Author Topic: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 5/2/2016 Completed  (Read 22882 times)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/08/2016
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2016, 01:45:46 PM »
On her way in, she saw this man with a little toddler boy.
Initially, I didn't understand the relevance of this remark until the follow-up at the party ("I hear you have a toddler").

In a regular Immortal Dynasty, we keep an eye on teens; in a Short Dynasty, you monitor the townie toddlers.  Really gives a sense of how fast the game moves.
Thanks for explaining the Zulu/Zyra dynamic. Zulu's moustache suits him.

Also, this is the first time I'm seeing IFs that aren't the opposite gender of their "owners." Different challenges, different strategies, I guess. Or can the gender be manipulated?
Gender can be manipulated by changing the name of the doll ("change to boys name " "change to girls name"). It's a useful trick.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/09/2016
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2016, 10:08:54 AM »
Thanks @sdhoey

@LivvieLove , Being semi-retired and somewhat obsessive compulsive helps with the speed. As far as parties go, unless I have a sim in politics or a party animal, I don't throw them much anyway.

@oshizu  and @LivvieLove , I manipulate the gender of an IF if I plan on using it as a spouse. This time I had no plans for the dolls and didn't make any changes so Zyra was given a male doll by the game. The dolls were never placed on the ground, but showed up as adults all on their own. Generation 3 didn't receive dolls in the mail. I don't know if that was just a quirk or a harbinger of things to come, or not to come in this case.

Yasmine had her birthday in a flash of sparkles.

She worked very hard on her toddler skills.

Melinda: Stop ringing the doorbell. I’m in labor here.
Some young evil guy was at the door. He had an argument with Zyra in town and liked it.

Yankee Breve joined the family. I think we’ve lost our rainbooity. Yankee is Athletic and Clumsy. How is that even possible?

All fed and diapered, the little girls settled in for the night.

Yasmine had her child birthday.
What’s the matter? I remembered the cake.
Yasmine: My hand is stuck in the counter and I want to clean the dishes.

You look pretty cute. Go play some chess on the computer. With all the abacus playing you did, so should progress quickly.
Yasmine: Okay, this is pretty fun, but how does it make use of my Brave trait?
It doesn’t. Deal with it. Maybe someday we’ll have a burglar and you can beat him up.

Zulu: I maxed Alchemy, but I refuse to supermax it!
Yah, I don’t want to do that either. You maxed photography so we’re good. You just need to toss another 18 elixirs and you’ll complete your Lifetime Wish.

Out in the garden, Melinda had her adult birthday. She needs to harvest another 300 plants or so to supermax gardening. She is very close to the top of her gardening career. I’ve been worried that she won’t get her medium tombstone. She doesn’t pop a lot of wishes, and her Lifetime Wish is not possible. Fingers crossed.

Yankee became a toddler and made a beeline for the toy box.
Yankee: *Must get there before they stick me in the playpen*

Yankee: *Well, it’s not the playpen anyway*

Zulu: Oh heck.

You don’t look like garbage. You look very distinguished.

In the blink of an eye, Yasmine became a teen. She’s a Virtuoso now. Somebody give her Jon’s guitar.

Melinda: I’ve done everything I can in gardening. It’s time for you to take over, Yasmine, so I can go fishing.
Yasmine: Just two more levels in Logic and it’s a deal.

Zulu took Yasmine out to learn to drive. It was a good thing it was Friday night because it took all night and well into the morning.
Melinda never wished to teach her.

Yankee learned her skills quickly and hid out in the toy box.

Outside the coffeehouse, Zulu threw one last vial of bliss and completed his lifetime wish. The world is saved!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/09/2016
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2016, 04:17:46 PM »
How do you do it? All you sims grow up looking so lovely!

Congrats to Zulu for maxing Alchemy and completing his Lifetime Wish!
Yasmine and Yankee are both very pretty!

You are moving so fast!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/10/2016
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2016, 01:06:31 AM »
@oshizu , This really does go fast. There's so much happening, I don't always remember to take screenshots.

