Author Topic: Unable to log into Origin  (Read 1795 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Unable to log into Origin
« on: June 23, 2018, 10:41:16 PM »
I haven't been able to log into Origin for the past couple of hours now.
I've tried refreshing my screen as well as signing out and relogging in. No luck.
After inputting my login info, I get the message below:

Well, that didn't go as planned
Origin encountered an issue loading this page. Please try reloading it – if that doesn’t work, restart the client or try again later.

I went to a website called downdetector.com and found other simmers experiencing a similar problem with accessing Origin.
http://downdetector.com/status/origin

I'm done trying with Origin for today.
Tomorrow, do I need to uninstall and re-install Origin? (I've already done that a couple of months ago...)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Unable to log into Origin
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 10:52:17 PM »
I feel embarrassed to ask.. have you exited Origin, restarted your computer and tried again?

Even if you have, I'd give it a bit. EA has been having issues with their server lately, and it maybe on their end.

Uninstall/reinstall as a last resort.

Delete Origin Cache Files (What and How-To)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29289.msg401663#msg401663

Uninstall/Reinstall Origin
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21898.msg431239#msg431239
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 09:10:29 AM »
Thank you for your response.
Signing out and restarting my computer didn't help. I tried it both last night and just now.

On that downdetector.com site, one simmer reported this two hours ago:
I had this and went through customer service, turned out I'd been banned. Been talking to other people on Twitter and they have been too for no reason. I'd suggest everyone getting the 'Sign in is currently unavailable. Please try again later.' error to go through customer service to check you if you have been banned/suspended. Then you have to fill out a form but it can take 5-14 days for somebody to go through your claim.

So, I guess, I will try uninstalling/installing Origin first. If that doesn't work. I'll be contacting customer service.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 09:14:08 AM »
Okay, I discovered something nice but weird.
If I go to the Origin website, I'm able to "Play on Origin" but I don't get the "Repair Game" features.
Guess it's time to uninstall/reinstall Origin. *sighs

Edited to add:
20 minutes later, I've reinstalled Origin and am now able to Repair/Play/everything else with Sims 4 on Origin.
Thanks again for your response! I was NOT looking forward to waiting 5-14 days while Origin investigated an erroneous banning....

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 09:45:27 AM »
As a final comment on this issue, I got the "Well, that didn't go as planned" message again yesterday.
The fix, it seems, is to delete the Origin cache files.
This second time that is all I had to do to regain Origin access. Reinstalling Origin was not needed.

anything