Author Topic: adoption and rainboos  (Read 1482 times)

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
  • Always dreaming of a winter wonderland.
adoption and rainboos
« on: July 26, 2017, 04:41:09 PM »
I wondered, has anyone ever received a baby/toddler/child with a skin tone from the rainbow slider when adopting?

A friend of mine told me she has, and showed me screencaps of her game. Two of the kids she had the parents adopt were regular skin tones, but the third was a rainboo. (I don't have pics anymore, since they were photobucket hosted.) One of the parent sims did have a light blue skin tone from the slider.

On my game, both parents have the rainbow skin tone, the female is a lilac colour, and the father is a yellowish green. I am curious to see what would happen if they adopted, if they too would have a rainboo or not. The household is technically full, so I can't test it. (The female is pregnant, and there are some other relatives still alive.)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: adoption and rainboos
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 11:56:55 AM »
I've never seen it happen. Adopted kids follow the same rules as generated sims, after all. It COULD be the work of a mod. Was your friends using any?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 12:38:14 AM »
I don't think so. She might have been, but if she did she never told me about it.

On my game, the sim just had her baby, and a relative died, so I'll see what happens. Maybe I can get some screencaps. I don't use mods, so if it happens on mine, then they are possible.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 09:26:01 AM »
Interesting. Do come back with any results! My curiosity is piqued. :P

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 08:53:09 AM »
A little update; all the relatives in my household died, I turned aging off so the baby wouldn't end up aging. On an alternate save, I literally filled the house with adopted sims, and no rainboos. I adopted two children, two toddlers and a baby.

I found I have a back up save on a USB key I use for file back ups, where all the relatives are alive and at least adult. I'm going to make them have genetic families of their own, which will fill the eight sim household limit. I should have about 5 households of that saved in the sim library, then try again. I'll see if Swampertwee's suggestion works for me.

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 06:27:44 PM »
The household I'm playing has a story line where they become immortal when they are young adult, so I can do that. Make them genetically related, then have the kids grow up to be young adult like parents. Thanks for the tip.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 09:59:18 PM »
@Swampertwee: that only happens with the NRaas StoryProgression mod. It's the only way to get automatic facial diversity in adopted or generated sims too. :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 05:50:27 PM »
It might not work anyway. Either I'm just very unlucky with adoption generated sims, or it can't happen. I tried again, with more rainbow sims in my sims library, and no rainboos. I'm not going to give up on this though.

anything