Author Topic: Sims Eugenics II, or, The Mouth of Persephone  (Read 37892 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sims Eugenics II
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2018, 11:13:23 AM »
As Cornelius hurtles toward his inevitable death, the gardener gazes and ponders: I wonder if Scarlett would give me those socks of his after the old git dies?
I enjoyed seeing the evolution of your foyer tiling. I would have been thrilled with each of those transformations but see your artistic wisdom in the end.
In such a lavish house, the simpler design looks best.
The loss of your fantastic garden with its well-designed heights and colors is a great tragedy.

Since I started my Seasons exploration in spring (to ease the pain), I'm so happy that you've plunged into winter.
Your indoor pool reminds me that my Sharebears' pool is so very not indoors. I wish it would transform magically into an ice skating rink in winter. Fat chance.
Oddly, whenever the spring weather is slightly chilly, my sims immediately change into their down jackets and wool beanies. I'm hating that!

Soooo, Alexis and Don! Looking forward to see what their outcome is! Crossing my fingers for a girl!
Also, I'm greatly looking forward to your Winterfest! Are you hoping for any Father Winter brood?

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2018, 11:48:04 AM »
Oh no. That's no indoor pool in the last shot. They're standing to the right of the new greenhouse space. Let 'em freeze!
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2018, 12:28:13 PM »
Hah, I re-examined that final shot. I must have wished a ceiling into existence. *sheepishly grins

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2018, 10:36:20 PM »
The gardener seems bemused by Cornelius's last soliloquy.  Maybe he always figured his employer was more of a Macbeth kind of guy than Hamlet.  Or maybe he just doesn't care.

Anyway, the real tragedy is the loss of the glow garden.  My only hope is that Seasons will bring new ways for you to create picturesque gardens.

This is a bit of a random question, but who is sleeping in the tent?  Is someone trying to do Outdoor Enthusiast?

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2018, 05:09:56 AM »
This is a bit of a random question, but who is sleeping in the tent?  Is someone trying to do Outdoor Enthusiast?

Ah. Well. Um. It's for woohoo. It was bought for J Huntington. Portable woohoo. I don't think it was ever used in its intended role.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2018, 11:15:55 AM »
lol

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Sims Eugenics II - Chapter XVI
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2018, 04:51:15 PM »
Chapter XVI.

So we had a few days in Winter at the big house before I realised I need to learn stuff, and started a quick Learn Your Garden save - I posted the quaint house elsewhere. But you're a forum regular, so you might've seen that.

Not long after loading up the save in Winter, the first snows settled in. This is great and cozy. It reminds me of The Sims 4.

Scarlett's hubby is an elder. Rather too soon. I'm such a fan of the Cats & Dogs paintings, and there's a nautical theme to the study. One of my favourite novels is Dickens' semi-autobiographical David Copperfield. And some of the Cats & Dogs decor captures that magical, wide-eyed, and somewhat naive childhood fascination with the sea as the early chapters of the novel. The pictures feel like they belong in Peggotty's upturned boat. I'm rambling.

Here's the family!

I had to remove the club activity of using the diving board, because brave manly men - Don - would actually go out into the blizzard to do that. He's with us until we know if he child with Alexis is a girl. If it is, he moves into Slipshod, if not we try again. Those are the cold weather clothes that they were all randomly assigned, don't worry. If you're keen to see what insane, evil Persephone keeps warms in (and you weren't, but it's polite to go along with me here) that's still to come.

Elderly Wolfie makes his way to be a pro athlete in the blizzard. That's breaking the realism. Poor man.

Experience with another save makes me worry that everyone will be slipping in mud when spring comes.

More moody shots of the weather. Like everyone else, I took a disproportionate number of pictures of fairly mundane moments... because Seasons. In a complete surprise, Scarlett thinks deeply about juice making. 

Moving on, Don got him some hot weather clothings. Don is a subtle, refined, elegant sim. I'm told I go for Elegant, so this must be it.

Persephone reminds me of something out of Dr Seuss. I couldn't not use that.

Persephone's current ambition is - rather optimistically - to be everyone's friend. To meet people. In different places! Friends! And when Ahilac invited Persephone over, she wanted to see that house in the snow.

And who did we find wandering in the snow... but Darling Walsh. Look at the cogs turning in the Grinch's green face!

Darling was a day from Elder when she moved in. No matter. Nothing a cloned serum can't fix. We have plans for Darling!