It’s birthday time for Yankee.
See, I’m getting better at remembering.  Enjoy your cake!
Yankee gained the Lucky trait.
Yankee: These clothes? This hair? Lucky?
You look cute. Besides, it’s for 2 days. Deal with it.

Somewhere along the line, Yankee wished to be a Master Acrobat, maybe when I let her work out for a while, so no more exercise for you until you grow up.
The adults have done so well on their skills that they actually have time for family fun.
Yasmine from the chemistry table: Hey, I’m part of this family too, you know!

Melinda: I’m fishing, I’m finally fishing!
Yes, Yasmine reached level 10 in logic and has taken over the garden. Melinda is not just fishing, she’s also wishing. She’ll have plenty of points for a medium tombstone now.
Melinda: Morbid much!

There are now two mostly well-behaved teens in the house. The only booby-trap, is Zulu’s sink. No one washes their hands.

Melinda took Yankee out to learn to drive. I don’t know if it’s because of Melinda or because of Yankee, but it took about 6 hours less than with Yasmine.

Both girls got to go to prom. Yasmine continuously was rejected by boys, while Yankee was elected prom queen and got into fights. Fun was had by all.

While they were out, Zulu, who is pretty much free-range at this point, played on the waterslide.

Melinda aged up to elder on her way home from fishing. The dress and shoes combo are so odd that we’re keeping it.

Jasmine became a young adult right after leaving the dance…

…and Grim paid a visit. He could have come to collect either Zyra or Zulu at this point, but  at age 33, it was Zyra’s time.

Zulu: Stop chatting up my daughter. Can’t you see I’m devastated!

So we bid a fond farewell to Zyra and Fluffs.
Although only her gardening max counted, she also maxed logic and fishing. She furnished many perfect plants and perfect fish to be stored away just in case. She also provided a few Imaginary Friend Metamorphium and that amazing motive mobile.

In his grief, Zulu fought with apparently empty air.

Yasmine (Eccentric, Neurotic, Brave, Viruoso, Clumsy) wished to become a Hit Movie Composer. She loves her new job and her guitar, but unless she lives an incredibly long life, that wish will be out of reach.

In just a few short days, Yankee became a young adult. Her traits are Athletic, Clumsy, Lucky, Sailor, and Heavy Sleeper, and, as I said, she wants to be a Maser Acrobat.
Only Yankee and Zulu were home for the celebration, until they were joined by another.
Don’t turn around, Yankee!

Evidently eating birthday cake is such a primal urge, that death can’t even interfere.

Zulu and Jellybean, age 60, soon joined the family at the cemetery.
Zulu bought the bookstore, the supermarket, the bistro, and the criminal warehouse for 4 points. He completed his lifetime wish and maxed alchemy and photography and reached the top of his alchemy career adding 4 more. He had 2 children and was happy enough to provide a large tombstone.  That’s 12 points just for Zulu. Job well done. Rest in Peace.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2016, 01:46:28 AM »
Well done Zulu and Jellybean.

I wonder really weird things at times. Currently I'm wondering if imaginary friend dolls that aren't turned real become solid ghosts when their owner goes with grin and whether or not they keep on playing pillow fights with their owner in the land of Grim

As I said, a weird thought.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2016, 03:06:03 AM »
Your second generation really got so much done!  Brava!
Zyra got a lot done while I wasn't paying attention, lol.
I was wondering what you meant about Zulu being free-range.
He accomplished all that was required of him--the first of your heirs!--no wonder you were fine with him slacking on the waterslide.
Great job, Watcher!

I'm not quite sure who's left in the house now: Melinda, Yasmine, and Yankee?

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/11/2016
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2016, 10:42:21 AM »
@Deklitch , The little IF spirits seem to be still present in the little dolls. They don't teleport around like gnomes, but they do change positions. I like to think that they come out and play with their owner's ghost. Okay, we've officially put way too much thought into this.

@oshizu , Yes, it was just the three of them at that point, but that can never last long. On the short lifespan, nothing lasts long.
Zulu was like a free-range chicken. He just ran around the yard doing what ever he wanted.

Breve Tripsalot took the motive mobile to Performance Park to perform for tips. No one was there, well it was the middle of the night. At least she didn’t embarrass herself.

