Author Topic: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: A House Full of Love (Sept 12)  (Read 11686 times)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Wendy's Big Belly (Oct 28)
« Reply #150 on: October 28, 2018, 01:06:36 PM »
Wendy's (not very) Big Belly

Aster: Look at you!  Thatís the cutest little belly Iíve ever seen.
Wendy:  Thank you, dear.  I wish we could stay here and celebrate that Iím eating for two, but we both have appointments at the adoption agency this morning.  You know we canít adopt when thereís an infant in the house.
Aster: *sigh* Our work is never done.  Meet you in the nursery in a few hours?
Wendy:  Deal.
24.1 eating for 2.jpg

Aster:  You returned from the adoption agency first which makes our son, Hypnos, the seventh child.
Wendy:  Yes, and you are holding our eighth child, Hestia.
24.2 last adoptions.jpg

Aster:  Are you sure you donít want me to take family leave?  I feel guilty leaving my pregnant wife here with two infants.
Wendy:  Iíll be fine, dear.  Iíd hate for you to miss a day of work when you are so close to your next promotion.  Besides, I havenít had any morning sickness and the butler is here if I need him.
24.3 kiss cheek.jpg

Wendy:  We donít need any help, do we?  ĎCause youíre a good wittle nooboo, yes you are!
Hypnos:  *coos*
24.4 Wendy nooboos.jpg

Mr. Datta:  My Lady doesnít think she needs help, but she hasÖ*counts on fingers* ÖsixÖsevenÖeight children.  With another on the way!  She needs a vacation, thatís what she needs. 
24.5 Datta counts.jpg

Mr. Datta:  Just for mílady I will do the dishes without being commanded to clean.
24.6 Datta cleans.jpg

Athena:  We all got Aís in school!  Hooray for us!
Hermes (on right):  More like hooray for the weekend.
Ares (on left): Yeah, letís go play!
24.7 kids school.jpg

Athena:  Did you see our new brother and sister?  Arenít they the cutest things?
Ares:  Eh.  All nooboos look alike. 
Athena: No they donít! 
Ares: Uh, yes they do.  And if I were you, I wouldnít be too excited about nooboos.  Mother and Father will probably be moving you out any day now to make room for more.
Athena: Youíre crazy.  No one moves out until they are at least a teen.  And Apollo didnít move out until he was a young adult.
Ares:  If you say soÖbut you are the oldest kid in the house.  I wouldnít get too comfortable, thatís all Iím sayiní.
24.8 Athena play.jpg

Ares:  Hey, Hermes.  Did you see the new babies?
Hermes:  Yeah, I saw Ďem.  Boy and a girl.
Ares:  Yep.  Reckon that means mother and father will be moving one of us out soon.
Hermes:  What are you talking about?  Nobody moves out until they are a teen.
Ares:  Are you sure?  I heard the gardener tell the butler that there were too many kids in the house.  Now, on the one hand, Athena is oldest; but sheís also a redhead and a girl and she was a top-notch toddler. 
Hermes:  And youíre a hothead.
Ares:  YeahÖsoÖprobably our relatives donít want me.  Youíre a genius.  Bet theyíd take you.
Hermes:  You donít know what youíre talking about.
24.9 Hermes table.jpg

Athena:  Hello!  Are you my Grandpapa Behr?
Andrew:  Yes.  And you must be my granddaughter Athena.  Itís very nice of you to mourn at my headstone almost every day.
Athena:  Iím a good sim.  I get this overwhelming urge to mourn sometimes.
24.10 Athena meet Andrew.jpg

Andrew:  How are things with you, Athena? 
Athena:  GoodÖexceptÖ
Andrew:  Uh oh.  Whatís wrong, sweetheart?
Athena:  Ares said some thingsÖI donít know.  Heís probably lying, butÖ
24.11 stargaze.jpg

Aster:  Hey Papa!  Good to see you!
Andrew:  Hello son!  I was hoping Iíd run into you tonight.
Aster:  Yeah?  Whatís up?
Andrew:  I just had a long talk with Athena.  It seems young Ares has been practicing some mischief.  *tells Aster what Athena said*  It sounds like kids just being kids, but I thought youíd want to know.
Aster:  Thanks, Papa.  Iíll nip this in the bud before it gets out of hand.
24.12 Aster Andrew.jpg

Aster:  Ares!  Wake up!  Itís time to go.
Ares:  What?  Go where?
24.13 wake Ares.jpg

Aster:  Pack your bags.  Itís time to leave.
Ares:  Leave?  Father, I donít want to go!  Iím just kid.  Iíll be good, I promise.  Please!
24.14 Ares begs.jpg

Aster:  Whatís wrong, son?  Why would you not want to go to Granite Falls?
Ares: G-granite Falls?  I thoughtÖI thought you meantÖ
Aster: *gives a stern look*
Ares: *mumbles* I told Athena and Hermes that you and mother were going to move someone out.  I was just joking, but then I thoughtÖI meanÖ
Aster:  The problem with telling falsehoods, son, is that if you tell them often enough sometimes you start to believe them yourself.  You know that no one moves out until they are a teen and even then, itís their choice.
Ares:  Yes Father.
24.15 tell truth.jpg
Aster: No more mischief making, okay?  And Iím serious about Granite Falls.  Want to go?
Ares:  Yes Father!

Wendy:  This is a nice surprise!  Are you sure itís okay to leave the nooboos at home?
Aster:  Of course itís okay!  Mr. Datta promised to take good care of them, and Papa said heíd take the night shift.
Wendy: Oh, if Papa Behr said heíd come out, then Iím sure itís alright.
24.16 Granite Falls.jpg

Aster:  AhhhÖnow this is the life!  You look completely adorable in your bathing suit, by the way.
Wendy:  Thank you, dear.  There isnít actually any place to swim in Granite Falls, but swimwear seemed appropriate none-the-less.
Aster:  Completely appropriate.  And adorable.
Wendy:  You said that already.
Aster:  Itís worth repeating.
24.17 fishing.jpg

Aster:  I bought this tent at the ranger station.  I thought we could stay out here and let the kids have the cabin.
Wendy:  Itís very nice, dear.  But with our vampire weaknesses, neither of us can sleep in a tent.  Or in a bed, for that matter.
Aster:  Who said anything about sleeping?
Wendy:  Oh!  Oh, I see.
24.18 tent.jpg

In the eveningÖ

Aster:  Gather Ďround the fire, everyone, weíre going to have a Weenie Roast.
Wendy:  Whatís a Weenie Roast?
Aster:  Have you heard of Frankfurters?  They are also called hot dogs, or red hots, or weenies.
Wendy:  Who will roast them?  You and I both have withered stomachs.
24.19 weenie roast1.jpg

Aster:  The kids will roast them.  You and I will hang out by the fire and add another log as necessary.
24.20 weenie roast2.jpg

Wendy:  Iím so relieved that the fire didnít get out of control.  Iíve heard horror stories about these fire pits.
Aster:  I think the key is to not let any uncontrolled sims near the fire.  I only invited the five of us and we easily earned a gold medal for this party.
Hermes:  MmmÖthese are good!
24.21 weenie roast3.jpg

Aster:  Did you feel that?  Apollo and Melany must have had their fourth child.
Wendy:  How do you know?
Aster:  Because I just completed the Big Happy Family aspiration.
24.22 Aster BHF.jpg
Wendy: *checks relationship panel*  Itís a boy!  They named him Alexander.

In the morning, birthday notices arrive for Hypnos and Hestia so the family returns home to age them up.

