Author Topic: France Adventures  (Read 8794 times)

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
France Adventures
« on: September 07, 2016, 03:31:54 PM »
Hello,

I am rather frustrated when my current Sim goes to France.  I have him as an adventurer who looks for Sigils, Signets, and Chinese tomb statues wherever he goes.  He has all the Sigils from Egypt and all the Chinese tomb collections, but the Signets in France are another story.  Two adventures that just will not come up are the Kidnapper, and Nectar Research Assistant Needed.  I have gotten every other adventure except those 2, and I've read that there are several Signets with them.  I continuously try clicking on the adventure board, but it just will not give me either of those two.  I am thinking of maybe uninstalling and reinstalling World Adventures, but I am afraid that I will lose my Sim and all of his World "discoveries".  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: France Adventures
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 06:04:15 PM »
If you choose to uninstall/reinstall the game, don't worry about loosing any of your game saves. As long as you back up your Sims 3 folder to a back up media of choice you will not loose game progress. 

If I may suggest a couple things before an uninstall/reinstall of WA? Try resetting them, or even resetting everything using Mastercontroller.

The other thing is a factory reset.

Reset Town, Individual Sims and/or Evict Household
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401812#msg401812

Sims 3 Factory Reset (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401814#msg401814

If neither of them work then you can reinstall WA.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 10:22:00 AM »
Thanks again for your assistance Mrs. Flynn (are you the only one who responds to these - LOL).  One other thing.  I've heard of the Master Controller, but like with "rabbit hole", I'm not sure if it is ok to download or even how to go about using it.  Can you briefly explain it?  Thanks again so much in advance!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 11:02:13 AM »
The best I can describe Nraas's MasterController is it's a game mod that helps with some game glitches and works well with other Nraas's game mods. It also has several different parts to it.

I know, totally descriptive huh? Sorry about that. I am terrible at explaining any/all game mods.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController

I use it mostly to reset the town when glitched and fix relationships when broken. But there's a lot more to this game mod than just that. Click the link above to learn more about it.

The first link in my first reply will show you how to reset the town using Mastercontroller.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 02:13:49 PM »
Mrs. Flynn, I apologize for being such a pest.  I am doing the factory reset option.  After I save my saved Sims 3 folder on my desktop and do the reset, would I just need to replace the newly created Sims 3 folder with the saved one?  I am assuming that I would, but wouldn't the game revert back to the way I had it before the reset?  If that's the case, wouldn't I still have the original problem with the France World Adventure?  Please advise.  Thanks in advance.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 02:31:07 PM »
Nah, you're not being a pest. It's all good!! :)

So going with the factory reset option, what I would recommend is instead of replacing the whole Sims 3 folder. Just replace some folders/files. But first I would try a test - Start a new game to make sure things are running okay.

Do not put in mods or custom content. Just go with creating a new test game to see how things are working out. If everything seems fine. Go ahead and copy/paste the following things into the new Sims 3 folder.

-- Folders:

- DCCache Contains all installed Custom Content/Exchange/Store items that you installed through the Launcher.
- Downloads and Exports - Files you want to save = Sims/houses/commercial lots/store content
- Saves - Game File Saves
- SavedSims - Raw Sim people Files that you'll find in the Sim Bin
- Screenshots - Photos taken in-game using the C key.
- Recorded Videos - Videos taken in-game using the V key.
- Mods - Game mods and custom content

-- Files:

* Options.ini - Video and game options
* userPresets.package - Saved patterns/textures/colors

Click the link below if you want to read in more detail about How to do a factory reset.

Sims 3 Factory Reset (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401814#msg401814

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 07:11:09 PM »
Well, the factory reset didn't work.  So I am going to attempt the Master Controller route and see what happens.  Not sure what to do once the application is loaded though.  How would I go about resetting World Adventures?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 08:05:34 PM »
Resetting Everything Using MasterContoller -
Click on City Hall > Nraas > M.C. > Town > Reset Everything.

Click the link below to read more about resetting/evicting household

Reset Town, Individual Sims and/or Evict Household
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401812#msg401812

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 08:10:01 PM »
I read awhile back that the adventure board is glitched. However, I did find a couple posts that have some tips that might help -

Broken Adventure Boards
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/bug-broken-adventure-boards.html

Any solution to adventure board problem?
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=17813.msg334687#msg334687

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 09:52:52 PM »
@skipsmooth

If you find you want to do a full uninstall/reinstall of the game. Your game saves and Sims should be fine. Just copy or move your Sims 3 folder to the desktop or backup media of choice.