She went to an empty gym and worked on her athletic skill instead, and got two promotions.
Yankee: You know, this would go even faster if you let me use those liquid job boosters we have in storage.
Those are for emergencies. This is not an emergency…yet.

That day both Yasmine and Yankee graduated. They went in and out of the courthouse at different times so no pictures were taken. Yasmine was voted Most Likely to Burn Down Their Own House while Yankee was voted Most Likely to Become a Sports-star. It just shows that being a teen for only 4 days doesn’t allow your classmates to really get to know you.
Melinda had discovered that the former toddler guy worked at the nectary. She sent Yankee off to buy some nectar.
Melinda: Be nice to the nectar merchant dear.
Instead, Yankee ran into Dana Lofton who she vaguely knew from school.
He deserves a close up.

Yankee: Ooo, you have the prettiest lavender eyes. Will you be my boyfriend?
Dana: Sure.
Yankee: How about moving in?
Dana: Love too.
Dana’s traits are Night Owl, Genius, Handy, Kleptomaniac, and Lucky. His lifetime wish – The Tinkerer. He has no Handiness or Logic skill points. Enjoy your multitab, Dana. He did, however, have four skill points in gardening and wished to become a professional gardener.
Dana was carrying a sloppy jalopy, a diploma, and a Most Likely to Take Over the World award.
Sorry former toddler guy. There’s no way you could match up to Dana.

There may be a lot of close ups.

Yankee: I suddenly feel compelled to watch kids’ TV.

Dana made extremely fast progress in his handiness skill and was soon fireproofing the stove.
All Yasmine ever really wants to do is play her guitar. That’s okay, busy sims are not flirting sims.

Upstairs, Yankee realized that she had a nooboo on the way.

Melinda: I really want to catch a perfect deathfish. Huh, outstanding…maybe tomorrow.

She never got the chance.
Melinda: Nooo, I want to catch a perfect deathfish! Oh, and see my grandchild born.

Melinda, age 28, joined the rest of generation 2. She supermaxed gardening, maxed fishing, reached the top of her gardening career, and provided a medium tombstone for a total of five points. Along with one from Zyra and twelve from Zulu, generation 2 made 18 points.
The grand total thus far is 32 points. Thank you Zyra, Zulu, and Melinda.

Yasmine and mostly Dana have been tag-teaming the garden. It’s been simplified to cash crops only. At this point that means red berry beans and six money trees.

Dana: Woo! Dancing to kids’ music is fun! I want to marry you.
Yankee: Yah, I’ll need to think about that for a while. I’ll get back to you.

Yasmine’s after work autumn salad was interrupted by Adult sparkles.

Dana’s shower upgrading was immediately interrupted for the same reason. Yes, they’re exactly the same age.

Pregnant women are not allowed on the treadmill, but this is just fine. During her pregnancy, Yankee managed to reach level 8 in athletics and level 7 in her acrobat career. No job boosters were abused in the process.

Yankee: Wake up, Dana. I want to marry you right now.
Dana is nothing if not cooperative.

Yankee: You are just sooo cute!

Yankee: Pant, pant – I want to be a Master Acrobat..pant, pant.
What?!?

Twin boys joined the family. The first born, Xerxes, is a Disciplined Virtuoso.
X-Ray, our heir, is a Perceptive Genius. (No, no, no, you will not be a pervasive private eye)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/11/2016
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2016, 12:23:46 PM »
Another thrill-packed chapter!
R.I.P. Melinda! I loved the way you always kept your eye out for the ideal spouse for Yankee!
Yankee is really moving forward with her skilling and career.
Congrats to Yankee and Dana! I just love handy sims! And Dana is very handsome.
And double congrats on the twins!

I have three questions.
Did you delay the marriage between Yankee and Dana until they both had wishes to get married? (Sorry to ask, I just don't know...)
Is the only way to return rainboos to the lineage is to wed another sim with the rainbow slider?
In this connection, is Dana considered to be a rainbow sim?

