Author Topic: Origin, Sims 4, or Windows 10?  (Read 2147 times)

Offline Jase~

• Occult
  • Legacy Player
    • Jase's Sims
Origin, Sims 4, or Windows 10?
« on: January 14, 2018, 03:56:07 PM »
I'm not the most tech savvy player and was hoping that someone else has ran into this issue before...

Recently, while playing TS4, my computer has started to minimize the game automatically and takes me back to the Windows desktop. To clarify, the game itself doesn't crash or display an error. So, I can easily click on the TS4 icon in the Window's Toolbar at the bottom of the screen and resume gameplay at the exact spot the game minimized. The game itself plays great and no freezing or lag.

Also, nothing has changed (that I'm aware of) in regards to both Origin or TS4; however, I believe that Windows 10 did recently update itself automatically. I've also tried googling this issue, but didn't find anything recent. I did find old threads from 2014-2015 talking about Origin will do that with Window's notifications, but there's never a notification or message from Windows when this happens.

Any ideas?

You can read it here from the beginning.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Origin, Sims 4, or Windows 10?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 04:33:30 PM »
It maybe some kind of notification from another program or windows. You may want to close out any programs you have running in the background while playing games or check to see if you can set those notifications to off. You may also want to look through the various programs you have installed to check their settings.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 06:18:43 PM »
That's been happening to me of late as well (though I play Sims 3 not Sims 4). As far as I can determine, it is when Windows 10 is wanting to do an update, or the time for a calendar event is almost there, or an email has come in. I've just closed down the reminder and returned to my game, no problems. It also happens when I'm playing Civ VI.

It hasn't annoyed me enough to go looking for a solution yet, but I suspect it was due to a recent update in Windows 10, as I don't recall it happening before December 2017.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 06:30:50 PM »
This has been happening to me with Sims 3 forever. Something is always wanting to update. I turn off my wifi and it solves the problem mostly, however my antivirus still complains occasionally that it can't update. Can TS4 be played not connected to the internet?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 06:40:11 PM »
Yes you can play Sims 4 and Sims 3 in offline mode. Log into Origin using your username and password. Go up to the Menu and select Offline.

Read more in the post linked below:

Play Offline In Origin
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21898.msg466166#msg466166
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Jase~

• Occult
  • Legacy Player
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 06:59:06 PM »
I'm glad to see that I'm not alone with this issue and thank you for all of the replies everyone!!
It's pretty inconsistent, when it doesn't happen often I'm okay with it and just log back into TS4. But when it happened 4 times within an hour that was enough to annoy to seek out help. LOL

I'm gong to take MrsFlynn's advice and look for possible background programs first.

Thanks again for the responses!

You can read it here from the beginning.