Wendy:  I thought Hestiaís toddler trait was Ďsilly.í  Why is she pouting?
Aster:  When I offered to read both toddlers a story, Hestia refused.  Then she immediately asked you to read to her.
Wendy:  AhhÖtoddlers.   Iíll read to silly Hestia while you read to clingy Hypnos.
24.23 read to toddlers.jpg

Notes:  The 10-kid generation can get confusing so hereís a brief run-down of whoís in the house, just for reference:
Aster- Gen 2 heir, YA vampire
Wendy- Gen 2 spouse, YA vampire
Athena- adoption #4, child
Ares- adoption #5, child
Hermes- adoption #6, child
Hypnos- adoption #7, nooboo for most of update, toddler at the end
Hestia- adoption #8, nooboo for most of update, toddler at the end
??- Wendy is in her 3rd trimester with the 9th child and first heir candidate

Aster and Wendy's swimwear is by Lollaleeloo at TSR.

Online Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #151 on: October 28, 2018, 02:54:30 PM »
Aww, love Aster and Wendy. The way Aster dealt with Ares was masterful!

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #152 on: October 28, 2018, 04:20:45 PM »
Ohhh, I absolutely love Aster and Wendy in their custom swimwear!
Wendy's a temptress, isn't she? They're such a great couple!

As for your nanny problem, after turning the nanny, she no longer comes to the Sharebear house when they phone for a nanny.
So that's one workaround if you simply want a different nanny to hire.
Regarding nannicide, I made a forum thread on that very question but received no real answers.  I guess more research is required?

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #153 on: November 02, 2018, 05:26:44 PM »
Aww, love Aster and Wendy. The way Aster dealt with Ares was masterful!
Thanks!  Aster and Wendy have been really good parents so I wanted to show them off a little in this update.  :)

Ohhh, I absolutely love Aster and Wendy in their custom swimwear!
Wendy's a temptress, isn't she? They're such a great couple!
As for your nanny problem, after turning the nanny, she no longer comes to the Sharebear house when they phone for a nanny.
So that's one workaround if you simply want a different nanny to hire.
Regarding nannicide, I made a forum thread on that very question but received no real answers.  I guess more research is required?
The Granite Falls trip may have been a thin excuse to use the Victorian swimwear cc.   ;)  Well, that and a way to skip a day of taking care of two nooboos.

I haven't decided whether I will go for the "death point" in the Nature Category, but the old nanny would be a good candidate if I did.  Assuming that he's capable of dying, that is.  I'll keep your workaround in mind if I need to hire a new nanny.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Big Ten (Nov 2)
« Reply #154 on: November 02, 2018, 05:51:24 PM »
Big Ten

Wendy: Címon, Wendy, you can do thisÖhoo...hee...hooÖheeÖ
25.1 Wendy Labor.jpg

Wendy:  Linden Behr--  youíre our ninth child and first potential heir.  I wonder if youíll be a vampire?
25.2 Linden.jpg

Daisy: I hear you have a new sibling, Athena. 
Athena:  Yes.  Another brother.
Daisy:  Do you like being part of such a large family?
Athena:  YesÖmost of the time.   The nooboos are cute and thereís always someone to play with, butÖ
Daisy: But, what?
Athena:  It gets loud sometimesÖand crowded. 
Daisy:  I know just what you mean. 
25.3 chess.jpg
Daisy:  You have a birthday coming up, donít you?
Athena:  *nods*  Iíll be a teen in two days.
Daisy:  If you choose to move out, would you like to come live with me and your Uncle Daichi?
Athena: *eyes light up*  Could I?  Doesnít Artemis live with you and Uncle Daichi?
Daisy:  Artemis is still with us, but I think we could make room for another.   Iíll talk to your parents and see what we can work out.
Athena:  Youíre the best, Aunt Daisy!
25.4 hug.jpg

Wendy:  Itís nice to finally meet my fourth grandchild.  How are you, Alexander?  *hugs*
Alexander:  No!  No hug!
Apollo:  Sorry, Mother.  Heís our fussy one.
Wendy:  Donít mention it, dear.  One of your sisters was fussy.  I understand.
25.5 grandkids.jpg
From left to right: Gracie, Matthew, Tamara, Alexander

Hermes:  I wasnít allowed to go to school today, Mother.  They said I was too sick.
Wendy:  Iím taking a sick day as well.  Do you have gas Ďn giggles like me?
Hermes:  No.  I believe mine is bloaty head.
Wendy:  Would you like me to order you some medicine or would you rather take a nap?
Hermes:  A nap, I think.
25.6 sick day.jpg

Apollo (thinking):  How is it possible that I never did the Musical Genius aspiration until now?  Iíve mastered the piano, guitar, violin, and pipe organ.  All I have to do is write four songs and Iím done.
25.7 Aster piano.jpg

Wendy:  Itís already time to get you out of that crib, Linden.  Oh look!  You have Daddyís red hair, Mommyís blue eyes, and you are a vampire!
25.8 toddler Linden.jpg

Wendy:  Just a quick change of clothing and hairstyleÖmuch better.  Shall I read you a story?
Linden: Stowy!
25.9 reading.jpg

Aster:  Hello Mama!  What are you doing in that catererís outfit?
Shari:  Iím catering Athenaís birthday party, of course. 
25.10 caterer.jpg

Aster: Yes, but why are you catering the party?  You should be a guest.
Shari:  If I cater, then you can invite more people.  And besides, I do a much better job than most hired help.  Iíve already made Athena a nice strawberry cake. 
Aster:  Okay, but next time, you are just a guest.
25.11 Athena cake.jpg

Shari:  See?  Iím a great caterer!  I even made a plate of sandwiches.
25.12 Shari.jpg

Daisy:  Oh my, Athena!  You are positively gorgeous!  Are you sure your parents will let you move out?
Athena: *giggles* They have to let me move.  Grandmama Behr says they need to have one more child.
Daisy:  Well, you canít argue with Mama!
25.13 Athena pretty.jpg

Later that eveningÖ

25.14 observatory.jpg

Aster:  Iím feeling Very Confident that you are eating for two.
Wendy:  I never knew the observatory could be so much fun.
25.15 confidence.jpg
Aster:  I love your new dress and hat, by the way.
Wendy:  Thank you.  I thought it was about time I updated my wardrobe a bit.

Wendy: *looks up* UmmÖyou know, this isnít a great time for this.  It is quite possible that I am with child.
25.16 Abducted.jpg

The following dayÖ

Aster:  How was your day, Wendy?
Wendy:  Exhausting.  I spent the whole morning chasing after our potential heir.
Aster:  Well, he is a wild one.  What did he get into?
Wendy:  Everything.  First, he explored the kitchen cabinets.  Then, we went out to the garden.  Next, he got into the bookcase.  And finally, I had to reprimand him for playing in the wash tub.  He made such a cute expression, though, that I could hardly keep a straight face.
25.17 Wild Linden.jpg

Wendy:  After the older kids came home from school, I gave up trying to chase after him and let him run free.
25.18 Naked baby.jpg

Aster:  Sounds like youíve had a long day.  You relax and put your feet up, and Iíll take care of Ares and Hermesís birthday.
Wendy: Oh, thatís right.  Itís their teen birthday tonight!
Aster:  We donít need to have a big party.  Iíll just make a cake and invite the family.
25.19 Ares Hermes.jpg
Note: Two cakes are needed because Ares takes a piece of his immediately after blowing out his candles.
Ares (left) is a hot-headed dance machine.  Hermes (right) is a genius dog-lover.

Shari:  Iím so sleepy all of a sudden.  I think Iíll just lie down here behind the piano.
25.20 piano.jpg

Grim:  Such a big crowd tonight forÖletís seeÖShari Behr.  Oh, a legacy founder.  That explains it.
25.21 crowd.jpg

Hermes (in front):  Worst birthday ever.
Ares (in back): You can say that again.
25.22 sad boys.jpg

Rest in peace Shari.  After being created in a lab, you were thrown back in time and asked to start a legacy before you were even given a proper name.  You leave behind three children, nine grandchildren (with a 10th due any minute), and four great-grandchildren.  You completed eight aspirations, maxed ten skills, and reached the top of the author career.  This legacy could not have asked for a better founder.
25.23 Shari.jpg

Wendy:  Iíll take good care of them all, Mama Behr.  I promise.
25.24 gravesite.jpg

A few hours laterÖ

Wendy:  Welcome to the world, Laurel.  Youíre our number 10.
Aster:  A perfect 10.
25.25 Laurel.jpg

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #155 on: November 02, 2018, 06:01:37 PM »
Rest in peace, Shari!
I'm glad you crossed to the other shore while surrounded by your beloved family. *sniffle, sniffle

Athena, Ares, and Hermes are all such handsome teens!
Haha, Linden is such an adorable little whirlwind!
Love Wendy's new dress and hat. Wow!
Welcome to the Behrdom, Lauren, and congrats to Aster & Wendy on their tenth child! Hip-hip-hooray!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #156 on: November 07, 2018, 10:56:20 AM »
Rest in peace, Shari!
I'm glad you crossed to the other shore while surrounded by your beloved family. *sniffle, sniffle

Athena, Ares, and Hermes are all such handsome teens!
Haha, Linden is such an adorable little whirlwind!
Love Wendy's new dress and hat. Wow!
Welcome to the Behrdom, Lauren, and congrats to Aster & Wendy on their tenth child! Hip-hip-hooray!
It's always hard to lose the founder, but I've got her saved forever in my gallery which helps.

I'm so glad to have the 10th child finally!  Part of me wants to move out all the adopted teens to decrease the household size, but then I'm afraid the aliens would abduct Aster and I'd have more heir candidates!  I don't want that to happen so the house must stay full.

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: That's Big of You (Nov 7)
« Reply #157 on: November 07, 2018, 11:26:48 AM »
Thatís Big of You

Mr. Datta:  Our whole house is mourning the loss of the Behrís founder.  Iím so distracted, I reach for Bluebellís cake and get a nasty surprise.  Anyone need an Essence of Sadness?  Of course not.  Weíre sad enough already.
26.1 Datta cowplant.jpg

Ares:  Father said I could buy myself a moodlet solver, but I donít want to.  Iím so upset about Grandmama Behrís passing that Iím just going to sadly punch this bag.
26.2 Ares sad.jpg

Aster:  Sleep tight my three little sad toddlers.  In another day, this mood will finally pass.
26.3 sad toddlers.jpg
From top to bottom: Hypnos, Hestia, Linden

The next afternoonÖ

Aster:  Are you ready for another round of birthdays?  Weíve got four to celebrate this week.
Wendy:  With ten children, it seems like itís always someoneís birthday.  I made a cake for Hypnos and Hestia earlier today.  As soon as I finish giving Hestia a bath, we can start their party.
26.4 bath time.jpg

Aster:  Sounds good.  Iíll just be out here playing with the birthday boy.
26.5 play time.jpg

Wendy:  Okay, weíre ready to party.  Hypnos is a few minutes older so he should go first, followed by Hestia.
26.6 cakes.jpg
Hestia:  Oh no!  Mother, what happened to my hair?

Wendy:  Donít worry, sweetheart.  We can fix it.  *whisks Hestia off to a closet*
Hestia:  Thank you, Mother.  Thatís better.
26.7 child photos.jpg
Hypnos got the lazy trait while Hestia is neat.

Early the next morningÖ

Wendy:  This is a bittersweet day, Laurel.  You are my last baby and itís time to age you up.
26.8 last baby.jpg

Wendy:  Oh my!  You have red hair, green eyes, and you are a vampire.  You are going to have your father wrapped around your little finger for sure.
26.9 toddler Laurel.jpg

Aster:  YeahÖand sheís a charmer, too.  Thereís no hope for me.
26.10 Laurel play.jpg

Shari:  You arenít the only one who is smitten.  Sheís such a precious girl!
26.11 Laurel Shari.jpg
Wendy:  Itís nice to see you so soon, Mama Behr.
Shari:  Thank you, Wendy!  I like to come watch my grandchildren play.  Donít let me interrupt.  You go back to what you were doing.
Wendy:  We were just about to read a story.
26.12 story time.jpg

A few days laterÖ

Wendy:  Today is a very important day.
Aster:  Yes, itís Lindenís birthday!  Today is the first chance for one of our heir candidates to roll the Exemplar trait.  As the older of the two, if Linden gets Loves Outdoors; he will lock-in the title of heir.  If he gets any other trait, then itís still up for grabs.
Wendy:  Make a wish, big boy!
26.13 Linden cake.jpg

Wendy:  I see a lot of sparkles, but what is his trait?
26.14 child sparkles.jpg
Aster:  Heís creative.  Thatís a good, solid trait that will serve him well.
Wendy:  I agree.  And itís kind of exciting to think that the heirship is still undecided.

Aster:  He got Rambunctious Scamp as his first aspiration.  Thatís an easy one.
26.15 monkey bars.jpg

Wendy:  Speaking of aspirations, Hermes finished Freelance Botanist.
26.16 Hermes.jpg

Aster:  Good for him!  That aspiration has been done many times, but now Hermes is free to pick something else. 
Wendy:  Thatís true.  And Ares actually has a good suggestion.
Aster:  Ares has a suggestion for Hermes?
Wendy:  For all of us, really.  Ares?
Ares:  Well, father, Hermes is a dog-lover.  So I thought, if itís okay, that I could move and let Hermes get a dog.  He could do Friend of the Animals which would help the legacy.  Right?
26.17 Ares leaving.jpg

Aster:  HmmÖyou make a good point, son.  Friend of the Animals still needs to be done.  Thatís very generous of youóoffering to move out so your brother can get a dog.
Ares:  Well, Hermes is my best-friend since we were adopted at the same time and all.  Iíd like to do this for him.
26.18 BFFs.jpg

Hermes:  Hello Link!  Would you like to live with us?
Link: *sniffs hand*
26.19 meet Link.jpg

Hermes:(thinking) I canít believe they let me get a dog!
26.20 adopt Link.jpg

Laurel:  Good doggie!
26.21 Laurel Link.jpg

Note:  Link is a Basenji with the Troublemaker, Friendly, and Vocal traits.  I donít know how a Basenji can be vocal, but whatever.  Hermes picked the cutest dog from the list of available pets and adopted him as soon as Linkís Troublemaker trait was discovered. 
26.22 Link.jpg

The household right now:
Aster and Wendy- YA vampires
Hermes- adopted teen
Hypnos- adopted child
Hestia- adopted child
Linden- naturally born child
Laurel- naturally born toddler
Link- adult dog

Online Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #158 on: November 07, 2018, 11:41:13 AM »
--sniffle-- Goodbye Shari.  You will be missed!  But look at all those adorable toddlers!  Eeee!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #159 on: November 07, 2018, 12:50:24 PM »
Ares---what a handsome boy! And how thoughtful of you to move out for your brother!
Good gracious, both Linden and Lauren have green eyes and red hair!
Haha, every time one of your kids has a birthday, I start feeling impatient for the next birthday!
(Well, not after the YA birthday, obviously)

Congratulations to the parents on two beautiful children!
Yay to Hermes on finding a troublemaker pet, lol.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2018, 12:25:47 PM »
--sniffle-- Goodbye Shari.  You will be missed!  But look at all those adorable toddlers!  Eeee!
It's always hard to lose the founder, but we've got to move on.   :'(   Adorable toddlers definitely help!

Ares---what a handsome boy! And how thoughtful of you to move out for your brother!
Good gracious, both Linden and Lauren have green eyes and red hair!
Haha, every time one of your kids has a birthday, I start feeling impatient for the next birthday!
(Well, not after the YA birthday, obviously)
Congratulations to the parents on two beautiful children!
Yay to Hermes on finding a troublemaker pet, lol.
Actually Linden has blue eyes (like Wendy) and Laurel's are green (like Aster).  They probably both look the same in screenshots, though.
I'm glad you like the birthdays because there seem to be a lot of them with this generation.  Laurel's child birthday coming up!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: What's the Big Deal? (Nov 12)
« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2018, 12:56:53 PM »
Whatís the Big Deal?

Hypnos:  Why do I have to learn chess, Father?  Iím not even an heir candidate.
Aster:  Mental skill isnít just for heirs, son.  Donít you want to finish your Whiz Kid aspiration?
Hypnos:  Well, itís my third aspiration soÖ
Aster:  So?  If chess isnít your thing, Iíll take you and Linden fishing after the party.
27.1 Hypnos chess.jpg
Hypnos:  Party?  Whose birthday is it today?
Aster:  Itís Laurelís birthday.  Youíd better go change into your party clothes before the guests arrive.

Wendy:  Happy Birthday, baby-girl!
27.2 Laurel cake.jpg

Linden:  Welcome to the big kid table, sis.
Laurel:  Thank you.  *whispers*  Who are all these people?  And why are they here?
Linden:  Theyíre all of our relatives.   Theyíre here for the party Ďcause youíre a potential heir, like me.
Hypnos: MmmÖchocolate cake!
27.3 party chat.jpg

Laurel: All these people are related to us?
Linden:  Yep.  Older siblings and cousins, mostly.  Some are our nieces and nephews.  Itís kind of complicated.  Maybe youíd better ask Mother and Father to explain it.
27.4 Laurel guests.jpg

Top left- Aster and granddaughter Tamara; Top right- Hypnos naps; Bottom left- Wendy with Hess, grandson Matthew, and Fig's girls Kara and Britney; Bottom right- Aster toasts Laurel

Later that eveningÖ

Aster:  Well, boys, how do you like fishing?
Hypnos:  I suppose itís better than chess.
Linden:  I like it!  Iíve never seen the lighthouse from this side before.
27.5 boys fish.jpg

Aster:  We came across the bay so that Hermes could meet more dogs and cats.  Apparently, a lot of strays hang out by the lighthouse.
27.6 Hermes dog.jpg

Back at the houseÖ

Hestia:  Iím so glad you aged-up, Laurel.  Itís fun having a sister to play with.
Laurel:  Donít we have older sisters?
Hestia: Yeah, but they all moved out before you were even born.
27.7 Laurel Hess.jpg

Laurel:  Are you my Grandpapa Behr?
Andrew:  Yes.  And you must be my youngest granddaughter.  How was your birthday?
Laurel:  It was fun.
Andrew:  May I ask what your childhood trait is?
Laurel:  Iím an art lover, just like Mother and Father.  Is that good?
Andrew:  Yes, thatís a very nice trait.  I was an artist, you know.
27.8 Andrew ghost.jpg

Wendy:  You are doing a great job on that drawing, Laurel!  Your creativity is already at level 8 after only two pictures.
27.9 Laurel draws.jpg

Laurel:  Hey, Linden.  Are you doing Artistic Prodigy, too?
Linden:  Yeah, itís my third aspiration.  Just one more drawing and then I get to practice a musical instrument for five hours.
Laurel:  When do we sleep?
Linden:  We donít.  We just rally the troops.
27.10 Linden Laurel.jpg

Shari:  AhhÖthis brings back memories of when your father used to mentor you, Aster.
Aster:  Yeah.  Linden is even playing the same violin I used to practice on.
27.11 Linden violin.jpg

The next morningÖ

Wendy:  This is the Oasis Springs park, kids.  What do you think of it?
Laurel:  Itís so big!
Linden: Do we really get to play here all day?
Wendy:  Yes.  Play and have fun.  Just remember to make friends with three other kids and two adults while weíre here.
27.12 Park for SB.jpg

Aster:  Did everyone remember to make a best friend forever?
Laurel:  Hess and I are already best friends!
Hypnos:  *shyly* UhÖI forgot. Linden?
Linden:  No problem, Hypnos!  Now letís go play!
27.13 BFFs.jpg

Aster:  How is it possible that our four youngest children are all working on Social Butterfly at the same time?
Wendy:  Weíre efficient, darling.
Aster: And lucky!
27.14 Kids at park.jpg

Wendy:  I was worried that there might not be many children here today, but there are more than enough.
Aster:  Three of our four grandchildren are hereóAlex, Gracie, and Tamara.
Wendy:  Yes, and there are also three new boysóSai, Tetsu, and Ali.
27.15 Park collage.jpg

Top left- Hypnos and Sai; Top Right- Tamara and Laurel; Bottom left- Grace, Linden, Alex; Bottom right- Hypnos, Tetsu, Ali, Hess

Wendy: Linden was the first to finish Social Butterfly.  Since heís done with all the childhood skills and aspirations, I suggested that he fish in the pond.
27.16 Linden fishes.jpg

Aster:  Laurel is done, too, so Iím mentoring her while she plays chess with Gracie.  She's gaining both social and mental skills.
27.17 Laurel chess.jpg

Wendy:  That was a fun day at the park, but itís good to be home.
Aster:  Why are there so many dogs at our house?
Wendy:  Hermes needs to meet more pets for his Friend of the Animals aspiration.  We turned on the Dog Hangout lot trait to make it easier.
27.18 dogs.jpg

Aster:  Is it working?
Hermes:  It seems to help.  And donít worry, Father, Iíll clean up after them.
Aster: I hope so!
27.19 Hermes dogs.jpg

Monday morningÖ

Laurel:  Itís finally my first day of school.  Do you think I can earn an A today?
Hestia:  Probably, Ďcause youíre really smart.  Youíve already finished two aspirations.
Hypnos:  Whatís the big deal with grades and skills and aspirations?
Hestia:  Weíre Behrs.  We are supposed to do all that stuff.
Hypnos:  Well, Iím lazy and Iím getting tired of all that stuff.
27.20 school talk.jpg

Hestia:  Hypnos might be lazy, but I am not.  Iím going to do my extra credit.  Maybe if I work hard enough, I can stay here forever!
Mr. Datta:  Well done, young Hess.
27.21 Hess homework.jpg

In the afternoonÖ

Aster:  Business is booming!  Iíve reached the top of another career.
27.22 Aster tycoon.jpg

Hermes:  I know I shouldnít do this, but the cake looks sooooo good.
27.23 Hermes drools.jpg

Wendy:  Hermes!  When I asked you to feed Bluebell, that is not what I meant!
27.24 Hermes spit.jpg

Hermes:  Sorry, Mother.  My mistake.  Iíll milk the essence. 
27.25 Hermes milk.jpg

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #162 on: November 12, 2018, 01:40:41 PM »
Oh my goodness, I am so glad I finally caught up with this story. The Behrs are still so precious, I love it. So sorry about Sheri but hey, she can still hang out with the grandchildren when the mood strikes. Wow, Laurel and Linden are cute. I'm glad that the heirship hasn't been settled yet, just means that I have time to enjoy everyone working together and being all lovely for a while longer without worrying about that. Just curious, if Laurel rolls Loves the Outdoors before Linden, she gets to be heir, correct? Even if he then rolls it (ie, she rolls the trait at Teen, he rolls it at YA)? Either one of them looks like they'll be carrying on the family's artistic legacy just fine. Congrats on Aster's second career!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2018, 07:08:08 PM »
Oh my goodness, I am so glad I finally caught up with this story. The Behrs are still so precious, I love it. So sorry about Sheri but hey, she can still hang out with the grandchildren when the mood strikes. Wow, Laurel and Linden are cute. I'm glad that the heirship hasn't been settled yet, just means that I have time to enjoy everyone working together and being all lovely for a while longer without worrying about that. Just curious, if Laurel rolls Loves the Outdoors before Linden, she gets to be heir, correct? Even if he then rolls it (ie, she rolls the trait at Teen, he rolls it at YA)? Either one of them looks like they'll be carrying on the family's artistic legacy just fine. Congrats on Aster's second career!
I'm glad you are still enjoying the Behrs.  That's a good question about the heirship.  The way I interpret the rule, Laurel could only be heir if she rolls Loves the Outdoors and Linden doesn't roll it at all.  Basically, if one potential heir gets the Exemplar trait, then that one is the heir.  If none or both of the potential heirs get the trait, then it goes to the eldest.  It kind of gives an advantage to the older child, I guess.  Although I have used the Exemplar Law before in another legacy, and I had several younger siblings as heirs.

Like many others, I've been reluctant to play my Legacy file since the latest patch.  Fortunately, I was a little ahead so I've got three, maybe even four updates that I can post.  Hopefully the worst of the bugs will be fixed by the time I get caught up.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Big Dog, Little Dog (Nov 19)
« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2018, 07:27:32 PM »
Big Dog, Little Dog

Seagulls:  You know weíre bigger than you, right?
28.1 Link birds.jpg

Aster:  How are you doing with your Friend of the Animals aspiration, Hermes?
Hermes:  Okay, I guess.  Link is supposed to be a troublemaker, but he isnít misbehaving much.  In the meantime, Iíve maxed the pet training skill and Iím working on the veterinary skill.
28.2 Hermes Aster.jpg

Later that day...

Hestia:  I saw Mother baking a cake.  Do you think itís for us?
Hypnos:  Who else would it be for?  I wish Mother would hurry up and start our birthday party.
Hestia:  Sheís probably waiting for Father to get home from work.
Hypnos:  I donít know why Father keeps working.  He doesnít have to.
Hestia: Not everyone is as lazy as you.
28.3 pre party talk.jpg

Aster:  Iím home!  Who is ready for a birthday party?
Hestia:  I am!
Hypnos: Letís have cake!
Aster:  Okay, normally we would let ladies go first, but Hypnos is older.
28.4 Hypnos cake.jpg

Hestia: I donít mind going second.  *makes a wish* 
28.5 Hestia cake.jpg

Aster:  Now that you two have had a chance to change your clothes and fix your hair, letís sit down and talk.  What are your traits and aspirations?
Hestia:  I added foodie to my neat trait, and I want to be a Master Mixologist.
Wendy:  Thatís very nice, Hess.  What about you, Hypnos?
Hypnos:  Iím gloomy and lazy, and I want a Successful Lineage.
28.6 teen talk.jpg

Wendy:  Well, HypnosÖthose traitsÖwith that aspirationÖ
Aster:  If you wanted to leave, son, you could have just said so.
Hypnos:  I just donít think Iím cut out for legacy life.
Wendy:  Weíll miss you, honey, but I understand that this life isnít for everyone.
Hypnos:  Thank you, Mother.
28.7 Hypnos hug.jpg

Aster (quietly to Wendy): Iím glad that Hess wants to stay, but I donít know if I like the idea of her being a bartender.
Wendy:  Why not?  Mixology is a skill, aspiration, and career.
Aster:  Thatís true, but Iíd still rather not have her working in a bar.
Wendy:  Well, she wonít get a job until sheís a young adult so you have time to get used to the idea.
28.8 Hestia mix drinks.jpg

Hermes:  Father said I could adopt another dog to help me finish my aspiration sooner, and I know just the dog.  Would you like to live with us Belle?
Belle:  Woof!
28.9 adopt Belle.jpg
Belle is an Afghan Hound who is friendly, vocal, and a hunter.

Hermes:  Letís take you to the vet to cure your red nose.  Oh, and it looks like you need to be spayed, too.
28.10 Belle vet.jpg

Link (thinking):  It was kind of Master to adopt a friend for me, but why is she so big and funny looking?
28.11 dogs meet.jpg
Aster:  How is the new dog working out, Hermes?
Hermes:  Sheís great!  Both Belle and Link are friendly so they get along well.
Aster:  And your aspiration?
Hermes:  Iím making progress.  I trained out three more misbehaviors in Link and one in Belle.
28.12 Hermes trains.jpg

Hermes:  The part Iím stuck on now is ďFeel the Love with 8 different pets.Ē  Many of the animals in our neighborhood are sick, and I cannot Feel the Love unless they are happy.  Iíve tried inviting strays to visit our home, but many of them have arrived sick.
28.13 sick strays.jpg
Aster:  Can you cure them with wellness treats?
Hermes:  Iíll try.

The next morning:

Laurel:  Do you know which one of us Mother is mentoring right now?
Linden:  HmmÖitís probably you, but we both gain skills faster whenever Mother or Father is around.
28.14 Wendy mentors.jpg

Laurel:  Shouldnít we be getting ready for school?
Linden:  Weíre not going to school today.  Father said we are taking the day off.
Aster:  Thatís right.  Today we are visiting all of our extended family.  As the potential heirs, it is important for you two to meet everyone.  First, we will visit your Aunt Daisy.  Your older sisters, Athena and Artemis live with her.
28.15 Daisy house.jpg

Aster:  Next, we will visit your Uncle Fig.  You may not have met your cousins, Kara and Britney, even though they have been to your birthday parties.  It looks like Ares is home, too.   
28.16 Fig family.jpg

Linden:  Where are we going now, Mother?
Wendy:  Now weíre going to a special place called Sylvan Glade.  Your grandmother showed your father the secret entrance when he was a boy.  Now, your father is going to teach you how to get in.
28.17 Aster opens glade.jpg

Laurel:  Oh, itís beautiful! 
28.18 Sylvan Glade.jpg

Aster:  This is a great place to fish.  Why donít you try it?
Laurel:  I want to fish by the waterfall.
Linden:  I want to try fishing in the pond.

28.19 kids fish.jpg

Back at home:

Shari:  Did you two enjoy your day off?
Linden and Laurel:  Yes!
Shari:  Good!  And let me be the first to wish you a Happy Birthday, Linden.
28.20 Shari ghost.jpg
Laurel:  She wasnít eating your birthday cake, was she?
Linden:  I hope not.

Later that day:

Everyone:  Happy Birthday Linden!
28.21 Linden cake.jpg

Hestia:  Oh yeah!  This is what I was born to do!
28.22 Hestia bar.jpg

Wendy:  WellÖdonít keep me in suspense.  What is your new trait, Linden?
Linden:  Iím a perfectionist, like you. 
Wendy:  Thatís wonderful!
28.23 Linden makeover.jpg
Note:  Linden is a creative perfectionist with the Leader of the Pack aspiration. 

Aster: How was your first day as a vampire, son?
Linden:  The vampire powers are nice, but I was a little disappointed that I couldnít eat any of my own birthday cake.
Aster:  Itís unfortunate the way that happens.  You know, you donít have to remain a vampire if you decide the lifestyle isnít for you.
Linden:  I know.  Iíll think about it.
28.24 Linden dark.jpg

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #165 on: November 20, 2018, 12:29:52 PM »
Well, at least Hypnos saved his watcher the agony over wondering whether to keep him or not, LOL!
Hess will be safe! If I'm not mistaken, she works at the same place as the Chef career, so she'll be mixing drinks at a restaurant rather than some seedy watering hole.
Teen Linden has the facial shape of Grandpa Andrew, it seems to me.
It's great to see all the Behrs thriving!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #166 on: November 21, 2018, 09:23:55 AM »
Well, at least Hypnos saved his watcher the agony over wondering whether to keep him or not, LOL!
Hess will be safe! If I'm not mistaken, she works at the same place as the Chef career, so she'll be mixing drinks at a restaurant rather than some seedy watering hole.
Teen Linden has the facial shape of Grandpa Andrew, it seems to me.
It's great to see all the Behrs thriving!
Haha!  Yeah, I didn't have to think too hard about Hypnos leaving.  Also, Hess was definitely a keeper since she rolled a new aspiration. 
You are very observant when it comes to sims' genetics!  It took me awhile to figure out who Linden looked like, but you are right- it's Andrew.  I finally realized it when Linden was talking to Andrew's ghost one night.  I even took screenshots because their similarities were so striking.

Andrew Linden twins.jpg

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Big Birthday Surprise (Nov 21)
« Reply #167 on: November 21, 2018, 09:52:47 AM »
Big Birthday Surprise

Fig:  Hello Aster!  What brings you by?
Aster:  Just checking on my favorite brother.  How have you been?
Fig:  You mean you are checking on me because Iím an elder now, right?
Aster:  Thatís part of it.  How did you become an elder before Daisy anyway?
Fig:  Daisy and I each drank a Potion of Youth before we moved out.  Since Evie and I got married before Daisy and Daichi, I ended up being just a few days older.
29.1 Fig hug.jpg
Aster:  HmmÖwell, Iím calling a club meeting as soon as I get home. 
Fig:  I expected that.

Back at the houseÖ

Laurel:  Woah!  That was fun, but now what do I do?  Iíve just finished all my childhood aspirations.
29.2 Laurel whiz kid.jpg

Wendy:  Now you can work on adult skills, Laurel.  Would you like to go fishing with me?
Laurel:  Sure, Mother.  I like fishing.
Wendy:  Iíve always liked it, too.
Laurel:  What do we do with all the fish we catch?
Wendy:  We turn them into plasma packs, mostly.
29.3 Laurel fish.jpg

Linden:  Thank you for reading with me, Father.  Your Patriarch trait really helps.
Aster:  Iím happy to help, son.  Itís nice to just sit and read for a change.
29.4 reading.jpg

Wendy:  How are you doing on that Friend of the Animals aspiration, Hermes? 
Hermes:  Iím trying my best to finish it, Mother, but Iím having some problems.  I canít Feel the Love with an animal unless it is in a happy mood, but all the dogs and cats around hereóincluding Link and Belleóseem to be sick.
29.5 sick Link.jpg
Wendy:  Can you cure them with wellness treats?
Hermes:  Yes, but there is a problem with those.  Iíve since learned that wellness treats make pets uncomfortable for four days.
Wendy:  That doesnít make sense!
Hermes:  I know!  Unfortunately, I canít find any way around it.  Iíve been constantly on the lookout for strays that arenít sick.  I managed to find one this morning.
29.6 Saya love.jpg

The following eveningÖ

Wendy:  Has anyone seen Laurel?
Laurel: (calls out) Iím in the basement, Mother!  I just accidentally maxed the pet training skill while playing fetch with Belle!
Wendy:  Oh!  I didnít even know that children could learn the pet training skill.
Laurel:  Me neither!
29.7 Pet training.jpg

Linden:  Thank you for mentoring me in fitness, Father.  May I ask, why is it so dark in here?
Aster:  I donít know.  This room doesnít get used very often.  Iíll have to install some of those new electric lights in here.  I had the whole house wired for electricity recently and weíve been slowly replacing the candles.
Linden:  Sounds good.
Aster:  Yeah, now stop yakking and concentrate on keeping your guard up.
Linden:  Yes sir!
29.8 Linden fitness.jpg

Aster:  Thatís enough fitness training for now.  Even though itís dark, letís go outside and work on your handiness.
29.9 handiness.jpg
Linden:  Okay.  HeyÖdo you hear that music?
Aster: What music?
Linden:  It sounds kind ofÖominous.
Aster:  UhÖyeahÖjust finish this sculpture then go inside. 

Fig: Did you hear that?  It sounds likeÖohÖitís for me.
Hermes:  Huh?
29.10 Fig1.jpg

29.11 Fig2.jpg

Hermes:  Uncle Fig!  *sobs*  Noooo!  Somebody help me!  Where is everyone?  Mother?  Father?
Grim:  Címon, boy.  Itís not like this was unexpected.  Why do you think your family club has been active for the last two days straight? 
29.12 Fig3.jpg

Aster:  *runs up and hands Hermes a moodlet solver*  Here, son.  Drink this. 
Grim:  Good evening, Aster.
Aster:  Hello Grim.  If youíll excuse me, I need to go check on the rest of the family.
Grim:  Of course.
Hermes:  I feel so much better!
29.13 Grim horseshoes.jpg

Aster:  Come visit us often, buddy.  I wonít even mind if you mess with the plumbing.  In fact, Linden needs handiness skill so break whatever you want.
29.14 Fig grave.jpg

The following dayÖ

Random Lady:  Hello little girl!  Do you like fishing?  I could give you some pointers, if you like.
Laurel:  Thank you, maíam, but I already maxed the fishing skill.  Iím just catching fish for plasma packs.
Random Lady: *stares*   
29.15 Laurel fish.jpg

Linden:  I appreciate the vampire training, Mother, but why are we doing this at the top of the stairs?
Wendy:  Why not?  You must be able to concentrate at all times.
29.16 vampire training.jpg

Hermes:  Finally!  It took a lot longer than I expected, but I completed Friend of the Animals!
29.17 aspiration.jpg

Hestia:  If I get my cooking and mixology skills high enough, maybe I can throw a dinner party for Laurelís birthday.
29.18 Hess studies.jpg

Linden:  Happy Birthday, little sis!  Are you excited?
Laurel:  Iím kind of nervous.  What if I get a bad trait?
Linden: AwwÖdonít worry.  I have a feeling that youíll get a very good trait.
29.19 heir hug.jpg

Laurel:  Iím so nervous, Mother!  May I blow out my candles now even though the guests havenít arrived yet?
Wendy:  Go ahead, honey.  Hess is catering a dinner party for you so blowing out the candles isnít a party goal anyway.
29.20 cake.jpg

Nike:  The food is delicious, Hess.  You should cater parties more often.
Hestia:  Thank you.  Mixology is my passion, but I enjoy cooking, too.
Apollo:  Itís a shame Laurel, Linden, Mother and Father are all vampires.  They canít eat any of this.  By the way, where did everyone go?
29.21 siblings.jpg
Hestia:  Didnít you hear the news?  They are all in a flutter because Laurel got the Loves Outdoors trait.
Apollo and Nike:  What?!

In the other roomÖ

Linden:  Congratulations sis!  I knew youíd get a good trait!
Laurel:  Thank you, but itís not completely decided yet.  Is it?
Aster:  Thatís true.  If Linden gets the Loves Outdoors trait as a young adult, then he will be heir.  Otherwise, Laurel, it will be you.
Linden:  Canít I just give it to her now?  I really donít mind being the spare.
Wendy:  Thatís admirable, Linden, but we have to go by the rules.
29.22 discussion.jpg

Wendy:  Before I forget to ask, Laurel, what is your aspiration?
Laurel:  It was Mansion Baron which auto-completed. 
Wendy:  What did you choose next?
Laurel:  Outdoor Enthusiast.
Aster:  Thatís my girl!  As soon as you earn an A in high school, weíll take a family trip to Granite Falls.
Wendy:  In that case, both Linden and Laurel should start their homework.
29.23 homework.jpg

After Wendy and Aster leaveÖ

Laurel:  I didnít have the heart to tell Mother and Father that Iíll have to cure my vampirism in order to complete Outdoor Enthusiast.
Linden:  Iíll bet they already know.  I guess technically you could cook the plates of beetles and sleep in a tent as a vampire, but it wouldnít be easy.  Plus, youíd need to earn sunlight resistance. 
Laurel:  Outdoor Enthusiast is hard enough.  I don't want to be a vampire on top of it.  Do you think theyíll be disappointed?
Linden:  Not at all!  Father already told me I could cure my vampirism if I wanted.  In fact, when you do it, I will too. I miss eating real food.
29.24 vampire talk.jpg

Hermes:  Hey little sister!  Since you are the next heir, may I ask your opinion about something?
Laurel: UmmÖIím not the heir yet.  If LindenÖ
Hermes:  Yeah, whatever you say.  Hereís my question.  Iíve been trying to think of ways to be useful. Now that Iíve maxed some skills and completed a difficult aspiration, do you think I should get a job?
Laurel:  I guess you could do the other branch of the business career since Apollo didnít finish it.
Hermes:  Spoken like a true heir!
Laurel:  You flatter me.  *goes back to her book*    
29.25 Hermes talk.jpg

Notes:  At this point, Linden and Laurel are both teens in game so even I donít know if Laurel is definitely the heir.  According to the Exemplar rule, if two or more potential heirs get the exemplar trait, then the eldest is named heir.  Therefore, if Linden gets Loves Outdoors as a young adult, he will be heir.  If he gets any other trait, Laurel will be heir.  I have not rolled traits ahead of time for my two heir candidates.  Also, @dontmindme asked a question about this very scenario and may possibly be psychic!

About the wellness treats:  Hermes was able to cure any sick animal with wellness treats, however, use it with extreme caution!  There is a known glitch that causes the wellness treat to give a pet a 4-day uncomfortable mood.  I didnít know this ahead of time, but it happened with both Link and Belle (and a few strays until I figured it out).  This makes the wellness treats basically useless if you are trying to complete Friend of the Animals because you canít Feel the Love with an uncomfortable cat or dog.  I donít think either of the recent patches have solved this problem.

Hermes had the most success with the following strategy:  He would meet an animal on the beach and interact with it until they were friends.  If the pet wandered off (and it usually did), Iíd have Hermes return home and invite the animal to hang out at the current lot.  Then, Hermes would spam friendly socials until Feel the Love came up as an option.  When they were on the home lot, Hermes could feed them, give baths, play, ask them to potty, pamper on the couch, etc.óanything to get the pet in a happy mood.  It sounds easier than it actually was, because so many pets in my world were sick.

Current household:
Aster and Wendy: YA vampires
Hermes: YA
Hestia: teen
Linden, Laurel: teen vampires
Link and Belle: adult dogs

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #168 on: November 21, 2018, 02:19:56 PM »
Poor Fig! When music was mentioned, I'd immediately assumed that Fig's lifelong wish of being abducted would come true at last! :(
Rest in peace, Fig. Andrew has been waiting for you.

Great news about Lauren rolling the Loves the Outdoors trait! What suspense until Linden's young adult birthday!
Congrats to Hermes on completing Friends of the Animals. That is a time-consuming aspiration, isn't it? *blows celebratory horn
Thank you for the collage of Linden and Andrew's ghost!

Go, Laurel! There's still charisma, video gaming, violin, and piano. Or have you already maxed those? ;D
I never knew a child could max Pet Training! Thanks for sharing your various tips this update!

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #169 on: November 22, 2018, 09:20:11 AM »
Lol, darn right I'm psychic :P Congrats to Laurel for being the first to roll the Exemplar trait. She's also super pretty, I think she looks a lot like Wendy while Linden takes after Andrew (not a bad thing at all). That dress is amazing on her. Oh, no, Fig!! My poor alien baby. RIP. Hey, Hermes, good job on that Pet Aspiration. Great perseverance, kiddo. Also, Hess is such a great sport, cooking all that food even though most of her family can't/won't eat it. Can't wait to see more of the Behrs.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #170 on: November 23, 2018, 12:26:30 PM »
Poor Fig! When music was mentioned, I'd immediately assumed that Fig's lifelong wish of being abducted would come true at last! :(
Rest in peace, Fig. Andrew has been waiting for you.
Great news about Lauren rolling the Loves the Outdoors trait! What suspense until Linden's young adult birthday!
Congrats to Hermes on completing Friends of the Animals. That is a time-consuming aspiration, isn't it? *blows celebratory horn
Thank you for the collage of Linden and Andrew's ghost!
Go, Laurel! There's still charisma, video gaming, violin, and piano. Or have you already maxed those? ;D
I never knew a child could max Pet Training! Thanks for sharing your various tips this update!
Poor Fig was never abducted by the aliens.  I like to think he made peace with that, though.  Fig has a been a frequent visitor as a ghost, which is nice.  In the beginning, I like seeing the ghosts although I might change my mind about that later in the legacy.

Laurel getting Loves Outdoors as a teen was a pleasant surprise!  Since neither Aster nor Wendy has it, I was worried that I might lose the trait completely.  In this case, randomness worked in Laurel's favor.

I'm so glad to be done with Friend of the Animals.  This is the first time I've ever completed that aspiration, and I don't think I'll do it again anytime soon!  ;)

Lol, darn right I'm psychic :P Congrats to Laurel for being the first to roll the Exemplar trait. She's also super pretty, I think she looks a lot like Wendy while Linden takes after Andrew (not a bad thing at all). That dress is amazing on her. Oh, no, Fig!! My poor alien baby. RIP. Hey, Hermes, good job on that Pet Aspiration. Great perseverance, kiddo. Also, Hess is such a great sport, cooking all that food even though most of her family can't/won't eat it. Can't wait to see more of the Behrs.
I'll gladly give you credit for being psychic!  I'm so happy that Laurel rolled Loves Outdoors.  You are right, she looks a lot like her mother (Wendy) from the front.  If you see her profile, she looks like her grandmother (Shari). 

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: The Big Outdoors (Nov 23)
« Reply #171 on: November 23, 2018, 12:58:35 PM »
The Big Outdoors

Wendy:  How was your first day of high school, Laurel?
Laurel:  It was easier than I expected, actually.  My teacher already gave me an A.
Wendy:  Thatís wonderful!  Shall we pack our bags for Granite Falls, then?
30.1 talk.jpg
Laurel:  Iíd love to, but there is one thing I need to take care of first.  I hope you donít mind, but Iíd like to cure my vampirism. 
Wendy:  Oh, of course!  I was getting ahead of myself.
Aster:  Iíll mix the cure for you and your brother.  And donít worry, Laurel, your mother and I were expecting this.
Laurel:  Youíre not disappointed?
Wendy:  Not at all!  Just because our goals and aspirations required being vampires doesnít mean the same is true for you.

Laurel:  Are you ready for this?
Linden:  Yep.  On the count of threeÖ
30.2 vampire cure.jpg

Laurel: OneÖ
Linden:  TwoÖ
Together:  Three!
30.3 the change.jpg

Wendy:  Well, kids, this is Granite Falls!  The last time your father and I were here, Hess was a baby, I was pregnant with Linden, and Laurel was just a twinkle in our eyes!
Aster:  And now the three of you are teens.  Where does the time go?
30.4 arrival.jpg
Laurel:  Hey, where is Hermes?
Wendy:  He stayed home to take care of the dogs, and he didnít want to use up any of his vacation days.

Aster:  What would you like to do first, Laurel?
Laurel:  Well, none of the plants are ready to harvest yet.  I guess Iíll go catch five fish.
30.5 fish first.jpg

Linden:  Iím going to learn how to carve the camping mascot.
30.6 statue.jpg

Hestia:  Iím going to make breakfast for everyone.  This kitchen is amazing!
30.7 Hess cooks.jpg

Wendy:  Iím going to talk to this bear and make sure it stays away from our campsite.
Bear:  What?  But Iím a friendly bear! 
Wendy:  As long as you donít scare my family, weíll get along just fine.
30.8 bear.jpg

Aster:  Now that the sun is coming up, what is your plan for the rest of the day?
Laurel:  First, I need to harvest some wild plants.  Then I can look for the path to the Hermitís place.
30.9 discuss day.jpg

Aster:  Sounds good.  Is there anything your Mother and I can do to help?
Laurel:  If you could try to catch some bugs, that would be great.
30.10 collage.jpg

Laurel:  This must be the bramble patchÖ
30.11 brambles.jpg

Aster:  Hello there!  Are you the Hermit of Granite Falls?  I must say, you are much younger than I expected.
Hermit:  *flattered*  Oh, wellÖthank you.  Please make yourself at home.
30.12 hermit talk.jpg

Aster:  Thatís very kind of you.  Would it be alright if we pitch our tent and set up our portable shower?
Hermit:  Be my guest!  Most folks sleep in my bed without even asking.  Itís very thoughtful of you to bring a tent.
Aster:  We like to be good guests.
30.13 tent.jpg

Laurel:  Hello, Mr. Hermit.  I see youíve met my father.
Hermit:  Yes, heís a very nice man.  Are you the daughter with the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration?
Laurel:  Thatís me.
30.14 Laurel hermit.jpg

Hermit:  Your family is far more considerate than most who visit me.  Feel free to use my fire to cook your beetles.  And you may cook up some herbal remedies on my grill.
Laurel:  Thank you!  I will.
30.15 beetles.jpg
30.16 brew.jpg

The next day, the family returns homeÖ

Daisy:  How was the trip to Granite Falls?  Did Laurel complete her aspiration?
Aster:  Not quite.  She made good progress, but she got stuck on the step which requires identifying all the herbs.  Even though Laurel has all ten in her inventory, only seven of them are registering.  We came home to try and figure it out.
Daisy:  Thatís unfortunate, but Iím sure youíll get to the bottom of it.
30.17 Daisy talk.jpg
Aster:  The other reason we came home is because itís Hessís birthday.  She wants to have a dinner party and we canít do that on vacation.

Laurel:  I canít believe you are letting Ares cater your party, Hess!
Hestia:  Unfortunately, I couldnít host and cater the party at the same time.  I made my own cake and some chicken stir fry before letting Ares in the kitchen, though.  *smiles*
30.18 Hess cake.jpg

Laurel: Thatís a wise plan.  HeyÖwhereís Father?
Hestia:  He said something about investigating a strange light.
Laurel:  Oh no!
30.19 abduction.jpg

Aster:  Iím back!  What did I miss?
Wendy:  I was just saying how nice it is to have six of our children all here together for Hessís birthday.
30.20 six kids.jpg

Daisy:  These fizzy, fruity drinks are wonderful!  Did you make them Hess?
Hestia:  Yes!  Thank you, Aunt Daisy.  Mixing drinks is my passion.
Daisy:  Well, then, what are you waiting for?  Go ahead and join the culinary career!
30.21 Hess Daisy.jpg

Hestia:  I got the job!  Itís a shame my schedule starts with three days off, though.
30.22 Hess job.jpg

Daisy:  And how are you doing Hermes?  I heard you started a new job, too.
Hermes:  I did!  I joined the business career.  I even got a promotion while the family was on vacation.
Daisy:  Thatís wonderful!
Hermes:  Thanks, Aunt Daisy! 
30.23 Hermes Daisy.jpg

Aster:  Well, my dear, it seems we have a few days before we return to Granite Falls.  Would you like to go on a date with your husband and start the Soulmate aspiration?
Wendy:  I thought youíd never ask!
30.24 soulmates.jpg

Notes:  When I cured Laurel and Linden of vampirism, they both re-set to day 1 teens.  That means they will become young adults on the same day.  The next update will include their birthday (and reveal the gen3 heir). 

Also, I finally got Seasons during the Black Friday sale. Yay!  Next update will be half before and half after installing Seasons.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #172 on: November 23, 2018, 02:27:16 PM »
I love Laurel's new striped dress and it seems Hestia has a new dress as well.
"Someone's" collection of cc is very slowly expanding.  ;)

About "Identify 10 plants," Hess needs to use the "Identify plant" action for each type for that goal to check off.
if Hess checks her personal inventory, she may find that she has some labelled "Unidentified plant."
If I recall correctly, if a sim has the herb already, harvesting a new one will make that "identified."
Or, it may stay at the bottom of the stack as "Unidentified." I can remember which and I'm not playing lately.
I usually move all the herbs from my OE sim to other sims before arriving in Granite Falls.
Of course, if her aspiration goal is just glitching, there's always that cheat she can use later.

So lucky for you that Hestia rolled the Master Mixologist aspiration rather Master Chef. ;D
And yeah, I will not ever being doing Friend of the Animals again unless it's a random roll. Ugh.

Yay, for you getting Seasons!
Hope you have time to return to GF, if necessary, before summer ends.
The house is looking great, too!

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #173 on: November 23, 2018, 09:15:26 PM »
The striped dress is very cute! It's interesting to see this aspiration being worked on, since I've never really played with it. I'm looking forward to seeing what the double birthday has in store.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #174 on: November 26, 2018, 12:42:28 AM »
I love Laurel's new striped dress and it seems Hestia has a new dress as well.
"Someone's" collection of cc is very slowly expanding.  ;)

About "Identify 10 plants," Hess needs to use the "Identify plant" action for each type for that goal to check off.
if Hess checks her personal inventory, she may find that she has some labelled "Unidentified plant."
If I recall correctly, if a sim has the herb already, harvesting a new one will make that "identified."
Or, it may stay at the bottom of the stack as "Unidentified." I can remember which and I'm not playing lately.
I usually move all the herbs from my OE sim to other sims before arriving in Granite Falls.
Of course, if her aspiration goal is just glitching, there's always that cheat she can use later.

So lucky for you that Hestia rolled the Master Mixologist aspiration rather Master Chef. ;D
And yeah, I will not ever being doing Friend of the Animals again unless it's a random roll. Ugh.

Yay, for you getting Seasons!
Hope you have time to return to GF, if necessary, before summer ends.
The house is looking great, too!
Yeah, my collection of cc keeps growing.  Funny how that happens.  It's too bad that Get Famous didn't come out sooner.  There's some nice new clothing in that expansion which I could have used for my first generation.  Oh well.  There's always the new Tech Dynasty Challenge.   ;)

For Laurel's second trip to Granite Falls, I finally got smart and removed all the herbs from her inventory.  That made it easy to see the three she hadn't identified.  I didn't mind going back a second time, though, as a change of scenery is always nice.  Luckily, I got that part done before installing Seasons.

The striped dress is very cute! It's interesting to see this aspiration being worked on, since I've never really played with it. I'm looking forward to seeing what the double birthday has in store.
That's two votes in favor of Laurel's striped dress.   :)   Double birthday coming up, right after I list my cc sources (which I guess I should have done in the last update). 

Here it is:

Hess's green dress (and Laurel has a version of it somewhere in her outfits) is "The Schoolmistress" by Retropixels
Wendy and several others have added the "Daisy Edwardian dress" by Historical Sims Life.
And Laurel's striped dress is actually a recoloring of that same dress by HSL.  The recoloring was done by Dyo.