Author Topic: The Magical Sharebears Legacy- 2.4: Sisterly Matters  (Read 11004 times)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: A New Sharebears Legacy- 1.7.5 Heir Vote and Candidate Info
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2018, 11:05:50 AM »
Okay, I voted.  Thanks for laying out their future plans.  It was still a tough choice, but that helped.  Good luck to all of them because they are all great!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2018, 06:55:54 PM »
Team Sophie!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2018, 05:42:00 PM »
I mean, really, one configuration results in a supervillain. There's a correct path here, even if I think I like Bodhi the most.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2018, 02:56:38 PM »
Ooo, such lovely candidates!  I love the additional story line bits ^^  It was hard to choose!

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
A New Sharebears Legacy- 1.7.9 Poll Closed! Heir/Cadet Announcement
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2018, 07:59:01 AM »
Hi, everyone! My updates, such as they are, are going to slow down a bit in the near future because I am probably going to be moving.

That said, here are the final votes!

The Heir!!
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

I won't even go into how surprised I am at this vote. Good job, Sophie! May your reign be long and fortuitous.

The...Cadet?

Okay, so obviously the Gen 2 Cadet vote ended in a tie. I seriously did not expect that, that is amazing. So, what did I do about it? Well, I decided to combine the options. Bodhi will be the official cadet (as the votes for Sophie wanted Bodhi as the Heir) but Ginny will become a Super Villain and assist with the Death Collection. Geordi will be the first one moved out but he will be aiming for Gold medals in all of his Party Animal Social Events and will get one of each type (save toddlers unless Sophie has kids really quickly). Thanks for your votes, everyone! I really appreciate it.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
Re: A New Sharebears Legacy- 1.7.9 Poll Closed! Heir/Cadet Announcement
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2018, 12:53:46 PM »
Wooh! While not the option I voted for, this is the arrangement that best suits my preferences, so it'll be a very fun result to look forward to.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2018, 09:53:58 PM »
Congrats to Sophie! She'll make a terrific heir but all the siblings are great!
I'm glad to hear all three will be staying in the house, at least until Geordi completes Party Animal.

All the best with your move!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2018, 04:57:35 AM »
Congrats Sophie. But i am glad Bodhi is staying too.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2018, 07:49:02 PM »
I love the curly hair on Ellie, and Raj is certainly looking good, but those adorable kids steal the show! 

I agree about the San Myshuno sims!  It's so nice that they have good skills and some career progress.

And it was really nice of you to share all the math and calculations!  Looking forward to more of your story.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
Interlude
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2018, 12:44:05 PM »
Um, hi, everyone. How's it going? So, just to let you all know, Green took her wrath out on me again. Thankfully, she only got most of my screenshots for Gen 2. I suspect Black had a hand in diverting Green's full wrath. Then again, I'm getting error after error trying to post this so maybe Green was just more surgical than I give her credit for. The game continues (thankfully), and I'm writing an update to cover most of what you missed but in the meantime, have a guessing game!

Which of these kids belong to Bodhi and which ones belong to Sophie? Have fun!

Sweet!

Cute!

Nice job!

Wow!

Amazing!

Is it hot in here or what?

How handsome!

Well, one thing is certain: Sharebear descendants are all good-looking no matter their style or personality. Thanks again for being so patient with me, everyone. I'll post the overview first, then the survey with the Gen 3 candidates, and then the Gen 3 stuff. Hopefully that'll give you guys enough to make a great choice. Also, side note: Elektra Faust will most likely be our Gen 3 spouse as she has the unused traits and is friendly with all heirs. So, welcome to the family, Elektra!

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
Re: The Magical Sharebears Legacy- Interlude
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2018, 10:18:38 AM »
Hello again! So, where were we?

Oh, right.

So, after the heir vote came down, everyone reacted their own way:

Like most high-achieving kids who suddenly run into their first wall, Bodhi fell into an existential crisis. But with the help of many bar patrons, one lovely bar tender, and a good makeover, he eventually came through it, completing Friend of the World along the way.

Makeover:

Sophie freaked out a bit. Okay, a lot. As a Childish sim, she doesn't react well to new responsibilities. Her little crisis involved spending every single second of the day creating items to be sold for the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration. Completing it as quickly as possible became her obsession, one which only Geordi could pull her out of. Along this journey, she mastered Handiness and Painting.

