Author Topic: The Nightingale Dynasty  (Read 11195 times)

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
Re: The Nightingale Dynasty
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2020, 02:43:46 PM »
Chapter 17: The Worse Kind

Prom was an experience. In fact, the night was going so well that Echo and I decided to just age up afterwards so we could stay out and find something to get into.

The next day was graduation day and I'd specifically asked Siren to come, to bury the hatchet and what not. She was taken aback but happily agreed. She looked so proud I must say. She probably never saw this day coming.

Of course because of who I am there was at least one rabid fan when we arrived.

*gasps* "It's the Mini Muses all together! Can we take a picture where I pose as the 4th member? Oooh Oooh, no! Let's film a quick video of us singing Orange"!

Lyre: Not the time or the place.

"Ugh! Excuse me! I've spent so much money on cd's, t-shirts, I even have 3 pairs of the limited edition tube socks. 3 pairs per member"!

Echo: Sorry, not today but we appreciate your support.

"BUT I'M YOUR BIGGEST FAAAAAN!!!", he shouted before erupting into a grown person tantrum.

Marty: "Son, you're not a child anymore, in fact you're graduating with them. You've all known each other since childhood. Get it together bud. I'd really hate to have mom come and arrest you".

*Evil smirk* "Maybe not right now but before the day is up they WILL give me their autographs and a picture for my collection".

~2 Hours Later~

*Sobbing* "Mum I'm soooorrryyy! Please, please don't take me to jail, I was just excited"!

Justine: You snuck out of the ceremony after they called your name, stole a microphone from the AV kid, synced your simtooth up to the auditorium's sound system, hopped onto the stage as the girls were called to come up, and started cry-singing "Orange-Doorhinge" while trying to hug each girl...you're definitely going to jail".

"I accept my fate but before we go can you try and get their autographs? You're a cop so you could arrest them too if they say no".

Justine: *Deep Sigh* "...Son.

So after that fiasco, the graduation went off without a hitch and we were now graduates. I decided to hand out invitations to my graduation/bday party. Now that the threat was gone, there would be no issues.

I, of course, invited my sister. I even made sure to invite her boyfriend so she'd have someone to hang out with in case my crowd was too much for her.

I went inside to go freshen up when I saw Coco staring at me somberly. "Hey there sweet doll, why the long face? Have I upset you"?

Echo: "Um, no".

Lyre: "Well I've noticed you staring at me like that for a while now. With everyone else your eyes are full of life but with me...."

Echo: "With soo much change happening rapidly, I've just been stressed out tis all".

Lyre: "Coco do you still hate me"?

Echo: "What!? I've never hated you"!

Lyre: "Yes you have. Ever since prom. I never meant to make you hate me. I was just going through a phase. But I'm over it and you should be too".

Echo: "I am over it and I don't hate you. Never have.

Lyre: "You promise you never will? You promise to always stay on my side"?

Echo: "Yes".

Lyre: "Always"?

Echo: "Always".

Lyre: "That's what I love to hear, my sweet doll. Now! Help me work on my moves. Can't have anyone upstaging me tonight daaahling".

~Later that evening~

The party was spicy, everyone was having a great time and I looked amazing. The heat increased when Mitchell showed up. I never knew how good of a dancer he was.

Apparently our harmless dancing rubbed Coco the wrong way. I paid it no mind and continued to dance the night away.

Besides Mitchell and I were on fire. The passion, the moves, the vibes between us. Of course we had to make the party explode. It was inevitable.

Of course the fates have a funny way of working in my favor. My sister showed up right as we were making out.

She turned right around and left without even making a scene. I'd finally won and it felt great!

Mitchell: "So how'd you like to go on a date with me tomorrow"?

Lyre: "No thanks, you've served your purpose. You have my blessing on telling the blogs".

Mitchell: "Wha! What!? Are you serious right now"?

Lyre: "As a heart attack and also forever, not just right now. Any who, I need to go warm up my vocals. The show must go on".

I heard the gasps and the whispers but I didn't care. I mean look at me! None of them mean anything to me.

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2020, 12:16:28 AM »
Chapter 18: Settle It

As if last night wasn't enough of a disaster....

Let's add a public breakup and another grown person meltdown. I had my friend meet up with me at the bistro. Kind of acting as security in case Mitchel decided to act crazy. A little hint, he went ballistic. I arrived and he already seemed emotional. He was mumbling something about my sister through his sobs.

I tapped his shoulder and he whipped around.
Mitchel: "Lyre, you changed your mind"!

Siren: "Ugh! Jeez you couldn't even pretend not to be such a scumbag"!

Mitchel: "Siren...I don't know how it happened but I'm in love with someone who will never want me. But I think maybe in time...".

Siren: "Maybe in time I'll turn you into a toad faced zombie! Needless to say we're over".

