Author Topic: Question about aging up outside my household - Xbox One  (Read 10088 times)

Offline galzion

• Nooboo
Question about aging up outside my household - Xbox One
« on: February 27, 2018, 11:37:28 AM »
Hi.

So, I downloaded Sims 4 earlier this month, and have been playing quite a bit, and have come across something that I'd like to do, and am not sure if I can achieve or not, so I thought I'd ask here as I've been dipping into the guide regularly  when wanting to check about skills, careers, gameplay and so on.

So, the basics;
I'm playing on Xbox One (by the way, are we really restricted to 5 saves?). I have things set in this game (well, in all 5 of them) to long lifespan, full autonomy, autoage played sims and autoage unplayed sims is ticked.

I have a household that I'm playing, all created sims that I moved in together aside from one new wife. All are young adults.
What I would quite like to do is attach one of these young adults to Cassandra Goth when she gets older, but the when she gets older part is the problem.
The young adult in question is 91 days from aging up to adult.
I've gone into the Goth household (which seems to make them played sims and so they should act autonomously while I am playing my real household, as far as I can see) and checked, Cassandra currently ages up in 47 days.

Obviously, I could (I think) just play my main household for another 47 days, wait for Cassandra to turn into a young adult herself, and then build their romantic relationship. But by that stage there' a pretty big age gap - not impossible to work with, but if I can I'd like to deal with it all sooner.

So, what I'm looking for is a way to age Cassandra up to young adult without having to play through 47 days, and ideally without losing too much control of one character or the other.

Any suggestions?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Question about aging up outside my household
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 11:49:09 AM »
@galzion

You can have your sim bake a cake then invite Cassandra Goth over.
Light the birthday candles then select the option to age her up to the next life stage.

Don't leave the cake out too long without lighting the birthday candles.
My sims are notorious for snatching a piece of cake before I'm ready, lol. (If that happens, just bake another cake and light the birthday candles again.)
Good luck!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 11:50:58 AM »
Yes, the console edition can only have 5 saves at this time. That may change in the future. However, you can play multiple families in one game save file. Just be aware they will exist in the same world together. You may see the family you're not actively playing out in the world. You can invite them over and befriend them, etc.

You can read more about that in the thread linked below:

Only able to save 5 families on Sims 4 PS4 version
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Only-able-to-save-5-families-on-Sims-4-PS4-version/td-p/6577737
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline galzion

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 01:50:15 PM »
@galzion

You can have your sim bake a cake then invite Cassandra Goth over.
Light the birthday candles then select the option to age her up to the next life stage.

Don't leave the cake out too long without lighting the birthday candles.
My sims are notorious for snatching a piece of cake before I'm ready, lol. (If that happens, just bake another cake and light the birthday candles again.)
Good luck!

So can I bake a cake and age up a visitor even though no-one in the household is having a birthday themselves? I can probably manage to make sure no-one grabs a slice (by doing it when everyone is at work aside from the stay at home gardener/collector/amateur painter, who is far too busy to waste time with mere work.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 02:12:11 PM »
@galzion
Yes, that's correct. It's okay if other sims are around--just be sure to click on the cake and select "Light the birthday candles" after which other sims won't try to eat it.
After Cassie arrives on your lot, have your sim click on the lit cake and select the option to age up another sim. Cassie's portrait should appear as an option.
Be careful your sim doesn't blow out the candles himself, lol.

I usually save cakes in my family inventory (not personal inventory) until they're needed. They won't spoil there.
Good luck. Let us know if it works. :)

Offline galzion

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 04:33:11 AM »
OK, to update you;

Yes, it worked perfectly. Baked a cake, invited Cassandra around and aged her up to a young adult. It will be a few days before I can move her in, both because I need to build the romantic side of the relationship up, and because I really need to build the house up as well - with Cassandra and potentially another person moving in, that would give me 6 sims in the house, and I don't think one bathroom is going to cut it. I've built an extra floor to the house now, although not actually connected it with a stairwell, and there are no internal walls, windows etc on the second floor, so I need a few paychecks and the odd promotion to be able to convert the upper floor into three bedrooms and a bathroom, let alone decorate.

As an aside, just after I aged Cassandra up, another teen came randomly knocking at the door, a friend of one of the other members of the house. I found on inviting her in that I was able to put birthday candles back onto the cake and age that teen up as well. Didn't expect it to work like that, but it was a nice bonus.

anything