Author Topic: [BUG] Sims Saved to Library, wrongly marked as CC *Work-Around*  (Read 8580 times)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
[BUG] Sims Saved to Library, wrongly marked as CC *Work-Around*
« on: February 10, 2016, 01:21:41 AM »
Updated: July. 2018

This is a known issue. There doesn't seem to be a fix for it as of yet. However, there is a work-around for it.

[WORKAROUND] Sims uploaded to the gallery wrongly marked as modded
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Sims-uploaded-to-the-gallery-wrongly-marked-as-modded/m-p/5145862#M21765

Even if you don't have mods or cc in your game, clear the game cache and delete the the localthumbcache.package file from your Sims 4 folder to help troubleshoot the issue.

1. Save the Sim or house to the Library. It may be marked as modded.
2. Close the game, and start a new one.
3. Load the Sim or house from the library and try uploading the Sim or house again.

If you are using mods and cc in your game, move the mods folder to to the desktop, clearing game cache and delete the the localthumbcache.package file from your The Sims 4 folder and repair the game in Origin to help troubleshoot the issue.

All issues reported in the bug forum must be tested on vanilla (no mods/cc) games.

Delete Game Cache Files (What and How-To)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29288.msg401662#msg401662

Repair Game:
In Origin > Games Library, right-click on Sims 4 and select Repair. - Do note this repairs the game's install files for the actual game. It does not make any changes to the saved game files. Meaning that your saved games are safe, they won't be deleted. If you'd like you can copy the Sims 4 folder to a USB key.

This bug isn't actually about custom content. It's about the game thinking there is custom content in your uploads when there's not.

If the above doesn't help, please post about the issue in the thread (first link) above, letting them know what you've tried to troubleshoot the issue.

Here's a quote from Playalot that I thought was important to note:
If the house has paintings that a sim has painted using 'paint from reference' then the game auto-detects it as custom content.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Indira

• Occult
Re: [BUG] Sims Saved to Library, wrongly marked as CC *Work-Around*
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 03:03:17 AM »
Thank you! I was looking for soem of my saved households and couldnt see them at all. Thanks for this MrsFlynn.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 11:52:49 AM »
You're welcome!! I did some research on the problem last night trying to find the bug report and it sounds like it's been happening for quite awhile now. Creations are being wrongly tagged as custom content by the game.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 12:39:33 AM »
I added a "me too" to the report.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 07:08:11 PM »
Here's a quote from Playalot that I thought was important to note:

If the house has paintings that a sim has painted using 'paint from reference' then the game auto-detects it as custom content.

Offline hvmade

• Nooboo
Can't Save Sim or Household to personal library???
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 04:21:55 PM »
Thank you in advance for your assistance.

First of all, I apologize for posting a duplicate post, however when I searched for "Save sim library" or "Save household library" (without the quotes) all the responses come up in Sims 3, and this is a Sims 4 issue!

1. I am trying to save my sims/households in my last game to my personal library so that I can play them in a new game. 
2. I click on "Manage Households"
3. Then I click on the file folder in the upper right hand corner that says "Save Household"
4. I click on the file folder in the bottom right hand corner that says "Save household to my library"
5. I get a green message saying "You saved a household (Name)". 
6. I exit Edit-A-Sim, and I have tried clicking on both the "X" and the checkmark.
7. I open the Gallery
8. My newly saved sim/household is NOT in my personal library.

>:( :-[

What am I doing wrong?

Again, thank you for your help.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Can't Save Sim or Household to personal library???
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 05:13:14 PM »
This may actually be a case of the gallery being a bit tempermental of late.  When you go to search your library, on the left hand side are a bunch of options.  Go to the bottom and then click advanced.  Check the box that says include custom content.  Even if you don't use it, the gallery has been designating things as having custom content lately, especially if you have use the gallery online.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 05:27:37 PM »
@hvmade

I don't know if you're using custom content, but I had the same issue after installing cc for my for-fun games.

If you're using cc, to display your household in the library:
1. Click "Advanced" at the bottom left (under "CATEGORIES," there's a horizontal line then "Packs" and "Advanced").
2. Click "Include Custom Content."
3. Any households using cc should now appear in your library.

If you're not using cc, I don't know what the problem might be. Good luck, though!
(I have a feeling that grimsoul posted this very same procedure in another thread....)

Offline hvmade

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 05:34:07 PM »
I can't thank you enough! This is EXACTLY what the problem was!  I'm still confused, because, I don't use CC.  However... the sims that I am trying to save were *originally* downloaded from other people's content in the gallery.  Of course, when I downloaded them, the CC (custom hair, custom clothes, etc) was taken out or replaced.  But the game must still recognize the original download as having CC.  WHO KNEW???

I am in your debt! Thank you!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2016, 05:55:36 PM »
@hvmade

Like you, I wouldn't have thought to check if the problem was custom content, if I'd been in your shoes, either.
Glad that worked!
And good to know that about the game treating our household as if it had cc, even if we didn't own/install the original cc.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2016, 06:22:48 PM »
I had this problem as well and don't use CC at all.  I noticed it happened when I had an alien child and I guess if you use the paint by reference option for paintings and hang them, then it can also be counted as CC.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2016, 07:05:13 PM »
@Shewolf13 
Does that mean the game considers that entire lot, when saved to your library, to "contain cc"?
How did you ever figure that out? That would have driven me crazy! (I probably mean "crazier")

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2016, 07:16:06 PM »
@oshizu

I think I was talking with Play or someone else, actually.  See, I made a topic with this same issue when it first popped up.  I think it was Play that first mentioned it.  And as far as I know, the fact that it's marked as CC doesn't mean the entire lot is CC, but that it contains it, if that makes sense XD

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2016, 07:52:40 PM »
@Shewolf13

I understood what you meant. I was just thinking that if someone had a lot regarded as "including cc" but didn't know what it was, they'd have to tear the whole lot apart to figure it out.
Or at least I would, since I'm such a novice/poor builder.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2016, 09:03:10 PM »
@oshizu

Yeah, that would really suck XD Though technically, all the homes I've saved except one or two have been straight outta build mode, with no live mode involved.  What's been showing up as CC for me is the households I've saved.  It seems to have to do with Aliens and/or if there is a pregnant Sim involved (or infants).

anything