Always look forward to your updates!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/12/2016
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2016, 10:47:07 AM »
@oshizu , Yes, I did delay the marriage. Those 5,000 happiness points are too good to pass up. In theory, there is a very slight chance that someone could inherit Gia's rainbowness. In Riverview there is no chance of running into another rainbow sim, Dana just has normal dark skin.

Yankee: I had one day to enjoy not being pregnant, and then this! I want to get a makeover at the salon.
No
Yankee: Move?
NO
Yankee: I know, I want to divorce Dana!
NO!
Could someone just wish for a new outfit or car for once.

The next day the twins had their birthday.
Xerxes got his father’s hair and his mother’s eyes.

X-Ray got his mother’s hair and his father’s eyes.

The boys learned their skills.

They still had time to grow close to their special dolls, Peaches and Hesper.

Yankee made it up to level 9 in her acrobat career just by working out. Since she’s a level ten athlete, that means she’s actually going to have to perform to get that last promotion.  Since she spent so much time fatigued and not being able to exercise, Yankee has made good progress on her guitar skill.

Dana went to the library where he could gain his last logic point without interruption. No one came to the library to die in the middle of the night.
Dana: I am The Tinkerer.

The boys had their birthday and got the same shirt. X-Ray’s favorite color is blue, so he gets to keep it.
Xerxes: Hey! No fair! I got it first!
Really, you want to fight over that shirt.

Xerxes added the Bot Fan trait, and asked to learn to paint.
Sure, why not.

X-Ray may have one the battle of the shirt, but spends most of his time dressed like this. He is now Friendly.

Yasmine: Oh no, I think I spent too much time on the waterslide. I’m all wrinkly.

Dana: Can’t a guy just get one uninterrupted night’s sleep around here?

Wow, Xerxes, you’re really cute.
I just realized that, as a twin, the only hope you have of learning a skill before X-Ray becomes a young adult is to hit the old photography tabcasts.
Xerxes: Okay, and I want to be a Renaissance Sim now.

While Dana cleaned up after gardening, I sold his money bags and redberry beans. Gardening career complete.

That’s Yankee down there performing. No one showed up. Even the proprietor ignored her.

The boys became teens.
Xerxes: Ha! Look at your hair!
X-Ray: Well, you have blue shoes!
Xerxes added Green Thumb. Thank you! X-ray is now Nurturing. Could be worse.

Yankee performed one last show completing her career and her lifetime wish. She had an enthusiastic audience this time, and look, two non-elders.

Yankee got home just before the sparkles hit.

After adding a few aqua highlights, Yankee picked up her guitar and reached level 9.

X-Ray: Mom, let me present you with this fine bladder flow potion. Now are we good enough friends that I can ask you to teach me to drive?
Yankee: To the Motive Mobile!

You’re looking mighty smug, Xerxes.
Xerxes: I just maxed photography, and I’m a good enough gardener to register as self-employed.

Poor Yasmine, 27 days old, only made it to level 6 in her career. She left work early for her meeting with Grim.

Rest in Peace, Yasmine Breve. You maxed Logic and Guitar and kept the garden going when no one else had time. Like all spares, you did a lot of work for very little glory.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2016, 12:31:54 PM »
The X-boys turned out very handsome!
Why is X-Ray dressed like a junior scientist with white gloves in that one screenshot?
The shot of Xerxes in the orange shorts and matching T-shirt is soooo cute!

Hahaha, that of of Yankee's last performance where her only audience members sits at a distance with his back turned (that's the proprietor?)
Loved that shot of the now elderly Yankee, playing guitar. She's very fetching!

Are you enjoying your Short Dynasty? Seems so!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2016, 04:16:00 PM »
@oshizu those are the clothes they change into when using the chemistry table.

@KRae, can I request Wine as the non-heir W name, please? It seems appropriate with the W heir apparently to be Whiskey.

Poor Yasmine, didn't make 30 :(

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2016, 04:18:05 PM »
@Deklitch  Thank you for the information!  And I laughed at your name request of Wine.  Or maybe it should be Whine?

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2016, 09:11:34 PM »
I've missed a few updates! My goodness!

