Author Topic: Trouble With Venue Stage  (Read 3966 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Trouble With Venue Stage
« on: June 11, 2018, 02:35:57 PM »
Hi, I have an acrobat sim who had a scheduled gig, but when I took her there to set up the stage, she couldn't. She kept getting the "path blocked" icon above her head. She couldn't use any stage set up at all, even the default one that comes w/the venue! The stage just would not clear at all. The only thing I can think of is that the family owned that venue and maybe it's just not possible to perform a gig at an owned venue? I finally just bulldozed the lot and placed a new copy of it. Has anybody else had this problem?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Trouble With Venue Stage
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 04:28:46 PM »
I'm not sure why you're getting the error path blocked. Have you tried resetting town or using Nraas MasterController to reset everything?

This is what I do when I have problems like this. Something else to try along with doing some kind of reset is to clear the game's cache files.

Or doing what you've done - bulldozing and replacing the lot might help.

Reset Town, Individual Sims and/or Evict Household (How-To)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401812#msg401812

Delete Game Cache Files
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401809#msg401809
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 05:25:31 PM »
The only thing I can think of is that the prev setup was her sister's who had just recently died from catching fire while performing a sing-a-gram. I think though that w/her death, the stage at the venue *should* have cleared, but somehow didn't.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 05:34:28 PM »
Resetting and clearing the game cache would help with that. :)

Did bulldozing and replacing the lot not help?
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 06:56:24 PM »
I'm not sure. The game froze up shortly after that and I had to force quit. I just cleared all the cache files and will see if that works.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 08:00:24 PM »
Do you or anybody else have any idea what this icon means? I've tried everything my acrobat can do, but nothing matches. This is what the audience wants, but I have no idea what it is.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 08:09:37 PM »
I can't really tell what it is, and can't enlarge the photo. From what I can tell it looks like it might be a mime or maybe a clown?

It maybe a random thought bubble? I have seen some of my Sims have random thought bubbles.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 09:04:45 PM »
I tried all the mimes and none of them fit. Anyway, back to the problem. Clearing the cache did not work. She heads straight to the back left corner which has a deco on it and she gets blocked. Also, I can't take the ring of fire or the ball out of her inventory. I'll try bulldozing the lot and hopefully the game won't freeze up this time and we'll see if that works

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 09:15:53 PM »
If bulldozing the lot and replacing it doesn't help, try resetting the town or maybe even evicting the Sim and the move them back into their house.

If that doesn't help, try resetting everything with MasterController.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 11:15:51 PM »
We'll see what happens. She just auditioned for a gig and is due the next day. *fingers crossed* that it works.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2018, 12:48:42 AM »
It worked slightly better, but she still could not use her ring of fire or the balance ball. I tried putting them out before she set up stage, but they disappeared. I could try another custom set u and see how that works, if she can take out the 2 items that she needs. I think that icon I posted earlier kind of looks like a balance ball act. I'm not sure.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2018, 10:32:25 AM »
Ooh I didn't think of it being a balancing act.

Are you trying to find something that works that doesn't involve resetting the Sim/Town or everything?

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 08:51:49 PM »
I gave up on the acrobat for this particular sim. This is for my apocalypse challenge and I found out that I had 2 sims working on the same lift, LOL. I had her brother in law working as a firefighter and since it was going MUCH better for him, I kept him in it and he is now a fire chief. I switched her to magician which brings me to another question. Is there a skill that works for magician in the same way that athletic works for acrobat?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2018, 12:32:03 AM »
You know, I'm not sure. I've never really tried to play with those careers. If you're not able to find the information on Carl's guide, you might look on the Sims Wiki.

https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/careers/showtime/magician.php
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Magician_(career)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 02:34:07 PM »
Thanks! I'll do that.

anything