Author Topic: How Many Life States in Your World?  (Read 41139 times)

Online LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
Re: How Many Life States in Your World?
« Reply #120 on: December 16, 2019, 03:29:22 AM »
The spreadsheet is now also reflecting the new rules here. Plus i added all missing skills, aspirations etc. to the lists in it.

If you already have an ongoing dynasty, the easiest is to just copy over the information in the list sheet, to your copy of the spreadsheet.

If you have any questions, or find any missing/errors in the spreadsheet, please send me a PM.

Here is the link, and the first page of this tread is ofcause also updated.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16ewb8u92sQsmmiZc1R9eGNSgrp5DYiuTcyuVisMRtNE/edit?usp=sharing

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2020, 03:27:32 PM »
With the release of Snowy Escapes this Friday, please allow us time to fully review and test the pack for changes and updates to the challenge rules.

Thank you

The Challenge Team
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2020, 05:09:50 PM »
I've looked through the thread and haven't seen this come up, but it occurs to me as something that maybe should be asked:  since the Servo is a playable life state, should it be allowed as one of the life states for the 45 offspring. 
Some things that occur to me as to why not:  they are created at the young adult stage and don't technically count as a child of the creator.
However, wishing well children also start older and get to skip some stages, plus the aspect of having to accomplish everything at the young adult stage without having the teen years to build up skills and such presents its own challenge.
As to the "not technically a child" aspect, the majority of the children in this dynasty set up are likely to not be biologically created, so the servo could be considered "adopted" as child, and having been literally created by one of the parents, is closer to "biological" than a wishing well child, for example.
It could, perhaps, be added with an addendum that Servos need to fulfill all the YA requirements plus some other requirement since they aren't completing the requirements for the earlier life stages.  Maybe they have to earn a degree (since they're University specific) or something like that? 
Anyway, just thought I'd throw the question out here to see what our lovely mods thought.  Thanks for your time and for creating all these awesome dynasties!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2021, 01:06:00 PM »
First off, I was just curious if the team has had a chance to discuss my earlier question.

And another question, the rules allow a YA to marry and move in with a townie and to be pregnant when that happens, but would I be able to either actively play one of my YA males after move in just long enough to move in a homeless wife and baby or to move in that wife and baby before move out and then move to their new lot as a group?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2021, 07:14:34 AM »
@Pippin,

Although I answered your question about Servos in a private message, I'm putting the answer here as well, with a little extra clarification.

No, Servos are not eligible. They start as YAs and can't develop character traits. When we originally developed this challenge, it was soon after the Parenthood pack had come out. One thing we wanted was for people to end up with a town full of "characters," Sims of different life states, but also with additional character traits. Servos weren't available at the time, but even if they had been, I think they would not have been eligible. If you look at the Sims 3 Life States challenge, SimBots aren't eligible in that challenge either.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2021, 11:15:44 PM »
Hi, a couple questions. First, do all skills count including the skills with 5 levels? Secondly, can you just use the potion of immortality on a witch founder instead of potions of youth? Thanks

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2021, 07:56:12 AM »
Hi, a couple questions. First, do all skills count including the skills with 5 levels? Secondly, can you just use the potion of immortality on a witch founder instead of potions of youth? Thanks

Yes, all the skills count.

No. Stick with the reward potion or ambrosia.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2021, 02:58:29 PM »
Thanks Marian

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2021, 11:13:36 PM »
Good evening!

I have a question about the italicized section below:
Finishing
When your 45th Sim is ready to move out of the house, take a screenshot of him or her with the parents. Your score is the number of bills that your household had to pay (low score is best here).

Is submitting this score optional?
Also, am I wrong in thinking that this score is a total of the first Monday we receive a bill (= 1) plus all subsequent Mondays until the 45th kid moves out?

What rules should we follow for seasons, weathers, and holidays?  Here are the corresponding rules for the 7 Heroes Dynasty:
Season Length & Weather—Player’s Choice. You’re allowed one created holiday per two weeks. All pop-up holidays are okay.

May we also apply the above to a Life States Dynasty? Should our sims ignore the Lottery thing?

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #129 on: July 16, 2021, 10:05:00 AM »
Since oshizu has asked a question, I will too. Is there a rule concerning abductions? If a Sims abducted and impregnated outside of the 24 hr. window for adding to the family, is that a fail? I know we could have one of the parents join the Science career and get the satellite to prevent abductions, but must we do that? Thanks in advance!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #130 on: July 16, 2021, 12:08:50 PM »
Good evening!

I have a question about the italicized section below:
Finishing
When your 45th Sim is ready to move out of the house, take a screenshot of him or her with the parents. Your score is the number of bills that your household had to pay (low score is best here).

Is submitting this score optional?
Also, am I wrong in thinking that this score is a total of the first Monday we receive a bill (= 1) plus all subsequent Mondays until the 45th kid moves out?

Number of bills = number of Mondays (after the 1st Monday), so that gives you an idea of time. But the score is optional.

What rules should we follow for seasons, weathers, and holidays?  Here are the corresponding rules for the 7 Heroes Dynasty:
Season Length & Weather—Player’s Choice. You’re allowed one created holiday per two weeks. All pop-up holidays are okay.

May we also apply the above to a Life States Dynasty? Should our sims ignore the Lottery thing?

Yes, that's fine for holidays. I don't see why your Sims should ignore the Lottery.
[/quote]

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #131 on: July 16, 2021, 12:10:43 PM »
Since oshizu has asked a question, I will too. Is there a rule concerning abductions? If a Sims abducted and impregnated outside of the 24 hr. window for adding to the family, is that a fail? I know we could have one of the parents join the Science career and get the satellite to prevent abductions, but must we do that? Thanks in advance!

If your Sim gets abducted and impregnated, that's a freebie. Just remember, if you have twins, to move some other offspring out between them.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2021, 10:50:20 AM »
REWARD TRAIT UPDATE:

As of today going forward, the Sacred Candles have been removed from the Reward Trait column. The reason is they are not an actual trait that is listed in the "traits" list of the Reward Store, They are listed in the "ALL & Potions" section. IF you have already counted them, you are fine. Just remember that going forward, they are not useable as a Reward Trait.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #133 on: July 18, 2021, 01:12:00 PM »
REWARD TRAIT UPDATE:

As of today going forward, the Sacred Candles have been removed from the Reward Trait column. The reason is they are not an actual trait that is listed in the "traits" list of the Reward Store, They are listed in the "ALL & Potions" section. IF you have already counted them, you are fine. Just remember that going forward, they are not useable as a Reward Trait.

Thank you @sdhoey for checking and updating the spreadsheet!  Very much appreciated! 🧡

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2021, 02:00:32 PM »
Updates, if needed will be coming, please be patient and give us time to play test the new content and make our decisions.

Thank you