During one of Geordi's Enforced Fun Times(tm), the teens/YA went to Granite Falls. After getting the mascot's blueprints, a young man introduced himself to Sophie. Jarrett Webster, the local Granite Falls Ranger. Let me set the scene for you from Jarrett's perspective: you're minding your own business when these kids show up, okay, fine, when the younger boy asks you to go find his sister so they can play horseshoes. So you go looking around only to see this teenage girl, a little frazzled, sitting before the mascot like some worshiper and playing with a monster toy she probably should have outgrown by now. But she seems sweet so you introduce yourself and the two of you get to talking. She's wildly creative and fun, and she's impressed with all of your gardening and fishing know-how. She makes you laugh, you calm her down, and suddenly you find yourself asking her to gaze at the stars with you.

Yeah, Jarrett was super sweet and friendly with Sophie from the word go. At this point, I was strongly debating whether to make Ginny the Primary Spouse for Gen 2 because none of Sophie's other age-mates had three unique traits. Jarrett, fortunately, did. He also brought several unique skills to the table. The only major obstacle to Sophie's true love was house space: every slot was full. Geordi was steadily working towards Party Animal but it was going rather slowly and I wasn't comfortable leaving Jarrett out of the household for too long.

Fortunately for me, Ginny caught Salim and Raj in the spa out back. Normally, I hate these things because everyone cheats on everyone else with them and I can't deal with that moodlet stress but I do keep them around for pollinating purposes and just make woohoo a banned activity. Until now, no one else had actually done anything with it so I thought it was okay. Lol, nope. Salim and Raj's little schtick started affecting everyone around them. Ginny, future Villain that she was, did something about it. And by something I mean trapped Raj in the spa and let him expire of overheating. Oops? As a player, I've never intentionally killed any sims, just never had the stomach for it. It hurt but gave us the opening we needed to move in Jarrett.

Meet Jarrett, he Loves the Outdoors, is Neat and a Perfectionist.

Sophie, Geordi, and Ginny grew up. Fortunately, Sophie and Jarrett had time to take things slow. She dedicated a Folksy Violin piece to him and a Classical piece to herself. Not being musically inclined himself, Jarrett loved it. She still plays it for him while he makes the WORST attempts at art I've ever seen, it's adorable. Jarrett joined the new Gardener career and maxed both Gardening and Fishing while Sophie joined the Critic career and Ginny the Secret Agent. Bodhi flew through the Business ranks, by the by. It was super impressive.

Ellie and Salim made up but decided that it would be better for Salim to join Geordi and Penny in a new house once Salim and Penny maxed their careers. Salim stalled as long as he could (seriously, Penny finished her second career before Salim did his first) but eventually gave in rather than become the next target of Ginny's death collection. She expanded it by blackmailing Bodhi. During the wild early days of Young Adulthood, Bodhi decided that Serial Romantic was the next logical step for the most Charismatic Man in the World. There were two women he was starting to take seriously but he had to complete the aspiration first before he could settle down. Ginny told one and threatened to tell the other if he didn't help out. So Bodhi chose poor old Don Lothario, seduced him, and watched him die of Overexertion. Yeah. At least Grim became his steady, sometimes romantic partner out of it. Hey, someone had to complete the Grilled Cheese aspiration.

But the next phase of the dynasty began, first with Sophie and Jarrett eloping, then with their first child. During this time, Green struck again, first by causing a fire on the neighboring Delgado lot and refusing to allow Ginny to leave, even though she hadn't even gone in and the fire just wasn't burning out or destroying the property. It took several tries to fix it but eventually we did. In the madness, Ginny met Evie and the two quickly...got along like a house on fire. Ginny and Bodhi quickly found themselves in similar positions, both which much older loves that they would like to keep around as long as possible. The two talked a lot over card games and swapped tactics. And they were pretty much the same: get the women pregnant and keep them that way until your oldest is a teen to prevent your kids from disappearing into the aether when their mothers died of old age.

Back in the land of not-so-dire relationships, Sophie and Jarrett welcomed Jersey, the oldest, followed by Indi, and eventually Georgie. Of course their shared nerdiness led them to naming their kids after states. Ellie loved her grandkids, Jersey most of all though everyone agreed that Nichole, Bodhi's only daughter, was the cutest.

And I think that's where the story picks up. Thanks again for reading, everyone, and have a good day. Gen 3 starts soon.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: The Magical Sharebears Legacy- 2.all A summary
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2018, 11:39:56 AM »
Yay!  It's nice to see your Sharebears back!  I'm sorry you've been having problems with your game, but thanks for the update on what we missed.  Jarrett looks like a lucky find-- handsome, plus three unique traits. 

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
The Magical Sharebears Legacy- 2.3: Hail, Hail, the Gang's All Here
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2018, 11:37:54 AM »

Are you ready for this, Ellie?

"Hmm? You know, Wizard, I didn't think I would be but just holding little Indi here makes me feel ready for it. I feel like I've been waiting for this for a while," she said with a bright smile.

I know the feeling intimately.

Ellie laughed. "Of course you do. Now, little lady, time to age up. You want to be mobile for the big party tonight."

"Whee!" Indi giggled and immediately raced away.

"Indi! You need to be changed, come back," Ellie called but the little toddler was already out the door.

"Hey, baby girl, what's happening?" Jarrett laughed as the toddler grabbed his leg.

"Pway!!" she squealed.

Jarrett happily obliged as Ellie caught up with them.

"Jarrett, would you get her ready for the party? Sophie's baking the cakes and Bodhi and I are gathering the family."

"Sure, Ms. Sharebear," Jarrett said as he gathered Indi in his arms.

"It's Ellie, Jarrett, you've lived here how long?"

"Long enough to still be intimidated by you," he laughed then said, "And Ginny. She doesn't like people disrespecting you or Sophie."

"You're family, relax. Enjoy yourself, mother-in-law's orders."

"Yes, ma'am," he smiled then herded Indi to the closet.

"Mama, hug please," Jersey said.

"A nice big one?" Sophie asked.

"Yes, yes," Jersey said as she snuggled her mama's shoulder then said, "No more baby, Mama."

Sophie laughed. "Last one, then we're done, I promise."

"No, just Indi," Jersey demanded.

"You'll learn to love them just like you do Indi."

"Do not," Jersey griped.

"Daddy! Hi!"

"Nicole, sweetie, oh, what are you doing here so early?"

"It's my birthday too and I wanted to get here before the snow," she explained cheerfully, "Momma and the boys are coming later. It's her birthday, too."

"Oh, sweetheart, no one's going to forget your birthday."

"I know, can I play on the pirate ship?"

"Homework done, I presume?" Bodhi teased.

Nicole rolled her eyes. "Of course, Daddy. I'm not dumb."

"Have fun, kiddo."

Penny, welcome back.

"Always happy to be here, Wizard. How's my girl?"

Doing well. I believe she has settled on Evie Delgato. You can expect a grandchild in the near future.

"How wonderful. How's she doing besides that?"

She, Bodhi, and Sophie are still thick as thieves. Jarrett is trying but failing to get into her good graces.

"Poor man, do tell me Bodhi's got his back at least."

I believe that is the main reason Ginny leaves him alone. That and he makes Sophie happy.

"Mess, mess, mess," Indi squealed.

"Indi, for the last time, no more mess or you're staying in your high chair," Jarrett scolded.

"No chair, no chair!" she wailed.

"Make it stop," Jersey whined.

"Look who I found," Ginny said.

"Hey, there, handsome," Ellie smiled and gave her husband a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey, there, beautiful," he said. "Ready for the big day?"

"Why does everyone keep asking me that?" Ellie laughed.

"Because you're amazing, love, and they can't believe our part of the legacy is almost over."

"Dad," Sophie said as she tried (and failed) to give him a big hug.

"How are you, Sophie?" Salim asked, rubbing her shoulder.

"Oh, ready to pop, glad this is our last one. I miss looking for fairies in logs."

"Never change," Salim told her lightly.

"Bodhi, we're here," Morgan called as Jax ran in front of her.

Welcome back, Morgan. How is the baby?

"Brendan's fine, Wizard, I've got a friend watching him and Andrew."

"Morgan!" Bodhi said breathlessly and knelt on one knee. "Um, I know this is sudden and stuff but I've wanted to ask for a long time: will you marry me?"

"Bodhi, you do know that it's my elder birthday today, right?" she asked.

"Morgan, I don't care, I can't move out and you and the kids can't move in but I want that link between us."

"You're too romantic, Mr. Sharebear, proposing at your mother's birthday party."

"We're up to four birthdays today, I think we can squeeze in one engagement," he said lightly.

"Tell you what, ask me at Christmas."

"Really?" Bodhi asked, eyes alight with hope.

"Wow, that is...quite the outfit, Nicole," Sophie said, trying not to laugh.

"At least it makes for a great before pic, Auntie," she said in stride.

"Happy birthday, Ellie!" Everyone cheered!

Well?

"Have to get used to this back but otherwise, I'm good."

"Well, Salim?"

"Silver is a great color on you," he said, only slightly teasing.

"Good answer."

"Seriously, though, you look wonderfully distinguished and wise."

Ellie blushed. "Aw, thanks."

"Hey, everyone, snow's piling high, you know what that means- snowball fight!" Sophie called and everyone made their way outside.

Salim and Isiah, why aren't you joining the others?

"It's too cold out there, Wizard," Isiah said, "Besides, the cake and food is too good."

"And I want to spend time with my favorite grandson," Salim said.

"Really, I'm your favorite?" Isiah asked excitedly.

"Better believe it. Now, what's going on at school?"

"Oh, I'm in scouts now, Momma thinks it's good for building character but I hate going outside for some of that stuff. I'd rather play chess or build castles. Hey, gramps, could you help me with my Mental skill? Daddy says you're good at chess."

"I'd be happy to."

"Geordi, you made it!" Sophie sighed in relief.

"Sorry I'm late, the restaurant made me work overtime," he apologized.

"No, it's fine, I'm just glad you're here."

"You really think I would miss my mother and my nieces' birthdays? Give me some credit, Soph. Just 'cause I moved out doesn't mean I don't love you guys and want to be here for the important moments."

"Hey, dude, I love you and never thought that. Just relax and enjoy, okay?"

"Will do. Oh, hey, I know you've been learning to cook but I just thought I could bring Jersey a cake, so..."

"You made her cake? Aww, that's sweet, thanks. I'll go get her and you set it up?"

"Your wish is my command."

"Now, big breath, Jersey, try to get some cream on Uncle Geordi and Auntie Ginny."

Pbft," Jersey tired.

"Oh my god, Wizard, don't let anyone look at me, I'm hideous."

Your worth is not contingent upon your appearance. That said, you are welcome to the wardrobe.

"Thanks anyway but I'll take the dresser, I think Aunt Ginny is in there with Evie."

"And done."

Wonderful job.Which trait did you roll?

"Loves the Outdoors like Dad and Granny. I also got the Creative aspiration."

Noted. Will you be joining the scouts?

"Eh, between me and Isiah, I think we can get all the badges together. Why not?"

"Jewrsey," Indi squealed and gave her sister a hug.

"Hey, little sis. Thanks for the hug."

"Make mess?"

"Wizard, no.  We can paint together if you want, though."

"Yay!"

"Done, finally. Ow. Hello there, girlie, nice to meet you."

Three girls with no influence one way or the other. Bodhi has almost all boys while you have all girls.

"I don't think there's any deeper meaning there, Wizard," Sophie whispered as she rocked her littlest daughter. "Well, your father wanted Georgie as a name so I think we'll stick to that. Georgie, something tart to bring out the sweet."

That is actually quite profound.

"Hey, I am an award-winning critic, I can string more than two words together sometimes."

Author's notes: Thanks again for everyone's patience with this project. Next time we'll get more with the girls and get to know the extended family.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: The Magical Sharebears Legacy- 2.3: Hail, Hail, the Gang's All Here
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2018, 11:44:58 AM »
Happy Birthday Ellie!  It's nice to see everyone showed up for the party.  Jersey and Indi are cuties!  I don't have a favorite yet.  And then there's Georgie.  Those are the next heir candidates, correct? 

Great update.  I'm looking forward to seeing how all those kids grow up.   :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Magical Sharebears Legacy- 2.3: Hail, Hail, the Gang's All Here
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2018, 02:07:50 PM »
I'm glad that you and your Sharebears have returned from the Land of Moody, Uncooperative Computers.
Elektra looks really gorgeous in that screenshot. Will you be moving her in as a YA, or did she join your simverse earlier to randomize her traits?

Wow, Salim and Raj? I really hate when that happens!
Oh well, at least, their hanky-panky gave you a reason to earn another death type.

Look at all the cute redheads in your family! Can't wait to meet Georgie as a toddler?
How are you enjoying playing on Short Lifespan?

anything