She's pulling a face because she's completely ungrateful for the present she got. If you're wondering if I ever changed her hair or clothes, no I didn't. So I trust you'll cope with the disappointment. You'll be fine.

Here's the fully decorated "winterfest" tree. I think that red carpet looks really great, and I'm just so pleased that there's space for such a thing in a house.

And most of the household are here for the grand meal. If some aren't, that's not because I made them go streaking the snow. Obviously. Like, who does that?

Katherine was trying to be a Rambunctious Scamp. And... she didn't die of cold. So. Good stuff.

Having completed festivities, the next plan was put into action. We visit the Flints at Oakenstead. They moved in before anyone from the eugenics family could, and that's sad. But! If a young girl was born here, she could be thrown at one of the green Slipshod boys! The catch is that the inconvenient Flints are not accommodating of this. They were a neat family of four when they moved. The mother, London. The father, Sylas. The children, Ashley and Lilah. But now the parents are elders - so London can't have any more - and the daughter Lilah is still too young. That's where Darling comes in.

That's the Flints' house we are going to maneuver into the hands of one of the Cornelius + Persephone bloodline.

The Grinch herself makes free use of the fancy piano. I love to cringe at her outfit. It's too much.

Scarlett is key to the plan, as she is the well-raised child with the charisma and traits able to insta-friend London Flint which is necessary to bring up the "move in" option. Also, Sylas was added to the family club for the easy sauna try-for-baby with Darling which happens off stage. On that Move In screen we aren't going to move any one in... we're going to offload Darling. Once she's pregnant.

The Flint teens eating grilled cheese. Ashley on the left, Lilah on the right.

I like her red hair. But she wasn't available. Maybe Darling will make a nice kid. Hopefully a daughter. Otherwise the Recapture of Oakenstead will be delayed a generation.

Speaking of Darling. She's now pregnant. Took the test. No strawberries available, but listened to a tiny bit of pop before moving her into the Flint household. Hopefully Sylas wont tell whose child it is. He won't live forever anyway. Really, it's pure luck if we get a girl for Drew or Kurt.

That might be the last we see of Miss Walsh. Other good news that happened off stage, Don and Alexis did have a girl, and a greenboo, named Kellie. She's still in a bassinet. When the message popped up Don was moved out as well.

So the side-effect of a group outing anywhere near a sauna is that romantic interactions happen that cause relationships to strain. Here, upon returning home, Persephone is upset with Wolfie for being romantic with Scarlett. Stuff happened. And Wolfie has a long lasting negative moodlet for being caught. You're quite right. Wolfie and Scarlett are a couple. Katherine is their child. So for Persephone to be upset... yeah. Maybe everyone can have breakfast in their own rooms away from each other for a day?

So we've seen Alexis and her brood. But the forgotten sister Rosalind did have one child with Gavin. Meet Miss Alaina Davenport.

Considering her mother... wow. She's gorgeous. I'm all amazement. Gavin has a nice and neutral face and seems to have passed on most of the good features. Maybe we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves - sometimes childhood is misleading and weirdness shows as a teen. She might get weird. But on the whole, I am greatly encouraged. Lets face it, her mother Ros is a bit of a fright. 

-----

I can't tell you what thrilling things happen next because I only have 4 or 5 pictures left, so apart from Apollo coming back again (and a picture of Ms Whitman's house in the distance) this is all caught up. It's still winter. Scarlett has her adult birthday tomorrow on New Year's Eve, and Friday in spring we'll get to see Katherine as a teen.   

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2018, 10:11:14 PM »
Before I get all distracted by your grinch and all the dry wittiness, I'd like to say I'm glad you did a Paint by Reference of your lovely front garden before it was sent away.
Isn't that what the painting over the fireplace depicts? (Erm, Persephone is streaking!?)
I love the shot of elderly Wolfgang, valiantly steeling himself against the blizzard to trudge off to work. Such drama!
Hahaha, Don Lothario's hot weather outfit! Where is his Tom Jones gold-chain necklace?
Are Darling and Katherine in their swimwear by the Christmas tree because of the diving club activity?

Persephone's cold weather outfit is hilarious, especially coupled with her posture! Oh, the machinations!
Lol, I thought Darling would be "offered" to the Flints but, no, she was offloaded like a sack of coal. Crossing my fingers for a girl.
Those Flint teens are both lovely, though! So is Ahilac's manor in the snow!
Haha, cracked up over the confusion that is Wolfgang with his mother-in-law! You reap what you sow, baby boy!