Mitchel: "Ren I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you it just happened".

Siren: "With Lyre nothing just happens. You were just another puppet, a pawn in her stupid one-sided feud that she has with me. She never liked you, never loved you, and never will because you're weak and you really add nothing to her end goal. I guess the only thing she and I ever were able to agree on is that".

Mitchel: "No one gets away with speaking to me that way. I know you better than anyone. I'll ruin you".

Siren: "Oh please, if witches weren't so taboo in this town, you'd be snappin up flies from the dumpster out back and croaking right this instant. Save the tears you're about to cry me for the river you'll end up living in if you cross me, taboo or not".

I turned my back on him and left the restaurant to the sounds of him blubbering where he stood.

I'd had it. I'd been so fed up for so long. Having to always be the person who has to take the high road and turn the other cheek. Well I've reached the end of the road and I'm all out of cheeks. *Note to self* Use that in a song later.

I'd found my sister in the kitchen. She smirked at me and that was the final straw.

Siren: "I am so sick of you ruining everything for me! What's your deal? Why are you so jealous and obsessed with me!?".

Lyre: "Obsessed!? As if you were ever worth it. Don't make me laugh. You've always been the golden child. Always the one mom and dad would whisper about at night, praising you and saying that you were gonna be the one that carried on our name. Saying how you were so special and that they'd have to make sure you didn't fail. You! I've always been better than you, I've always had more friends, and had the determination and drive that you could never possess. I'm the superior Nightingale heiress, the better witch".

Siren: "Oh grow up! If all of what you were saying was true then they wouldn't have let you torment me for years. We were both loved and your feelings were never my fault. As far as friends, drive and being the "superior heiress", don't make me laugh. None of those people care about you. They only stuck around for the fame and perks of being friends with the popular, snobby, rich girl. If they really cared about you, you would've been prom queen after all of your begging. You're honestly sad".

Lyre: "You're weak and I'll crush you".

Siren: "We're going to settle this once and for all. You want this top spot soo bad, try and take it. We're no longer sisters".

Lyre: "Never were".

Siren: "Tonight when the full moon rises meet me at the beach and we'll finish this".

Lyre: "Finally you've said something that I care about. You're going down".

With that I turned on my heels and left the kitchen. For a second I was a bit scared. It was like I could feel the excitement radiating off of her. She'd really meant to destroy me. For a non-existent spot.

The one who was supposed to be my best friend. The one who I was supposed tell my secrets to.

We were supposed to be sisters.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2020, 05:08:14 AM »
I just caught up with the story, and  I just love all the drama!  But still, poor Siren, I hope Lyre will come to her senses as soon as possible.
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2020, 11:33:27 PM »
I just caught up with the story, and  I just love all the drama!  But still, poor Siren, I hope Lyre will come to her senses as soon as possible.

Yeah Lyre is a lot but I imagine some spares feel the same way as her deep down.

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2020, 11:36:55 PM »

Chapter 19: Gotta want it

The time had come. The tension had reached it's boiling point and there was no turning back. I walked down the strand to the beach where Lyre was waiting. She turned around and we just glared at each other. No words just the sound of the waves breaking on the shore. I stepped back all the while breathing deeply, this was it. It all felt so surreal.

Lyre: "Draw your wand. It's time to claim my rightful spot".

All of a sudden music filled my ears. Soothing like a lullably but assertive enough to feel as if someone was shouting at me. My heart was racing and for a moment I was frozen.

Lyre: "I said, draw"!

Suddenly, the battle began and I was enveloped by a burst of pure energy.

Lyre: "This is gonna be easy".

Siren: "Don't underestimate me".

I drew my wand and an outpour of fire shot right at Lyre. An easy block for her but a great set up for me.

Before the flames could dissipate giving her a chance to recoup, I attacked with a barrage of snow.

Lyre: "Ugh! That's not fair. I can't see"!

Siren: "It's called strategy".

As she stood there shivering with hands frozen into a tight grip around her wand, I delivered the final blow. I unleashed a wild vortex of fire that engulfed instantly.

Siren: "Admit defeat and I'll yield"!

She stood there burning not responding. Would she really rather burn than have a semblance of peace with me?

Siren: "Yield"!

After a moment passed she let out a sorrowful scream.

Lyre: "Yield...I admit defeat".

I recalled the flames and casted a charm of healing water to heal our wounds.

Siren: "I'm not like you and this is over, forever".

With that I ran back up the strand and went home. I left her there and halfway expected her to sneak attack me but she never did.

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2020, 03:59:34 PM »
Chapter 20: Immortal Interlude 1(Mambo Milestones)

My day had finally come. All our hard work was finally fruitful. Leighton and Connor woke up early and prepared my ambrosia. After they packed it up I was on my way.

