Author Topic: Needing help with broken werewolves  (Read 7838 times)

Offline MountainWulf

• Nooboo
Needing help with broken werewolves
« on: July 03, 2016, 06:17:44 PM »
Hey all, as the title says, I need help fixing my game. Although I'm not sure what's wrong.

All of my male werewolves have turned pitch black. Only males, and only when they are in their werewolf form. I have gone through many forums and googled the heck out of this problem, but there is no help for me. Every answer simply states that it's a bad mod or bad CC. I have never EVER had a single mod or CC in my game. So it can't be either of those things. I have reinstalled my entire game and have refreshed the caches. I have also tried to use testingcheatsenabled to bring the broken sims to CAS so I could see if I could manually change their skin, but for some reason, I can't get a single werewolf into CAS.. Don't know why that is.

Anyways, if I could have some suggestions that don't involve telling me it's CC or a mod, I would love to try just about anything. (And again, I've already reinstalled my game and cleared all caches.) I would really hate to have bought this expansion after wanting it for years, just to have to turn off werewolves from ever appearing in any of my worlds. Or not get to be one myself one day.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Needing help with broken werewolves
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 07:08:28 PM »
I have tried to search on Sims 3 glitch with werewolves. It sounds as though there is a bad glitch involving them. So this maybe (?) apart of that unfortunately.

However, it sounds as though Nraas MasterController can help. Use it to reset everything. - http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController

I can't promise that it will help, but it may be worth looking into. I've used it myself to reset everything in-game and it works wonders. :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MountainWulf

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 07:29:12 PM »
Hmmm I installed NRass and now my game crashes every time it gets to the loading screen. Pretty sure I did it right. Or at least, I think I followed the instructions on the site.

I downloaded the base mod for my version of sims, unzipped it and then put it into the folder: This PC/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages

Was that right?

EDIT: ok I had tried the base mod and also tried the cheats and progression packages as well. It's the last two that were crashing my game. The base NRass works when it's all on it's own. I had got the impression that you used the base and could add the others on if you wanted to. I guess I was wrong.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 08:12:05 PM »
Yes the install path is correct. I don't think you need anything other than the base MasterController.package to use it's basic features. The others are add-ons that allow for more features.

MC shouldn't be crashing your system. If it continues to do so you may want to ask about it over at Nraas. As they may be of better help troubleshooting the crashing issue. -- http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline MountainWulf

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 08:14:10 PM »
Well NRass lets me take a werewolf to CAS, which is nice, but it doesn't let me edit their wolf form. The little icon that should show up above the sims avatar won't show for any of the werewolves I tried to edit in CAS.

Now, if I make a new world and make a werewolf in create a household, then that symbol will appear. But that doesn't help at all. Will sims 3 not allow you to edit a werewolf in CAS, only in CAH? If so; why?

I tried using Nrass' reset sim ability as well. That also didn't work. I tried all the options I could think of on several sims. All male werewolves are still pitch black. :/

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 08:32:59 PM »
I'm not sure why it won't allow editing of a werewolf. I don't really understand the glitch myself. I just know it's a bad glitch. It's a known glitch, but since Sims 3 isn't being worked on anymore there isn't much that can be done about it. :(  If resetting everything via MasterController doesn't work. I'm not sure what else to suggest.

I'm really sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Offline MountainWulf

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 09:24:19 PM »
It's ok, you suggested some good ideas I hadn't thought of yet. Thank you for all the help.

It's amazing how many game breaking bugs I come across in sims 3. I don't think I've ever actually finished a single sims lifespan.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2016, 11:12:57 PM »
Yeah, the werewolf glitch sounds like it's game-breaking. :( The only thing I can think of while researching the problem. Is don't save while the game is in full moon mode - I think it is? As it may cause problems. I'm not fully sure on this, as I play with the moon set to new moon.

I did pm a fellow Sims 3 player, and he ( @Deklitch ) suggested asking what town/world is this happening in?

If you haven't tried - See if it happens in other towns and with other werewolves?

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 09:13:25 AM »
You said that the werewolf form is bugged so do anything to fix it. How did you get the werewolves ? Did you create them in CAS before playing or did you obtain them in-game ?  Only males are affected by this bug ?  I think that it was some bad skin and now it's gone from your game if you say that they are pitchblack now ... maybe you have used bad cc without knowing and installed them by mistake, bad cc skin can be attached to .sim file and can get bad surprises... 
Anyway, try in-game with Nraas to change the occult type into something else (vampire for example) , and after a while change it back to werewolf. See what happens in game, if the new werewolves are fixed or not ...

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 09:45:16 AM »
That's a really good idea. I was thinking that using a potent cure elixir and then changing them back using an elixir (what ever the werewolf one is called) might do the trick.

