Author Topic: Kleptomaniac trait  (Read 3687 times)

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
  • Always dreaming of a winter wonderland.
Kleptomaniac trait
« on: August 02, 2017, 12:43:42 PM »
On my save, I'm experimenting with the klepto trait, because I've never used it before. I took my sim to a community lot, and wanted very specific items. I clicked right next to the item I wanted, and got my sim to steal. She keeps taking everything but what I want. I had to buy the lot to put everything I didn't want back.

Is there a way to make sure my sim takes exactly what I want on the first try?

Offline me

• Nooboo
  • Idk
Re: Kleptomaniac trait
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 01:39:33 PM »
It could be a problem with the item in specific... What is it you're trying to steal?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 02:04:38 PM »
A tombstone from the graveyard. It can't be that item, because my sim has stolen three already, that aren't the one I want. I have to go the long way about putting them back, by placing them on my lot, then in her inventory, then place them back where they came from after she has finished stealing for the day.

Offline me

• Nooboo
  • Idk
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 02:18:54 PM »
A tombstone from the graveyard. It can't be that item, because my sim has stolen three already, that aren't the one I want. I have to go the long way about putting them back, by placing them on my lot, then in her inventory, then place them back where they came from after she has finished stealing for the day.
Then I don't know...

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 09:47:57 PM »
My understanding of how the trait works is that you don't get to choose the exact item but rather by positioning your sim in close vicinity to the item you are hoping for, they may swipe that. So basically the stealing is of "something nearby", not an exact science.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 12:37:14 AM »
Ah, so there's nothing I can do other than what I've already been doing? Okay, that I can sorta work with. Some of the other items I want, I must have got the placing right, because I got them first try.

anything