First of all:
Twin boys joined the family. The first born, Xerxes, is a Disciplined Virtuoso.
X-Ray, our heir, is a Perceptive Genius. (No, no, no, you will not be a pervasive private eye)
Lol!
It's actually not that bad. They just don't have lives. Felix literally drives around non-stop in the bat-mobile (his car I named, it's a Bwan Speedster because the Motive Mobile moves too slow to chunk around all of Dragon Valley) and he's at 12 or 13 out of 35 on day 2 of young adulthood.
Have mercy it's tedious though.

I loved your stories though.
"I got this wish to marry you right now."
"Ok!"
Hahaha! KRae this is hilarious! Ah the hectic life of Short Dynasties...

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/13/2016
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2016, 09:42:03 AM »
@oshizu , I am enjoying the madness of it, but I think I need to relax a little and not drive them so hard. I'm not sure that's in my character, though.

@Deklitch   See below.

@LivvieLove , I have a question you may be able to answer. The rules say that this ends with generation 10. Does that mean when 10 dies? If 10 has a spouse do those points count?

What’s the matter with your cake?
X-Ray: It’s just that Auntie Yasmine isn’t around to share it.

Well, now you just look hypnotized.

The return of the hair.

Xerxes:  I, on the other hand, look fabulous.

X-ray: Pleased to meet you, Sandra Cash .My mother told me that we might get along. Thank you for finding me attractive in spite of my hair. I can fix it.
Sandra: Ditto.

Back at home with only Xerxes as his witness, Dana had his final meeting with Grim at age 28.

Dana contributed 6 points to generation 3. He maxed Handiness, Logic, Gardening, and his Gardener career. He completed his lifetime wish, and, of course provided a medium headstone.
Rest in Peace, Dana. You deserve some rest.

The next day the boys graduated. Xerxes was voted Most Likely to be a Rock Star.
Xerxes: I could be, I swear, if it wasn’t for that pesky garden.
His traits are Disciplined, Virtuoso, Bot Fan, Green Thumb, and Excitable. He’s wanted to be a Renaissance Sim since childhood (for a few days).
X-Ray was voted Most Popular. His traits are Perceptive, Genius, Friendly, Nurturing, and Snob. He wants to be a World Renowned Surgeon. We could be in trouble here.

X-Ray convinced Sandra to move in. Careful of those teeth.
Sandra’s traits are Couch Potato, Great Kisser, Snob, Light Sleeper, and Evil. Her lifetime wish is to be the Leader of the Pack, of course. Sorry not going to happen. She’s an age stuck young adult werewolf.

Sandra was immediately off to shed her werewolfiness, along with much of her hair. As expected, she had her birthday upon leaving the spa.

I sense a lot of kids’ music in the near future.

You’ve maxed logic, X-Ray. How about learning a second skill?
X-Ray: I wish to learn to cook!
Ew.

Yah, that turned my stomach, too.

Ah, so it wasn’t X-Ray’s cooking methods.

Sandra wished to learn painting and then to join the painter career.
That’s fine. Just listen to your photography tab casts while painting.
….And photography complete.

This looks like Xerxes just maxed guitar. Actually, he was listening to a gardening tab cast while tending the garden and started playing his guitar when he finished. So….gardening complete.

Sandra: Bwaah! Congratulations!

So, an evil lighthouse.
Sandra: No, silly. The toxic ocean is lapping on the shore, poisoning the soil.

X-Ray: Hello, Riverview Realty? My watcher says my career is going slowly and I need to buy cheap properties and upgrade them. Don’t ask.

Yankee: You’re giving birth there? Don’t you know that’s where your children will sleep?

It’s nice to have a grandma around to help.
Meet Wine (boy)- Couch Potato, Light Sleeper, and Whiskey (girl), our heir – Loves the Outdoors, Brave.
Welcome to the family.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/13/2016
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2016, 11:11:57 AM »
The rules say the heir takes over at YA and all other short dynasties I've seen end at generation 10 becoming a YA.

"Thank you for finding me attractive in spite of my hair"
"Ditto"
I feel like this sums up short dynasty relationships 99% of the time haha!

anything