Author Topic: Butler - Xbox One  (Read 3427 times)

Offline Pazzie

• Nooboo
Butler - Xbox One
« on: February 11, 2018, 01:12:29 PM »
After adding 2 more sims to my existing sim, I decided to try the butler out. To be honest I’m slightly disappointed with her. She cooks all the time (just about), which is costing my sims a lot of money. The toilet is steaming green and there’s a pile of mess on the floor, (after a sim done a repair). She hasn’t made one attempt to clean the toilet, not sure if she’s meant to clean up the mess from the repair work. All she wants to do is cook or spray furniture, even though there are more urgent jobs to be done. 
I thought you was always meant to give orders like cooking and cleaning to the butler. Would be better than to waste sims money on food.  :-\
I suppose I could always add a door on the kitchen and keep it locked.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Butler
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 07:32:12 PM »
That's odd about the butler cooking all the time. I've never had that happen to my sims.
If I were you, I would store all the meals the butler's made so far in the family inventory (where they'll never spoil).
You can remove them and place them in the fridge as you need them.

Why did you hire the butler in the first place to clean? My sims have a garden and could always ask the butler to go tend the garden; the butler never harvests from your garden, which is great.
For cleaning, my sims just start a club and make the club activity Home activities/Cleaning and Repair objects. Your club mates will take care of your cleaning and broken appliancees for free.
I think there's a lot of individual variation in butlers. 
My dynasty family recently had two of them (one after another): they tended the garden, cleaned, only cooked a little, and also helped the children with homework.
As for repair messes, my sims first scavenge repair messes for upgrade parts.
They always buy the Nano-can trashcan, so I move a lot of the trash around the house to that money-making trashcan myself.

If you don't need the butler to cook, you can just make a club for the cleaning. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 11:01:32 PM »
It's been ages since I have played with a butler but if you click on them there should be options to ask them to go do... cleaning, cooking, gardening etc. Also the butlers traits will dictate what they do autonomously around the house so try to find out what traits they have or maybe fire and hire a new one.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Pazzie

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 03:03:39 AM »
Thanks for both replies. I didn’t think about looking at the traits of the butler, just assumed they didn’t have any because we don’t customise them. So that’s a good plan and will check them out on her. Bet one of them is cooking 😁. Will have to fire her like you said and hire another one, although why I have one I have no idea as my 3 sims live in a very small apartment, so far. Just wanted to check out the butler DLC, which came in the DLC bundle I bought the day.

To start a cleaning club up, I just do it on one sim and then add the other two? I shall look into that one further, as I have noticed a form a group option, will it be that one? Will they automatically do the house work without me telling them to?
Will have to look into this nano trash-can too.

I think getting rid of my butler is a best option for now until my sims have been in work a while and have been given some pay rises. Is there a way to keep them as young adults?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 11:56:20 AM »
You might consider turning off aging for your household?

The game options on console are different, from what I understand, than what they are on pc/mac. However, this should give you an idea of where to go to change the aging options.

Live Gameplay Options (Click to view larger image)

Go to Options > Game Options > Gameplay Tab. Look for Auto Age (Played Sims) and select No. This turns off aging for the household you're playing.

Is there a way to keep them as young adults?
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Pazzie

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 12:58:23 PM »
That’s brilliant and helpful thank you.

Offline MissSeaGal

• Nooboo
Re: Butler - Xbox One
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 09:37:25 PM »
This helped me a lot as I was having the same frustrations with butlers. As far as clubs are concerned, don't you have to have Get Together for that feature?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline daydreamer

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Butler - Xbox One
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 10:44:40 PM »
Yes, we do need Get Together for the Clubs feature. Unfortunately it isn't out on console yet. Hopefully soon! I'm looking forward to that one.  :)

anything