Author Topic: Crashes upon opening?  (Read 1756 times)

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
Crashes upon opening?
« on: April 01, 2018, 03:20:45 PM »
So the other day I uninstalled half my packs because my computer was being slow, but now with less packs (litterally 1 stuff pack and no spa day or outdoor retret) my game has decided that it is going to crash whenever I open it. It gets to the "sims 4" title screen but then will minimise itself and if you put it back to full size it remains a white screen.

However it only gets that far of you click through the max is loading screen? Is this a known glitch ? I have repaired my game fully too so it's not that
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Crashes upon opening?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 03:38:58 PM »
I'm not an expert so I can't offer any advice. Just wanted to stop by and say I'm sorry your game is giving you so much trouble. :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 04:48:37 PM »
Thank you oshizu and it's started crashing randomly too it's just done it now again! It didn't even save...

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 08:10:08 PM »
You can try these tips:

1. Turning off Origin In-Game
Open Origin, Select Origin > Application Settings > Origin In Game and deselect or turn Off to disable Origin In Game.

2. Start the game in Windowed mode -- In the Origin Client, go to the Games Library tab, and right click on the Sims 4 Cover and select Game Properties - In the Command Line Arguments, add the following text: -w and click Okay. If this doesn't work, try: -w und

3. Make sure drivers are up to date
http://help.ea.com/en/article/finding-devices-and-updating-drivers/

4. Try a Sims 4 factory reset and a new game save without mods/cc.

Try a Sims 4 Factory Reset - (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29292.msg401669#msg401669

More tips can be found in the post linked below:

General Crashing Issues/Stopped Working
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29308.msg408903#msg408903
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 07:10:52 PM »
@wa-wa-world

This is an obvious question, but you revised your Config file to reflect the absence of the packs you uninstalled, right?
My games are always glitch city but, as a last resort, a Factory Reset usually makes them playable again.

Good luck! I'm having withdrawals without my weekly Keeping Up with the Calientes update!

Edited to add: I deleted my question about the Config file because that was the result of a memory failure on my part. *blushes in shame
See my next post below for correct info.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 07:32:34 AM »

@oshizu I have not and I also do not know what that means haha I've just been ignoring the problem and hoping it goes away . How do I revise a config file?
And fear not I am litterally 5 generations ahead rn so I have more than enough to write with so the game being slightly broken is totally fine for now haha

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 11:35:12 AM »
@wa-wa-world

All of MrsFlynn's suggestions are gold. In her previous post, you can find instructions on how to do a factory reset under #4.
I remembered wrongly about the "revise Config file" thing. Here's the actual link with instructions:

Disabling Single Packs:
The method below is known to work for PC users. (The method is different for Mac users.)
https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2017/03/disable-single-packs/

Pack Codes
And you can find the codes the different packs below:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_4#Expansions,_add-ons_and_editions

Oh WOW, you've already played your Townie Dynasty Calientes already up to Gen5!!!
Good luck. I really hope you find out what's wrong with your computer and fix it!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 01:12:12 PM »
Right so I think I did everything right the first time and I've done it again and everything is still the same. Once I've finished my caliente dynasty I think I am actually gonna just upload everyone to the gallery (that isn't already there) and delete ALL my save files and re install the whole game as a blank and hope that works?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 02:26:30 PM »
If you've tried all the tips in the crashing tips thread twice now, it maybe a good idea to try a uninstall and fresh install. Don't forget to run a registry cleaner either before installing or after.

The instructions below will help explain what I'm talking about.

Uninstall/Reinstall the Origin
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21898.msg431239#msg431239
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *