Author Topic: New Update Issue-Items Missing  (Read 3678 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
New Update Issue-Items Missing
« on: December 07, 2015, 06:26:55 PM »
All of my dynasty heirs paintings are missing as is everything else in the room they were hung in.  She had completed every small abstract painting, and several others of varying types.  We're talking thousands of simoleons of missing art here, plus the windows I put in the swimming pool which is attached to this room to add in "daylight", is also missing.  This is a basement room.  Prior to the patch I have been in and out of this file several times and all was well.  Today, after returning from travel from my retail store, the entire room was empty.  Not even the ceiling lights left.  At the moment, my game is still on.  I'm afraid to "save" and exit or anything.  If I just exit, (in order to try repair game), I'll be breaking a challenge rule and fail my dynasty.

My cache files are clear.  I'm running a 64bit pc with Windows 10.

EDIT:  OMG!!!  Now my garden plants are disappearing!  My helper just went to the garden to harvest a few specific plants.  When I sent her back to do more the ones she had harvested and all the other herbs from Granite Falls are missing!!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: New Update Issue-Items Missing
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 07:26:52 PM »
Oh, wow. I'm so sorry! I'm not even going to load my dynasty file for now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 08:23:28 PM »
I haven't been able to find anything current on this bug. I have a feeling it maybe an old bug that has come back. (Disappearing Objects)

Suggested things to do are:

1. Exit to the main menu and then reload saved game.
2. Log out of Windows and then log back in.
3. Clear your game and Origin cache files. (Howto links below)
4. Go back to a previous save if you have one.

It seems objects may disappear due to having cheats on. Check that when you use cheats, turn them off after you are done with them. Or it may cause problems with your game.

If I find any other useful tips I'll edit them in.

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn

----------
Reference Links:

Delete Game Cache Files and the localthumbcache.package file in the main folder
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29288.msg401662#msg401662

Delete Origin Cache Files - How To: Clear Origin Cache
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 02:53:12 AM »
Oh no Joria, this is really awful for you. I hope MrsFlynn's suggestions have worked. Let us know how you've got on. I do know this bug is related to the MoveObjectsOn cheat. Did you try traveling away from the lot as well?

*Edited. Been thinking about this and I wondered of you have a copy of your save folder you could go back to. For the life of me I can't figure out which save file belongs to which game so I copy and paste my entire saves folder onto the desktop every now and then with the idea that should one of my 'important' games have a fatal flaw then I can just drag out the current saves folder (to the bin) and slide in the 'older' one that is saved on my desktop.
Don't know if that's much help but I thought it was worth mentioning.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 03:30:56 PM »
Really, my main concern is will this ruin my dynasty?  I just had some interesting things go on but why even add to the story if the game is borked?  My heir can repaint all the missing paintings, (she's level 10 painting close to maxing the aspiration), but that takes time from other things she has to do.  I can replace the lights and windows but the collectibles would take time.

I get so frustrated with the save files since they are all numbers and no way of knowing which file belongs to which game without doing a process of removing one set, going in game to see what isn't there, etc.  I stupidly did not do any backup or save my saves folder anywhere.  (sigh)

So, I don't us CC or mods.  I DO use MOO a lot and usually remember to take it off when done.  It's one of the few cheats allowed in dynasty play and as a builder I really rely on it a lot.  I also enlarge items.  None of my other Mooed items or enlarged items were missing from anywhere else in my mansion.  Just that one room.

I DID notice that in a mansion I just uploaded to the gallery, all of the shrubbery hedge I place around the perimeter of the build, done with MOO, are partly missing.  Not all of it, just some.  Nothing else in that build was missing even though MOO was used throughout with various items in different rooms.

The other thing I discovered is my family inventory was suddenly full of household furnishings I did not buy, (could have come from the recent marriage I suppose), and I have a complete garden harvest appear without having my Sim do the harvesting.  This was on the third or fourth try at "fixing" the issue.  Prior to that, around the second try, I had my Sim harvest only Granite Falls plants and all the plants disappeared after!  They did not appear in my inventory but this last going back into the game, I got a complete garden harvest WITHOUT having anyone harvest.  Haven't checked to see if the plants are still there.

I've posted this to crinrict's help.  At this point I'm going to continue to play and see what happens, although I dread what today's download of the new EP will do.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 03:47:52 PM »
Oh rats! I was so hoping you would have been able to solve the issue rather then having to soldier on.  :(  I get really confused about the game files too but I've realized (thanks to MrsFlynn) that if you save-as your dynasty then exit the game. Go into your saves folder and organise by date. Then your dynasty save files will be at the top and recognizable by todays date. Then you could just highlight them and save them into another folder on your desk top.

For example:
Slot_00000001.save (Main Save)
Slot_00000001.save.ver0 (Backup 0)
Slot_00000001.save.ver1 (Backup 1)

A lot of my files now get saved with letters as I have so many game files on the go at once, rather than the numbers 0 to 9.

@MrsFlynn do you have tips on making back ups of these files anywhere on the forum?

Your poor dynasty file certainly sounds messed up. It's such a shame. I'll keep looking and hopefully come across something that may help.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 04:01:05 PM »
Been thinking about the inventory glitch. Do you have other sims in the house with really full inventories? I know this can cause issues also half completed paintings on easels have also been linked to fairly major game bugs. if you have any half completed paintings sitting on easels go into build mode and delete it all, the painting and the easel/s.

Also other reports have been made about plants disappearing both wild and home plants. As well as unexpected items appearing in the household inventory. So what you are experiencing is a known bug. Not that this helps you very much.  :-\

Have you considered doing a re-install? I did that about half way through my dynasty and for a very long time my game ran beautifully and completely bug free.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 12:43:10 AM »
Been thinking about the inventory glitch. Do you have other sims in the house with really full inventories? I know this can cause issues also half completed paintings on easels have also been linked to fairly major game bugs. if you have any half completed paintings sitting on easels go into build mode and delete it all, the painting and the easel/s.

Also other reports have been made about plants disappearing both wild and home plants. As well as unexpected items appearing in the household inventory. So what you are experiencing is a known bug. Not that this helps you very much.  :-\

Have you considered doing a re-install? I did that about half way through my dynasty and for a very long time my game ran beautifully and completely bug free.

I pair down the inventories fairly regularly just because it annoys me to have to scroll through a ton of stuff to find things so don't think that's a cause.  However, I DO have one easel with a half finished picture on it.  So that may be a problem.

I think things are just getting glitchier and worse.  I just built a lower priced bakery for the challengers and there was a glitch there.  When I went to put up the wallpaper upstairs I had to leave one wall bare because if I didn't my posts and spandrels from my wrap around porch would disappear.  If I changed the decor on the foundation the posts and spandrels would disappear.  VERY annoying because you can't put them back in unless you use MOO and I wanted to avoid MOO because it is the source of a lot of build issues.

I lost the paintings and it's annoying but other than that the file seems ok.  Wait till you see what's coming up next in that dynasty!  If I hadn't been almost all day at crinricts site I would have posted two updates.  Now I need to check and see if there are any other build or otherwise issues with my dynasty now that I have Get Together installed.

Yes, I have had all my games reinstalled, but not by first uninstalling.  Just by having Origin do a reinstall.

----------
My No Buy Story