Author Topic: How Many Life States in Your World?  (Read 40601 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: How Many Life States in Your World?
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2017, 01:02:38 PM »
I'm going to say Yes.  So make sure the aspiration you give them in CAS is the one you want to start with.

Shannon

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2017, 03:34:44 PM »
Where the rules state this: "Only the parents are allowed to own a retail store or restaurant."

Does this mean the Vet Clinic too?

Or can my offspring doing the Veterinary skill own a Vet Clinic?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2017, 03:51:24 PM »
Where the rules state this: "Only the parents are allowed to own a retail store or restaurant."

Does this mean the Vet Clinic too?

Or can my offspring doing the Veterinary skill own a Vet Clinic?

It will be the household that owns the vet clinic, so it doesn't make a difference whether your parents or the offspring are the owner. Keep in mind that owning the vet clinic does not count as a job.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Annabec

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2017, 08:57:50 PM »
What happens if one of your parent sims dies but not the other? Is the challenge over?

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2017, 09:28:04 PM »
What happens if one of your parent sims dies but not the other? Is the challenge over?

Not necessarily. Your surviving Sim can still adopt, use the wishing well, and get abducted.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2017, 10:11:51 AM »
Just a reminder to everyone working on a Life States Dynasty challenge:  if you finish by December 31, 2017, you'll be eligible for the drawing for a $50 Amazon card.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2017, 04:38:41 PM »

Not necessarily. Your surviving Sim can still adopt, use the wishing well, and get abducted.
Technically, as the rules are written, it never specifies that the starting couple need to try for baby with each other.  Instead, it simply says, "Each parent has to complete a new aspiration before trying for baby, adopting, and/or wishing for a child at the Wishing Well."  That being the case, it would see the remaining parent could still try for baby, just not with their original partner.  Am I reading that correctly, or is there something else in the rules that I missed which would negate that?

Disclaimer:  My hyperbole is merely my own thoughts and should not be read as solid logic for anyone's attempts at the dynasty.  Only rulings by the mods are official.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2017, 05:17:10 PM »

Technically, as the rules are written, it never specifies that the starting couple need to try for baby with each other.  Instead, it simply says, "Each parent has to complete a new aspiration before trying for baby, adopting, and/or wishing for a child at the Wishing Well."  That being the case, it would see the remaining parent could still try for baby, just not with their original partner.  Am I reading that correctly, or is there something else in the rules that I missed which would negate that?

Marian can weigh in here...she wrote most of these rules. IMO it's clearly implied that if both parents are alive then they are the only ones involved in Try for Baby. If one dies...hmmmm. Not a good thing I'm thinking because potions of youth are your go to method to keep both alive and mentioned in the rules.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2017, 05:41:22 PM »
I actually shot Marian A PM on and around this, so hopefully she will weigh in. 
As a disclaimer:  please no one take my thoughts as anything resembling official.  I am merely a reader/writer on the forum and not a moderator   :=)

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2017, 03:39:51 PM »
I would assume that if one parent dies, you could just revive them and keep going? Because Ambrosia is a thing?

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2017, 09:44:25 PM »
I would assume that if one parent dies, you could just revive them and keep going? Because Ambrosia is a thing?
Haha, good call!  That answers way smarter than mine was.  Let's go with that  ;=)

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2017, 11:14:58 PM »
I'm happy to announce that the winner of this year's random drawing for an Amazon gift card is Playalot! Considering the many happy hours I've spent reading about Winston's adventures in her Immortal Dynasty, I feel the gift couldn't go to a better Simmer. Thanks, everyone who has completed a dynasty, and remember, anyone who completes one next year will be eligible again.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2018, 06:26:22 AM »
Spreadsheet for this challenge has now been optimized with missing skills and aspirations.

The easiest way to update your spreadsheet if you already have an ongoing dynasty is to copy the data from the "Lists" sheet over to the same sheet in your document. That will then update all items currently missing, but not destroy what you have already typed in.
Spreadsheet can be found here

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2018, 06:57:28 AM »
Thank you, Lena.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2018, 11:14:42 AM »
Quick question to wrap my head around this:  Do your offspring have to have the different colored skin in order to be considered a fairy, or is it just the parents?  I'm thinking we get a little leeway where fairies and witches are concerned...like we have to accomplish all the requirements for the occult type, and maybe the skin doesn't matter?

anything