Author Topic: Cannot log in to Sims 3 Launcher! - Invalid email/password error  (Read 11012 times)

Offline ldubinlittle

• Nooboo
Cannot log in to Sims 3 Launcher! - Invalid email/password error
« on: December 01, 2017, 08:09:18 PM »
Good evening!

I started playing Sims 3 again last week after a year long break. Things were going fine until 2 days ago and the Sims 3 Launcher says my email address/password are incorrect. They are NOT. I can log into Origin and my account at the Exchange just fine. I can also log in to the Sims 3 launcher on my other laptop. Its just my laptop. I have chatted online and on the phone with EA and they were no help. I uninstalled everything from my computer- all the games, saved files, custom content...and I used a registry cleaner which appeared to have removed everything else. I have reset IE. I am reinstalling the games in order by release now, and after the first 3 games, I was able to log in. I got up to Town Life Stuff and decided to try to log in to the Launcher and I am getting the same message. I don't know what else to do but I am so upset because I lost everything thinking I could start over :-( Can anyone help?

01.) What are the specs of your computer?*
Time of this report: 12/1/2017, 19:52:28
       Machine name: LORI-PC
   Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.170913-0600)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
       System Model: GP70 2PE
               BIOS: E175AIMS Ver:1.03
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200H CPU @ 2.80GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
             Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16302MB RAM
          Page File: 4106MB used, 28494MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

02.) What is your operating system? Windows 7
03.) Are you using Mods or Custom Content? I was, all downloaded from the exchange, mostly sims and clothing, hairstyles, etc
04.) What was the error message/code given? email/password not valid
05.) What Expansions and Stuff packs do you have installed? I had every Expansion and Stuff pack EXCEPT Into the Future
06.) When did you last do a full uninstall/reinstall of the game? Yesterday/today. Before that, its been over a year.
07.) What were you doing at the time of the issue? Trying to upload a sim to my Sims Exchange account.
08.) Is your game up to Date? What is your current version? I believe so, I did all the updates upon installation.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Cannot log in to Sims 3 Launcher! - Invalid email/password error
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 08:45:30 PM »
Sims 3 Launcher/Sims 3 Store Issues - Can't Login to Account and/or Sims 3 Store Issues

Updated: May 2023

Troubleshooting tips:

1. Clear Edge and IE Browser Data:

The Sims 3 launcher uses parts of IE to work, so clearing Edge and IE's browser data can help with launcher issues such as downloading and installing store content.

View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/view-and-delete-browser-history-in-microsoft-edge-00cf7943-a9e1-975a-a33d-ac10ce454ca4

2. Check and/or Change Your Password:

If your password contains any special characters, it's a good idea to change your password.  The launcher doesn't do well with some of those, for example & or !.  This is the case even when the password works fine on other EA sites.

Reset your password for expired credentials: (https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/reset-password-expired-credentials/)

Additionally, go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads and delete the file labeled [your email].bin. if you have it.

3. Create a new Sims 3 folder, go to: (\Documents\Electronic Arts) - right-click on the Sims 3 folder and select Rename. I usually rename it something like Sims3-old or Sims3-1. Everything is safe in your old Sims 3 folder.

Launch the game and exit it so it creates a new folder.

Start a new test save in Sunset Valley for example to see if it still has issues.

Testing Lots: via Edit Town mode, look at the in-game library - Empty lots, Community lots. Do they show up? Yes?
Testing Build/Buy: via Edit Town mode pick a lot and go into Build/Buy. Do your installed items show up?

Quit without saving.

If all is good, it might be something in your current folder corrupted. You can then start copying files/folders over from your old folder.

If you need help in knowing what to add back, see the post linked below:

Sims 3 - How To: Saving Folders/Files: (https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=16414.msg313134#msg313134)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ldubinlittle

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 08:53:53 PM »
Thanks for the reply! Yes I did try those steps- it helped the first time. Then the next day, nothing I did helped. I have uninstalled the games (again) and am taking it to a computer place Monday. I wish I was smarter at this stuff.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 08:58:54 PM »
Ah okay. I'm sorry that didn't work for you.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline ldubinlittle

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 09:00:44 PM »
That's ok! I thank you for your help  :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 09:07:24 PM »
You're welcome. I'm sorry to hear you lost your saved games. Next time you have issues with Sims 3, back the Sims 3 folder up to a usb drive or external hard drive.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 09:16:27 PM »
This just popped into my head - did you try logging into the store or exchange and then try logging into the launcher?

When I've downloaded store stuff, I usually log into the store first, then log into the launcher.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ldubinlittle

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 09:53:00 PM »
I honestly can't remember if I tried that in that order. I know it's no problem for me to log in that way- it's just the launcher. I will try it. Also- I did back up everything I thought was relevant to an external hard drive. I don't have a clue how to add it back in, or if I should. I wondered if cc from the exchange could have caused a problem.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 10:36:48 PM »
Having bad custom content does cause odd issues, but has nothing to do with the email/password issues in the launcher.

As a test backup your Sims 3 folder from the documents  folder to the desktop. [C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3]

Your backup will be fine and will have all your saves and files in it.

The game will create a new Sims 3 folder next time you launch/play the game.

Before loading the game, try logging into the store or exchange, then load the game and try to log into the launcher.

If all works well, start copying back the files and folders described in the link below:

Files and Folders To Add Back In
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401814#post_FF2AB

Hopefully this helps :)

Open issue Report - As of June.2019

Invalid email/password error
https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Invalid-email-password-error/td-p/1987869

Offline Maus

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2017, 09:53:51 PM »
I just got around to reinstalling sims 3 to my new computer and been having the same issue.  Reinstalling does not fix it.  The only thing that seems to work is to follow the information for clearing internet explorer cache and resetting ie.   It does not last, sometimes it last a couple days sometimes I have to redo it the next time I try to get back on the launcher.  But resetting and clearing cache only takes a few seconds, even when I reinstalled the entire game it stopped working and had to go back clearing internet explorer.