How to Install and/or Uninstall Sims 3, Expansions and Stuff packs
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg425178.html#post_Uninstall

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2016, 12:17:03 AM »
Great information, Mrs. Flynn!  Thanks again!  I'm going to try the Game Controller option.  Since I have been playing TS3 for quite some time, I am pretty fearless when it comes to trying to make adjustments/corrections/modifications.  Hey - what's the worst that can happen?  Just uninstall, re-install, and start over!    ;D 

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2016, 12:21:45 AM »
Yep. And if you've got the install files and your Sims 3 folder backed up. It's really simple and quicker to uninstall/reinstall and get your game files back.

Let me know how it goes?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2016, 12:57:06 AM »
Did even more digging and found a mod - Nraas Traveler is highly recommended to use to help the adventure board issue. - http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler

This mod actually replaces the Adventure Board interactions with ones that actually work properly.

I am not familiar with this mod, so if you have questions about it, it will be best to ask questions over at Nraas's site - http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2016, 01:41:10 PM »
Thanks again, MrsFlynn.  I did look over the links that you sent regarding the broken board issue.  One that I tried was to go back and forth under the Opportunities tab, but that didn't work for me.  One suggestion that I thought that I would look into was to replace the adventures board.  But in 'edit town' mode I wasn't able to get at it.  But even if I did, I don't see any replacement adventure boards available.  I even looked in the 'buydebug' cheat categories and did not find an adventure board.  Have you heard of this replacement option?

Thanks in advance.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2016, 05:38:47 PM »
I've heard of the boards being replaced. But haven't seen any how-tos on replacing them.

The only option MasterController gives is when in France click on the board > MasterController Adventure Board > Transfer From > Transfer to

And that didn't seem to do anything.

I did find a mod that gives more adventures per day. But don't know anything about it.

More Unique Adventures per Day
http://modthesims.info/d/579207

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2016, 11:14:48 AM »
LOL - MrsFlynn, I'm just throwing my hands up in the air, my head is spinning so much!  These mods do not seem to show a link where you download them!  The latest link that you sent does give a great description of what it does and is what I am looking for.  But I don't see a downloadable file! I think in general with these mods, one must be very careful.  Is this correct?  I've noticed that many Simmers are very adept at using Mods.  I wonder where they were able to get the knowledge.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2016, 04:33:56 PM »
Oooh you know when I first started using ModtheSims I was like huh? Where's the downloadable file.

Look for a description button, under the photo section. Next to the Description button there will be a Files button. Next will be the Install Instructions. At the end of this menu will be the Comments button.

If you're unsure how to install a mods file, check the instructions on how to install. And if you have questions, look over the comments section and ask your questions there.

Yes it's a good idea to be careful when downloading game mods and custom content. I prefer to get my game mods either from Nraas and/or ModtheSims, as they're trusted sites.

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2016, 05:00:39 PM »
LOL - MrsFlynn, I think while you were responding to my last post, I went ahead and just downloaded the specific mod for the adventure board.  I unzipped the file and now have it as a file under MTS_Outofideas_1628982_MoreUniqueAdventures.  There are 5 choices in the folder, but the one that is recommended is: 10 unique adventures per day.package.  Before I did any downloading of the file, I removed my Sims 3 folder with my saves from the Origin folder.  I then ran the game again to create a fresh new folder.  I know that I will need to place my saves, plus the other folders and applications that you had previously listed into the new Sims3 folder that was created.  But now, would I put that package file into the new Sims 3 folder as well?  Please advise.  Thanks again.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2016, 05:42:34 PM »
Yep, You would put the .package file in your mods\package folder inside your new Sims 3 folder.

If you aren't sure how to create mods folder, see the post linked below.

Creating a Mods Folder/Installing Mods Step by Step Guide
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=9187.msg185282#msg185282

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2016, 06:15:22 PM »
Ahhh...I think I understand.  I will go ahead and create a new Mods folder and then create a Packages folder within that.  When I do that, should I place the package files listed in the Sims 3 folder into the new packages file?  I have 5 "floating" packages applications:  CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, simCompositorCache, and socialCache.  I am assuming that I would place all of those package apps, along with the recommended package app into the new Packages folder I create within the Mod folder.  Correct?  If you respond affirmatively, I will then proceed.  Then the next time you hear from me, I will be all set!!   :)

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2016, 06:29:29 PM »
Uh-oh...what  is the Resource cfg file?????

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2016, 06:33:23 PM »
Ahhh...I think I understand.  I will go ahead and create a new Mods folder and then create a Packages folder within that.  When I do that, should I place the package files listed in the Sims 3 folder into the new packages file?  I have 5 "floating" packages applications:  CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, simCompositorCache, and socialCache.  I am assuming that I would place all of those package apps, along with the recommended package app into the new Packages folder I create within the Mod folder.  Correct?  If you respond affirmatively, I will then proceed.  Then the next time you hear from me, I will be all set!!   :)

You don't need to place those .package files (CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, simCompositorCache, socialCache) in Mods/Packages, only ones that you download as mods. :) Those ones are cache files - the game puts stuff there so it's easy and fast to refer to :)

Resource.cfg is a file that defines how your Mods folder is set up. You just download the file from the link in the thread MrsFlynn linked, and place it in the Mods folder :)

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2016, 06:36:14 PM »
Seabody, thanks so much for your response.  I will proceed.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2016, 08:19:09 PM »
CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, simCompositorCache, and socialCache

These are game cache files, like Seabody mentioned and can be safely deleted.

If you're interested in reading more about game cache files, read the post linked below.

Delete Game Cache Files
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401809#msg401809

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2016, 10:45:41 AM »
MrsFlynn, I did create the Mods and Packages folders.  I placed the Resources.cfg file into the Mods folder, as well as the appropriate .package app into the Packages folder.  The game seems to play alright after doing these actions, but the real test(s) comes later.  I decided to start a new game and play a brand new character with the Lifetime Wish of Great Explorer.  Once I get him into "travelling", I'll see how things work out.  I will let you know what happens one way or the other.  Once again, thanks very much for all of your valuable assistance.   :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2016, 02:02:01 PM »
You're welcome!! Hopefully the game will behave better for you. :)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2016, 05:02:16 PM »
I'm watching this thread with avid interest Skipsmooth and Mrs Flynn, because French adventures have always been problematic for me too.  Fingers crossed that the mod works.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2016, 07:07:24 PM »
While searching on this issue, and trying to play test some I've come across a lot of posts that strongly recommend Nraas's Traveler mod helps by making it act like it should. - http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler

Also I found the "cheats" to edit base camp!!

How-To: Edit World Adventure Base Camp
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27134.msg450526#msg450526

As I've read that the adventure board is replaceable. I just wasn't sure how at the time so I searched out the cheats.

@skipsmooth Thank you for letting me troubleshoot with you. This has been fun!! :)

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2016, 10:03:57 AM »
MrsFlynn, I haven't played the France adventures yet, BUT so far, the mod seems to be working in Egypt and China.  Even though I had experienced pretty much all of the adventures previously, it was so much easier in picking and choosing them.  AND there were a couple of adventures which I hadn't had before.  But the true test will be when I get around to France.  We'll see how that goes when I do.

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2016, 10:09:39 AM »
Ohhhh....there was a 2nd page...didn't realize that.....LOL.  Magz from Oz, did you try the France adventures yet??

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2016, 10:14:20 AM »
MrsFlynn, if the mod I downloaded doesn't work in France, I'll "blow things up (figuratively, of course)", and go with Nraas's Traveler.  But so far, things are going well with the mod I did download.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2016, 03:26:36 PM »
@skipsmooth

Not yet.  I'm waiting to see how things work out for you.

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2016, 06:35:28 PM »
@skipsmooth

Thank you for letting me know things are going okay. :)

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2016, 10:56:43 AM »
Well MrsFlynn and Magz from Oz, it worked!  It took some time because the usual major adventures came up first (as they always do).  Finally, after a couple of Sims-days and after about 5 clicks each, Kidnapper.... came up and the next Sims day, Nectar Research Assistant Needed came up.  This was great since I would click many many times before and neither of those came up.  Bottom line: the mod works.  However, I still may remove it and replace it with nrasa controller, as you had recommended, MrsFlynn.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2016, 12:13:16 PM »
I am really happy to hear that worked for you!! Yay!! :)

Thank you for keeping us posted.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2016, 03:43:43 PM »
Well MrsFlynn and Magz from Oz, it worked!

Which mod worked?

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2016, 09:36:09 AM »
Magz from Oz:

More Unique Adventures per Day
http://modthesims.info/d/579207

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2016, 10:37:12 AM »
Well MrsFlynn, with the Research Assistance Needed adventure, I was able to unlock the room with the 3 holes.  I was also able to get to the "hallway" just to the side of that room.  I was instructed to find the 5 Cerambryx Beetles and go to see the entomologist in Egypt - which I did.  But what happened from there, I'm not sure.  I think that I was to go to see the Relic Merchant and get instructions.  I did but somehow there seemed to be a disconnect.  I saw nothing more on how to proceed and continue.  It may have just been me since I had never played this adventure previously.  Yet with this new mod, I have been getting more adventures (minor ones) than before.  So I do know it works.  Have you had any requests regarding the disconnect?  Would you recommend just replacing the mod I have with the Nraas controller mod?  Please advise.  Thanks. 

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2016, 03:29:18 PM »
I'm honestly not sure what to do. I haven't actually played WA for a long time.

If you find the more adventures mod getting too distracting, you could always remove it.

I personally love MasterController. It's one of my always installed mods. I don't play Sims 3 without it. *Snicker*

I think I mentioned this WA walkthrough before?
http://walkthruwa.blogspot.com/2010/01/france.html

It's the only thing I can think of that might help you to figure out what needs to be done next.

If you've been using Save As throughout your game, you could go back a save, if needed to see the Relic Merchant to get the instructions to see if that helps. Maybe that will help reconnect the dots. :)

I live by the rule of using Save As, using it often to save in case my game messes up. It's been a lifesaver.

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2016, 06:23:33 PM »
MrsFlynn, with Nraas MC, how would I reset World Adventures?  Would I need to go to the particular "country" (France) and do the reset there?  If so, what would I click on?  Or would I just do it from the City Hall in the world I start out from _ in this case, Bridgeport?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2016, 11:25:51 PM »
While I was trying to test editing the base camp I tried to use MasterController in France. I wasn't able to use Reset Everything. Only from the home town was I able to use Reset Everything. I'd give that a try if you haven't done so already. -- Click on City Hall > Nraas > M.C. > Town > Reset Everything.

I think I remember you saying you've already tried taking the family and their house into a new-test game in a new factory reset folder?

If that has not helped, it may be best to ask over at Nraas (Link here) to see if they know of anything that might help. They've helped others clean up their saved games to get them working. I'm just not real familiar with how it's done.

As all I do when my save game starts acting odd is take the family and their house into a new Sims 3 folder, new game and go from there. As sometimes the save just gets corrupted. Specially if you've been playing it a long time or traveling a bit.

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2016, 08:01:32 PM »
MrsFlynn, this will be the absolute last post for my long thread.  LOL  What I did was create a new character, made his lifetime wish Great Explorer (like I did with the previous character), and put him in a new town.  Well, it took awhile but I did get to the adventure Nectar Research Assistance Needed.  Immediately after I "accepted" the adventure, I saved it.  I then started performing the adventure with occasional saves along the way.  Things went very smoothly, and I made sure they stayed that way with numerous saves.  I think where the previous disconnect may have occurred was with the Ruby of Sakhara.  I may have have mistakenly "sold" it.  That's the only thing I can think of.  Anyway, I've been very careful this time with lots of saves.  One other thing - the nectary tomb is HUGE!!  That's ok - it's great playing an adventure which I hadn't done before. 

Once again, thank you for your patience and assistance.  Take care!

Skip

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2016, 08:11:31 PM »
I have to agree that saving often has saved my bacon a time or two. Like recently I was trying to accept an opportunity, and clicked X instead of the checkmark. *Blush* luckily I had a previous save to go back to just before the game offered the opportunity.

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2016, 09:06:15 PM »
Been there, done that (clicking "X" instead of checkmark.  Luckily the adventure would eventually come back up, mainly with China and Egypt.

anything