Author Topic: Sims 2 won't install on Windows 8  (Read 1988 times)

Offline simsonata

• Llama Wrangler
Sims 2 won't install on Windows 8
« on: May 15, 2017, 05:28:23 PM »
I know that this is a common problem but I haven't seen anyone have the same issue as me. I have the old physical discs and when I click autorun or setup it asks me the usual do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes on this computer. I click yes and nothing happens. That's it. Same when I click setup.exe. I've tried the suggested compatibility thing run programs made for previous versions of windows. I get my settings of windows xp, service pack 3 and it tells me to test the program before clicking next. I do and nothing happens. So I click next, and finish the process and still nothing happens. Can anyone help?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 2 won't install on Windows 8
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 11:39:38 PM »
If the guide linked below doesn't help.

Installing The Sims 2 on Windows 8 or 8.1 Guide
http://aurna.tumblr.com/post/78528500856/installing-the-sims-2-on-windows-8-or-81-guide

It may be worth contacting EA to ask for a code for Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. They may give you one, or you may need to show proof you own the Sims 2. Reports vary on how that works.

How To: Contact EA's Customer Service / Use EA Help
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21898.msg401708#msg401708
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simsonata

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Sims 2 won't install on Windows 8
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 04:30:43 AM »
I actually tried aurna's guide a while ago. Seems it doesn't matter where the files are located, the same thing happens  :'(

I might give the Ultimate Collection a go. I can prove I own everything except for the festive stuff packs.

Thank you MrsFlynn  :)

anything