I took a deep breath when I got to the top, not cus I was tired from running up a hill at my age. My body is still in tip top form, I just had to yawn. None are bold enough to make jokes at the expense of the Mambo. Less they feel the brunt of my wrath.

I'm stalling. Time to do this.

I took the dish out of the container and took my first bite. Egh! Full grapes and olives! This texture and taste is going to be one of the worst parts of this journey.

Immortal 1 - Aura Nightingale
Traits - Lucky, Night Owl, Loves the Outdoors, Supernatural Fan, Kleptomaniac
Likes - French Music, Spaghetti, Spiceberry
Spouse - Michael Bachelor
Unique LTW - Master of Mysticism
3 Unique LTRs - Steel Bladder, Dirt Defiant, Hardly Hungry
Career - Fortune Telling
Unique Supermaxed Skill - Fishing
Other Skills - Alchemy
6 Black Ops - Robot Fish V2.0, Aquarium Fishing, No Water Please, Say Hello to my Little Fish, Lobsters in Demand, A Group Reading (Miraj Alvi)
6 Best Friends - Connor Frio, Leighton Sekemoto, Michael Nightingale, Dustin Langerak, Parker Langerak, Molly French
Owned Building - Gypsy Wagon
Owned Property - Mambo Aura's Curio Shoppe (Potion Shop)
YA Museum Pieces - Painting, Photo, Sculpture
Adult Museum Pieces - Painting, Photo, Sculpture
Elder Museum Pieces - Painting, Photo, Sculpture

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2020, 07:18:17 PM »
Scarlet Shayde asked me to stop by and congratulate Aura on becoming immortal! She also thinks that the last picture of Aura, asleep on the ground is awesome.

Dek - on behalf of Scarlet Shayde (and family)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2020, 08:39:10 PM »
Scarlet Shayde asked me to stop by and congratulate Aura on becoming immortal! She also thinks that the last picture of Aura, asleep on the ground is awesome.

Dek - on behalf of Scarlet Shayde (and family)

Thank you so much! Aura would like to add that much like in the picture of her sleeping on the ground she is tired and ready to kick her feet up. She can't wait for a grand-nooboo.

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2020, 08:57:26 PM »
Chapter 21: So It Shall Be

The next night Mum called for Lyre and I down at her curio shoppe. We met her upstairs in her secret chambers. She was peering so deeply into her crystal ball that she hadn't noticed us coming up the stairs.

Siren: "Hey mum we're here so what's up"?

Aura: "My girls, come I've got something to explain to you. I figure it's the right time now that my part of this journey is complete.

Siren: "Journey? Mum I think you've been looking into that disco ball of yours for too long".

Aura: "It's not a disco ball. I'm not going senile or soft in my ripened age. You two will always be my babies but I realize you're no longer children. With that being said, I'm going to just tell you the truth. I am immortal now and Siren one day you too will join me as an immortal as will the next six first born successors.

Lyre: "So...what about me? What will I be to you? My successors"?

Siren: "None of what she is saying right now is true Lyre. She's just been cooped up in this room for far too long. Unlike your gullible customers, we won't fall for these tricks mum".

Aura: "I would never joke about something like this. About the fates of my daughters".

I could tell mom was filled with pain as the words continued to flow out of her mouth. Words however were just words at that point but to Lyre those words were enough.

Lyre: "So am I just supposed to die"?

Aura: "Lyre my baby I...".

Lyre: "I'm not your baby. Why can't I be the one to carry on the legacy. I am more worthy mum. I can do it mum"!

Aura: "It doesn't work like that Lyre. Siren is first born and can hear the song".

Lyre: "I can hear the music too! I can add onto it, I can write and sing. Please mum choose me".

Aura: "I can only empathize with your pain".   

Lyre: "How can you when you're literally choosing her...over me. Always, you always chose her over me. You don't even feel bad about it".

Aura: "Enough".

My sister cried like a lost child. All I could feel in that moment was remorse.

Siren: "Why me? What's the point of us becoming immortal and hearing this music"?

Aura: "I think we have to save her soul".

Siren: "Whose soul"?

Aura: "I'm not quite sure yet. The songs, the dreams only give me bits and pieces. It fades in and out".

Siren: "None of this is real! We're going to all live our long lives and meet our maker when we're supposed to".

All of a sudden, Lyre let out this loud, startling roar.

Lyre: "You're so ungrateful! She's given you everything and you turn your nose up to all of that power and mum you just let her."

Siren: "Lyre you need to calm down".

Lyre: "Don't tell me to calm down. Mum you don't get to tell me I can't have that spot, that power. Relinquish the spot to me right now or else"!

Siren: "Uh oh...".

I glanced cautiously at mum. But it wasn't mum in that moment. Lyre had awakened the beast. The Mambo.

Aura: "I said...that's enough. When I say enough I mean enough. Lyre this is the way things are and so it shall be. I have no control over immortality nor do I control how it's passed down through my lineage. But what I do have control of is this family. Either settle in and adjust or...".

Lyre: "Or what mum"? Lyre asks through a creepy smile. "You don't need me and therefore I don't need you or this family. I'm my own person, always have been. I've always been driven by completing every goal I've set for myself. This one is no different. I'm going to destroy everything. You've taken everything from me and now I will take everything from you before I take my last breath".

Siren: "You're not going to do anything. I'll stop you easily or have you forgotten"?

Lyre: "Hmph! We'll see".

With that she turned her back on us and left.

Siren: "I'm not saying I completely believe this stuff but if you're right mum what are we gonna do"?

Aura: "Don't worry about your sister, she just needs time. Come. I have something I want to show you".

She took a seat at her crystal ball and she began telling me all about the book Uncle Connor found once upon a time at a passing exhibit. How he was recently able to track it down with the help of some of his writer friends and purchased the text. All these rules and regulations for a woman whom we didn't know, or ever meet.

Aura: "There's something else I've figured out about us. When you and I come together not only does the music become a little bit more clear, but I get very blurry visions of something. I can't make out what yet but later down the line with more heirs together we can get all the answers. It's more potent when we're together".

Siren: "Mom, I".

Aura: "Please my baby, just try. Look into the crystal ball with me. You don't have to tell me what you see but I know you'll see something. If you don't I'll make everything right and apologize. Please just try".

I took a seat alongside my mum and she began to hum. As her humming grew louder the energy from her magic activated her crystal ball. Funnily enough, that song began to enchant me. I swayed back and forth. The song lulled me. As I peered into the crystal ball at that moment I could see a utopia. I could feel a nurturing, protective spirit surrounding me. I could see her. Kind of. A smile. Before I could think to speak out I'd lost it.

Siren: "Mum, I saw her! Well, part of her. Just her mouth but she wasn't speaking she just smiled". I stood up trembling wanting to run right out of here and sprint home.

Aura: "Everything is as it should be. I'm relinquishing this to you now. Read up and just remember to live your life".

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2020, 07:13:43 AM »
Congrats on your first immortal!! I felt bad for Lyre for a moment there, but her attitude doesn't really help her cause.

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2020, 02:42:01 PM »
Congrats on your first immortal!! I felt bad for Lyre for a moment there, but her attitude doesn't really help her cause.

Thank you! Her attitude really doesn't help her at all. She's one of the only sims I've had to autonymously pick fights and argue with her entire family. What makes it even more funny is usually after the fight she'll do that diva singing animation and go on about her day haha

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2020, 05:41:11 PM »
Chapter 22: Right Direction

When Mum and I returned home there was no trace of my sister. Mum even called dad to see if he'd heard from her and still nothing. I couldn't worry about her antics any longer.

I had my own responsibilities. Shows in front of the theatre for the elderly and impressing proprietors so I could get better gigs. Better gigs I did get, along with more notoriety.

Apparently the new gossip around town was that I was an actual Siren. I supposedly use my mighty witch powers and cast spells and charms on my audiences and that's how I've gotten and maintained my success. You know as witches do.

But of course, then came the boycotting from the police, other occults, and a few angry hecklers.

One woman almost broke her hip storming the stage with her camera in tow shouting at me to cast a spell on her so she could show the simternet. I needed a break.

Or at least some love so I did what most witches in my time do when we want to meet up. I went onto Wands&Weddings and found a nice man.

Then we met during the witching hour for our first date. It was a successful match and we even decided to make it exclusive. He was much older than me but a great change of pace.

By the first blanket of snow we were engaged.

I decided to take the family with me to one of my shows and let them know the news before afterwards. Of course everyone there was excited. Apparently dad said this guys used to be friends with aunt Bella and he was always really nice.

Mum just wanted grandkids. Echo was super stoked and agreed to not only be my maid of honor but also help design my gown. The night was going pretty great until a few things had crossed my mind.

First, I still had no idea where my sister was.

Second, even at my grown age, my parents are always embarrassing me at my events.

Third, never invite them out to my events together at the same time if possible.

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2020, 06:15:58 AM »
Urgh, those protesters really grind my gears, I wish she'd just cast a spell on them and shut them up, but that's just what they'd want.
Is it just me or does that guy look like an Alvi?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2020, 10:40:51 AM »
Miraj is getting his dynasty day in the sun! Even if as a creepy old man in this one (or one under Siren's spell)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2020, 12:54:35 PM »
Move to graveyard please. Failed due to corrupted files.

Disappointing as I was 4 generations in with two Immortals.

anything