Author Topic: Origin won't re-install game/stuff packs  (Read 6880 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Origin won't re-install game/stuff packs
« on: May 12, 2018, 04:11:37 PM »
While chatting with EA Customer Support about a problem I'm having, I was instructed to completely uninstall then re-install my game.
(My original problem: Since yesterday, I've started getting "Build Items Removed" messages whenever a visit any lot, even Maxis-made ones)

Fine, I moved all my folders elsewhere, then clicked Uninstall in Windows/Control Programs.
Logged out and back into Origin and clicked Download.
Origin will not let me Download most of my game packs and some of my stuff packs.
Now I'm in the process of re-installing the Origin client.

Why won't Origin download all my packs?
I can see the "Download" on the packs in Origin under "Extra Content."
When I try repairing the game, I have the option to "Add to Queue" but the missing packs are not added.

Ugh, so frustrated right now. I've been trying to troubleshoot this for over seven hours now.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Origin won't re-install expansion/game/stuff packs
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 05:18:37 PM »
It sounds as though Origin may have hiccuped. Have you tried uninstalling Origin, run Ccleaner and then reinstalled Origin?

How To: Uninstall/Reinstall the Origin
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21898.msg431239#msg431239

Then try downloading Sims 4 and it's packs again.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Origin won't re-install game/stuff packs
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 05:23:46 PM »
An hour later, I've reinstalled Origin which automatically started downloading the game and all but 10 of the game/stuff packs.

I've had to log out then log back into Origin twice.
Each time, Origin automatically added some of my remaining missing packs to the download queue and initiated download.
I'm seeing my last missing packs in the download queue now.

I'm not sure if my initial (Build Items Removed) issue is resolved now, but I seem to have a handle on the collateral damage.
Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

ETA: MrsFlynn, I ran CCleaner before re-installing my game. Should I have run it again before re-installing Origin?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 07:55:26 PM »
I usually run Ccleaner anytime I uninstall anything. As it helps clean up any left over files that are no longer being used by the uninstalled program.

However, you can run Ccleaner after if need be.

ETA: MrsFlynn, I ran CCleaner before re-installing my game. Should I have run it again before re-installing Origin?
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 03:03:23 PM »
Well, the original problem resurfaced when I booted my legacy game.
Whenever I load a lot, I get the "Build Items Removed" error message.
I don't think I should have to do a factory reset and Origin re-install every week. *sighs

I'm just gonna ignore this and hope that I'm not missing any essential lot items.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 10:11:04 PM »
The more I read on this bug, the more I'm wondering if it has something to do with outdated custom content or some other missing objects.

Some of the suggested fixes are to check over mods/cc, delete game cache and localthumbcahche.package file, check lots that may contain photos and/or paintings painted by other Sims, as they might be missing.

More information and tips can be found in the post linked below:

Build Items Removed
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29900.0

anything