Author Topic: CC Hair Issue - Streaks in Hair  (Read 13375 times)

Offline savezelda44

• Nooboo
CC Hair Issue - Streaks in Hair
« on: June 10, 2018, 10:26:58 PM »
So a lot of my cc hairs are having an issue. In CAS they look perfectly fine and great. Once in game, unless i'm insanely zoomed in, white lines appear on the hair. These are many different cc hair meshes from different creators. I messed with my graphics settings and that didn't seem to do anything. I strongly believe somethings wrong on my end rather than the cc being bad because i can't seem to find a solution anywhere, not even one person who has the same issue. If anyone could help me, please any advice is welcome! Thanks.  Once again, not all of the cc hairs do this.

cc hair 2 glitch.jpg

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: CC Hair Issue - Streaks in Hair
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 10:49:35 PM »
In game options, turn off laptop mode, if on. If you've tried that, you may need to troubleshoot your mods. This means move your mods folder to the desktop delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder. This helps clear up some game glitches and will help to make sure there isn't any issues with mods or cc. Like mods/cc that are outdated or no longer in game.

If the game runs well without the mods folder. This most likely means that it is outdated mod or cc. This can happen as we get updates for the games, some mods and custom content become outdated. You'll need to to go through your mods folder to find what needs to be replaced.

Also, streaks in hair sometimes happen when the hair is conflicting with something else the sim is wearing, anything from cc skin, clothing, and/or jewelry.

How to Fix Problems with Mods/CC
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25031.msg426156#msg426156

There are more tips in these threads linked below:

CC hair blonde streaks
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=28623.msg467180#msg467180

The Sims 4 CC Hair- Blonde Streaks Bug (FIX)
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/The-Sims-4-CC-Hair-Blonde-Streaks-Bug-FIX/td-p/5069642

If none of the above help, you may need to go to one or more of the creator's site for support to see if they have any other tips.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline savezelda44

• Nooboo
Re: CC hair issue - streaks in hair
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 01:56:31 PM »
Thanks for your help! I've removed all mods but this one hair and it's still resulting in fine white lines. I've also deleted the localthumbcache.package before and it didn't help. i feel like if it was the mod, the creators would know about it and others would have the same issue. i cannot find one person with the same issue. The blonde streaks that other people have had are very different than the ones happening in my game. In some other cases the lines will show on the seams of cc clothing, when i zoom out. Also, i have a very good graphics card and my default settings are on ultra. I've tried lowering my graphics and nothing worked. If the mod is broken, then why does it look fine in other people's game and it seems to just be me with this specific issue? I don't think its the cc nor the game i think it's something going wrong on my end. I've been trying to find a solution for weeks and cannot find anyone who knows what the problem is. Also, the creators will not get back to me so they are of no help.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 07:51:29 PM »
Have you thought about posting your issue on the Official Forums in their modding section? I really cant help anymore than MrsFlynn's suggestions so I'm sorry about that.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 07:23:16 AM »
I have issues similar to that. Zoom out and the hair looks streaked and like you said, zoomed in and it is fine.  I have removed all cc hair for now and will be getting a new computer.  I am so cutting down on cc after getting this computer.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline savezelda44

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 09:40:09 AM »
I've posted on the official forum and no one seems to know the issue. Everyone is recommending reaching out to the creators, which I've done, but none of them respond.  :( oh well. i guess i'll just have to live without those custom hairs. Thanks for your help (:

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 10:38:08 AM »
I've tried to search on this issue. If the tips posted above and in the thread I posted a link to doesn't work that may mean there may not be a true fix or work-around for the issue, as some mods/cc work differently on different computers, due to the different configurations. This is why the tips work for some and not for others. I read a few players saying that.

If the creator doesn't have a support forum, is hard to contact or no longer supporting the cc, then the problem cc needs to be taken out of game if it's not working.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline aly975

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2018, 06:37:01 PM »
hi! i know this post is  couple months old but i came across it while google searching. i am having this same issue too!! finally someone who is experiencing this as well. Just thought I'd type out a reply in case anyone sees it. I have not been able to find a fix either :( is this by chance a hair by leahlillith?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 08:09:58 PM »
If you haven't, try the tips given in the post linked below:

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29953.msg482687#msg482687

If you continue to have problems either check with the creator's site for support, post about your issue in the AHQ Sims 4 thread listed in same post (link above) or post in the mod section of the official forum. As we've given all the support we can on this issue.