Author Topic: Martial Arts Tourney  (Read 8145 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Martial Arts Tourney
« on: February 27, 2018, 01:37:59 AM »
Hi, I have a sim who has an opportunity to become the Grand Master in tourneys. I read that he needs to use his cell phone and call a sim over for a match. My only problem is that there is no option for a tourney match. My only options on the call are: send love letter, invite household over, invite out, invite over, texting (friendly, admirer, pic, or insulting), and chat. No options to invite over for tourney or tourney opponent. Does he need to win some spars first?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Martial Arts Tourney
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 07:36:36 AM »
You might try winning some spar matches first to see if that helps. I haven't done anything with Martial Arts in a long time, but it may help traveling to China to spar there as well. Just remember to save the game before traveling. We don't want the game to eat your Sim for dinner. ;)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 10:03:16 AM »
The option to invite the next opponent over for a match only works in China. You can spar etc in your homeworld and I believe in the other holiday destinations and uni/ITF world but you can't compete in the tournament outside of China.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 10:16:51 AM »
LOL Mrs Flynn! To both of you though, this is in China. I'll try having him win a few spars and see if the option appears.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 11:16:57 AM »
I thought you'd get a laugh out of that. Dek is right, tournaments can only be done in China, sadly, but you can spar in your home world and in other destinations. I remember having a couple of mine spar together. It was cute watching them.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 09:06:58 PM »
As I said, this is in China. I'm wondering something though. This thought crossed my mind. I wonder if he would have to have the Sim Fu King skill challenge met to be able to invite a sim to a tourney match. At any rate, I have him doing some sparring. I'll wait and see if he gets the opportunity.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 09:28:15 PM »
I'm not sure if they have to have the skill maxed to be able to invite a sim to a tournament. I want to say no, but then again I'm not for sure.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 09:34:10 PM »
I have just remembered something re the tournament. There is a minimum Martial Arts Skill you have to have before you can start in the tournament. I remember getting a pop up message telling me that your sim is now sufficiently skilled to be able to enter the tournament.

I looked up Carl's guide and the Sims Wikia and found the details needed:

After reaching level 4 in the skill, they can enter one of Shang Simla's Martial Arts tournaments. To enter a tournament, pick up the phone and choose 'Challenge Spar Tournament Contender'. Now a rival can be chosen and declare a 'Ranked Sparring Match'. After the match, the Sim may even advance a rank!

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Martial_Arts

Does your sim have at least level 4 Martial Arts skill?

There is no need for him to have completed the Sim Fu King skill challenge before challenging a sim to a tourney, however. The good thing is that tourney bouts count towards the 75 bouts needed for Sim Fu King.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 10:17:50 PM »
That is definitely odd b/c he is maxed out in the skill. Maybe it could be mod related?

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 10:34:07 PM »
Mods could be the issue. I've never had issues with issuing challenges to the next competitor, but I don't use mods.

Are you making the calls from the Phoenix Martial Arts Academy location or somewhere else in China? If somewhere else, you might want to try from that location before removing mods etc. MrsFlynn should be able to advise on the recommended process for removing mods and seeing if that has an impact.

Another thing - Martial Arts Tournament matches seems to have a similar process to Chess Tournament matches. If one of your sims in China has logic skill, you could try to see if they can successfully get a Chess Tournament match started - there's a chess set at the base camp location in China that I've recently been able to successfully hold multiple matches of the chess tournament at.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 11:54:09 PM »
I just tried the chess thing. He is lev 5 logic, but on his cell phone he cannot invite any chess opponent so something is wonky somewhere. I cancelled out the Dong Huo quest. I'm going to try removing a couple of mods though. I've successfully had chess tourneys before. I recently d/led a "children can (learn all skills) book series and I'm just  wondering. Otherwise, I could use Delphy's Conflict Detector to see what that says.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 09:49:46 AM »
Your Sim not able to use his phone is a bit concerning. That tells me something maybe glitched in your game. Like Dek said, check over your mods to see if any need to be updated. I think I saw that some of Nraas mods have been updated recently.

Also, you might try resetting/evicting your Sim to see if that might help get the phone to work again.

Reset Town, Individual Sims and/or Evict Household
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401812#msg401812

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 10:13:16 AM »
I feel like a HUGE dummy now! I was clicking on the thumbnails of his contacts. I clicked on the phone itself and the option is there. : /

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 11:51:36 AM »
At least the phone seems to be working now, that's a good thing. :)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2018, 04:20:51 PM »
It always was, LOL  It helps to click on the right thing. Most of the time anyway. I discovered that there are times when the phone needs to be repaired too. Thanks for bearing w/my short comings!

anything