Author Topic: Seasons Fall Graphical Glitches with GTX 960M  (Read 1295 times)

Offline majj

• Nooboo
Seasons Fall Graphical Glitches with GTX 960M
« on: June 12, 2018, 03:12:37 PM »
Sims 3 is running fine for me, however - there's a seriously ugly graphical glitch that strikes only in Fall. All the piles of leaves under the trees are just black textureless blobs, like the Twilight Realm has invaded Appaloosa. This can be combined with blurred ground textures on some settings.

I have read around and I'm fairly sure this is a graphics card issue. Macs apparently suffered the same thing due to unsupported cards.

I've tried:
- Making very sure the Sims 3 isn't using my integrated chip
- Running the game in compatibility mode for Win 7, and for Vista
- Running the game as an administrator
- Adding my graphics card to the GraphicsCards.sgr and GraphicsRules.sgr (someone else helpfully had the same card as me, so I just copied their setup)
- deleting my cache files
- various playarounds with the in-game settings

I'm using a GeForce GTX 960M in Windows 10. Game version is v1.67.2.024002. I am not using Origin.
My expansion packs are Generations, Pets and Seasons. Custom content has been turned off just in case, not that I think I had any to turn off. I'm running the game offline.

I'm also using AwesomeMod, but I think the beast is innocent on this occasion.

I suspect the situation is hopeless, but does anyone have any advice before I totally give up?

Screenshot-19.jpg

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Seasons Fall Graphical Glitches with GTX 960M
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 04:08:11 PM »
Thank you for sharing a photo. Looks like you've technically checked that everything is working between computer and graphics card. Have you double checked that it isn't bad/outdated cc?

With mods/cc turned off, have you tested in a new game to see if it happens in a new game?

Thinking that maybe the game got corrupted by some of the cc. As custom content is known to mess up the game graphically.

If a new game works fine, you might want to double check any mods and/or custom content you have. To make sure it's all still good.

Finding Problem Mods and CC
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Finding_Problem_Custom_Content
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything