Author Topic: Impact of grandparents on grandchildren - lifestates  (Read 3110 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Impact of grandparents on grandchildren - lifestates
« on: November 14, 2015, 04:27:58 PM »
Hi, this is relation to one of the Sims 3 dynasties, one in which only normal length lifestates are allowed, so no vampires, fairies, werewolves, genies. Also no cheats are allowed.

A premade townie within my household is the girlfriend of a premade townie outside of the household. Both are normal lifestate. Father of the sim outside of the household is a vampire. Should I toss a potent cure potion at the father (of the sim outside of my household) ahead of them trying for baby, or would doing it after the chimes be sufficient? How likely is it that the offspring between the proposed new parents would take on vampiric tendencies?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Impact of grandparents on grandchildren - lifestates
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 06:25:08 PM »
Hi Dek,

I haven't played that much with Vampires. However, in one of my recent games my girl sim was bitten by a vampire guy and their baby ended up being a vampire baby. But that was because both were vampires by the time they were pregnant with the baby.

Anyway, if I read correctly there's a 50-50 chance of baby becoming a vampire if one or the other parents are a vampire.

You can read more about Vampires in the link below.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/latenight/vampires.php

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 09:23:14 AM »
I've never noticed a grand-parent's lifestate affecting that of a grandchild after a parent has been cured. My experience is a little limited on this  though.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 11:21:08 AM »
I once had a child born a fairy because his grandfather was. His dad was never a fairy, and I think it was an honest "passing the trait down from the grandparents" thing.

I'd cure him just to be safe.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded