after that and it was to tell her I would never be seeing her again.

There's a sink in my cell with me. It's the best source for a drink when I wake up in the middle of the night parched, which, unfortunately, is more times than none. There's also a mirror above it made of some type of plastic that can't be broken. I know. I tried to break it the first night I was place inside after one of the officers called me a waste of life. It humours me now because when I think about all of that full year destroying the Altos, I had so much control over everything: the people I manipulated, the obstacles that were thrown my way. Heck, even my emotions were in check. And then the moment it all caved in, everything slipped through my fingers like water.

I grab my toothbrush a clean my teeth. As I do, I can't help but look at how much my face has aged. Wrinkles have started to appear on my forehead and in the corners of my eyes. I want to keep telling myself that makeup will hide the signs, yet I know by the time I can get some it will be too late. The prison won't help me and aging is inevitable.

As expected, an officer enters soon after through the door at the end of the hallway, banging on the bars with her nightstick like she's the newest member of the Blue Man Group. She orders us all to stand by the doors of our cell, presses the button to open them and then leads us to the shower room where we get our first shower in a week. All women on the floor shuffle under a shower head. With haste, I do too. Supposedly, everybody has their own natural scent and from not being able to shower every day, I have learned that I don't like mine. I wash my hair and my body as fast as I can. There's no luxury time. We have five minutes and that's it. No waiting for the water to warm. Thirty seconds is a long time, which could be spent scrubbing the gunk out from under my broken fingernails that I know won't ever be truly gone. I glance over my shoulder for a split second and catch a glimpse of Daisy and Trish.

Daisy was arrested after she supposedly killed her husband and his parents after a family argument during a game of Pictionary. From what I've heard, Daisy had gotten upset because her team hadn't been able to guess that her drawing was of an alligator and not a crocodile and that was when the spears for the cheese fondue had become weapons. Supposedly she hates to lose. I've only spoken to her a handful of times. She seems nice. She has a very condensed face, leaving a large forehead to be admired, but even I can see there's a screw loose behind the pair of lazy eyes. I've always kept my distance when I felt it was necessary.

Trish on the other hand is very quiet. She's never spoken, at least I've never heard her. She keeps to herself and paints a lot. I don't think she's all that great, although from my time here I have learned that art is subjective. Trish murdered her father after he refused to accept that she was bisexual. She'd been trying to gain his approval all her life with certain things, but after she'd come out, he'd disowned her. Supposedly they had a difficult relationship to begin with and that was the final straw. When the police came to arrest her, she was sitting in the middle of the living room, her father's hand in her left and a bible in her right, rocking back and forth, mumbling, "See no evil, speak no evil. See no evil, speak no evil."

We get a half an hour before we can head down to the cafeteria for breakfast. I find Bernice outside. Bernice is the only person inside the whole facility that I trust. That includes officers, guards and anybody who volunteers their time for us and there's one simple reason for that: She's a better person than I am. I have seen enough people inside this place to know which ones deserve to be here and which ones should be locked up in an insane asylum. Bernice is neither. She was a victim of physical abuse and the one time she fought back, she couldn't stop. Her lawyer tried to fight for her, but it was in a time when the colour of one's skin made an impact on the people around them. If there is one person who doesn't belong here, it's Bernice.

"We'll get out of here one day," I say to her as I gaze through the fence, across the water to Sunset Valley. For how close it is, I know, deep down, how far away everything really is.

A snort makes its way past Bernice's tight lips as she uses the weight machine. "I think we'll get farther if we try and escape, and we both know how far that would go."

My fingers intertwine through the diamond grates. I give the fence a good tug. "I think we could do it." The expression on Bernice's face shows her lack of enthusiasm. That and the idea really is preposterous. The prison is on an island, which can only be reached by boat or helicopter. Getting out from the cage the government holds us in and across the water. I've been awake at night during bad thunderstorms here. I've seen how rough the waters get. If some swat team wasn't able to capture us, the water would take us out completely. Still, I can dream. And I do. I've got enough time to and before I know it, we're called down for breakfast.

"I had that dream again," I tell Bernice as we sit down with our meals. We're the last to arrive and most of the others have already eaten. We take the table we usually do on the far wall.

"Which one?" she asks. "The one with your little girl?"

I shake my head. It's not like I don't get that one often enough. Usually it comes once a week. I give my daughter Delilah a kiss before Nick and I head off to the cemetery. When I close the door to the nursery, she starts crying and as hard as I try I can't open the door. The crying gets louder and Nick starts yelling at me and then there's the woman I hate more than anybody. Vita Alto, the woman I destroyed and landed me in this prison. Actually, she didn't land me here, killing Nick was the reason, but she was a very large piece of the puzzle. I was supposed to do everything I could to ruin her life. I became her friend and demolished everything she had going for her. I took away her husband first, seducing him and luring him away from her. I had social services take away Vita's child. I bombed her reputation, which shattered her life. Her family, her career, her money, everything. Gone!

But there was one thing she got on me. Delilah. With Nick dead and my transfer to prison, she was the only person my daughter could go to. A toddler in the hands of that woman. I can only imagine what Delilah has turned into over these long fifteen years. She was about to turn two when we were separated. What lies has Vita filled her head up with? In my fifteen years here I haven't seen either of them. A visit from my daughter. Not even a session for Vita to gloat. Nothing.

"I just hope that she's all right," I say quietly.

Bernice puts a hand on my arm. "You'll see her again," she says. "You'll see."

I smile, but it feels forced. I push away my untouched plate and make my way back to my cell. Once I know nobody is around, I shrink into the corner next to my bed and sob into my hands. I would have thought that my hatred for Vita would abate over my years away from her, but every day away from my daughter is a constant reminder that I failed. I failed as a Destroyer. I failed as a wife. I failed as a mother and no matter how hard I try to forget it, those fifteen years are gone and I can't take them back. If I ever get out of here, I promise myself that I will find Delilah and tell her the truth. I need to find her.

I close my eyes and imagine the chubby cheeks and red hair of Delilah Alto. On that image I write: My name is Sadie Lawrence and I will find you.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2016, 05:30:48 AM »
Yay it's happening!  Terrific update experience. 

It will be interesting to see if Sadie can pull of a 'Shawshenk Redemption' and escape in a thunderstorm.  But where will the tide take her?  I'm definitely intrigued and I'll be reading!
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2016, 04:47:38 PM »
Hey thanks Mags! It's nice to be writing as Sadie again. Though this time in a different light. She was so sure of herself in the first season and now she's regretting every second of it.

Thanks again for the support!

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2016, 05:18:22 AM »
Yay! Just found this again! Love it!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2016, 12:56:10 PM »
Great to see you have returned! Thanks for the support :D I always love to hear what everybody thinks.