Author Topic: restaurant meals not coming out  (Read 10646 times)

Offline LonzoLozano

• Nooboo
restaurant meals not coming out
« on: May 17, 2017, 01:57:46 AM »
Always after 8pm the chefs in my sim's restaurant stop putting out meals for the waiters to serve. Is this normal? I'm always having to send patrons home without getting their meal when I close it at 9. Also if it matters I usually disallow around 7 but the patrons already in still get served until it becomes 8pm. I had one last couple waiting until 11pm once until I finally just closed and sent them home. This has me really confused.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: restaurant meals not coming out
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 02:40:22 AM »
Welcome to the forum  :)

Once you have decided to close your sims restaurant for any new customers the ones seated should still get served. Closing the restaurant for new customers just stops new sim customers spawning in.

If there are too many customers for one chef to keep up with the cooking then try hiring another chef. You need to purchase another chef station too.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LonzoLozano

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 10:21:33 AM »
I understand that. What I mean is the existing customers never get served after 8pm as the chefs never place any food in the windows for the waiters to serve to the customers. So, when the restaurant is closed at 9pm and all the existing customers get up to leave they have not had the food they ordered.

There is already two chefs and two cooking stations. The problem is not that they can't keep up. The problem is that they don't place food in the window to be taken to the customers after 8pm. It shouldn't take 3 hours for food to be made for one remaining couple of Sims, as is what happened when I left restaurant open until 11pm just to see if they would ever get the food they ordered.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 10:57:06 AM »
I found this known bug on Crinrict's Dine Out Issue page. She has noted some work-arounds that might be worth trying.

[Dine Out] Issues and Workarounds
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/06/dine-out-issues-and-workarounds/
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline LonzoLozano

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 06:59:32 PM »
I've seen that. I don't believe it's the same issue.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 09:43:49 PM »
Are you using any mods? Is it always 8pm that causes the issue of 'x' amount of hours open?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline JuliAmandaa

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 06:08:51 PM »
Hello there,
When my sims visit restaurants the cook cannot get into the kitchen to cook the meals. A bubble with a lock appears over her head. The food never comes out because the cooks can't get into kitchen? What to do??

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 03:28:08 PM »
Hello there,
When my sims visit restaurants the cook cannot get into the kitchen to cook the meals. A bubble with a lock appears over her head. The food never comes out because the cooks can't get into kitchen? What to do??

Did you get the restaurant off the Gallery?  Does it say anything about placing lot with the place object cheat on?  Try moving anything in the path to the kitchen door/chef station.  I just had this happen with a bar I downloaded and the Bartender just stood there outside.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 04:53:22 PM »
Hello there,

Welcome to the forum @JuliAmandaa

Since you mention your cook shows a lock icon over his head, you might try clicking on the kitchen door to check its locked status.
You'll probably want to set the door to "Employees only" to prevent your visiting sims as well as other diners from entering the kitchen to wash their hands and get glasses of water.

Good luck!