Author Topic: Rug Rats: Surviving a Toddler Run Household  (Read 50352 times)

Offline IronicBeauty

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Rug Rats: Surviving a Toddler Run Household
« Reply #255 on: March 08, 2018, 02:21:35 PM »
Disappointed that I didn't get to participate in this challenge as I got sick and didn't finish. But, Wow! So many good tips and tricks. I just love reading the strategies at the end of challenges.
@cyclonenic - klepto trait for added income - So clever. I finally thought to use the nanocan after about the 5th test run. @reggikko - using the grill for family meals - genius. I hated always having to use the highchair and stopped buying the stove after the 2nd test run. @GlazeyLady - Using the highchair for sleep - pure brilliance. The time it took to get completely rested in a toddler bed was outrageous and I spent way too much time trying to insure happy moods through that aspect along with the nightlight.

I did learn a good bit through the test runs: No need for sinks, stoves, tv's, radios, bookcases (sim parents will still read to the toddlers without one), most skilling items, and the nanocan is as good as a job.  Congrats to everyone that participated. This was a tough one but so many good strategies came out of it!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #256 on: March 08, 2018, 03:22:47 PM »
Congratulations to the winners and thanks to all for sharing their strategies.
@reggikko - your tip about double beds was news to me! I placed a double bed in my legacy twins' bedroom in your honor (and for the twins, as well).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #257 on: March 08, 2018, 03:27:29 PM »
To clarify that tip: I think the siblings must also be friends, but they pretty much always are.

Offline Felicat

• Coffee Cat
  • Nooboo
  • Resident cat mama
« Reply #258 on: March 09, 2018, 12:50:15 AM »
I know the official challenge has ended, but I think I might do this just for fun!  It feels like it'd make a good YouTube series.  XD I'd still score myself, of course.  I ADORE toddlers in Sims 4.  I think the hardest thing will be their character values, since I can't control the parent couple or older kids.  I may end up with some rather unpleasant teen sims!
Back in a minute-just need to refill my cup.

Offline simemie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #259 on: March 09, 2018, 01:24:23 AM »
I know the official challenge has ended, but I think I might do this just for fun!  It feels like it'd make a good YouTube series.  XD I'd still score myself, of course.  I ADORE toddlers in Sims 4.  I think the hardest thing will be their character values, since I can't control the parent couple or older kids.  I may end up with some rather unpleasant teen sims!

You can move 'em out when they're teens. :) And hey, no rules to say you can't play a challenge just for fun after it's ended! I spotted some from previous years that looked really interesting that I might play just for fun too. :)

Offline Whimsical Peanut

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #260 on: March 18, 2018, 07:12:18 AM »
Finally back home.

Congrats GlazeyLady for the win and than you all for posting strategies. I did not know of the nano can as in my games I automatically go for the cheapest garbage bin and never bothered to look at the others, and it never occurred to me to use a grill so I had a stove & fridge, which caused the stove to break twice and I had to replace it.

Lot traits: Penny Pixies, Child's play, Private Dwelling - that is because in my test Vlad came several times and feasted on one of the parents and I didn't want that to happen.
I had the dad working as Scientist (Nerd Brain/ genius, family oriented, cheerful) as in my mind that was the highest paid job in the lower levels and mom (Super parent/ family oriented, neat, cheerful) stayed at home.

I chose Pebble Borrow as it was the cheapest lot. Had 2 potty chairs, 2 feeding chairs, nesting blocks, teddy's, the bookcase, and a radio (now I see the error of my way) and as soon as I finished building the house I sent the sims to adopt another toddler. After that was 2, 2 and as many I could afford later on. I chose to only move out one teen and keep the other around until the other household was full. That was helpful as the teen helped with the toddlers and the adults took turns at being exhausted  ;D

I didn't focused on getting all skills to lvl 4 as in my error I also trained potty, and I spammed as many whims as could. For some reason the play a game on tablet & watch TV were coming up over and over again even though I didn't have any of them

I wish I wasn't as busy at work as I was and had more time to micromanage the toddlers.

Cheers,
WP

anything