Author Topic: Patch 02/04 -- New Aspiration  (Read 8432 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Patch 02/04 -- New Aspiration
« on: February 04, 2016, 04:43:53 PM »
Grilled Cheese

You have to eat grilled cheese to unlock this aspiration.  I am thinking about 1-3 plates, my test sim ate 3 plates to get this unlock.

Milestone 1
Gouda Greenhorn
-- Talk to 3 Different Sims About Grilled Cheese (50)
-- Eat 10 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (75)

Milestone 2
Cheddar Connoisseur
-- Eat 10 Excellent Quality Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (350)
-- Cook 3 Group Servings of Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (300)
-- Talk to 5 Different Sims About Grilled Cheese (250)

Milestone 3
Muenster Maniac
-- Eat a Grilled Cheese Sandwich in Space (750)
-- Cook an Excellent Quality Grilled Cheese Sandwich (500)
-- Talk to the Grim Reaper About Grilled Cheese (650)

Only 3 milestones, when completed you earn a new trait: Melt Master
Can now summon grilled cheese sandwiches and paint grilled cheese paintings.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: Patch 02/04 -- New Aspiration
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 08:12:56 PM »
Sounds interesting and would be handy being able to summon a sandwich for times like when doing a long fishing trip in Forbidden Grotto and you get hungry.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 10:11:43 PM »
Grilled Cheese

You have to eat grilled cheese to unlock this aspiration.  I am thinking about 1-3 plates, my test sim ate 3 plates to get this unlock.

Milestone 3
Muenster Maniac
-- Eat a Grilled Cheese Sandwich in Space (750)
-- Cook an Excellent Quality Grilled Cheese Sandwich (500)
-- Talk to the Grim Reaper About Grilled Cheese (650)

I love 1 and 3 in this milestone, especially talking to Grim about Grilled Cheese. I wonder if Grim likes Grilled Cheese.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 01:25:44 AM »
Summoning grilled cheese like a boss! Very cool. Talking to grim could be tricky unless you know some elders....
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Dr Oddlust

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 01:30:45 PM »
Thanks for the guide! I'm looking forward to trying this out.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 01:57:49 PM »
Thank you @Nutella I will get the icons cut out for this and the 2 (3?) latest traits now and get them all incorporated into the guide this week :)

Offline meubanks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 07:18:56 PM »
This aspiration is fairly straightforward for the most part. To unlock it, your sims need to eat 3 servings in a row, so they'll have to eat when they aren't hungry. It doesn't unlock if you space them out too far.

The final tier is the only fussy one, otherwise. Cook an excellent grilled cheese only seems to credit for single servings in my tests(group servings don't count for this tier, not sure if that's by design or if its a glitch). To eat a grilled cheese in space, you need to put the serving in your sims inventory. The option will be available when you first interact with the rocket.

Unfortunately, unless Grim is already in the social panel some poor Sim will have to make the ultimate sacrifice in order to complete this.  :-\

Summon grilled cheese instantly creates a single serving of good quality (might be random but was always good in my tests). Paint grilled cheese is pretty useless tbh, but the aspiration is tongue-in cheek so I didn't expect amazing results. I didn't test to see if higher painting skill unlocks better paintings. The aspiration does give comparable satisfaction to the others, so worth doing just for the points (albeit the missing tier reduces the over all total).

I'm tired and too lazy to proofread atm. Sorry for any incoherence and/or crimes against grammar. I just wanted to give some unofficial tips about my experience with the aspiration. I hope it is useful to some of you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 07:55:32 PM »
Thanks for your additions, meubanks. I was wondering why I wasn't getting the aspiration to show up; apparently it's because I've been waiting for my sims to get hungry again to have them eat another grilled cheese sandwich.

I've occasionally found Grim at the gym and once at the Pan Europa nightclub, so he does go to places around town.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline meubanks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 06:49:34 PM »
When I first installed the game I used to run into Grim out on the town, but I haven't in any of my more recent save games. Not sure if they patched him out or if I'm just not in favor with the randomizer gods these days. I deliberately started a game with some sacrificial elders to test this, and their timing was just about perfect. Grim has to harvest the souls before the social interactions show up though. Talk about grilled cheese seems to be an "always available" option once he is on your social panel. I didn't test extensively.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 07:09:17 PM »
@meubanks Thanks for the detailed assessment! I'd be more impressed with summon grilled cheese if we couldn't eat apples and such straight from the inventory now, but I can see some people enjoying the humor of such a weird aspiration. More hidden aspirations would be awesome!

A painting of grilled cheese in the room should make Sims' hunger meter drop faster :P

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 07:37:10 PM »
I do see Grim out from time to time. Like MarianT I've seen him at the gym or a club and a couple times at one of the parks. But he doesn't seem to get out very often. I guess he's a bit of a home body when he's not out reaping souls.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2016, 04:34:31 AM »

When you say your Sim ate three servings to unlock this, were they single or group servings? I heard somewhere they had to be group servings but am not sure.  ???

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2016, 07:12:02 PM »
@Rainbow Dash

I am not entirely sure, but here's a thread (Link below) with more information about the Grilled Cheese Aspiration.

Grilled Cheese Aspiration - How to talk to other sims about grilled cheese?
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27206.msg451228#msg451228

When you say your Sim ate three servings to unlock this, were they single or group servings? I heard somewhere they had to be group servings but am not sure.  ???
[/quote]
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 01:07:01 AM »
I think it was group servings, I remember trying single servings first not seeing anything the trying three group servings and it showed up.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2016, 08:59:08 PM »
What I do is make a group serving of grilled cheese and then make my sim eat 3 servings of this one after the other.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything