Author Topic: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: My Generation (Nov 3)  (Read 74573 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Birthdays and Such (May 26)
« Reply #225 on: May 27, 2019, 02:43:41 AM »
Wow!!  Ok, spent the ENTIRE day reading and re-reading, (the first half) of this story.  How on earth do you do it?  I would totally freak out over so much to do, so many kids, and so darned much to keep track of.  And the timeline is perfect!!  I love all the costumes, (and about to ask you where I can get some of them as the costumes and the typewrite are perfection), and how you've incorporated so many different types of people.  I'm not too fond of butlers, nannies, etc. but I think I may have to give them a try.  Of course, for me vampires are strictly verboten.  I don't do evil things and they are just too evil to men and in their dark stage are too freaky/ugly.  Nightmares  STILL happening from when I watched "Sauron" play the vampire when I was sixteen.  Really.  My room literally was decorated in garlic for months and I never go anywhere without my crucifix.  Ok, so yours were adorable and the way they decided to die was perfection.  Not what I would have chosen, (don't believe in killing off people, ever, for any reason), but for them it was strangely right.  And how do we find enough words to talk about all the adorable toddlers?  I find parenting in Sims almost as challenging as it was, (still is), in rl.  You were always busy, busy, or they suffered.  Thank heaven for Mr. Data to step in from time to time, not to mention the creepy nanny.  You have my utmost respect and tons of kudos for this story and the job you are doing.  Again I say....WOW!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: A Quiet Affair (May 28)
« Reply #226 on: May 28, 2019, 10:53:00 PM »
Wow!!  Ok, spent the ENTIRE day reading and re-reading, (the first half) of this story.  How on earth do you do it?  I would totally freak out over so much to do, so many kids, and so darned much to keep track of.  And the timeline is perfect!!  I love all the costumes, (and about to ask you where I can get some of them as the costumes and the typewrite are perfection), and how you've incorporated so many different types of people.  I'm not too fond of butlers, nannies, etc. but I think I may have to give them a try.  Of course, for me vampires are strictly verboten.  I don't do evil things and they are just too evil to men and in their dark stage are too freaky/ugly.  Nightmares  STILL happening from when I watched "Sauron" play the vampire when I was sixteen.  Really.  My room literally was decorated in garlic for months and I never go anywhere without my crucifix.  Ok, so yours were adorable and the way they decided to die was perfection.  Not what I would have chosen, (don't believe in killing off people, ever, for any reason), but for them it was strangely right.  And how do we find enough words to talk about all the adorable toddlers?  I find parenting in Sims almost as challenging as it was, (still is), in rl.  You were always busy, busy, or they suffered.  Thank heaven for Mr. Data to step in from time to time, not to mention the creepy nanny.  You have my utmost respect and tons of kudos for this story and the job you are doing.  Again I say....WOW!

Thank you! Your sweet comments made my whole day, maybe even my week.  Knowing that people are reading this silly little story and enjoying it makes it totally worth the effort of writing it up.

I'm glad you didn't find my vampires to be too horrible.  Somehow, I don't mind the Sims version, but I can understand how they are not for everyone.  My daughter plays the Sims on my computer sometimes and she refuses to use the vampires, so I get it.  One of the things I like about the legacy challenge is that it makes me try things that I might not otherwise do.

Oh, and the typewriter!  That's the first cc I ever downloaded and now I use it in all my save files, not just the historical ones.  I found it at modthesims and it's by Esmeralda.

A Quiet Affair (Clara’s conversations with her mom)

Clara:  Hi Mom.  I have some big news and I wanted you to be the first to hear it.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Magnus and I are engaged!  Maybe that’s not a huge surprise since Magnus is practically the only man I’ve ever been interested in.

I say ‘practically’ because there was one other guy…a long time ago…did I ever tell you about the mailman?  Now, before you go rolling over in your grave, let me assure you that nothing happened.   I just went out to get the mail one day and I noticed that we had a new mailman.  A cute mailman.  And I kind of got carried away and used a flirty introduction.

The next day, the mailman came by the house and that’s when I learned his traits.  Dog-lover, genius, and evil.

He was actually an evil genius!  And you know I’ve got the ‘good’ trait so I tried to discuss world peace with him and…let’s just say it didn’t end well. 

It was a very short-lived infatuation.

Anyway, that all happened ages ago, before Magnus and I got together.  For the longest time, I only saw Magnus when he came over for Maja’s parties.  Sometimes our conversations would get a little flirty, but that was about it.

Until one night when Magnus stayed to help clean up after a party.  We talked for hours, and I finally worked up the courage to tell him that I liked him. 

We’ve been together ever since.

We’ve been talking about marriage for a while now, but I wanted to reach the top of my career first.  Well, Mom, I finally did it-- I was inducted into the Hall of Fame!

Magnus has always been very supportive of my career.  That reminds me, I took him to the old county fairgrounds once and he bravely agreed to try ice skating.  It was adorable.

Anyway…where was I?  Oh yeah…so, Magnus and I agreed that we wouldn’t get married until we could actually live together in the same house.  I saw what happened with Uncle Linden and Aunt Diya, and that’s not what I want for myself.  I want what Aunt Laurel and Uncle Jax had—and you and Ali, and Darwin and Maja.

Speaking of which…Darwin and Maja have the cutest little family.  Basil is a child now, and Hazel is a toddler.

And they have a third child, Kale, who just started toddling about.

Of course, Aunt Laurel dotes on her grandkids.  Just the other day, she was out here pushing Basil on the swing.

And she loves it when Hazel asks for a story.

Sometimes Basil makes the funniest faces at dinner.  Maja tells him to stop, but Aunt Laurel just laughs and eggs him on.

Well, I think that’s all the news I have for now.  Oh wait!  There is one more thing.  The new cowplant is all grown up.  Darwin named her Buttercup.  So we have a Bluebell and a Buttercup.

A few months later…

Clara:  Well, Mom, it’s official.  I’m a married woman!  Yeah, I know it was a short engagement.  But remember, we dated for a long time.

Maja, of course, offered to pull out all the stops and throw us a big wedding.  Magnus and I, however, preferred that it be a quiet affair.  We would have been perfectly happy to elope, but Maja insisted that we at least put up the wedding arch.

We decided to live with Juliet and Journey McClure.  Uncle Linden offered to let us move in with him and his girls, but we’d like to have a family of our own and we thought Uncle Linden’s place might be too crowded.  Plus, the McClure house is right next door and we wanted to stay close to Darwin and Maja…and you.

Cousin Darwin and Maja were our first visitors.  They brought us the best wedding and housewarming gift.  Darwin has taken up photography—I don’t know how he has time for all these hobbies—and he took some pictures at our wedding.  He had one of the photographs framed and gave it to us.  To say that I love it would be an understatement.

And now, Mom, I have some sad news.  Well, it’s sad for us, anyway.  I was here for a club meeting, and Aunt Laurel and I were painting and she…collapsed.  Just like that.  I felt so helpless because there was nothing I could do.

As much as it hurts to lose Aunt Laurel, it's comforting to know that she’s with Uncle Jax again…and also with you.  At least, I hope you are all together somewhere.  Darwin got some old family scrapbooks out and it was nice to look back and reminisce.  And Darwin told me some things about Aunt Laurel that I didn’t know…like the fact that she completed the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration and that there were no seasons until just before she became the heir.

I went with Darwin to help clean out the old Three Behrs Bakery.  Uncle Linden didn’t want to try to run it by himself.  Darwin sold the place to a young family that plans to convert it back into a house.  We split the proceeds three ways—between Uncle Linden, Darwin, and me. 

Maja still sells jars of the family honey, just like Aunt Laurel did, but the business is strictly by mail-order now.

Oh, and there’s one more thing I have to tell you, Mom.  Magnus and I are expecting!  We’re kind of hoping for twins, but we’ll be happy no matter what. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #227 on: May 28, 2019, 11:03:06 PM »
wow This made me tear up. What a wonderful update, Sad up wonderful.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #228 on: May 30, 2019, 09:22:55 AM »
What a fine, gentle sort of chapter to mark the passage of time. (Honestly, given the start and the title, I had initially somewhat different expectations.) It's sad to see sims go.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #229 on: May 30, 2019, 06:52:55 PM »
Who me crying?  (reaches for tissues)  It's just I had something in my eye.  Perfect chapter, just perfect.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #230 on: June 03, 2019, 12:16:44 AM »
I’m all caught up. I’ve spent the last few days reading and it’s just a delight. You’ve really captured the time frames beautifully. At first, it was all very Edith Wharton (but less tragic) and now it’s like a much tamer Fitzgerald, but with likeable characters! ;-)

Do you read much fiction from the 19th or early 20th century? I feel like you must because this is just all so perfect.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #231 on: June 03, 2019, 02:40:59 PM »
 @BallerinaHippo  I'm new to the entire "Sharebear Legacy" but yours is super cute! I really love how you write up the stories of your sims, and the overall themes. I'll be looking forward to more updates.:)
So happy for Clara & Magnus! *wishes for twin nooboos*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #232 on: June 05, 2019, 02:20:06 PM »
wow This made me tear up. What a wonderful update, Sad up wonderful.
Aww, thanks!  *hands a tissue*  And I may have to borrow the phrase "sad up wonderful."  Love that.

What a fine, gentle sort of chapter to mark the passage of time. (Honestly, given the start and the title, I had initially somewhat different expectations.) It's sad to see sims go.
Thanks! For this update, it felt like I had a lot of unrelated screenshots, so Clara ended up being the means to tie them all together.  I'm glad it sorta worked.

Who me crying?  (reaches for tissues)  It's just I had something in my eye.  Perfect chapter, just perfect.
Thanks bunches!  I hope you got that thing out of your eye.  If not, I'll find you another tissue.

I’m all caught up. I’ve spent the last few days reading and it’s just a delight. You’ve really captured the time frames beautifully. At first, it was all very Edith Wharton (but less tragic) and now it’s like a much tamer Fitzgerald, but with likeable characters! ;-)
Do you read much fiction from the 19th or early 20th century? I feel like you must because this is just all so perfect.
Wow!  I'm sure I don't deserve either of those associations, but if my little story even remotely evokes those time periods for you, I take that as the hugest compliment. 

Jane Austen is one of my favorites (probably not a big surprise), but your comment reminded me that it's been awhile since I've read Edith Wharton.  I read Ethan Frome in high school and it was so depressing that I didn't read any of her other works until much later.  Thanks for giving me an idea of what to add to my summer reading list.  ;)

@BallerinaHippo  I'm new to the entire "Sharebear Legacy" but yours is super cute! I really love how you write up the stories of your sims, and the overall themes. I'll be looking forward to more updates.:)
So happy for Clara & Magnus! *wishes for twin nooboos*
Thanks!  I'm glad you discovered the Sharebears.  I just started reading your Not So Berry Legacy, and I think it's great!

I've just returned from chaperoning a school trip in real life so I'm a little bit tired and slightly jet-lagged.  Unfortunately, I don't have an update ready for today, but I wanted to respond to all these nice comments.   :) :) :)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Family Holiday (June 15)
« Reply #233 on: June 15, 2019, 01:31:29 PM »
Family Holiday

Darwin:  Is that the last rare mysims trophy that we need to complete our collection? *stares directly at Violet*
Maja: *whispers* Buy it quick. And try to act casual.  We don’t want the vendor to raise the price.

Darwin:  Hello Uncle Fig!  Are you here to meet Magnus and Clara’s nooboo, too? 
Fig:  *grumbles* Everyone assumes rain doesn’t bother ghosts.  It just goes through you, they say.  But that’s exactly the problem!  It’s very uncomfortable to have raindrops go through you.
Darwin:  I’m sorry, Uncle Fig.  Why don’t you come inside with me? 

Maja:  Your son is adorable!
Magnus:  Thanks, sis. 
Maja:  Where did you get this cute bassinet?
Magnus:  It was a gift from Germany.*

*oops!  I was using this cc for the Tech Dynasty. It is a default replacement for the regular bassinet. It is actually from Germany. 

Back at the Legacy house…

Maja:  Happy Birthday Hazel!

Darwin: What is Hazel’s childhood trait?
Maja: She’s a genius, like you.
Darwin:  That’s great!  And it means we still don’t know who the heir will be.

Maja: Remember when we used to throw parties every night?  Now we just use the ballroom to make school projects.
Darwin: Yeah, and we used to take trips to Selvadorada, but I’ve had to put my Jungle Explorer aspiration on hold for a while.  I don’t mind, though.

Several days of skilling and character development follow…

Maja: Okay, kids, let’s finish up Social Butterfly.  Then, you can play.

Maja: Remember, Hazel, you need to make friends with two adults.

Maja: And Basil, you just need to befriend one more child.
Basil: Done!

Hazel:  Where is Kale?  Why didn’t he come to the park with us?
Maja:  I left Kale at home with the nanny this time.  I’m sure he’s fine.

A few days later…

Everyone: *singing* Happy birthday dear Ka-le.  Happy birthday to youuuu.

Maja: And Kale’s childhood trait is…?
Darwin:  Loner.  Which is a bit of a surprise.  Luckily, he only gets tense around strangers.  Family and friends-- even ghosts-- are okay.

Darwin: Kale isn’t the only one who had a birthday today.  Our nephew, Pelham, aged-up to a toddler.
Maja:  Look at all four cousins playing together!

Maja: Darling, I was thinking…the kids have a few days off from school, and we’ve got some time before Basil becomes a teen.  Why don’t we take a family vacation?
Darwin:  That sounds great!  Where should we go?
Maja:  You still need to finish the Jungle Explorer aspiration.  Let’s go to Selvadorada.
Darwin:  I’d love to go there, but can we take the kids to the jungle?
Maja:  I don't see why not. We can rent the Villa. It has a children’s bedroom and toys.

Maja: This is it kids!  What do you think of Selvadorada?
Hazel:  I love it, Mommy!
Darwin:  Everyone get a good night’s sleep.  We want to get an early start in the morning.

Maja:  Be sure to eat a good breakfast.  It’s going to be a long day, and we can’t rally the troops like we do at home.

Darwin:  I need to buy a few supplies before we head into the jungle.  If anyone needs to use the restroom, now would be a good time.

Maja: Is everyone ready to explore the jungle?
Basil:  I need to go to the bathroom…
Kale:  Me too!
Darwin:  Didn’t I tell them to go back at the marketplace?

Kale: Race you across the bridge!
Basil: This is fun!
Hazel:  Wait for me!

Several hours later…

Darwin: Just one more treasure chest and I’ll have this aspiration beat.
Maja: That’s wonderful, darling.
Darwin:  Where did the kids go?
Maja: They were getting tired so I sent them back to the Villa.

Darwin:  Ooof!  I forgot how heavy these things are!

Hess:  Did you enjoy your first vacation Hazel?
Hazel: Yes!  I wish we could have stayed longer, but Mommy said we had to come home for Basil’s birthday.

Next up: Basil and then Hazel become teens.  A new family (with kids!) moves to Brindleton Bay.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Family Holiday (June 15)
« Reply #234 on: June 15, 2019, 06:57:14 PM »
You know, I am really enjoying this story, but.....OH DEAR HEAVENS THE COSTUMES!!!  I know it's not all CC but oh how I would love those twenties clothes.  They looked just perfect for the era.  I loved the idea of bringing the kids along.  I don't think I would be that brave.  They sure seemed to be enjoying it.  And how perfect, had to use the bathroom AFTER they'd been told to do it back in town.  Typical of kids.  Loved it. (memories of having to find a restroom in a grocery store comes to mind while a little one does the potty dance).  You've got it down to a T!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Spirit Day (June 22)
« Reply #235 on: June 22, 2019, 12:16:35 PM »
You know, I am really enjoying this story, but.....OH DEAR HEAVENS THE COSTUMES!!!  I know it's not all CC but oh how I would love those twenties clothes.  They looked just perfect for the era.  I loved the idea of bringing the kids along.  I don't think I would be that brave.  They sure seemed to be enjoying it.  And how perfect, had to use the bathroom AFTER they'd been told to do it back in town.  Typical of kids.  Loved it. (memories of having to find a restroom in a grocery store comes to mind while a little one does the potty dance).  You've got it down to a T!
Thanks!  At first, I wasn't quite sure how to dress everyone for the jungle but eventually came up with something I liked that seemed appropriate.  And much of it, as you said, isn't cc.

The potty thing with the kids...well, I drew from real-life experience there.  Haha!

Spirit Day

Maja:  Thanks for coming home early, darling.  Basil is eager to blow out his candles before it gets late.
Darwin:  It’s not a problem.  As Chief of Staff, I can afford to come home early every now and then.

Maja:  Make a wish Basil!

Darwin:  Where did the birthday boy go?  He didn’t even take a piece of cake.
Maja:  He wasn’t happy with his ‘look’ and ran off to the closet.
Darwin:  Teenagers. 

Darwin: While we wait for him to come back, tell me about your day.
Maja: It was great!  The kids and I went to the park so they could work on their Outdoor Adventurer scout badges.  And while we were there, I made a new friend!  Her name is Avery Van Hart.

Darwin:  Van Hart?  I met a young girl by that name at the hospital the other day.  Zoe, I think it was.
Maja:  That must be one of her kids.  She and her husband have three—a teen and two children.

Darwin:  Nice to see you’ve come out of your room, son.
Basil:  Sorry to run off like that, Dad, but it was a hair emergency.
Darwin:  It’s okay, I understand.  So, tell me, what new trait and aspiration did you get?
Basil:  Insider, like Mom, for the trait.  And I’d like to be a joke star.
Darwin:  Those are both good!  Joke star hasn’t been done, and you could be a comedian.
Basil:  Yeah, I’m pretty excited about it.  I can’t wait to write some comedy routines.  Which are funnier—duck jokes or monkey jokes?
Darwin:  I’ve always liked a good vampire pun, myself. 

Maja:  Isn’t it nice to have a proper family dinner?  Basil, I like what you did with your hair.  I’m glad you were able to fix it.
Basil:  Thanks Mom!  *turns to Darwin*  Dad, now that I’m a teen, do you think I could have my own room?  A guy needs space, you know.
Darwin:  I’ll see what I can do.

A few days later…

Basil:  Not that I mind, but how is it possible that you’ve earned more scout badges than me, Hazel?  What’s your secret?
Hazel:  There’s no secret.  I’ve just picked up all my badges and you haven’t checked your board lately.

Basil:  Gosh, Hazel is right!  I’m a Llamacorn Scout and I didn’t even know it!

Avery:  It’s nice to meet you, Clara.  Maja has told me so much about you.
Clara:  Likewise.  We should get together like this more often.

Avery:  Is that your toddler over there?  He’s a cute one.
Clara:  Thank you.  That’s Pelham. 
Avery:  My girl Zoe seems interested in whatever he’s saying.
Clara:  He’s a charmer, alright.

The first day of Fall, which also happens to be Spirit Day—one of our Legacy Holidays—as well as Hazel’s teen birthday:

Basil: I thought Spirit Day was supposed to be a fun holiday, Dad.  Why is everyone crying?
Darwin:  The first Spirit Day tradition is Remembrance in honor of our founder, Shari Behr, my great-grandmother and your great-great grandmother. 

Darwin: After that’s out of the way, we can get to the more fun traditions, like the Grand Meal in honor of our third heir, my mother, who was a master chef.  Oh, and we’re very happy that two of the Van Hart children could join us to celebrate Spirit Day and Hazel’s birthday.  Hazel, that’s Ross sitting on your left.
Hazel and Ross: *too shy to speak*

Basil:  Sul sul!  You must be Sadie Van Hart.
Sadie: Pleased to meet you.

Ross: *suddenly stands up, spins, and sparkles*
Maja: Well that was unexpected!  Happy birthday Ross!

Darwin:  Well, Hazel, it’s your turn.  Make a wish!

Hazel: *suddenly hysterical* Hahahahahaha…
Maja:  Hazel!  Run to the bathroom and calm down.  Run!

Darwin:  You gave us a scare there, babygirl.  Are you feeling better?
Hazel: Yes, thank you.  And I went ahead and gave myself a makeover while I was in front of the mirror.
Darwin:  You look nice.  May I ask the important questions—trait and aspiration?
Hazel:  Cat lover and Musical Genius.  Is that okay?
Darwin:  Sure!  Anything you got would be okay.  Musical Genius has been done, of course, but that leaves you wide open as far as choosing a career.
Hazel:  So…when can I get a cat?
Darwin: When you earn an A in high school.
Hazel:  That’s fair.

A few minutes later…

Ross:  Hey there, kitten.  Do you come here often?
Hazel: Umm…I’m not sure we know each other well enough for you to call me that.  And I live here, remember?  That’s my parents’ closet you just used for a makeover.
Ross:  She was pretty.  As pretty as a picture and not at all flat.

Hazel: *giggles* I think that was a compliment.  But why are you talking in third person?  Did you mean to say that out loud?
Ross:  She was also sharp.  As sharp as a cat’s claws on your favorite easy chair, and I--
Hazel: --wait.  Do you have a cat?  Are you a cat-lover, too?

Ross:  She was grilling me like a sims’ favorite sandwich and I was the melted cheese.
Hazel:  You’re a funny one.  I have to go, now.  My parents are throwing a Spooky Party to wrap up the holiday.  I’ll see you around, Ross.

Downstairs…

Darwin:  We have one other tradition for Spirit Day.  It’s ‘spooky spirit’ in honor of my grandfather Aster, the vampire.  We can interact with ghosts, tell spooky stories, or carve pumpkins.
Basil:  Great!  I’m going to carve a puking pumpkin.  That gag never gets old.
Hazel:  I’ll try to carve a cat pumpkin. 
Darwin: And I’ll do a ghost.

Sadie:  Do you see that?  The pumpkin…it’s...it’s…floating!
Basil:  Just one of our family ghosts messing around, that’s all.

Sadie:  You have family g-g-ghosts?
Basil:  ‘Course we do!  But don’t worry, we only have friendly ghosts.  None of them are mean-spirited.  Get it?

Maja:  Hazel?  Your brother and your father finished their pumpkins ages ago.  What’s taking you so long?
Hazel:  This is harder than it looks!

Notes:  Darwin’s generation is meant to represent the 1920s/30s.  The next generation will be the 1940s/50s, so the kids get makeovers for that time period as they age to teens.

The kids and their traits/aspirations:
Basil- teen- Outgoing, insider/ Joke Star
Hazel- teen- Genius, cat-lover/ Musical Genius
Kale- child- Loner/ 3 of 4 childhood aspirations done

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #236 on: June 22, 2019, 03:09:03 PM »
Is Ross channeling Ross Macdonald?

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #237 on: June 22, 2019, 05:43:19 PM »
I gotta admit, I had to look up Ross Macdonald (I'm not super familiar with crime fiction) but I can totally see how you made that connection.  It's just a coincidence, though.   :)

I have two basic associations with the 1940s/50s and those are:
1. Hollywood classic film noir
2. Rigid gender stereotypes

So that's where I was going with Ross.  His family was generated by my game when the kids were doing Social Butterfly-- I didn't pick his name or anything-- which makes the coincidence even more amazing. 

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #238 on: June 22, 2019, 06:27:02 PM »
I gotta admit, I had to look up Ross Macdonald (I'm not super familiar with crime fiction) but I can totally see how you made that connection.  It's just a coincidence, though.   :)

I have two basic associations with the 1940s/50s and those are:
1. Hollywood classic film noir
2. Rigid gender stereotypes

So that's where I was going with Ross.  His family was generated by my game when the kids were doing Social Butterfly-- I didn't pick his name or anything-- which makes the coincidence even more amazing. 

HAHA. It sounded like a hard-boiled novel, so I guess I wasn't too far off from classic film noir! I admit I've never read Macdonald, but I've read enough Raymond Chandler that I know the tropes.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #239 on: June 30, 2019, 11:38:38 AM »
HAHA. It sounded like a hard-boiled novel, so I guess I wasn't too far off from classic film noir! I admit I've never read Macdonald, but I've read enough Raymond Chandler that I know the tropes.
Definitely the same basic idea!

anything