Author Topic: Diners won't leave (so don't pay or leave reviews)  (Read 9890 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Diners won't leave (so don't pay or leave reviews)
« on: April 28, 2017, 03:37:35 AM »
I'm currently playing the Rival Dynasties Challenge.
One of my three bloodlines are restauranteurs (Retail bloodline).
Boosting their restaurants' star ratings takes unnecessarily longer due to customers not leaving.
I'm forced to close the restaurant, which allows these these freeloaders to leave without paying.

To give a recent example, a nanny arrived at 11 am and stayed for 10 hours.
My sim finally closed the restaurant at 9 pm because her staff were getting tired.
Not only do these awful customers not pay, their reviews are also ignored in that day's FINANCES REPORT.

I seem to have one table like this each time one of my sims opens their restaurant.

Has anyone found a workaround?

And by the way, don't select "Sunny Aspect" for your restaurant's lot trait.
I had a waitress run off to jog for the first time tonight and realized Sunny Aspect must have made her Energized.
She gets one more chance! *shakes finger

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Diners won't leave (so don't pay or leave reviews)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 11:19:53 AM »
#8. Sims never leave: Sims have eaten but then never leave and hence never pay.

The link below gives a long list of tips to try to solve the issue.

[COLLECTION THREAD] [DO] Restaurant Problems
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-DO-Restaurant-Problems/td-p/5410235

It's been suggested that if the tips don't work, that you might be able to share your save file with Crinrict (?) and/or SimGuruNick. You'll need to post about your problem on that thread linked above to ask about that.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Diners won't leave (so don't pay or leave reviews)
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 04:11:19 PM »
@MrsFlynn

Thank you for the link! I actually read through that thread last night but didn't find any workarounds to my particular issue.
It's not a game-breaking glitch but does influence a restaurant's profiitability and is quite annoying.