Author Topic: How Many Life States in Your World?  (Read 40593 times)

Offline callycat

• Occult
Re: How Many Life States in Your World?
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2018, 12:40:20 PM »
Great job, callycat! You're officially in the HOF.

Thank you!
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2018, 12:41:21 PM »
Congrats callycat on your HOF entry. Great job

Thank you! Starting on a new one now, may be a bit optimistic about getting far at this time of year...
[they/them pronouns please]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2018, 04:53:54 AM »
With alot of updates and new packs comming to this game, we all try to keep the dynasties up to date too.

So its now time for a new round of update the dynasty spreadsheets.
I plan to have them updated by latest 13th January

So if you see something missing in a dynasty spreadsheet, or something not working. Or in general an idea to make them better or easier to use.
Then please PM me.

Thanks for all that want to help.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2019, 01:19:34 PM »
Are the offspring expected to complete the unique aspirations they choose, or are the aspirations irrelevant to the move out requirements?  I'm not entirely sure why they all need to be selected without repetitions if there's no requirement to complete anything from them, so just wanted to double check. 

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2019, 03:11:47 PM »
Good to see you back, Pippin!

The aspirations don't have to be completed before moving the YA out. For this challenge, we were thinking about what might come after finishing -- you could have a whole town with a lot of different Sims, or a lot of different Sims to move into a new save from here.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2019, 11:58:03 PM »
Good to see you back, Pippin!

The aspirations don't have to be completed before moving the YA out. For this challenge, we were thinking about what might come after finishing -- you could have a whole town with a lot of different Sims, or a lot of different Sims to move into a new save from here.
Nice to be back, thanks!
Okay, I thought I'd understood that correctly, but wanted to make sure.  Hmm, an entirely populated town just waiting for the next challenge.  Neat idea, team!!  Good work.  I'm strongly considering giving this dynasty challenge a go.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2019, 07:56:02 AM »
Just wanted to double check a few things about setting up the world for this dynasty to make sure I've understood the rules correctly:
1.  Is it only downloaded houses from the gallery that are allowed, or can I just go in and build homes on my own?
2.  Do I need to download/build all of the houses ahead of time, or can I add houses as I go?
3.  Does this dynasty (life the RDC which also has auto-aging for unplayed households turned off) allow you to cake up Sims who are friends of the played household?  So, if I had a child who was high school sweethearts with Cassandra Goth, for example, could I age her up so my Sim could marry Cassandra and start a family and such at move out time? 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2019, 09:15:07 AM »
Just wanted to double check a few things about setting up the world for this dynasty to make sure I've understood the rules correctly:
1.  Is it only downloaded houses from the gallery that are allowed, or can I just go in and build homes on my own?
2.  Do I need to download/build all of the houses ahead of time, or can I add houses as I go?

We always allow players to build their own homes, so yes, you can do it. And the set-up section says that it's your choice whether to put up houses all at once or as you need.
3.  Does this dynasty (life the RDC which also has auto-aging for unplayed households turned off) allow you to cake up Sims who are friends of the played household?  So, if I had a child who was high school sweethearts with Cassandra Goth, for example, could I age her up so my Sim could marry Cassandra and start a family and such at move out time? 

I read through the rules and didn't see anything against aging up a friend of the household, so sure, you can do that.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2019, 10:48:01 AM »
Thanks, Marian!  I thought I was right about the houses, but I'd seen things about downloading houses from the gallery, so I was just making sure that wasn't an implied/intended thing I was missing.
And I'm glad I can cake townies since I may completely adore Morgan Fyres and Sofia Bergson and may want to marry off some of my kiddos to them  ;=)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2019, 08:21:02 AM »
Just want to make sure I'm reading the rule for its intent.  Does "You are allowed only one wish for a child per completed pair of aspirations" actually mean you can only wish once, or does it intend that you can only gain one child from the well per completed set of aspirations?  I'm asking because we wished, didn't get a child, and have nearly reached the end of that 24 hours, so I want to make sure I don't miss the opportunity to add another kiddo if that should be an option.  Thanks!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #115 on: May 06, 2019, 08:47:38 AM »
Just want to make sure I'm reading the rule for its intent.  Does "You are allowed only one wish for a child per completed pair of aspirations" actually mean you can only wish once, or does it intend that you can only gain one child from the well per completed set of aspirations?  I'm asking because we wished, didn't get a child, and have nearly reached the end of that 24 hours, so I want to make sure I don't miss the opportunity to add another kiddo if that should be an option.  Thanks!

I'm pretty sure we meant that you can only gain one child from the wishing well.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2019, 07:40:06 AM »

I'm pretty sure we meant that you can only gain one child from the wishing well.
Wow, that's great news!!  I thought I'd missed out when the well decided to mess with my already-pregnant Sims' fertility rather than granting a child!
Thanks so much for the quick response and good news, Marian!

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #117 on: June 12, 2019, 04:01:50 PM »
You know, with the new packs coming out this year (Island Living and Realm of Magic) adding Mermaids and Witches back to the Sims 4 Pool, maybe I can ask Metro Man if the Life States Dynasty can be updated for Sims 4 now that we have pretty much enough Life States for seven generations.  ;D

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2019, 04:19:41 AM »
You know, with the new packs coming out this year (Island Living and Realm of Magic) adding Mermaids and Witches back to the Sims 4 Pool, maybe I can ask Metro Man if the Life States Dynasty can be updated for Sims 4 now that we have pretty much enough Life States for seven generations.  ;D

We will for sure add those lifestates in this challenge, for the next upcomming dynasty challenge is already being worked on and I cannot say more.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2019, 08:59:09 PM »
Mer-people and spellcasters have been added to the list of possible founders, and are eligible for heirs.

We removed the do-it-yourself fairies and witches.

anything