Author Topic: Saving items in shared household?  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Mack Whitman

• Nooboo
Saving items in shared household?
« on: June 01, 2016, 11:07:04 PM »
I've been trying to share some lots that I made along with some items that help me to decorate it, such as display cases containing shells and fishbowls with fish in them. There should be a way to put these in since they show up in things such as museums in the games.  Unfortunately, every time I try to save or share a lot most of the items just get moved into my family inventory and I end up with an empty house lot.  How can I bypass this?  ...Or can I bypass it at all?

I heard that I need to do this as a "vanilla" game but I don't understand how I'm supposed to do that.  If someone could give me a step-by-step guide to do this I'd appreciate it.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Saving items in shared household?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 04:11:01 AM »
I've recently come to this problem.

The items will most likely get moved to the family inventory of the "main" family that will be with the house. The secondary family will only be left with things in their own personal inventory. And some items can't be put in personal inventory.

I'm not sure of a way to split household items any other way. Other than make two copies of the household. So that the main family still has their stuff (copy 1) and the secondary family has theirs (copy 2).

Take both copies into game and delete family/items that aren't needed and resave them separately.

This is the way I did it for my game.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mack Whitman

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 11:59:20 PM »
Thank you, but that's not what I meant.  I am trying to turn the lot into a community lot and share it online.  My dream was to create a fishing museum and after hours of work I finally managed to catch a perfect of every fish, grow/catch a perfect version of every bait (except for tofu and links of course), fill a pond with every kind of fish, and collected every sea collectable in the game.  I put them into a museum, displaying the mounted fish on the wall, putting fish into fishbowls, and all other things on display cases.  I turned it into a community lot.  Everything was fine.  I then tried to share the lot and I found that almost all the items I put in there were put into my family inventory and the shared lot was pretty much an empty building.  What I want is to be able to preserve the displays into the museum and be able to share it too.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 12:26:14 AM »
It sounds like you may have encountered a bug. When I went to search - Sims 3 items disappear when sharing community lot. Some links came up that said this was a bug, and sounds like it hasn't been fixed.

However, I did find a couple of links that might be helpful.

Do you have experience creating a Sim-donated Museum/art gallery?
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=5323.msg109403#msg109403

Placed gems disappear from a community lot.
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=6627.msg138538#msg138538
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Mack Whitman

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 01:36:09 AM »
Moan, groan!  I want to make several museums with several different themes.  I guess the only thing to do is make my "ultimate" garden with every plantable item in the game and make the "ultimate" fishery with separate ponds for each individual kind of fish in the game.  If a bug fix is made (unlikely) please let me know.