Author Topic: [BUG] MyLibrary - Could not locate the item (Resolved, Mostly)  (Read 10070 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
[BUG] MyLibrary - Could not locate the item (Resolved, Mostly)
« on: November 12, 2017, 09:32:40 PM »
After Cats & Dogs released, I've tried two things to resolve some of the issues I've had.

Please note that I've only been playing a previous save and haven't started a new file since Cats & Dogs' release.
My problem now is that all my MyLibrary items have become inaccessible.  This has never happened to me before.
When I click on any of my own uploads or lots I've downloaded from the Gallery/Community, I get the "Could not locate the item" message.

Luckily, I had uploaded a particular lot to the Gallery so I was able to download into my game last night.
However, most of my builds and households are for my own use and I don't share them, so the Community Gallery does not solve my problem.
Also, I don't feel I should need to share all my households to work around a game glitch.

I've googled this issue and saw the advice about "setting Orign as an exclusion in the firewall."
Sadly, I have no idea how to do this with Kapersky Anti-Virus.
Still, why would this happen now and never during the thousands of hours I've played Sims 4 up to now?

Repairing the game hasn't worked.
As soon as the pack released, I also did that soft reset thing (forgot what it's called) where I relocate my Mods/Tray/Screenshots, etc. folders, start a new game, then move those folders back into my game.
I guess I'll try a different saves folder tomorrow to check whether my issues is cc related (I don't use script mods).

Edited to add: I just loaded my for-tournament Saves folder which contains no cc. I was able to download any of my three uploads in MyLibrary just fine.
Does this mean it's a cc issue rather than a firewall issue?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: MyLibrary - Could not locate the item
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 10:05:23 PM »
Always move the mods folder to the desktop, specially after a big patch release. This helps make troubleshooting the issue a lot easier. :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 10:13:28 PM »
I'm curious whether you've encountered this issue elsewhere recently. Do you believe this to be a cc issue rather than a firewall issue, then?

After more thought, I believe I could see my uploaded lot from my no-cc save because that's the saves folder I always use to build lots or create households for upload to the Gallery.
That's because if I upload a lot or a household from a game where i use cc, it gets tagged as "Modded" even if I haven't used any cc at all for that item.

I still have no idea why I would have trouble downloading lots that I built on a no-cc saves game while I'm playing a different saves game with cc in its Mods folder.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 10:24:08 PM »
Just reloaded my with-cc saves game after removing my Mods folder to Desktop.
Nope, I still get "Could not locate item" for all MyLibrary items except Maxis ones.

Guess it's just time to play another game for a while...

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 10:26:39 PM »
I haven't run into the issue. I started with a fresh folder and new game the day of the patch, but before we purchased Cats & Dogs. No mods, cc and gallery off.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 10:27:30 PM »
Have you enabled cc in the search filters?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 10:55:02 PM »
I think the two of you are talking about something else than what I'm actually having trouble with.  ;D
Saving lots/households to MyLibrary without the "Modded" tag is not my main problem here (since I just create lots/households for upload now on a no-cc save).

My problem: I'm no longer able to access all my lots and households in MyLibrary anymore except for Maxis ones, whether the Mods folder includes cc or not.
So, I've lost access to dozens of my beloved sims. *cries

I found a related bug on EA Answer HQ which has supposedly been "Fixed," but I hit "Me, too" and reported that it's reappeared....for me, at least.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Saving-Lot-from-the-gallery-to-library-has-missing/m-p/5738302#M31053

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 02:53:01 PM »
Sooo... your lots/households are still IN your library but the thumbnails are missing?

Or, you simply can not see anything you have created at all?

(Sorry to be so dense!)  :P

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 04:42:45 PM »
@Playalot

They display in MyLibrary but I can no longer download them.
So, for example, when I click on my Denzel Goth household, I get the message "Could not locate the item." *cries
I don't share all my lots and households to Community Gallery, but I can download/access those that I've shared.

More specifically, only Maxis-created lots and households are working.
My stuff and the creations of other players that I've saved to MyLibrary are not longer accessible from MyLibrary.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 04:46:57 PM »
OK, so does this happen when you are off-line as well?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 04:50:45 PM »
I don't know. I think the Gallery makes me go online to access Community stuff, doesn't it?
I'm pretty sure I was switching between Community and MyLibrary the other night to check what was going on.

I'll be sure to check that the next time I load my game. I'm taking a little break from Sims 4 now. :D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 04:57:15 PM »
Yes, you have to be on-line to see community items but just thought that maybe if you were off-line your library might show up. No worries, take your time. I'm just mucking around with this while waiting for inspiration to hit!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: [BUG] MyLibrary - Could not locate the item (Resolved, Mostly)
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 03:01:58 PM »
Hello again.
Today, while using Origin voice chat for the first time, I went to an older copy of my problematic Sims 4 folder.
I repaired my game and tried loading all the different saves in that particular Sims 4 folder.

I'm very happy to report that, although the most recent 2-3 files share the same glitch, I found several of the older ones where I was able to use MyLibrary as normal.
I'm still clueless what the problem is, but I'm ready to stop sulking and start simming again!
Anyone up for a 100 Puppies Challenge?

Thanks for putting your thinking caps on with me on this, MrsFlynn and Playalot. I was truly devastated at the thought of losing all my favorite sims. <3

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: [BUG] MyLibrary - Could not locate the item (Resolved, Mostly)
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2017, 04:49:54 PM »
Super good news oshizu. I'd be gutted to lose all my saved sims/lots etc. Now that you've got it all working aging... make a back up of your tray folder! 
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25262.msg428634#msg428634

anything