Author Topic: Will this PC run The sims 3&4?  (Read 2419 times)

Offline js0403

• Nooboo
Will this PC run The sims 3&4?
« on: April 14, 2018, 06:09:09 AM »
Hello  :)

I'm not a technical person at all, however looking at the recommended specs for both games this PC does seem like it should run the game well:

AMD A8 9600 (3.40 GHz) Hex Core Processor
2x4GB DDR4 Crucial Memory
1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s 64MB HDD
On-board Radeon R7 Graphics
Asus Prime A320M-K Motherboard

I'm debating whether to buy the PC or not but the cruicial factor for me is if it will play the current and any future expansion packs that may come out, if anyone could advise? Would appreciate it!

Thank you in adavance  :)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Will this PC run The sims 3&4?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 11:02:35 AM »
I'm not super technical myself and this is a personal opinion, but I stay away from anything AMD now because of a bad experience.  I also know that you want at least 8 gigs of ram, but more would be better I think.  An on board graphics card is ok, but you won't be able to play it on the high settings.  That's my 2 cents.  Hopefully someone who knows more than I do will come along and give you a more definitive answer ^^ And welcome to the forum.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Will this PC run The sims 3&4?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 12:47:46 PM »
Shewolf is very right on this. I wouldn't recommend this computer, as it is under recommended specs.

The AMD A processors aren't made for gaming they are more of a daily task, office/school type. You'll definitely want 8 to 16 GB system memory, and a dedicated video card, with 1 to 2 (or more) graphics memory.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything