Author Topic: France Adventures  (Read 8765 times)

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
Re: France Adventures
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2016, 10:14:20 AM »
MrsFlynn, if the mod I downloaded doesn't work in France, I'll "blow things up (figuratively, of course)", and go with Nraas's Traveler.  But so far, things are going well with the mod I did download.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2016, 03:26:36 PM »
@skipsmooth

Not yet.  I'm waiting to see how things work out for you.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2016, 06:35:28 PM »
@skipsmooth

Thank you for letting me know things are going okay. :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2016, 10:56:43 AM »
Well MrsFlynn and Magz from Oz, it worked!  It took some time because the usual major adventures came up first (as they always do).  Finally, after a couple of Sims-days and after about 5 clicks each, Kidnapper.... came up and the next Sims day, Nectar Research Assistant Needed came up.  This was great since I would click many many times before and neither of those came up.  Bottom line: the mod works.  However, I still may remove it and replace it with nrasa controller, as you had recommended, MrsFlynn.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2016, 12:13:16 PM »
I am really happy to hear that worked for you!! Yay!! :)

Thank you for keeping us posted.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2016, 03:43:43 PM »
Well MrsFlynn and Magz from Oz, it worked!

Which mod worked?
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2016, 09:36:09 AM »
Magz from Oz:

More Unique Adventures per Day
http://modthesims.info/d/579207

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2016, 10:37:12 AM »
Well MrsFlynn, with the Research Assistance Needed adventure, I was able to unlock the room with the 3 holes.  I was also able to get to the "hallway" just to the side of that room.  I was instructed to find the 5 Cerambryx Beetles and go to see the entomologist in Egypt - which I did.  But what happened from there, I'm not sure.  I think that I was to go to see the Relic Merchant and get instructions.  I did but somehow there seemed to be a disconnect.  I saw nothing more on how to proceed and continue.  It may have just been me since I had never played this adventure previously.  Yet with this new mod, I have been getting more adventures (minor ones) than before.  So I do know it works.  Have you had any requests regarding the disconnect?  Would you recommend just replacing the mod I have with the Nraas controller mod?  Please advise.  Thanks. 

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2016, 03:29:18 PM »
I'm honestly not sure what to do. I haven't actually played WA for a long time.

If you find the more adventures mod getting too distracting, you could always remove it.

I personally love MasterController. It's one of my always installed mods. I don't play Sims 3 without it. *Snicker*

I think I mentioned this WA walkthrough before?
http://walkthruwa.blogspot.com/2010/01/france.html

It's the only thing I can think of that might help you to figure out what needs to be done next.

If you've been using Save As throughout your game, you could go back a save, if needed to see the Relic Merchant to get the instructions to see if that helps. Maybe that will help reconnect the dots. :)

I live by the rule of using Save As, using it often to save in case my game messes up. It's been a lifesaver.

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2016, 06:23:33 PM »
MrsFlynn, with Nraas MC, how would I reset World Adventures?  Would I need to go to the particular "country" (France) and do the reset there?  If so, what would I click on?  Or would I just do it from the City Hall in the world I start out from _ in this case, Bridgeport?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2016, 11:25:51 PM »
While I was trying to test editing the base camp I tried to use MasterController in France. I wasn't able to use Reset Everything. Only from the home town was I able to use Reset Everything. I'd give that a try if you haven't done so already. -- Click on City Hall > Nraas > M.C. > Town > Reset Everything.

I think I remember you saying you've already tried taking the family and their house into a new-test game in a new factory reset folder?

If that has not helped, it may be best to ask over at Nraas (Link here) to see if they know of anything that might help. They've helped others clean up their saved games to get them working. I'm just not real familiar with how it's done.

As all I do when my save game starts acting odd is take the family and their house into a new Sims 3 folder, new game and go from there. As sometimes the save just gets corrupted. Specially if you've been playing it a long time or traveling a bit.

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2016, 08:01:32 PM »
MrsFlynn, this will be the absolute last post for my long thread.  LOL  What I did was create a new character, made his lifetime wish Great Explorer (like I did with the previous character), and put him in a new town.  Well, it took awhile but I did get to the adventure Nectar Research Assistance Needed.  Immediately after I "accepted" the adventure, I saved it.  I then started performing the adventure with occasional saves along the way.  Things went very smoothly, and I made sure they stayed that way with numerous saves.  I think where the previous disconnect may have occurred was with the Ruby of Sakhara.  I may have have mistakenly "sold" it.  That's the only thing I can think of.  Anyway, I've been very careful this time with lots of saves.  One other thing - the nectary tomb is HUGE!!  That's ok - it's great playing an adventure which I hadn't done before. 

Once again, thank you for your patience and assistance.  Take care!

Skip

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2016, 08:11:31 PM »
I have to agree that saving often has saved my bacon a time or two. Like recently I was trying to accept an opportunity, and clicked X instead of the checkmark. *Blush* luckily I had a previous save to go back to just before the game offered the opportunity.

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2016, 09:06:15 PM »
Been there, done that (clicking "X" instead of checkmark.  Luckily the adventure would eventually come back up, mainly with China and Egypt.

anything