Offline MountainWulf

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2016, 09:17:57 PM »
Well thankfully this werewolf glitch isn't something that's bad enough to make the save unplayable. So I can finish playing, I would just have to turn off werewolves. Having them look like that is a bit immersion breaking. lol

I'm playing in Lucky Palms.

Yes, I can go start a new save and see if it affects other werewolves. I know it didn't when I went to create a household. But I was just testing CaH, so I didn't actually play with that save any. Not sure if other werewolves made by the game will end up that way. But I can check and go to some other worlds.

I just bought super natural and installed it, then kept playing a save that I had been playing for a couple weeks already. Slowly, the sims in the world started turning into occult. So that's how I got werewolves. Just sims turning occult. The other occult's work fine, but the male werewolves started off pitch black. It not that they used to be fine and something happened later.

I'm certain it can't be CC. I've never had anything that could possibly have it. No mods or anything like that. Never even had anything from the exchange. Just stuff that comes from EA directly. Worlds, expansions and stuff like that.

I did try turning them human and then back to werewolves in CaS. But I did it at the same time. I hadn't tried turning them human and then later turning them back again. I'll try that and let you guys know how it goes.

Can I get the potent cure elixir from buydebug, or will I have to get a sim that can make them? Either way, I'll try that too if I can.

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 03:39:01 PM »
Well NRass lets me take a werewolf to CAS, which is nice, but it doesn't let me edit their wolf form.
You can edit their wolf form, but only when they're currently in human form. This way you can edit them in CAS with MC, both human and wolf forms. When a werewolf is currently in wolf form, editing them is completely disabled until they go back to human form.
If you want to edit a werewolf who isn't part of your household, and who is currently in wolf form so the possibility to edit the wolf form is disabled, reset with MC first, which will force switching to human form. Don't do it on a full moon night, and don't save on a full moon night either, you would break your game with no known way to fix it.
You can buy the potent cure elixir at the elixir store if you don't have an alchemist sim. You can also use MC to remove the sim's life state, which is safe and much simpler.
About skins, something I'd try to do is install a custom default skin and then delete all 5 cache package files before launching your game. I think installing a custom default skin, and maybe deleting it after if you don't want it, might fix the issue as it might reset skin cache I think. (And even if it doesn't work, many custom skins look better than EA's so you'll have prettier sims)

Offline MountainWulf

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 11:29:04 PM »
Well no matter what I do, I can't get any sims back to their human form. If I change a male werewolf to human, exit CaS, reset the sim and then use CaS to turn them into a werewolf again, that does fix them being pitch black. But even when I use MC to turn them human, they stay in werewolf form.

Unfortunately, a new glitch has popped up. No door in my world will work now. If I manually walk my sim just right next to a door, he'll go through it. But he won't if he has to walk at all. No clue what caused it. Only thing that changed is my dead dog came back to haunt me. I removed her, saved and quit the game, came back and it was still broken. I used MC to reset the whole town. I have gone to buy mode to sell all the doors and buy new ones. idk Nothing works and I have no clue how this happened or how to fix it. I've googled it and can only find one other person having this trouble. They also believe it was started by a ghost. Who knows. But it does break my save completely. So I guess even though I've fixed the first glitch, I have to abandon the world after all. Shame, I thought maybe after four years of playing the game, I may finally finish one sims life. But I've spent days constantly restarting the game (Which takes forever) and googling and everything else, so I don't think I can spend yet another several days trying to fix this new glitch. Unless there is something you guys know to try.

Thank you guys for all the help, you've been really awesome.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2016, 02:23:03 AM »
I don't really know how to the broken door glitch. When my game starts acting odd I usually save my family and house, export both files and do a factory reset and new game. *Snicker*

Sims 3 Factory Reset (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401814#msg401814

Create a New Game
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401813#msg401813

I have this habit of saving and exporting my Sims and houses every so often. And using Save As, give a new name. So that if something happens I can just start them from my last save point and go from there.

Offline TonyTajiri

• Honorary Owner of Jeff the City
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2016, 05:04:27 PM »
Hmmm I installed NRass and now my game crashes every time it gets to the loading screen. Pretty sure I did it right. Or at least, I think I followed the instructions on the site.

I downloaded the base mod for my version of sims, unzipped it and then put it into the folder: This PC/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages

Was that right?

EDIT: ok I had tried the base mod and also tried the cheats and progression packages as well. It's the last two that were crashing my game. The base NRass works when it's all on it's own. I had got the impression that you used the base and could add the others on if you wanted to. I guess I was wrong.
You can use the other modules with the base mod, but if you don't have NRAAS Story Progression, it will crash your game at initial loading