Wow, Alaina Davenport is extremely pretty! Totally worth all that visiting and waiting in Selvadorada, hey?
Wait, who is Apollo? I recently read "The Song of Achilles" which has made me feel very anti-Apollo. (>_<)
Looking forward eagerly to your next update where we meet Katherine as a teen!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2018, 03:57:04 PM »
Pfft. I never said Persephone was streaking! I cannot confirm or deny these outlandish accusations. (But she was. Yes. She's insane after all.)

You're totally right about Don needing a gold necklace. Missed opportunity. Yes, it's the club activity. And otherwise the diving board is a fun object that wouldn't get used. I have discovered that in hot weather swimwear will also cool a sim down.

Totally worth finding Gavin for that. I did not expect a grandchild of Cornelius & Persephone look so... human. Katherine is still all angles. I guess another thing is to have a look at Giancarlo as a child.

Apollo is the good natured hound that finds his way into every picture. He doesn't like the winter though. He's stuck inside and wants walks when there's a blizzard. When Persephone meets Grim and there's that extra space in the house for puppies, I'll try for the gen 3 dog.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Sims Eugenics II
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2018, 04:43:04 AM »
Update.

I occasionally visit and lurk and feel bad that I'm not updating this. But, there are too many other saves I dip into, and the time it takes to sort out screenshots and write witless sweet nothings... I can't see myself getting back to this. And this can be moved to the graveyard in due course.

But. There's a lot of cool stuff in the world. Pretty much every half decent house from other saves I've plopped in here, including the Vlad's Nose house as it was in its final moments set up for the wedding. That's in Newcrest next door to Ahilac. Also in Newcrest is the tiny 20x15 Babs L'Amour house. There's a family of odd blue sims, the Whitman family, which are children of Cornelius with the maid Katrina. I gave her a house in Brindleton Bay. It's a nice enough house (possibly slightly incomplete), but it hasn't been shown here. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YLA89FrDANF5HArjlPaCqlQ9Q5AADcf2

On a technical note, you may have to renumber the save. Is save #29 a low number? But someone out there might want to poke around. Maybe not. Maybe nothing could be more boring. :) I hope it's okay to share the link.   

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2018, 11:44:28 PM »
My word! That's generous! And, no, 29 is not a particularly high number, but it's one that's mercifully unoccupied in my saves folder at the moment, or was until a few seconds ago.
I, too, feel guilty for not being around so much, so I don't really have a right to complain about not being able to read about the further adventures of Windmilles, Wine, and Ahilac, but I'm very grateful to have their houses to poke around in. And you'd better believe I will! Thanks so much for sharing them.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2018, 02:08:00 AM »
I nearly tagged you and a few others but it would feel presumptuous.

This save started pre-Seasons, and that's evident in the houses that were plopped down for Alexis and Ros, and a few others. When I decided to share the save I added Arid Ridge, Comfy Cubby, Oak Alcove, and the Vlad's Nose house. They weren't part of the save until this point.

Since Seasons, I've gone back to some of the originals - like the Flint's house - and updated it. That one and the Whitman's house aren't up-to-date in the Windmilles & Wine save. This is my problem. When Seasons came out, I went back to other saves to bring those houses up to scratch and to learn the new mechanics so I'd know what to do with Windmilles & Wine. And I enjoy that because there's no self-imposed pressure to update a story. And then I feel I can't go back to Windmilles & Wine, as much as I want to see Kate as a teen, because then I must document it all.

The plan is to have an avenue of money trees. It soon becomes unnecessary to harvest them because the money is just obscene, but I like the yellowness. From a design perspective they're interesting, just it takes so long to get them in large numbers. And I had literally just finished that whole garden thing of perfect spliced alien plants when Seasons pulled the rug out and made it useless. That was deflating and took a lot of motivation away. The garden took longer to establish than the house did. 

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2018, 04:35:29 AM »
Katherine as a teen.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2018, 06:30:14 AM »
Children of Cornelius with THE MAID! Gasp!

Jax Whitman

Dexter / Maurice Whitman, twins. They inherited their father's pink hair. That's not my doing.

Kamila Whitman

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2019, 06:00:09 PM »
Wow, those are some faces on those kids. They sort of have a default expression like they've sucked a lemon, don't they?
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty